Favorite NinjaGo Mech  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Kai's Fire Mech remains one of the bets valued cheaper Ninjago sets.  Jay's Mini Mech is also nice for a polybag, but too exclusive.  The Samurai X Mech also looks epic, but I never got it so I couldn't give a good opinion on it.

:music:

Uh, one question: Since Lloyd only ever had the Golden Mech, why is a green one listed at the bottom?

The green mech (which has not appeared in the story and probably never will) is included in LEGO Ninjago: Build Your Own Adventure.

Anyway, I'd probably also go with the Titan Mech as my favorite. It's just generally a fantastic design.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Uh, one question: Since Lloyd only ever had the Golden Mech, why is a green one listed at the bottom?

The green mech (which has not appeared in the story and probably never will) is included in LEGO Ninjago: Build Your Own Adventure.

Never seen that before. When was it announced? Because I usually make a point of knowing all the new sets coming out.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Never seen that before. When was it announced? Because I usually make a point of knowing all the new sets coming out.

I don't remember when we first discovered it, but it released just recently (alongside a similar Lego Friends book). Unlike the older BrickMaster books, it only contains the parts for one model—the rest of the book is just various inspirational models using a wide variety of parts.

• Upvote 1

The second they added advanced technology to Ninjago, I dropped it like a hot potato. Still, I picked Nya's Samurai Mech because it was still cool out of context.

I'm assuming you dropped Ninjago when it first started?

• Upvote 6

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

The second they added advanced technology to Ninjago, I dropped it like a hot potato. Still, I picked Nya's Samurai Mech because it was still cool out of context.

No- I dropped it when they thought that mechs and robots were a good idea for a ninja theme.

Yeah, look at all the Skulkin vehicles and ask yourself where the advanced technology WASN'T. :P Seriously, monster trucks, motorbikes, helicopters, you name it.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

No- I dropped it when they thought that mechs and robots were a good idea for a ninja theme.

Yeah, look at all the Skulkin vehicles and ask yourself where the advanced technology WASN'T. :P Seriously, monster trucks, motorbikes, helicopters, you name it.

There was even a Skulkin mech as one of the models in the original LEGO Ninjago Brickmaster book!

Story-wise, Jay came from a post-industrial city, and even Kai's tiny village was wired for telephone. And Nindroids were featured in one of the first "Spinjitzu Smash" online games from 2011. Development-wise, this was the first Ninjago concept drawing shown to focus testers, though the final 2011 product range took more direct inspiration from the fifth concept drawing.

Really, all the later years did was give the good guys access to some of the types of technology we already knew to exist, albeit with a magical/steampunk twist. I can see how that would have been a problem if the first year had promoted some kind of "technology is evil" message, but it never really did.

• Upvote 3

There was even a Skulkin mech as one of the models in the original LEGO Ninjago Brickmaster book!

Story-wise, Jay came from a post-industrial city, and even Kai's tiny village was wired for telephone. And Nindroids were featured in one of the first "Spinjitzu Smash" online games from 2011. Development-wise, this was the first Ninjago concept drawing shown to focus testers, though the final 2011 product range took more direct inspiration from the fifth concept drawing.

Really, all the later years did was give the good guys access to some of the types of technology we already knew to exist, albeit with a magical/steampunk twist. I can see how that would have been a problem if the first year had promoted some kind of "technology is evil" message, but it never really did.

I know, but my point is it was like "ooh, collect the magic weapons and fight the forces of darkness!" and they snuck around and everything. Then we got the snakes, and it was like FLY THE JET BLAST STUFF MECHS MECHS MECHS TECHNOBLADES

I know, but my point is it was like "ooh, collect the magic weapons and fight the forces of darkness!" and they snuck around and everything. Then we got the snakes, and it was like FLY THE JET BLAST STUFF MECHS MECHS MECHS TECHNOBLADES

You really seem to be ignoring a LOT of the series. The 2012 arc had plenty of ancient ruins, elemental powers, and so forth. The 2013 story was filled with magic weapons, forces of darkness, and stealth galore (yes, there were also vehicles, but they were hardly the main focus of the story arc). The "Rebooted" arc may have gone full cyberpunk for eight episodes, but this year's tournament arc was full of magic, stealth, and hand-to-hand combat, while the possession arc likewise featured all sorts of spooky magic, and even lampshaded how Kai DIDN'T get a new vehicle.

Considering all that, your complaint is reduced to the fact that there were vehicles at ALL–and again, that's been the case from the get-go.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I literally just got the Titan mech battle last night and I really love it. I meant to vote for mech-enstein but I clicked zane's Titan mech by accident. Both of them honestly rule though and are probably the best two mechs we've seen yet. Jays electro mech is really nice as well though, the folding sword/wings I've always really liked.

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

I literally just got the Titan mech battle last night and I really love it. I meant to vote for mech-enstein but I clicked zane's Titan mech by accident. Both of them honestly rule though and are probably the best two mechs we've seen yet. Jays electro mech is really nice as well though, the folding sword/wings I've always really liked.

How do you feel about Mechenstein's leg posability? Other reviews have complained that the number of positions the legs can be in are limited by the shape of the ankles and feet, and I found the same to be the case when building it on Lego Digital Designer.

How do you feel about Mechenstein's leg posability? Other reviews have complained that the number of positions the legs can be in are limited by the shape of the ankles and feet, and I found the same to be the case when building it on Lego Digital Designer.

Thats the only downside to the set.  The way the sets are designed, a single ball joint acts as the ankle.  Since the mechenstein is pretty top heavy, the back side of the ankle has a 2x3 wedge piece sticking out for extra support in the back.  You really can only pose its legs in a regular standing position.  Zane's mech is a little less top heavy, so the ankles don't need extra support, and therefore you get just a little bit more posability.  They both lack knees though, so they both can't really move their legs all that much.  If only they had knees, they'd both be perfect.  Other than that, I think they are the most impressive of the mechs.  They certainly look the best to me.  I do enjoy posing my sets and playing with them/taking pictures of them so I guess i should've thought harder before making my pick.  I guess I still like them the best, but I really love jay's electro mech as well.  

Honestly, my favorite set on the list is the mech dragon, but I felt like it doesn't belong on there since it's not a humanoid mech like every other set on the list.  

• Upvote 1

:y::m_o::l::m_o: