Nydoretha, Netherealm Empress (Flickr Contest Entry)

"Should you fall into one of her numerous traps, a fate far worse than death awaits you, young grasshopper..."

20045091849_0e2561db5f_c.jpg

Nydoretha, Netherealm Empress by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

"A savage, devious, relentless Queen of the World Below. Known for her cunning and unrivaled strategic prowess, she plans her attacks on the world of the living when they are least expected. If you somehow manage to miraculously escape her lethal grip, your days as a regular denizen of the world are numbered, as a powerful toxin slowly spreads through your body and enslaves it to her will; she sees through your eyes, and hears what you hear. And kills what you hold dearest, by your own hands."

A contest entry for the BZPower Flickr July Contest. The whole MOC started from the abdomen area (the two Tridax pod ribcages which are connected head-to-head, with an insect cocoon housed within them), which I should say I managed to do a good job on  :P

I wanted to limit the use of clashing colors on this MOC, but had to somehow balance the amounts of gunmetal and silver. Gunmetal comes into play in just the hands and the oddly-shaped rear (the Fire Lord helmet added some nice curvature to the rearmost point on the MOC, and so did the zamor sphere launcher parts). And Gold is restricted to the crown and the pelvis area (not sure it would still qualify as a pelvis though LOL!)

The rest of the pics I took can be found here
Enjoy, and do let me know what you think!

Edited by Mohamed Marei
  • Upvote 5

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

That is really cool. I love your clever parts usage. Was this intentionally inspired by Krika?

I actually think she has more in common with Nidhiki than Krika, but I was considering giving her a Crast at some point before I came up with the head idea. Thanks though!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...