I've been lazy in the past. Today, that continues. :P  But yeah, it kind of looks like a giant rooster. Or something. 

Front

Back

It Strikes!

The Guts

So this MOC was inspired by the 2001 Rahi. This style is new to me, so it's certainly not my best, but I had a lot of fun building it. I'll probably remake it at some point if I'm so inclined. Things I'd like to improve:

1. Create a happy medium between exposed and concealed Technic. Right now the front and back are each at unhappy extremes. :P

2. Improve the trigger for the striking function. While I like the function itself, the whole back acts as the trigger, which is kind of unsatisfying.

Comments, criticism appreciated, as always. Enjoy!

• Upvote 4

I really need a better signature.

How long did it take to get the function working right? Technic has always been a bit beyond me, so I find this sort of thing really impressive!

Thanks! It took about an hour or so to get the function working. I had a general idea of how it would work, so the bulk of the time was spent building up the body and the trigger. 

So this MOC was inspired by the 2001 Rahi.

Well the 2001-vibes are definitely strong in it. You've done a great job keeping a solid look to it while retaining that trigger function. Nice work!

Thank you!

I really need a better signature.

• 2 weeks later...