Protector Gender?

A lot happens to the BIONICLE world when you take a break for a bit...the protectors have names, and now, for practically the first time ever, boys and girls are crossing tribal boundaries- apparently, Korgot the Earth Protector is a Woman! And Kivoda, the Water Protector, is a Man! The first time ever really that Bionicle has broken it's longstanding unwritten rule that blue people are girls, and no one else is, in a big way. Sure, there have been exceptions from time to time, but it's been the default for nearly all of Bionicle's original run. Honestly, given the simplified approach they seemed to be taking with B'15, this move surprised me.

What do you think the implications are of this move? Do you think we will see more womanly characters in unseen roles, such as fire-element heroes, or will we see more of what was done in the Glatorian Era- namely, just making more characters male?

What sort of characters would you hope to see now that the old rules are done away with?

• Upvote 2

Korgot alone hasn't generated excitement; it's the implication of the abolition of monogender elements. Along these lines, it's just a matter of time until we see females in all elements.

The overall gender ratio still isn't great, but it's better than how G1 ended up and spreading the females out as opposed to lumping them in a few elements is a phenomenal start.

• Upvote 6

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

While the current Protectors have seen to cross gender lines, this also allows you to pretend your Protectors are of any different era and are any gender.

• Upvote 4

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The restriction was there, but only YOU could remove it.

Only, you can prevent forest fires.

And, only you can change the canon.

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I want Tahu female, no matter the cost.

That would be awesome. Onua as a woman as well would be the perfect mother figure. 

so.... like a buff burly woman?

I would like Gali to be a man, just to see what that would look like (gender reversal)

pure_muscle.png

I would like Gali to be a man, just to see what that would look like (gender reversal)

...probably just like Gali, but male. I don't necessarily see any kind of big changes occurring.

Probably needs a mask redesign. That mask looks like a girl. 

I really don't see what you mean.

• Upvote 1

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

...probably just like Gali, but male. I don't necessarily see any kind of big changes occurring.

I really don't see what you mean.

The ridges on top look like hair, and the narrow chin is feminine. 

It doesnt bother me one bit because, well they arent matoran so gender restrictions really arent an issue

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I remember back when people complained that it looked like a man. 

• Upvote 4

bZpOwEr

I remember back when people complained that it looked like a man.

Ha ha, yea I still remember when that happened, boy where those fans blind. (Infact I think I was the one who orginally suggested that her mask kind of looked like her Nuva mask from the first film just reimagined.)

And than the same people who complained about that also complain about her voice in the animations now (though I'm sure many more people complain about that than how she looks)

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

I want Tahu female, no matter the cost.

That would be awesome. Onua as a woman as well would be the perfect mother figure. 

so.... like a buff burly woman?

I see Gen2 female Onua with her Turbo Shovelers uniting the team like this:

180px-Band_Geeks_067.png

• Upvote 1

It doesnt bother me one bit because, well they arent matoran so gender restrictions really arent an issue

I'm confused by this comment because it implies that gender diversity is okay for the new Protectors and villagers but would not be okay if they were Matoran. Frankly, the locked genders of G1 were a mistake back then (a well-meaning mistake, but still a mistake), and even if the new villagers WERE called Matoran the lack of gender-locked elements would still be fantastic news.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother