• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Pbzp B - Biogio

PBZP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,712 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 26 2011 - 10:15 AM

My first PBZP, for BioGio. He requested that the color scheme involve trans-orange and a more neutral color, and that the MOC itself should be "vaguely humanoid, but with a certain flare that could make it more like Nidhiki than like Lhikan." Sorry for the long wait, but here it is:

=====

Posted Image

=====

Front

Back

Side

Head

=====

Thoughts?
:t::b::3:

Edited by Toa Balta #3, Nov 26 2011 - 10:18 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Offline L'Etranger

L'Etranger
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 3,265 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2011 - 01:00 PM

Ooo. That's cool. The use of nuva armor for the head would have been better inverted, but the rest of the moc made up for it. 9/10.

emCiGiR.jpg

#3 Online ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,365 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2011 - 08:32 PM

It looks good! I quite like the weapon/arm idea. Very nicely built!Also, I quite like your work, so I'll be sending you a PBZP request very shortly. :)Posted Image

Comics>>t1scomicbanner_by_t1shadow-d80jnae.jpgvultrazandcobanner_by_t1shadow-d80jn6b.j<<Comedy

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

#4 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,712 posts

Posted Dec 03 2011 - 03:15 PM

It looks good! I quite like the weapon/arm idea. Very nicely built!

Thanks. I've been wanting to do something like that for a while, but I couldn't figure out how to implement it.:t::b::3:

Posted Image

#5 Offline Voxumo: Master of Fikou

Voxumo: Master of Fikou
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,295 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2011 - 09:16 PM

wow this is very creative. I must say it is refreshing to see a moc that is small but detailed and the color scheme works out really well without making it awkward. i wish i was able to do something like this. i would give this a 9/10

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

"Nightmares cease to exist when you come to the realization that even they can be an escape from the horrors of reality."

#6 Offline BioGio

BioGio
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,207 posts

Posted Dec 17 2011 - 12:05 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get around to reviewing this, so here's a part-by-part review:Head: The idea and execution here work very well; that's really all that there is to say on the matter of how cool the head looks.Torso: This is also pretty clever, although I'm not a big fan of how the white pieces jut out to the side, staying right next to the trans-orange pieces. There are some nice piece uses here, too, such as the "eye stalk" on the waist region. The wing attachment is also nice; I like that you decided to use wings in the first place, as well.Limbs: I really like the arms, particularly that you have the swords in place of arms and hands--clever. While I'm not a part of the swarms that insist on "custom" on MOC's, I find that the legs could be slightly more inventive in design, if only because the use of the simple legs contrasts from, and I feel detracts from, the rest of the creation, which is overall much more inventive. Also, the trans-orange pieces on the thighs are a different shade from the rest of the trans-orange, although that's a bit of a nit-pick.Overall: The color layering is a bit haphazard, with orange and white coexisting side-by-side, combined with white over orange and orange over white in various places. The insectoid theme is very nice--pretty much exactly what I had hoped for. So, briefly stated, it's only the legs and color scheme that could really use a bit of work; good job.~ BioGio

dig

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

#7 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,712 posts

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 10:23 AM

While I'm not a part of the swarms that insist on "custom" on MOC's, I find that the legs could be slightly more inventive in design, if only because the use of the simple legs contrasts from, and I feel detracts from, the rest of the creation, which is overall much more inventive. Also, the trans-orange pieces on the thighs are a different shade from the rest of the trans-orange, although that's a bit of a nit-pick.

Yeah, I'd have liked to make custom legs, but unfortunately I'm running short on hollow ball joints, which are the bread and butter of custom limbs. Most of my MOCs are now allotted one set of custom limbs, and I'd already decided to make the arms have swords on them...

The color layering is a bit haphazard, with orange and white coexisting side-by-side, combined with white over orange and orange over white in various places.

Thanks for the input. I'm trying to get better at color layering, but I've still got a ways to go.:t::b::3:

Posted Image

#8 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,314 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 06:53 PM

It seems to give off a pretty warm feeling, and I do like the head. Does it have stability problems? It seems to me, like it has plenty of tiny pieces, and tiny pieces seem to always fall off...

#9 Offline Eragon3443

Eragon3443
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 373 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 05:49 PM

I like the use of trans red pcs. Maybe putting a trans red stud in the whole on the nuva armor would look like an eye...
Posted Image
Feel free to friend me!

#10 Offline Toa of Nerds

Toa of Nerds
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,488 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 06:23 PM

Very nice. He's small but has a lot going on in there, and I like that. I think the color scheme really works. The trans-orange and white really blend together well, and they're well balanced. The only thing I don't like is the head. This may just be me, but I don't really like the nuva amour there. Other than that it's a fantastic MOC, 9/10.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Kicking the Bucket (archived)

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)
Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!
Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users