Botar. 

Niazesk.

Zyglak.

Jovan.

Kardas.

Kuma Nui. 

Waikiru.

That is all.

I think that literally is all of them. Almost. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

The Kahu actually isn't one of my favorites, simply because out of all the 2001 Rahi alternate models, it's the only one that lacks any actual functionality.

It had a function to open its jaw, from what I remember. Or is "actual functionality" refering to something different than what I'm thinking of. Sure, it may have been one of the weaker combiner models, but I agree that the wings were awesome.

Honestly, I never built any of the larger combo models of the later years simply because I would never get all the titan sets. The Fikou was an awesome design early on, and I remember seeing a few other cool Rahi combo models in the early years that were fairly neat and imaginative. I guess I also liked the combos of the 2004 and 2006 Matoran too.

:music:

The Kahu actually isn't one of my favorites, simply because out of all the 2001 Rahi alternate models, it's the only one that lacks any actual functionality.

It had a function to open its jaw, from what I remember. Or is "actual functionality" refering to something different than what I'm thinking of. Sure, it may have been one of the weaker combiner models, but I agree that the wings were awesome.

Honestly, I never built any of the larger combo models of the later years simply because I would never get all the titan sets. The Fikou was an awesome design early on, and I remember seeing a few other cool Rahi combo models in the early years that were fairly neat and imaginative. I guess I also liked the combos of the 2004 and 2006 Matoran too.

:music:

Ooh, I'd completely forgotten the jaw function (and I have no excuse, since the Kahu was literally over my head when I was typing that).

It's still a much less dramatic function than the Nui-Jaga's swinging tail, though.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm surprised I only saw the pitwar tortoise on here once! It was a great set, unusual build, a bit hard to decipher but looked awesome. Also I really like trinuma, which I have yet to see be named as well.

Kardas and botar I knew would be on the list, they're both pretty great, but the mctoran nui was awesome too. There were a lot of great and strange combo models... haha

Edit: The Toa Metru combo of Vakama, Onewa and Matua looked really cool as well!

Edited by Mask collector

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

For storyline importance, I think the original Toa Kaita were some of the best combiner models.  Without them, the Toa couldn't have beaten the Manas! :P The models themselves are limited by the small palette of Toa parts, but the colors of each Kaita work well together and so do the personalities of the Toa in each one!

I think the Nui-Kopen (Nui-Rama combiner) was another good combiner that worked as an adversary in the MNOLG.  The orange and green color scheme is striking at best, but the model is believable as a big Nui-Rama! :P

Thank Hapori Tohu we have instructions for it.

We do?? That thing is incredible!

Anyway, I never got any of the Rahi, so the only combiners from the early years I'm familiar with are Akamai and Wairuha. I think Kardas was probably the most impressive. The colors were still a little odd, but not nearly as bad as some others. And he's one of the few that has a mostly solid torso, without gaping holes. I love building big sets, though, so he gets some pretty big points for that.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Thank Hapori Tohu we have instructions for it.

We do? Can you post them?

Here.  I made these recently, based off of a Youtube video that showed how to build it.

As for my own favorite combiner, I'd probably say Wairuha for nostalgia reasons.  Many of the Bohrok Va combiners (Kaita, Infernavika, Pokawi) were pretty good, too.  I'd like to see what Zyglak looks like in person, but I don't own all the sets.  As for the titan-composed combiners I've built, none in particular stand out to me; I sometimes just enjoy going through the building process again for a new model, regardless of the final product.

I'm surprised I only saw the pitwar tortoise on here once! It was a great set, unusual build, a bit hard to decipher but looked awesome. Also I really like trinuma, which I have yet to see be named as well.

The thing I don't like about the Pit War Tortoise is that you have to disassemble Ehlek, with his fragile 2007 lime green sockets.  I broke a few of those pieces the one time I built that model, and it left a bad impression on me.

• Upvote 1

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

Okay, after looking through all (I think), the combiners G1 gave us, I have to say that the Zivon and Kardas are the most impressive, while the Lava hawk and Daggar spider (voyatoran combiners) are among the most creative and coherent, relatively to their small size.

Too bad I never got the chance to actually build any of them: the only combiner I could have seen on my shelf was Gaardus.

And I would never take my Stars apart to buid him.