Wildlife of the Ancient City

Nescent

I've been waiting for this to happen. :3

This is I would pick a favorite creature but there are so many good ones.

Some are a little strange, and seem to be the product of I-don't-know-how-to-use-these-pieces; nevertheless, they all work together in the neat little story you have going.

The story was a really nice touch, and I enjoy the somewhat ambiguous ending.

The Undead Bison and the Plague Bats are highlights for me, although all of the builds were immensely creative. 

Great job!

• Upvote 2

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

Feels just like an old-school Rahi guide. Love it. A lot. 

That said, while having very different builds, the Mammoth and Califa end up looking pretty similar. Only a minor nitpick though. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Now that must have taken a long time! Creating those superb - in cosideration to being combiners thus being made with a limited amount of parts - MOCs, and writing this amazing short story/journal. I just love it, everything about this post.

I am not sure which one of the beasts I can pick as a favourite, there are just so many and so diverse...okay maybe the boulder mite is my fave, also I notice you made a reference to one of your older creations (which was in turn inspired from a beast from a book, idk it's just a nice thing).

I am, however, sure that folks at LEGO should hire you. For the combiners AND for the story.

• Upvote 3

This is sheer beauty. The wide range of sets you had to work with clearly reflected here. Great job again on all these Rahi, and I'm even more elated by this amazing story. You're as good a writer as you are a MOCer, which is seriously saying something!

"10/10" -IGN

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Thanks for the lovely comments, everyone.

the Mammoth and Califa end up looking pretty similar.

I hear that; they're kind of two versions of the same thing. I hoped their lore would help set them apart.

I notice you made a reference to one of your older creations (which was in turn inspired from a beast from a book, idk it's just a nice thing).

Yep, the Queasle was based on my Zalif MOC from a couple weeks ago. Admittedly I made that combiner when I was running out of ideas and needed one more for the Ancient City, figured the diamond-skeleton was an easy way to make it interesting.

Wow...I honestly think I'd like to see a couple of Teluli MOCs, as in, one of him normally, and one of him with the infection.

I thought about doing a drawing, maybe a MOC, but I'd rather leave Teluli's appearance up to the reader's imagination. An infected MOC would be hard since the skeletal bones only exist in that medium-length, which is too long for a child's arms and legs.

This is sheer beauty. The wide range of sets you had to work with clearly reflected here. Great job again on all these Rahi, and I'm even more elated by this amazing story. You're as good a writer as you are a MOCer, which is seriously saying something!

"10/10" -IGN

Thanks a lot! I don't consider writing to be my strong point, so I'm just happy I managed to give this a proper ending.

Thank you everyone who took the time to read the story!

IetTsFQ.png

If these were sets:

Sap Sucker

91 pieces

$15

Scavanger

52 pieces

$7.99

King Scavanger

65 pieces

$9.99

Skull Arachnid

43 pieces

$6.99 

Skull Shredder

101 pieces

$19.99

Stilted Swamp Crawler

90 pieces

$19.99

Boney Wasp

113 pieces

$19.99

Blossom Fox

42 pieces

$6.99

Bearded Califa

91 pieces

$19.99

Boney Crawler

53 pieces

$7.99

Yabbawak

38 pieces

$4.99

Kidjit

52 pieces

$7.99

Vulture

79 pieces

$14.99

Habbarak

78 pieces

$14.99

Skull Sprinter

40 pieces

$6.99

Skeletal Hound

41 pieces

$6.99

Mammoth

102 pieces

$19.99

Undead Bison

85 pieces

$14.99

Longneck

53 pieces

$7.99

Electric Gazzele

52 pieces

$7.99

Cave-Dweller

75 pieces

$14.99

Crystal Rex

74 pieces

$14.99

Fallen Hero

62 pieces

$9.99

Blazing Coyote

87 pieces

$19.99

Fire Stalker

46 pieces

$6.99

Boulder Mite

48 pieces

$6.99

Tazmiak

149 pieces

$24.99

Burrowing Spider

84 pieces

$14.99

Saruna

67 pieces

$9.99

Kalitar

90 pieces

$19.99

Golden Fox

42 pieces

$6.99

Lortch

85 pieces

$14.99

Queasle

50 pieces

$7.99

Plague Bats

165 pieces

$29.99

Forge Lord

142 pieces

$29.99

Goodness that took forever. I think I messed up on the prices and some of the piece counts, so feel free to correct me. Now if you'll excuse me, it's 5 A.M where I live, and I should go get some sleep.

Edited by ToaMarkSurge
  • Upvote 4

-snip-

Goodness that took forever. I think I messed up on the prices and some of the piece counts, so feel free to correct me. Now if you'll excuse me, it's 5 A.M where I live, and I should go get some sleep.

Hah! I remember you did that in my old Wildlife project. It's really cool to be able to see their piece counts like that.

These would really rack up the price of the 2015 waves. :P

Edited by Nescent
  • Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Some are a  hit or miss, but I can appreciate the effort you put into them along with the little documentation, I can also see how my Okoto Mountain Bat can be related to your Plague Bats =D Glad to see more life being inserted into the Island of Okoto's ecosystem. I also had an idea for an undead Rahi, but I haven't had time to work on in yet.

• Upvote 1

-snip-

Hah! I remember you did that in my old Wildlife project. It's really cool to be able to see their piece counts like that.

These would really rack up the price of the 2015 waves. :P

Yeah, that was one of my favorite posts I made on this site XD.

Yeah, they definitely would, but I'd buy all of 'em. Anyway, I'm going to recount the Forge Lord's pieces,  because I think I miscounted his pieces. Also, do you have any favorites from this "wave" of MOCs?

Edit: I recounted, and found that he's only 142 pieces, not 145.

Edited by ToaMarkSurge

Fabulous work. Not only is every model superb (ignoring some peculiar design choices, which I'm sure are due to parts constraints), but the story throughout this post is magnificent. Thanks for this, it's very inspiring.

Thanks Logan, glad you like it!

Some are a  hit or miss, but I can appreciate the effort you put into them along with the little documentation, I can also see how my Okoto Mountain Bat can be related to your Plague Bats =D Glad to see more life being inserted into the Island of Okoto's ecosystem. I also had an idea for an undead Rahi, but I haven't had time to work on in yet.

Oh I remember your bat MOC! I'm looking at it now, we had a pretty similar idea for bat-ears. It's cool that our stories work together too.

Also, do you have any favorites from this "wave" of MOCs?

My personal favorites are the Undead Bison, Forge Lord, and Kalitar. I had the most fun writing the Bearded Califa's lore; it took some inspiration from a documentary I watched about Bison in the Serengeti.

Too bad the Kalitar's photo didn't come out so well, it really doesn't do the combiner justice.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Fabulous work. Not only is every model superb (ignoring some peculiar design choices, which I'm sure are due to parts constraints), but the story throughout this post is magnificent. Thanks for this, it's very inspiring.

Thanks Logan, glad you like it!

Oh I remember your bat MOC! I'm looking at it now, we had a pretty similar idea for bat-ears. It's cool that our stories work together too.

Also, do you have any favorites from this "wave" of MOCs?

My personal favorites are the Undead Bison, Forge Lord, and Kalitar. I had the most fun writing the Bearded Califa's lore; it took some inspiration from a documentary I watched about Bison in the Serengeti.

Too bad the Kalitar's photo didn't come out so well, it really doesn't do the combiner justice.

I loved the Bison and the Hound. Simple, yet they pull off the undead look perfectly.

Whew! I'm glad to say that I just completely built the Kidjit!

The Kidjit is a very fun model. The torso is nice and stocky, the masks only help the detail, and I love the inventive building style! 10/10 overall.

I also just noticed that the Boulder Mite has the trans-green SDCC Bull Skull mask. :(

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Whew! I'm glad to say that I just completely built the Kidjit!

The Kidjit is a very fun model. The torso is nice and stocky, the masks only help the detail, and I love the inventive building style! 10/10 overall.

I also just noticed that the Boulder Mite has the trans-green SDCC Bull Skull mask. :(

Awesome!!

As for the Boulder Mite, I used the SDCC mask in the photo, but the instructions call for the regular mask. You don't need the exclusive one, just use whichever one you have.

• Upvote 3

IetTsFQ.png

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, fantastic creations and story! I loved the narration, and the creatures are amazing considering their part constraints.

Thanks a lot Akavakaku, glad you liked it!

I tried building the fire stalker and the armor piece on the back constantly falls to the side.

Ah yes, I remember having trouble securing that piece. I thought the chest armor held it in place, but if not then you'll just have to put some pressure on the Technic part that the axle runs through to apply some friction. I realize that a few of the combiners have poor designs in a spot or two; that's something I'd like to improve in future combiner projects.

IetTsFQ.png

• 1 month later...

I showed these images to my brother, (who isn't a fan of bionicle,) and even he thought these were very well-made. I love the story you put together for this Rahi guide, and I can only imagine the time and work you put into building these. I can't believe you also put up instructions as well. Thank you!

Now, all we have to do is make this canon.  B-)

• Upvote 2

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I showed these images to my brother, (who isn't a fan of bionicle,) and even he thought these were very well-made. I love the story you put together for this Rahi guide, and I can only imagine the time and work you put into building these. I can't believe you also put up instructions as well. Thank you!

Now, all we have to do is make this canon. B-)

I agree with the making-them-canon idea, too! These combos are awesome! I love you made them, for the fact that you mixed the summer sets with the winter ones. I love them!:D

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Teluli... Are you trying to be a copycat?

I did think of you when I posted this, hopefully you don't mind the similarity :P 

Now, all we have to do is make this canon.  B-)

Thank you for sharing them! I really couldn't care less if they're made canon though; I'd rather if LEGO made some original Rahi combiners. I'm hoping we'll see some official wildlife next year.

I agree with the making-them-canon idea, too! These combos are awesome! I love you made them, for the fact that you mixed the summer sets with the winter ones. I love them! :D

Glad you like them, Lenny! Expect more projects like this, if I can get my hands on next year's sets. :) 

IetTsFQ.png

i take it all back. someone hit up the story team, we're making these canon.

Agreed-this work is just as good as the old Rahi Beast guide, if not more so-the fact that it's accompanied by an awesome original story is even better.

Teluli... Are you trying to be a copycat?

I'm sure it's just a coincidence man-unless Teluli would have been called Tuuli before a certain language dispute forced him to have a Naming Day.

I love the fact that Teluli's a Jungle Chronicler-what with Takua looking like a Ta-Matoran, Kopeke the Ko-Matoran, Ga-Matoran Hahli and Water Agori Berix, and the dearly departed Po-Matoran Kodan, this would leave only the Onu/Earth coloration unrepresented.

The creations are pretty great-I think the Fallen Hero is most intriguing from the story point of view. I would honestly love to read more about the plague and the fate of Teluli.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Teluli's name was chosen arbitrarily. I just liked the way it sounded, and thought it was fitting for a Bionicle character.

I love the fact that Teluli's a Jungle Chronicler-what with Takua looking like a Ta-Matoran, Kopeke the Ko-Matoran, Ga-Matoran Hahli and Water Agori Berix, and the dearly departed Po-Matoran Kodan, this would leave only the Onu/Earth coloration unrepresented.

Teluli is supposed to be a wild, hardy character, which is why I went with Jungle - the Region of Jungle is described as being dangerous and swampy, perhaps the most hostile Region on Okoto. Seems like the type of place where a kid like Teluli would be at home. I hadn't considered that there hasn't been a Jungle Chronicler yet in Bionicle lore, I'll remember your comment if I write a similar character in the future. A Chronicler from the Region of Earth would be cool.

The creations are pretty great-I think the Fallen Hero is most intriguing from the story point of view. I would honestly love to read more about the plague and the fate of Teluli.

I was sure to leave the plague and Teluli's fate up to the reader, since I think I'd have risked getting too dark with it...Nothing dark about the Fallen Hero, though. I like to think there's a secluded tribe of the things living in the mountains, keeping to themselves.

Thanks for the comment, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

IetTsFQ.png

Congrats on the front page feature! I think I've said it before, but the scope of this project is really without compare. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with the Bearded Califa, but there are quite a few examples of strong building technique in here. As Bryan said above, some don't seem to hold up too well against their more inventive companions, but the storytelling, worldbuilding, and massive size of the project make up for it, and then some.

ELECTRIC GAZELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My favorite one. It m​akes me want to ripoff that idea for some fantasy story I'm writing. By far one of my favorite MOCs I have seen on this site since I barely use this site anyways.

A7zsKHp.jpg

The City of the Mask Makers has lain in ruins since the Great Cataclysm, when Ekimu ripped the Mask of Ultimate Power from his brother's face. After many generations of darkness, its infestation of skeletal Rahi will be uncovered.

t8jnsQF.jpg

Boulder Mites are small, swarming insect-like Rahi. They feed on flesh, and as such are common among the deceased.

They're not quite as much a nuisance as the Sap Suckers I ran into in the decaying jungle, but they're even more prolific. Boulder Mites glow in the dark, and it's always dark here, so these things light up every corner of the city. The Rahi are rather small, with the largest being slightly bigger than my fingertip. When I first entered the city, I found them kind of cute. They'd scurry up to me and sniff at my boot, lose interest, and wiggle off into the shadows. It wasn't until later that I realized they feed on the dead, when I discovered a swarm of the nasty creatures scouring the bones of deceased beast. Similar to the Sap Suckers, Boulder Mites have a straw-like appendage which they use for feeding and feeling.

I find these Rahi unsettling, and hope that they thin out further in the city.

Footnotes
Build with Skull Scorpio!
Building Instructions

mnGu2LI.jpg

Very large, and too powerful for their own good. Tazmiak are lively, fast, and oddly stone-like in appearance. Only a small number of these Rahi exist.

I've lost track of time. It's always dark here, totally shadowed by thick blue clouds. After studying the Boulder Mites, I found myself walking down an eerie cobblestone path in one of the city's suburbs. It was here that I found a Tazmiak - a massive, excitable Rahi, wandering on its own. The creature did attack me, but I don't think it intended to harm me - for some reason I can't explain, it seemed…playful. It acts like a playful little Oko Kani trapped in a powerful beast's body.

On the subject of its body, I noticed a very strange quality about the texture of its skin. The Tazmiak moves in mechanical motions, and its skin seems to be made of stone. Perhaps the entire Rahi is composed of stone, like a great walking statue.

I really don't know what to make of this beast. I simply urge any who encounter it to treat it nicely, even if it acts hostile, for it may simply be misunderstood.

Footnotes
Build with Skull Basher, Skull Warrior, Skull Slicer!
Building Instructions

TSOnXid.jpg

Burrowing Spiders are found in hovels in the ground all throughout the Ancient City. Their lairs resemble teardrop-pits, overflowing with cobwebs and withered cocoons. The giant spider is hostile, terrifying, and quick to strike.

If I wasn't so crafty, I'd have been hugged by a Skull Spider way back in the decaying jungle. The things are everywhere, and I've had run-ins with more than I can count. As the nesting place of the Lord of Skull Spiders, it's no surprise that the Ancient City is crawling with spiders. Even in great quantities, I can fend off measly Skull Spiders…but I'm no match for this monstrosity. Large, cleverly-disguised pits of cobwebs are hidden all throughout the city: Nests of the Burrowing Spiders. These particular spiders are absolutely massive - perhaps larger than the Lord of Skull Spiders itself, though I hope I don't have the opportunity to make that comparison.

Beside their size, they are reddish in color, with four legs (like the Skull Spiders), two frightening pincers, and a fat abdomen for swelling their miserable nests with webs.

Burrowing Spiders are vicious, plentiful, and they will be a pain to deal with when we finally move back into the city.

Footnotes
Build with Skull Grinder and Lord of Skull Spiders!
Building Instructions

2cmu0VD.jpg

The Saruna are a strange, small, and quiet Rahi. They seem friendly, and have extraordinary upper-body strength. They smash boulders casually, either for fun, for exercise, or to display their incredible power.

The more rural parts of the Ancient City are home to large rocks, patchy hills, and this strange creature I have named Saruna. They like the rocks - cozying up on them, tossing them around, smashing them to smithereens, or just being around them. I discovered them living peacefully in the rocky passage leading to the middle of the city, and it would seem that this is the only group in existence. I counted twenty-two living in this small community, ranging in size from my own height to the height of a tall Protector. They are short Rahi, but impressive all the same because of their insanely powerful arms. Saruna deliver a shattering blow with ease, and I wouldn't dare challenge them to a fight. They are formidable, and as such are left alone by the other Rahi in the city.

Warily, I stepped into their territory to test the boundaries of their hospitality. Maybe it's because I'm so small, but the Saruna were as friendly as a Blossom Fox, and respectfully greeted me when I approached them.

I quite like these Rahi, but do not let their approachable nature dispel your caution…they could crush you as easily as they can crush a boulder.

Footnotes
Build with Ekimu and Skull Basher!
Building Instructions

Personal Log
I'm making fast progress here in the city. I've explored the ruined suburbs near the entrance, and am making my way toward the Forge. Boulder Mites are an infestation in this part of the city as well, although their numbers may have thinned a bit.

Frightening winged Rahi lurk in the cloudy sky, reminding me of the Vultures. I fear they'll strike when my guard is down, but at least I'll have the opportunity to study them. So far they've kept their distance, at least.

Being in the Ancient City has been…cathartic. Even after being left to rot all these centuries, it is more alive than I ever could have imagined.

Every inch of this place is covered in mysterious history. I wish I had brought a library of books, or an entire team of historical chroniclers to study it all. Alas, I am a team of one.

olZegml.jpg

A duel-wielding, four-armed, four-legged, one-of-a-kind Rahi which stalks the ruins of the Ancient City, always thirsty for battle.

Most of the buildings have collapsed, or been damaged by the wildlife. I have been investigating whatever architecture is still standing, but all I've found is weathered artifacts and the occasional Boulder Mite…Until now. An impressive structure, one with several stories high and even space below the ground, was home to the Kalitar, a huge and powerful Rahi with four legs, four arms, and Okotoan armaments: Duel axes. Perhaps they were salvaged from the remains of the city, or crafted by the Kalitar itself. Either way, the Kalitar was armed, and desperate for battle.

I was chased from the building, reminding me yet again of my encounter with the Boney Wasp. And again, I was saved by my size - the Kalitar was too large to fit through the doorway! In a way, I pity the creature. It would seem that it is trapped, imprisoned within the building's maze of corridors and dungeons. I do wonder how it got there in the first place.

The Rahi remains largely a mystery; I didn't learn much from my brief and intense encounter. It has sharp horns and teeth, and it is a very fast runner. I can't imagine how anything could articulate so many limbs. I also can't say how many Kalitar exist, or how common they may be…but I know I'll be more cautious exploring buildings in the future.

Footnotes
Build with Skull Basher, Skull Grinder, and Protector of Earth!
Building Instructions

wfoga0u.jpg

I have discovered Ekimu's pet, the Golden Fox. The Rahi is roughly the size of an Oko-Kani, and with a similar attitude: Friendly, energetic, playful, and capable.

The legends of Ekimu are known all throughout Okoto - that he was the famed Mask Maker in the Ancient City, and the story of his jealous brother Makuta, and the Prophecy of Heroes…To those of us more informed in Mask Maker history, the story of his pet is a popular, albeit simple tale. Ekimu's pet, the Golden Fox, was a one-of-a-kind Rahi which was brought to life by the Mask of Creation, born out of pure light to assist Ekimu in his mask-making. I never dreamed that I would meet the Fox myself - or that it was even still around!

Ekimu's ancient, timeless pet approached me, cautiously, excitedly, and greeted me as enthusiastically as the Blossom Fox back in the mountain stretch. I was delighted to meet the fellow in person.

As for the Rahi's characteristics, it differs from a common Magma Fox mostly in appearance. As a creature of pure light, it casts a soft warm glow on its surroundings. It behaved similar to a Magma Fox - excitable, energetic, playful - but was more domesticated.

I was sad to see the Golden Fox leave, like a beacon of light swallowed by the fog…I wonder where the little guy is now.

Footnotes
Build with Ekimu and Mask Stand!
Building Instructions

WN3sr2C.jpg

Lortches have a similar disposition as the Vultures I found in the mountains. They are a cruel, provocative species which dig and claw at their opponents, and use their many hooks and thorns to pin their victims to the ground.

I discovered a gang of tall, evil-looking Rahi stalking the most decayed section of the city. Their hostility was obvious, if only because of their wretched appearance, so I kept my distance, and hid within the rubble to observe. Let me make it clear that Lortches are tall; some of them stood almost as high as a Longnek. Slender, curled stalks on their head and arms attribute a lot to their height, and small, fine claws stick out from their feet and disproportionately long arms. Their feet and hands are both significantly large, which makes them excellent climbers. Strangely, Lortches feed on Boulder Mites. I say this is strange because Boulder Mites are extremely small, and Lortches have all the tools to hunt much larger game. However, the gang which I observed spent all day sifting through the rubble with their long arms, and used their petite claws to pick Boulder Mites out of cracks and crevices.

There are certainly enough Boulder Mites to sustain these Rahi, but still, I won't give them an opportunity to attack me - they absolutely look like hostile and effective fighters.

Footnotes
Build with Skull Scorpio and Onua: Master of Earth!
Building Instructions

7zYF2Q5.jpg

Queasles are fairly large Rahi which can be found trekking the weathered streets of the Ancient City. Their most interesting quality is their diamond-shaped skeleton, a physical characteristic which I've never seen in any other Rahi.

Queasle crossing! The City of the Mask Maker's pathways have held up well enough, and are still in use today. Large, four-legged Rahi called Queasles are a common creature to find sluggishly trotting down the city's many pathways. I personally ran into several of these during my hike toward the Forge, and stopped to study a couple of them. They are an approachable species, and one of the only Rahi I've found which has no combative instincts. At first I wondered how they are able to exist without being hunted by the many hostile Rahi in the city, when I realized the reddish inflammation on the Queasle's tail releases an absolutely foul stench when it is threatened. That appears to be its only defensive ability, but it is an effective one.

The Rahi also has an extraordinarily bizarre skeletal structure, with its legs arranged in a diamond shape: One in the front, one in the back, and two at the sides. As such, it moves excruciatingly slowly.

Footnotes
Build with Skull Slicer and Protector of Water!
Building Instructions

dL0lUSP.jpg

Boney, hunched, and horribly aggressive, the Plague Bats are found crawling along the rooftops and sleeping in the ruins of the Ancient City. These diseased bats are responsible for spreading the plague throughout the city and its outskirts.

PVo0NuC.jpg

I'm afraid my journey is coming to an end…I don't have much energy left. Presently, I am sitting mid-way along the stairs leading to the Mask Maker's Forge, wounded, for I was attacked. The two flying Rahi, which had been tailing me for days, finally swooped down when I reached the bottom of the Forge. They were a pair of bats - Plague Bats, to be specific. The Rahi were horribly hostile, and dangerous, with elemental powers. One of them was a Plague Bat of Acid, and the other was a Plague Bat of Ice. What's more, these are the creatures responsible for carrying disease throughout the city and its outskirts - they are the reason that all these Rahi show such gruesome decay! I came prepared to defend myself against unfriendly Rahi, but these monsters got the best of me. I did scare them off, but only after a rather unfair fight.

I wish I could spill the details, but I have to finish what I started. Something stirs within the Forge ahead.

Footnotes
Build with Skull Warrior, Skull Slicer, and Skull Scorpio!
Building Instructions

ep9e3UJ.jpg

The demonic spawn of the Mask Maker's forge.

My journal is singed around the edges. I am covered in soot…Burning in the heart of the Ancient City, a great fiery Rahi has been nesting, and minutes ago, I faced it personally. I knew when I started this expedition that I'd be putting myself at great risk - but I never could have dreamed of the Forge Lord, a colossal, one-of-a-kind Fire Rahi. The beast wears an intimidating suit of armor, perhaps crafted by itself using the Mask Maker's tools. Its arms and legs sport large thorns, and thick flames seep from its neck. Immediately upon entering the Forge I was attacked by the thing, which towered ten times my height. As I always have, I used my height to my advantage, by running beneath the Forge Lord's body, crawling up its back (burning myself in the process), and blinding it.

Hoisting myself over its blazing shoulders, I directed the Forge Lord toward the edge, and banished it from the Forge.

Footnotes
Build with Skull Grinder, Skull Scorpio, and Tahu: Master of Fire!
Building Instructions

Personal Log
This will be my final entry. Currently, I am standing inside the decaying jungle among Scavengers and Sap Suckers…It's been two weeks since I faced the Forge Lord. In that time, I have made several revelations.

First - I have been infected with the plague. I'll be leaving my journal here to hopefully be found, but afterward, I'll be heading back into the Ancient City. I must have been infected during my encounter with the Plague Bats.

After defeating the Forge Lord, I stuck around in the Mask Maker's Forge to recuperate, and to study the inscriptions burned into the walls. They were vague, and I can't say with certainly who put them there, but they describe how the Forge Lord came to be, and that the plague was a side-effect of its birth. Plague Bats visited the Forge, and were the first to be infected…They then spread it throughout the Ancient City, and gradually, throughout its many outskirts.

I can't be sure what will happen now that the Forge Lord has been slain, but the Sap Suckers seem friendlier, and the Scavengers seem happier, so maybe - hopefully - the disease is dying down.

With thirty-five Rahi discovered, observed, and documented, and with my greatest efforts put forth in healing them, I consider this expedition concluded.

Signed:
Teluli, the Chronicler

Edited by Nescent
  • Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

• 4 weeks later...