Rarest BIONICLE item you own?

Bonkle

The rarest thing I own is the very last comic from 2010 featuring Mata Nui vs Makuta on the front, signed by Greg F, which I received through winning the Glatorian building contest. Aside from that, probably the trans green Skull Scorpio mask, the trans orange Mask of Fire, and an infected Hau Nuva, and the Toa Norik & Toa Iriuni combo set if that counts.

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

With regards to masks:

• Clear Mask of Fire
  • Trans-Yellow-Green Bull Skull Mask
  • Brutaka Gold Kraahkan
  • Orange Mask of Time G1
  • Metru Gold Lhikan Hau
  • Metru Gold Iruini Kualsi
  • Trans-Orange Mask of Fire

With regards to sets:

• Toa Lhikan & Kikanalo
  • Tower of Toa
  • Toa Iruini
  • BIONICLE Stars (I know they were readily available, but lots of people avoided them)
  • Hero Pack

I have a white mutated Olisi.  ;)

Oh yeah...  Me too. :P :P ^_^

Edited by Daler99
  • Upvote 1

~Daler

• Metru Gold Iruini Kualsi
  • Toa Iruini

And more things I didn't know were Rare. I have one Toa Iruini and my brother has one too.

Eh.  It might not be considered rare, but I consider Special Edition sets to be rare (in general).  My brother also has a Toa Iruini.

~Daler

My full set of 2001 misprint Kanohi is probably the rarest thing I have. I also own the Bionicle Nestle CD and the Kanoka disk 175 that was relatively rare, I think. Some may consider the chrome Hau rare as well, though it was available in stores.

My full set of 2001 misprint Kanohi is probably the rarest thing I have. I also own the Bionicle Nestle CD and the Kanoka disk 175 that was relatively rare, I think. Some may consider the chrome Hau rare as well, though it was available in stores.

Was the Power Pack sold in stores, or was the Chrome Hau available loose as well?

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Was the Power Pack sold in stores, or was the Chrome Hau available loose as well?

It only came in the Power Pack wich was available in stores.

Hail Denmark

Nowadays I just have 3 shadow kraata. One stage 1 and 2 stage 5's. Nothing else I own is really rare.

Back when I had my old collection though I had a WMKK, orange Vahi, transparent green Miru, stage 3 shadow kraata, VMKK Yo, and a few other things that I'm forgetting. I sold everything a long time ago and I almost wish I hadn't. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what counts as "rarest," but I have a few prototype pieces (unused colors for Tarix's and Strakk's helmets and the Skrall blade). In terms of officially released pieces/sets, I have a TNGM, Orange Vahi, about 6 gold Vahi, a Copper Huna, a Movie-Edition Kraakhan, and a Toa Mata Nui.

Oh, and I've got the 2003 Bionicle watch, and the box for it. No idea really how rare that is.

Edited by TuragaNuva

sigbanner.gif

So, do my signed copies of Bionicle Comic #1 and Ignition #1 signed by Carlos D'Anda and Stuart Sayger count? ... Or even my copy of Ignition #9 by Greg and Sayger? If so, those :P

If not, my WMKK w/ bag and card. It is love, it is life.​

Signed comics would definitely count. For that matter, I might as well throw my signed print of this picture into the ring. I think Vezok's Friend told me it's only one of twenty? It's currently out being framed, and I can't wait to see it once that's done.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Signed comics would definitely count. For that matter, I might as well throw my signed print of this picture into the ring. I think Vezok's Friend told me it's only one of twenty? It's currently out being framed, and I can't wait to see it once that's done.

That is an awesome picture, did you get it for attending the Lego Inside tour? Also am I right for assuming that it has been signed by Matt Betteker?

Hail Denmark

That is an awesome picture, did you get it for attending the Lego Inside tour? Also am I right for assuming that it has been signed by Matt Betteker?

No, this one wasn't from the inside tour! This I got from BrickFair VA—my friend Corvin (Vezok's Friend here on BZP) brought it with him from Billund for the Charity Auction, where I won it. I think he mentioned bringing around 20 and giving the rest to BZP, so who knows? Some more of them might find their way into the hands of users here in the future. :)

And yes, it is signed by Matt Betteker. That's part of why I decided it was worth getting framed.

No, this one wasn't from the inside tour! This I got from BrickFair VA—my friend Corvin (Vezok's Friend here on BZP) brought it with him from Billund for the Charity Auction, where I won it. I think he mentioned bringing around 20 and giving the rest to BZP, so who knows? Some more of them might find their way into the hands of users here in the future. :)

And yes, it is signed by Matt Betteker. That's part of why I decided it was worth getting framed.

Wow, that's awesome! I'm more than just a little jealous  :D

Hail Denmark

If we're going with rare signed posters now too...

As far as I know this is one of maybe ten? Three of us from BZP were given them at NYCC and I think a couple were given to the RUSBIONICLE guys too.

• Upvote 2

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

If we're going with rare signed posters now too...

As far as I know this is one of maybe ten? Three of us from BZP were given them at NYCC and I think a couple were given to the RUSBIONICLE guys too.

Dang it, can't go 24 hours without getting one-upped by Deevee. :P

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a weird Burger King thing from 03 where you look into the back of Lewa Nuvas head and turn the wheel on the side of it to see screenshots of characters from the Mask of Light movie 

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Do I still have my CMoV? I'm not sure. I know I do have an orange Vahi and a few TNGMs from fuss lying around. Not really "rare," exactly, but hey. : P

I was never really one to make a big deal out of the rarer Bionicle collectibles. I never did so well in contests, raffles, and the like, and so never accumulated anything truly memorable. And for some things, I'm certainly a completionist (Pokemon comes to mind), but I guess not for collecting Bionicle pieces, anyway.

I do have the Ultimate Dume exclusive mask and every Toa Mata Kanohi in either silver or gold, as far as masks, and I have the Takanuva Titan from 2008.

I wouldn't call Bionicle Stars "rare" at all. My local Toys R Us still had them well into 2013.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Prototype parts, probably, like my Dark Gray Metallic Kraahkan (which, for all I know, might be totally unique). Though my Trans. Blue Mask of Water is also a contender.

can we get pics of that?

For the record, the gunmetal Kraahkan isn't unique, but it is exceedingly rare. There are around seven of them, according to this handy resource. There are also photos of both of those pieces in that topic.

(That was not at all a shameless plug.)

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi