The Matoran's Guide to Building a TARDIS

Petewa

So, you're dumb enough to want to build your own device to travel through all of time and relative dimensions in space? *Tchnd* My apologies, we are experiencing...technical difficulties. Now where were we? Oh yes, time and space. If you wish to create such a device, for whatever reason, whether that be to create a world threatening paradox, or simply to see what the future holds a day in advance, or, better yet, to win the lottery, these are the instructions you'll need.

Now, the first thing you'll need to do, is gather the following Kanohi, and as I list these...ingredients...shall we say, I will also list the technical reasoning behind them. The first of the Kanohi, necessary for the creation of such a device, is, quite obviously, a vahi, seeing as it is the mask of time and all, now, whether you choose an orange vahi, or a golden one, is entirely up to you, and has no effect whatsoever on the functioning of the device.

The next Kanohi, that you will need, in order for this device to function, are the Mahiki and the Rau, great is preferable to noble, which is still preferable to those mutated by hordika venom, seeing as using such as an ingredient will cause great insufficiencies in the functioning of the device. The purpose of the Rau, is to, similarly to the device piloted by the Doctor on the popular British television show, Doctor Who, allow the crew to understand languages spoken by the inhabitants of the times and places to which they travel. The purpose of the Mahiki, however, is to act as a functioning chameleon circuit.

The next mask you'll need, is a Kiril, I know it's not regeneration in the same right that Timelords can regenerate, but...it's...important...don't judge me. Nevertheless, one of the last Kanohi you'll need is the transparent orange generation two Hau, you'll need something to protect yourself from the temporal waves, and it's either the Hau, or Kopaka's shield, and good luck getting that off of him, he never puts it down. Finally, the last Kanohi you'll need, is your own, but don't take it off your face just yet, that would be a terrible idea.

Once you have these masks, you'll need to steal one of the Toa Mata's Suvas, I know theft is illegal, but maybe you could try to make a trade, I don't know, they don't seem to care about their Suvas as much since they gained their adaptive armor. Now, the last ingredient you need is a toa canister.

Once you have all the necessary ingredients, it's time to put them all together, firstly, slap the Suva on top of the canister, and then, place the necessary six Kanohi onto the Suva, and and place on your face the Kanohi that appears in the center. Now that you've done everything, all that's left to do, is to hop inside. Sadly, it is rare these devices come with instruction manuals, so good luck, and try not to cause too much damage to the timeline.

------------------------------------------------------

Stare in wonder at my glorious text wall!

I'll fix that if it's too much of an eyesore, I really liked writing this, and I'd like to write more, I guess upvote if you want to see more, and PM me telling me to stop if you want to see less.

Edited by Petewa
  • Upvote 5

Nice job! :)

Some of my favorite lines were:

Finally, the last Kanohi you'll need, is your own, but don't take it off your face just yet, that would be a terrible idea.

Sadly, it is rare these devices come with instruction manuals, so good luck, and try not to cause too much damage to the timeline.

The storyline importance of the Toa canisters was always nice; this comedy does a nice job of involving them again.  It's funny to think about a Matoran jumping inside a Toa canister!

I can't remember any Bionicle comedies involving time travel, but with such a long story, there are probably a lot of funny things to be written about it!  I don't know what direction you were thinking of for this, but writing about the results of actual time travel would be great! :)

• Upvote 2

Nice job! :)

Some of my favorite lines were:

Finally, the last Kanohi you'll need, is your own, but don't take it off your face just yet, that would be a terrible idea.

Sadly, it is rare these devices come with instruction manuals, so good luck, and try not to cause too much damage to the timeline.

The storyline importance of the Toa canisters was always nice; this comedy does a nice job of involving them again.  It's funny to think about a Matoran jumping inside a Toa canister!

I can't remember any Bionicle comedies involving time travel, but with such a long story, there are probably a lot of funny things to be written about it!  I don't know what direction you were thinking of for this, but writing about the results of actual time travel would be great! :)

I was actually considering writing about a time traveling Matoran/Toa/Whatever, in the off chance that I didn't get too many PMs telling me to stop, which I haven't, so don't be surprised if in about, eight days, a comedy along those lines shows up.

• Upvote 1

I would have included an Olmak, for dimensional and spacial travel, but that's just me. :P

Anyways, good job here. :) Definitely got some giggles out of me.

Thanks, I was actually considering the olmak, but realized its rarity in-story would make it an impractical choice.

Wouldn't take Artakha long to forge a bunch more, though. :P

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I would have included an Olmak, for dimensional and spacial travel, but that's just me. :P

Anyways, good job here. :) Definitely got some giggles out of me.

Thanks, I was actually considering the olmak, but realized its rarity in-story would make it an impractical choice.

Wouldn't take Artakha long to forge a bunch more, though. :P
True, although a Suva doesn't have more than six spots.

The Olmak's rarity precludes it from being included, but the Vahi's rarity doesn't?

Otherwise, good story. Can't wait to see more. Perhaps a Doctor Who/Bionicle crossover?

Actually, I started one of those about two years ago along with fellow member Stan McStudz, but he dropped out of the project shortly after it began due to time constraints, and I never wrote more than the first one or two chapters. :shrugs:

It was why I suggested the Olmak, because our combination for the aforementioned crossover comedy featured the 3 Legendary Kanohi, and Olmak, and something else that I cannot recall at this time.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I actually made a joke about something along the lines of this at MakutaFest 2014. Did you just steal the Vahi-powered TARCIS?

What's Makuta fest?

What's the C stand for?

And no.

Makutafest is an annual event run by those backstabbing monsters at TTV.

Also, Happy Birthday.

Edited by AidanBionicle1
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png