Takua is Feeling Just Golden

emily

So I was watching the Making of feature on Mask of Light and I noticed this fellow sitting on a table:

screenshot_1.png

He's a 2003 Matoran prototype (he's even got Throwbot arms like Jaller here), he's got a Pakari, and looks pretty gold and white to me (could be blue and black though?)

So it's Takua, right? But why would there be a set of Takua as a gold and white Matoran? Something wacky like Special Edition In-the-Process-of-Transformation Takua? I don't know. Maybe you have an idea?

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 8

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Pretty weird find, lol.

Wasn't Takua an Av-Matoran? This is what they would look like without using their color-changing abilities. 

Edited by Sweet Muffin
  • Upvote 1

biscuits.jpg

That's a good question indeed. I remember in the LOMN extras they showed off a bunch of prototype sets, but the only one that seemed to be a recolor was a white Whenua Hordika, which easily could have been Nuju with a white Whenua helmet.

It would only require recolors of the feet/leg pieces and the hands, unless the changed the shade of the mask from the 2002 variant. I'd say it's either something they messed around with for fun or they might have had a promotional set with him.

That also brings up the interesting bit with them using throwbot arms, and I feel a little dumb that I never realized that was Jaller in that picture. Ironically, it was the arms that threw me off...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Could be brown and tan; it's hard to tell given the nature of the video. Definitely one of the gold masks from the mask packs, though.

The chances of it being Takua are increased given that it's a Pakari, so I'd be inclined to say that it is Takua as opposed to just another Pakari-wearing Matoran.

I'd imagine that this was never released because they had that "who's the seventh Toa" contest and they didn't want to give it away by set leaks or anything of that ilk.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Oh yeah, the whole Av-Matoran bit was lost on me since it was introduced so much later. But assuming Greg is reliable on how developed the plot was at that point, they would've had that decided on the story team. So some earlier iteration of the film could've had Takua discovering his true identity as a Matoran, and then transforming into the Toa of Light.

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I think it could be a couple of things...

1. An early promotional set for the release of Mask of Light, maybe a "Golden Takua" set that May have been planned to be bundled with the DVD.

2. A prototype for the original Matoran to turn into the Seventh Toa. I don't know if LEGO always planned to turn Takua into the Toa of Light, but I bet that early on, they didn't; hence the gold-and-white Matoran.

3. A LEGO designer, inspired by Takanuva and the movie, built Takua in that color, because why not?

• Upvote 1

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Well it could be brown to me. But a lot of prototypes are rarely the set colors of the figure

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I'd say it's a prototype of some sort. I don't think it'd be a personal creation, seeing as it'd cost some money to get those pieces in gold and produce them.

Not if you'd just paint them. That's what Lego designers often do for prototypes.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Either way, it's something that was far off from mass production. That's for sure.

I think it'd be just a "transformation" Takua, as he's about to transform into Takanuva. Cool find, mate. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

The feet look almost brown to me, because I've never seen a gold foot anywhere before. But it could very well be a recolor of the foot piece

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC