Pbzp B - Biogio

BBBBalta

My first PBZP, for BioGio. He requested that the color scheme involve trans-orange and a more neutral color, and that the MOC itself should be "vaguely humanoid, but with a certain flare that could make it more like Nidhiki than like Lhikan." Sorry for the long wait, but here it is:

=====

b00.jpg

=====

=====

Thoughts?:t::b::3:

Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

• 2 weeks later...

wow this is very creative. I must say it is refreshing to see a moc that is small but detailed and the color scheme works out really well without making it awkward. i wish i was able to do something like this. i would give this a 9/10

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Sorry it took me so long to get around to reviewing this, so here's a part-by-part review:Head: The idea and execution here work very well; that's really all that there is to say on the matter of how cool the head looks.Torso: This is also pretty clever, although I'm not a big fan of how the white pieces jut out to the side, staying right next to the trans-orange pieces. There are some nice piece uses here, too, such as the "eye stalk" on the waist region. The wing attachment is also nice; I like that you decided to use wings in the first place, as well.Limbs: I really like the arms, particularly that you have the swords in place of arms and hands--clever. While I'm not a part of the swarms that insist on "custom" on MOC's, I find that the legs could be slightly more inventive in design, if only because the use of the simple legs contrasts from, and I feel detracts from, the rest of the creation, which is overall much more inventive. Also, the trans-orange pieces on the thighs are a different shade from the rest of the trans-orange, although that's a bit of a nit-pick.Overall: The color layering is a bit haphazard, with orange and white coexisting side-by-side, combined with white over orange and orange over white in various places. The insectoid theme is very nice--pretty much exactly what I had hoped for. So, briefly stated, it's only the legs and color scheme that could really use a bit of work; good job.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm not a part of the swarms that insist on "custom" on MOC's, I find that the legs could be slightly more inventive in design, if only because the use of the simple legs contrasts from, and I feel detracts from, the rest of the creation, which is overall much more inventive. Also, the trans-orange pieces on the thighs are a different shade from the rest of the trans-orange, although that's a bit of a nit-pick.

Yeah, I'd have liked to make custom legs, but unfortunately I'm running short on hollow ball joints, which are the bread and butter of custom limbs. Most of my MOCs are now allotted one set of custom limbs, and I'd already decided to make the arms have swords on them...

The color layering is a bit haphazard, with orange and white coexisting side-by-side, combined with white over orange and orange over white in various places.

Thanks for the input. I'm trying to get better at color layering, but I've still got a ways to go.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice. He's small but has a lot going on in there, and I like that. I think the color scheme really works. The trans-orange and white really blend together well, and they're well balanced. The only thing I don't like is the head. This may just be me, but I don't really like the nuva amour there. Other than that it's a fantastic MOC, 9/10.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg