Bionicle 2016 Set Names Discovered

Question for the sake of clarity, while Amazon is a reliable source (mentioned in the policy as a quality needed for legitimate posting of material), where is the line between "released officially" (the other quality) and "released accidentally"? The news article uses the language "posted" without qualifiers (implying officialness) but also uses the language "overeager" (to my mind, implying an early release prior to intention, perhaps indicating an oversight in when products were scheduled to appear in the store). How does the BZP News Team & Staff draw the line between something released on an official basis and something released due to an oversight, accident, etc. while still being from a source considered reliable?

Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis. In this instance, while it certainly seemed rather early, the information seemed reliable enough and was posted as item listings versus something like an informal blog post that we've seen on other sites in the past.
  • Upvote 2

The Toa Nuva reverted to the toa Mata at the end of G1

What? Only Tahu Nuva reverted to Toa Mata.

All of them did, but Tahu was the only one shown like that

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

Where are you getting this? Tahu reverted to cash in on nostalgia  be compatible with the Golden Armor. As Tahu said in the comics, Mata Nui had no reason to revert him to the weaker form besides the Golden Armor.

• Upvote 6

Nope, only Tahu. Had to be a Mata to wear the Golden Armor, and there would be no reason to take away the power of the Toa Nuva. We also in fact saw the other Toa Nuva after the battle as Nuva in the serials.

I think the new sets sound neat, but I'm surprised how early they came out. I think people are throwing a weird fuss about the 6 small/6 Toa/1 Villain release 2016 is assumed to have because it's barely different than the first 6 years of G1 with the 6 Matoran/6 Toa release we always had, with the only actual difference being 2007 because there were only 4 Matoran-sized sets.

My only concern is that I still like the idea of larger BIONICLE sets but they biggest we seem to be getting are two-packs of a larger and smaller set. My question is what the equivalent to MM vs. SG would be if there is one. I'm currently theorizing next year is the year for the Mask of Control (like this year was creation, and to me with the concept of beasts and this year possibly being more animal themed makes the concept of control more likely), and so if a Makuta is in the works I'd be glad.

I'm still hoping we eventually see a purple and gold Makuta though. I have a bad feeling we'll only end up with a red and black one...

• Upvote 2

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Nope, only Tahu. Had to be a Mata to wear the Golden Armor, and there would be no reason to take away the power of the Toa Nuva. We also in fact saw the other Toa Nuva after the battle as Nuva in the serials.

I think the new sets sound neat, but I'm surprised how early they came out. I think people are throwing a weird fuss about the 6 small/6 Toa/1 Villain release 2016 is assumed to have because it's barely different than the first 6 years of G1 with the 6 Matoran/6 Toa release we always had, with the only actual difference being 2007 because there were only 4 Matoran-sized sets.

My only concern is that I still like the idea of larger BIONICLE sets but they biggest we seem to be getting are two-packs of a larger and smaller set. My question is what the equivalent to MM vs. SG would be if there is one. I'm currently theorizing next year is the year for the Mask of Control (like this year was creation, and to me with the concept of beasts and this year possibly being more animal themed makes the concept of control more likely), and so if a Makuta is in the works I'd be glad.

I'm still hoping we eventually see a purple and gold Makuta though. I have a bad feeling we'll only end up with a red and black one...

Yes, I want an Ekimu-sized Makuta with purple highlights and the Mask of Control.

Leaks should be banned no matter the source. It hurts Lego's sales.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Leaks are a constant thorn in Lego's side. Why is it never properly dealt with?

Lego asked Amazon and BZPower to remove the info. Respective parties did.

This is the proper way to deal with things.

As someone who's handled product campaigns on Amazon for global brands before, it can be difficult to never make a mistake. It's not inevitable, but when, as you've seen, products are pre-planned months (or even a year) in advance, the probability of human error is a real thing. And yeah, Makaru's right, the solution is pretty much to fix it ASAP. :)

I'm actually very impressed by BZP's relationship with Lego. Most brands can't imagine a world where fans actively respect their secrecy.

• Upvote 3

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

It also seems this dispels the rumors of ghost characters who can launch their faces from a while back.

Unless that's the summer wave. (Highly unlikely.) :P

Notice that the only two-pack we've had so far is Ekimu vs. Skull Grinder, and the Unity Pack is Kopaka and Melum. I like to think that this has at least some significance. 

Hmm, it looks like we're getting a wave very similar to the Winter 2015 wave (assuming Umarak is a villain), with a bit of a variation with the Kopaka and Melum set instead of their sets being separate.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Explain how us knowing those names will hurt their sales, because I really don't see how it would.

It's not us knowing the names. If anything, it increases sales because we have something to discuss. HYPE. 

It's competitors like Hasbro knowing the names. They know that Lego is planning to release Toa and creature sets in 2016. Now they can adjust their lineup to make their line seem more unique than Lego's "also-rans". They can tout their own creature line as being better - or if they were planning a creature line, they can abort it and put resources into something Lego isn't doing. Business information like that and product placement/marketing are HUGE businesses, and they feed off projections on what your competitors will do in any given business cycle. 

• Upvote 6

Explain how us knowing those names will hurt their sales, because I really don't see how it would.

Yeah, I agree with Terton on this one. BIONICLE 2015 sales where heavily influenced by the fandoms hype, thus the sets quickly sold out in the first week of the themes relaunch.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Everyone needs to stop being so paranoid about "leaks". It wasn't a leak. It was a mistake on Amazon's part. We did what any fan site would be expected to do. LEGO does not blame us and can't blame us. When information comes out about something, fans share it on fan sites. It's no big deal. Hasbro fans would do it. Star Wars fans would do it. Why would LEGO expect its fans not to share new info? Also how would we expect we would be asked to take it down? It didn't say confidential and wasn't from a shady source. Amazon is a credible source and a business partner with LEGO. Their mistake does not mean we made a mistake. Imagine if LEGO DIDN'T ask Amazon to take it down and it were perfectly fine for it to be published? Would you all have not wanted BZPower to cover that news? Stop complaining and being so paranoid about something that doesn't matter at this point. It's been taken care of. Nobody in BZP News is at fault. None of you are parts of LEGO's sales or research departments so stop pretending you know what is/isn't hurting the company's sales. It's just annoying.

• Upvote 4

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Leaks are a constant thorn in Lego's side. Why is it never properly dealt with?

Okay, what would you expect Lego to do to "deal with" this particular issue. The culprit, in this case, was an unnamed Amazon staff member who put the product listings up early. How does Lego get back at Amazon? They could demand that that employee be fired or disciplined, but not only would that be overkill, but it would be way overstepping their bounds in that client relationship. They could try to prevent it in the future (and get back at Amazon) by not giving them early access to set lists—again, this would be overkill, and would constitute Lego shooting themselves in the foot by sabotaging sales through one of their major retail partners. The best course of action is for Lego to respectfully ask Amazon (and other sites they have rapport with) to remove the listings, and what do you know? That's exactly what they did, and it worked flawlessly.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Where are you getting this? Tahu reverted to cash in on nostalgia  be compatible with the Golden Armor. As Tahu said in the comics, Mata Nui had no reason to revert him to the weaker form besides the Golden Armor.

I thought I saw it on the Bionicle Wiki. Guess I'm wrong though.

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI