Fan writings in G2

Millennium

I have a feeling that a G2 story contest would be a bad move to take by Lego. Chances are that most of the writers would write about either connections to G1 or characters with G1 names to be placed in G2. The fact that Lego wants to get away from both of those things would make a contest like this unlikely.

• Upvote 4

I have a feeling that a G2 story contest would be a bad move to take by Lego. Chances are that most of the writers would write about either connections to G1 or characters with G1 names to be placed in G2. The fact that Lego wants to get away from both of those things would make a contest like this unlikely.

They could just throw that in the contest rules upfront: 

Rules: 

1. No G1 connections. 

2. No G1 characters. 

3. No real life stuff. 

4. No humans. 

5. No donuts. 

6. No toaster ovens. 

7. No giant robots. 

8. No references to other Lego lines

9. No rescuing Lewa, especially not using Onua. 

10. No Vakama. 

11. No theoretical physics. 

12. No solving mysteries. 

13. No Toa of Other G1 Elements

14. No new names. 

15. No money.

16. No fun. 

• Upvote 2

They could just throw that in the contest rules upfront:

Rules:

1. No G1 connections.

2. No G1 characters.

3. No real life stuff.

4. No humans.

5. No donuts.

6. No toaster ovens.

7. No giant robots.

8. No references to other Lego lines

9. No rescuing Lewa, especially not using Onua.

10. No Vakama.

11. No theoretical physics.

12. No solving mysteries.

13. No Toa of Other G1 Elements

14. No new names.

15. No money.

16. No fun.

17. No whining about the above rules.
  • Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I doubt it. The very close connection between the fans and Greg, albeit cool and an interesting thing in general, is one of the things that really added to G1's complexity. 

While it would be neat to do some vignettes or side stories, I doubt they'd be official canon.

• Upvote 1

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Would I like to see writing contests in the future? Yes, I would. Not to get them canonized into the G2 story though. I would really like to see a writing contest where the winner could get an awesome prize, like an actual gold mask or something rare like that. That would give me a chance to win something cool from Lego. :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Would I like to see writing contests in the future? Yes, I would. Not to get them canonized into the G2 story though. I would really like to see a writing contest where the winner could get an awesome prize, like an actual gold mask or something rare like that. That would give me a chance to win something cool from Lego. :P

This friend speaks my mind. 

I'd also love to see some LEGO writing contests and while I really liked the fan participation in G1 because it allowed the fans to have a part in sculpting the story to their wants/needs, I felt that it was a case of "too many cooks spoiling the broth." 

WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???