Vaal's Forge & Foundry

Hey, welcome back!

3D printing is amazing. My dad and I have owned two printers for about a month now. I've only done a few simple models as examples of my freelancing CAD work, but they've been a great help for showing my clients what a part would look like if it was machined.

It's totally worth getting into.

- TD

@-TD-

Thanks! Yeah, I'm excited to get started. I hope to use it to create precision masters for resin molds.

@keiththelegokid

That's just an example image- he's not for sale. However, I can create another one for $20 + return shipping, or, if you don't have a Tohunga to spare, $20 + McToran retail + mask retail + return shipping. Let me know!

- Heir

• Upvote 1

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

Good to see you back on here, Heir. I saw you at BrickFair this past weekend, but didn't get the chance to say hello.

I've admired your work for quite some time. You might be hearing from me about an infected Tohunga, or something along those lines.

-Letagi

@Toa Komali

I certainly can. You can't see it, but the Makuta's eyes are painted under the mask.

@Letagi

No worries, I didn't get to spend nearly as much time as I had wanted on the convention floor, either. At this rate, I aught to just go buy a bunch of McToran from eBay and keep a stockpile of Makutas!

@Toa Nekar

Deserted, indeed. Anyway, sounds good ^_^

@Gonny

I was just working on writing back to you, actually! Unfortunately, you're not the only one I owe a reply- and an apology- to. :(

- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

@Toa Komali

I certainly can. You can't see it, but the Makuta's eyes are painted under the mask.

- Heir

Sounds great. I will seek out the parts for said commision and once I have it I'll get back to you. One last question would white parts be preferred?

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Oh man, I remember going out and buying the Citadel toolkit and Green Stuff at my nearest Games Workshop after I saw the tutorials on your website  :D

Your work has always been incredibly inspiring to me, it was really awesome to see how a fan could make his own unique parts. Unfortunately I never got the chance to order something from you, but that might change soon. 3D printing is certainly an amazing thing. There's a lot of trial and error involved but you can get some really impressive results out of it. I actually thought about molding 3D prints and casting duplicates of them before, but I never really got around to try it. I had some ideas for parts that I think could be really neat and I would love to talk to you about that. If you're interested in discussing those you can contact me at any time  :)

Hail Denmark

Are there any rough pricing outlines for each of the services?

Also, this stuff is dope. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

@doodlebot

Wow, thanks for the kind words, man :)

There's no way I'm learning 3D modeling myself- instead, I've touched base with former BZPower member Populus, who did a lot of BIONICLE 3D modeling back in the day and has since gotten several of his renders incorporated into TF2 by Valve. I'm really excited to see what we can do (and, if we do make a go of it, I'll drop you a line!)

@Wazdakka

I'd really rather not provide estimates, as they can very easily be thrown by how simple- or difficult- a custom is. That said, a single mask-size item rarely seems to go above $20, and is much more often on either side of $10. Return shipping, of course, runs everything up.

- Heir

Edited by Heir of the Chronicler
  • Upvote 1

LfkQ2ln.png

@Wazdakka

I'd really rather not provide estimates, as they can very easily be thrown by how simple- or difficult- a custom is. That said, a single mask-size item rarely seems to go above $20, and is much more often on either side of $10. Return shipping, of course, runs everything up.

- Heir

Well that covers my question from my pm rather nicely. Seeing that is the case I want to know if you'd still like to hear my idea on the eyes.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

@Gonny

I was just working on writing back to you, actually! Unfortunately, you're not the only one I owe a reply- and an apology- to. :(

- Heir

Glad to here it, Heir. I knew it had been a while since you'd been active on BZP or DeviantArt and I wasn't sure how much you were checking the Forge and Foundry email, so I'm just happy to know you're back. Sorry again for the overkill of sending you messages through several different sites, but given the fact that I did, will I be hearing back from you through BZP or email?

A Turaga

You are a very wise Turaga.

Ultimate Bionicle Knowledge Quiz

@Komali

Just PM'd you back!

@Gonny

Give me a sec, let me find the sarcasm font... how dare you have enough interest that you tried repeatedly, across multiple media platforms, to contact me!? :P

Anyway, I dropped you a PM on here just now. Hope we can make it happen, would be my first custom of that type :)

- Heir

• Upvote 1

LfkQ2ln.png

@Gonny

Give me a sec, let me find the sarcasm font... how dare you have enough interest that you tried repeatedly, across multiple media platforms, to contact me!? :P

Anyway, I dropped you a PM on here just now. Hope we can make it happen, would be my first custom of that type :)

- Heir

Thanks for the message. I'm glad you didn't mind my attempts to contact you. I have replied.

I really like those repainted Tohunga. Tamaru and Kopeke look great. Tamaru's feet in particular stand out to me as just about as close a color match as can be. I'm curious, are those the result of your own personal projects or were those commissioned? I'd really like to see more of those types of things if you have any more examples.

What made you decide to go with the set form of Tamaru rather than his color scheme in MNOLG? And it looks like Kopeke got his mask painted the color of Matoro's instead of getting his legs painted the color of the light blue komau. It looks great either way, but I was just wondering about the small details.

A Turaga

You are a very wise Turaga.

Ultimate Bionicle Knowledge Quiz

Kopeke and Tamaru are part of a buyer commission, yes- although I intend to duplicate them for my own collection some day, too!

I want to go further with creating LEGO compatible repaints, so you'll definitely see more like them. I'll post much higher quality pictures of them soon, as well.

Actually, I did use his MNOLG color scheme! They used the same light blue for Tamaru and Kongu's teal, and the same sand blue for Kopeke and Matoro. So, these are MNOLG accurate, rather than "set" accurate, as they changed Tamaru's mask and feet to yellow, and Kopeke's mask and feet to Ga-Koro light blue.

- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

• 4 weeks later...

Whoohooo! My favorite bionicle piece painter is back! Anyway, I got two questions:

-How much will it cost to paint a krana and Kraata?

-Will you consider painting the G2 masks if there is enough demand?

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

This is amazing!!! Oh my god!!! :) :) :)

For the first time in four years ... the Bionicle story comes to a close

with the Bionicle Disunity trilogy

Were you as shocked as I was upon learning the Bionicle serials "The Yesterday Quest" and "The Powers That Be" would never be finished?

Did you know that Lego won't allow Greg Farshtey to complete the story because they want to focus on marketing G2?

My close friend The Mad Great Being has been working tirelessly on completing the Bionicle story ... and now it is finally finished. His writing style stays

true to the integrity of the characters that we know and love.  His plot ideas are something only comparable to Greg Farshtey's.

Trust me, I'm hard to please with fan-fiction.  If you liked reading Bionicle Chronicles/Adventures/Legends ... then you won't

want to miss the next best thing since learning Mata Nui was a 40-million-foot-tall robot.

BZP User The Mad Great Being presents ... Bionicle: Malevolence

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19970-the-great-being-civil-war/

Sponsored by Wamsutta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...