Favorite Song Used in BIONICLE?

Bonkle

One of my favorite pieces is "The Legend" (name not definitive) by the new composer for the series, Rune Busch Klausen. I don't know why I like it, I just do. Perhaps I like it because it's not the same chords repeated over and over and over. I just... really like it.

In terms of music from G1, my favorite piece is an obscure one called "Resume," (name not definitive) a nice ambient piece by Hardcastle and Fuller. Many of you will probably know it's first note, as it appears every time the word "BIONICLE" appears in the 2001 Toa videos. It actually is part of a longer piece, which can be heard in the 2001 promotional video, "Resume" (also known as the Vakama trailer), hence the name. You can hear parts of it being covered up by other noise here.

Edited by jed1ndy
  • Upvote 1

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Really love the Metru Nui theme, as for commercials Crashed and Creeping in my soul are always in my music device. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

BIONICLE: Heroes had some really great music to it, I'm not sure if I could pick just one...

Probably not Hero Mode though. Not because it's bad, it's just because I've heard it sooooo often during the game :P 

Other than that though, Ride by Presence, cuz it's so awesome B-) 

Edited by unknown456

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

'Crashed' by Chris Daughtry. It gets me pumped every time I hear it.

I sometimes tear up when I hear that. Daughtry is a fabulous singer to being with, and the memories of watching the Toa Mahri animation in repeat all afternoon really get me in the feels. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

Gravity Hurts. The lyrics just work so well in describing the years events. 

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

The entire MNOG soundtrack. If I had to choose a favorite from that, I would have to say the Sanctum theme.

(Slightly off-topic but relevant) Every since my school's radio station switched formats from Hot AC to Last 20 Years, I've heard both "Gravity Hurts" and "Move Along" multiple times. Weird.

Edited by Toa Vanson
  • Upvote 2

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I have to say that MNOG had the best music out of all of Bionicle. Don't get me wrong, I love Gravity Hurts, Hero, Crashed, and Ride, but the MNOG soundtrack was just more iconic and beautiful to me.

My favorite theme of MNOG is and most likely always will be The Chronicler's Company. When I hear that, I immediately think of not just Bionicle and MNOG, but also what Bionicle represented as a whole and the memories I have with it. 

A close second has to be the Telescope Theme/Ambiance. It's really eerie and creepy, which is kind of how you feel when you begin with the story of Bionicle. You're on a tropical island with weird bio-mechanical beings and mystery literally everywhere you turn. Anything could be behind you, and you're all alone. Really cool.

I really hope that the new Bionicle can give us some really awesome music, or I'll be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I'll second the beach telescope/Red Star music from MNOG, so eerie and mysterious. I adore it so much, very possibly my favorite piece of music from BIONICLE.

The first three music had excellent music, too, especially Legends of Metru Nui. Web of Shadows is a very close second, some great atmospheric stuff that matches the Visorak-occupied Metru Nui insanely well. Especially that first scene when they're walking through the mists at the very beginning, before the Visorak ambush.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Either Gravity Hurts of Crashed. For video games, Avak's Dynamo.

I had completely forgotten about video games.

Now my favorite music in all of Bionicle is probably the Bionicle Heroes soundtrack. Say what you like about the gameplay, but I doubt anyone can argue that it didn't have a killer soundtrack. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

I have no strong feelings either way toward most of the instrumental/original soundtrack compositions for Bionicle, be it in the MNOG, the movies, whatever. I did dig "The Bionicle Music" from the Power Pack CD, though.

as for the songs they used in commercials and stuff.. AAR sucks, Daughtry sucks, and I can't even remember the name of the band that did those songs in 2005 and I don't remember them being very good either. Cryoshell's generic, but at least enjoyable, and I was always partial to the unedited/album version of "Bye Bye Babylon".

Bionicle Heroes had a pretty nice OST, but I can't really recall anything particularly memorable.

In terms of vocal tracks, Move Along, Closer to the Truth, and Bye Bye Babylon are among my favorites.

Edited by Toa Axis

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.- Toa Kopaka

I have no strong feelings either way toward most of the instrumental/original soundtrack compositions for Bionicle, be it in the MNOG, the movies, whatever. I did dig "The Bionicle Music" from the Power Pack CD, though.

as for the songs they used in commercials and stuff.. AAR sucks, Daughtry sucks, and I can't even remember the name of the band that did those songs in 2005 and I don't remember them being very good either. Cryoshell's generic, but at least enjoyable, and I was always partial to the unedited/album version of "Bye Bye Babylon".

All Insane Kids is pretty good.

Gravity Hurts. 

Hands down, one of my all time favourite songs. I still listen to it sometimes, even after all these years.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• 2 weeks later...

Gravity Hurts, Creeping in My Soul, and Crashed. Move Along was cool too.

I haven't really listened to anything from the MNOG because I didn't play it. Same goes for all the games, actually. Any recommended tracks from those?

Ya gotta hear "Battle in the Skies". It's the MNOG Ride of the Valkryies.

I second that  :pilot:

• Upvote 2

Probably what I call the "Metru Nui Theme." It plays in LoMN when Vakama and co. as Matoran hear Lhikan's message, right before being turned into Toa. It also plays during the Metru Nui Explorer. There's just something incredibly dignified about it. I feel like it sounds like a grand anthem to a city right before its fall.

Other favorites are the music on Ko-Koro in MNOG, anything from Cryoshell, and "Crashed."

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

This.

The instrumental guitar mixed with the other instruments just makes a perfect mix of old timey-esc tunes and loud band-ish music.

I do also enjoy Crashed by Daughtry.

But my all time favorite song used in BIONICLE is Move Along, because when I was young I went through a lot of hard stuff that frankly no young child should have gone through. That hearing the lines just made me keep going, and told me that "Hey, there more to life than what you have seen or experienced. Don't end it now" And that has held true my whole life thus far, and when someone tries to put me down, when life is being a real pain, I just have to think back to that song. This is why I liked 2006 soooo very much, and why I liked the saga of the to a Inika and Mahri so much. Plus when I saw the commercial with the song in it for the first time I was 8, so you could imagine my HYYYPE when seeing both the new Toa, AND hearing that song for the first time. It still give me child to this day (as in good chills, the sort of chills you get when you are so incredibly hyped that you could literally explode, combust even.)

(for some reason BZP won't show the third video.)

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png