A CLOCKWORK'S END

Voltex

Pyro I will kill you! Hm 5 A's and 11 C's given the 50:50 chance I'd rather have less competition if I live so I pick A. Plus seeking out Dark Hunter Base without being a Dark Hunter or heavily armed = Suicide.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I'm gonna go with A, since at least if that group dies, it won't be the majority of the playerbase right away, since there are more people in C. And if that group lives... well then that group lives. And that's one less player in option C that dies. So everyone wins.

To reiterate, I'm going with A.

Edited by Toa Onaku

ROUND 1: ENDS

The survivors argued amongst each other, with the vast majority agreeing that their best chance was to tear the vehicles apart and then rebuild them as shelter - despite the fact that the wind was by this point so harsh and cold that doing so would almost certainly result in them all freezing to death.

Luckily for everyone, somebody had common sense… or was simply absolutely dreadful at playing the part of a villain.

“Watch, sheep!” the Pyro yelled, as they set the vehicles ablaze. “Watch all of your hopes burn! Turn away now! This path means death!”

With any hopes of building a shelter destroyed, several of the survivors were forced to pick a different path.

Unbeknownst to all of them, Underscore perished in the fire, having taken too long to realize that the Axalara he was seated on top of was literally burning him alive.

Rest in peace.

With their options limited to two, the survivors deliberated for many minutes once more, with a slight majority deciding to remain on the island of Odina and try to reach the Dark Hunter Headquarters.

Blade led the way for Luroka, ShadowVezon, Unit, Ghidora, Tiragath, Ehks, TX Wade, Nevermore, Windrider, Jed, Dragonstar, Pumpress, and FF.

Meanwhile, Burnmad and Fishers led ToaD, Pulse, Quisoves, ToaK, Onaku, Nik, Portalfig, and Aerixx back to the boats, where they soon set sail for the island of Nynrah upon the two remaining ships.

The voyage was both swift and brutal; while Fishers’ ship (carrying ToaD, ToaK, and Nik) made it to shore just fine, they found only the battered remains of the second ship.

The bodies of their comrades were nowhere to be found.

fishers64, ToaD, ToaK, and Nik have SURVIVED the middle path!*

Burnmad, Pulse, Quisoves, Onaku, Portalfig, and Aerixx have PERISHED in the middle path; they can be revived by a surviving Medic, or by the remaining players reaching the checkpoint during Round 4.

---

As for the others? Aside from some minor frostbite, extreme chills, and limbs gone entirely numb, they reached the Dark Hunter Headquarters without incident.

Blade, Luroka, ShadowVezon, Unit, Ghidora, Tiragath, Ehks, TX Wade, Nevermore, Windrider, Jed, Dragonstar, Pumpress, and FF have SELECTED THE CORRECT PATH!

*On the middle path, you will only have to choose between two paths; however, on the correct path, you shall hold only a 50% chance of success.

END ROUND 1.

I’ll post the beginning for Round 2 tomorrow!

• Upvote 4

I take back what I said about killing the pyro, thanks for saving our skins.

This. 

(Why do I always choose the middle path, and then survive it.)

I'm a trailblazer.

*sigh* I saw that attempt to manipulate me into thinking that you are the pyro. Nice try, but I am not buying it. *walks out*

ROUND 2: BEGINS

Fishers, ToaK, ToaD, and Nik all staggered into an abandoned workshop, where various tools were scattered about.

“So what are our choices?” ToaK asked.

“Well, the way I see it, we have two,” Nik replied. “Either we use the tools in this workshop to build a Mask of Dimensional Travel, since all of the materials necessary are just… conveniently here for us, or we search deeper down.”

“Deeper down?” ToaD muttered, glancing down the dark steps leading into the basement level of the workshop. “Eh… well, it’s certainly where they might keep secret projects and the like, but… I dunno.”

“Maybe we’ll find a travel companion down there!” ToaK said, sounding excited.

“Don’t be silly,” Fishers snapped. “Anybody we meet will probably want to kill us. Think about the kind of story we’re in.”

“You mean the kind where the world has literally died and yet we mysteriously continue to run into various options where one will always end perfectly?” ToaK asked. “I mean, the universe is like seriously dead. That’s a big deal.”

“That’s why we don’t have long,” Nik replied. “What are we going to do?”

CHOICE A - Build a Mask of Dimensional Travel

CHOICE B - Search the lower levels

---

Back on Odina, the other survivors paused in the entrance hall, still shivering from the cold. Blade, Luroka, ShadowVezon, Ghidora, Unit, Jed, Windrider, Dragonstar, Pumpress, Ehks, Tiragath, FF, Nevermore, and TX Wade all took in the expansive hall.

“Huh,” Ghidora said, sounding surprised. “It’s empty!”

“Shut up!” Luroka snapped. “You might wake somebody up!”

“Or perhaps,” said a third voice, “you’ll alert them to your presence.”

A perfect prison construct formed around the entire group, as the notorious Piraka Avak stepped into view. He smirked at the trapped Matoran, tapping his chin thoughtfully.

“Isn’t this useful?” he commented. “I just so happen to have a few tasks that need to be done.”

“We’ll never give in!” Tiragath cried.

“...then you’ll be stuck in here until I kill you,” Avak said, shrugging. “Look, they’re pretty simple. The first is to find that stasis tube holding a Toa - her name is Varian. I feel like it’ll be useful to have her alongside me when I make my grand escape from the universe.”

“The second?” Blade asked.

“There’s another survivor in here, another Skakdi called Zaktan,” Avak answered. “I need him as well - you’ll need to bring him to me.”

“...and the third?” FF asked, sounding like he did not want to know the answer.

“...entertain me while the others are gone,” Avak said, after thinking about it for a moment. “If you… fail to do so… well, I assume that I shall be killing you.”

CHOICE B - Find the Piraka known as Zaktan

CHOICE C - Try to entertain Avak

MAKE YOUR CHOICES NOW!

ROLES, YOU MAY ACTIVATE YOUR ABILITIES!

YOU HAVE 48 HOURS.

Edited by Lucina