Rarest BIONICLE item you own?

Bonkle

Translucent Pearl Kakama which I'm pretty sure is the only one of its kind.

I got a few pictures of it, if anyone wants some more I can provide them.

VHxdJM.jpg

SmaBc3.jpg

Pretty sure all gold and silver Kakama (along with all the other gold and silver masks from the 2002 mask packs) are like this. It's a property of the colors they used, Yellow Flip/Flop and Silver Flip/Flop. Solid-colored when lit from in front, translucent when backlit. Great photos, though — I haven't seen a lot of photos that show off this ability quite this well.

• Upvote 3

I have possibly the rarest Bionicle thing ever: A DEFECTIVE SKULL SPIDER LEG.

That's right, I have a DEFECTIVE LEGO PIECE. Do you have any idea how rare this is? The quality control of Lego is so tight, I'm surprised anything bad gets through. I'm actually proud of this piece.

Do you have any pics of that piece?

I could get some. The weirdest thing is, it looks normal, the defective part is super slight, but it renders the piece completely useless (except for showing off, of course. :P ).

Unity, Duty, Destiny

-Toa Ouberry

-snip-

Pretty sure all gold and silver Kakama (along with all the other gold and silver masks from the 2002 mask packs) are like this. It's a property of the colors they used, Yellow Flip/Flop and Silver Flip/Flop. Solid-colored when lit from in front, translucent when backlit. Great photos, though — I haven't seen a lot of photos that show off this ability quite this well.

Ah well. It probably still is one of my rarest pieces. Thanks for the info!

Matoro died to save Mata Nui, Lhikan died to save Vakama, Sidorak died... Never mind.

-snip-

Ah well. It probably still is one of my rarest pieces. Thanks for the info!

The first picture you posted does make it look a little lighter in colour than it should be. There have been at least two translucent gold Kaukau misprints found, so this could be similar. If you ever come across another gold Kakama, compare it with yours - that'll tell us whether it's a misprint.

-Letagi

• 2 weeks later...

I have a trans. clear speckled gold mask of light, gold mask of time, and gold g1 head with trans. blue brain.

Other note worthy pieces/masks: Trans. gold Lewa mask, trans. gold Onua mask, trans. silver onua mask, gray hau, and Metru Nui's "gold guardian?" Mask and shield.

P.S. Does anyone know were the gold head might have come from?  I got it at a LEGO resale store.

I have all of the Masks from 2001, and most of the misprints, MANY Krana and Krana-Kal, quite a few Kraata, most of the Nuva Masks, many Kanoka Disks, no special Rhotuka spinners, many different Zamor and Midak spheres, and the most special parts of my collection are, the Golden Ignika (misplaced) Silver Ignika, Orange and the 'Gold' Vahi, every mask from G2 so far including the special ones (except the trans blue Gali Mask), the Mask of Creation, the Chrome Hau/Mask of Wisdom, the Special Sparkly Avohkii, and Movie Edition Kraahkan (2003) the Golden and Silver versions of the Mata Masks, both Copper Masks of Victory, and I think thats it.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

P.S. Does anyone know were the gold head might have come from?  I got it at a LEGO resale store.

Like a Toa Mata head, you mean? That's from Visorak Battle Ram (though in that set it didn't have an eyestalk).

Yes, I think that may be it.  It is the same color gold as the gold mask of time which came out the same year.  The blue brain must have just been put in by the previous owner.  Thank you, it really bothering me.