Future villains in gen2

Petewa

Bohrok G2. Please. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I really hope they do a less generic theme next time. One thing I liked about the villains in the original bionicle is that they were alien and unidentifiable. The bohrok weren't skeletons, animals, pirates, vampires, or anything we know. They were bohrok and that's what I loved about them. "skeletons" or other monsters doesn't really work with the bionicle theme in my opinion. Designing the villains around a conventional theme just makes them more toy-ish and less original, which is one of the reasons I got into bionicle in the first place: they were different than any other toy out there. Don't get me wrong, I like the villain sets this summer, I just hope next year they're more bionicle styled.

Edited by hiddenderek

I'd choose something new. There's no need to stick to what's been done before.

This, with the single exception of properly done CCBS Bohrok, because they were the best villain sets. And of course we also eventually need (and I'd say are about guaranteed to get) a Makuta set; I'm not sure whether he counts as new or old in this case.

~B~

To be fair, G1 had themed villains, they were just more subtle about it or the themes were less generic or the theme was more story related than set related. The Piraka were outcasts, war criminals, the Barraki were all sea creatures (more apparent in the set versions) the Makuta in '08 were bats and insects. Maybe something along the lines of that, just something that would allow for variety in the sets, (I think this wave did well on the variety, but skeletons are a bit of a throw away imo)

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-