New Bionicle Polybag

doodleloot

BZP sure is taking its time to report this! The Kulta mask is a great choice for a polybag, but it would have been nice to get a different, non-metallic color. I just don't think it looks regal enough to warrant gold.

Still though - new polybag! Raise your Bonkles!

• Upvote 3

IetTsFQ.png

Like I said on a BZP Facebook post, I'll be getting two of these if I can so that both Skull Warrior and Kulta can have one each. This mask looks to be packaged in a similar way to the trans-orange Mask of Fire, so hopefully it's easy to obtain through the online LEGO shop.

The page that Little Taggy linked to suggests that the contents of this polybag include a buildable papercraft stand. That's just awesome!

I think I'd like to display the Mask of Creation on that stand. Do we have any idea when this polybag will hit stores?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Like I said on a BZP Facebook post, I'll be getting two of these if I can so that both Skull Warrior and Kulta can have one each. This mask looks to be packaged in a similar way to the trans-orange Mask of Fire, so hopefully it's easy to obtain through the online LEGO shop.

The page that Little Taggy linked to suggests that the contents of this polybag include a buildable papercraft stand. That's just awesome!

As someone who built his own papercraft stand, I very welcome this. Looks very simple to assemble which is a plus for the younger fans. LEGO, please add papercraft stand for all future sets :)

(or have them as downloadable pdfs on the site)

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

The mask stand assembly used for this and the Mask of Creation is actually highly effective with the addition of a single piece:

maskstandmod.png

Luckily the Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder set includes one as a spare piece, though I don't see anything about one in the polybag images.

BZP sure is taking its time to report this!

Well everyone's busy having fun at BrickFair, so they may not have seen this yet or been able to write up a story about it.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Must HAZ!!  :drooling:

The paper stand is cool, I must say. Any official word on its availability?

The Admins on VZ made it sound like it was coming out later this year.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That is a cool mask. I've would've liked to see another trans-colored mask, but a gold version of Kuita's mask works well too. I hope this mask will be made available like the trans Mask of Fire, in that it will be given out when one purchases something at a Lego Store or on Lego Shop and Home. I got a keychain to get said Mask of Fire. I would like to another if it gets me this mask.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The other six golden masks on the poster thing make me think that this mask will have story relevance. Maybe Grinder/Kulta has to collect all six of the Toa's gold masks so he can get his own? Something like that anyway (assuming it DOES have story significance)

Edited by Crezdonn

I think I'd like to display the Mask of Creation on that stand. Do we have any idea when this polybag will hit stores?

I have the Store Calendar for September(Nothing Bionicle is Scheduled), so probably October-November.

Edited by Dragon11603

The mask stand assembly used for this and the Mask of Creation is actually highly effective with the addition of a single piece:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/B-f-a-home/Other/maskstandmod.png

Luckily the Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder set includes one as a spare piece, though I don't see anything about one in the polybag images.

There is none. Though if you push the mask a bit harder, it fits quite well there. Kinda like this.

yVvSM0q.jpg

Edited by Little Taggy
  • Upvote 2
12_zps8keayfxf.jpg

Untitled-8_zps85rfmcat.png Untitled-6_zpsltqr5b53.png Untitled-5_zps4ntfbufs.png

This helps so much! Added it to my MoCr stand.

IetTsFQ.png

That is some sweet papercraft. And awesome to be getting stands from LEGO for these in any way. Almost makes me want to buy a ton just for the stand lol.

Another color for the Kulta mask isn't bad either.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 2 weeks later...