MNOG Local Server Saving

Nik the Three

When I played MNOG (2001), I ran into really strange problem with saving.

I have downloaded newest version from biomedia project, installed xampp and ran it. When I launch it using "http://localhost/matanui/Launcher.html" in a browser, it is able to save (I checked getstate.txt file and it differed). However on each start of game, I end up on beach with Maku wawing at me in distance. Interestingly enough, launching the game from "file:///C:/*****/matanui/Launcher.html" loads the state from localhost launches, but doesn't save progress. Do you have any idea what can cause this problem or how to solve it?

Edited by Nik the Three

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Is it necessary for you to play the Local Server Save version? The Built-in Save version wouldn't have this problem.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I first downloaded Built-in Save, but it showed just black screen. So I tried Local Server version. I have redownloaded Built-in Save and... It works now! I had some troubles with extracting archive. Antivirus said it is extremely dangerous Trojan, so I had to add it to quarantine and so.

I believe this topic can be locked.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic