Google Videos Allowed?

Zarohum

UhDidn't Google Videos shut down their hosting service years ago?It was allowed, but now there's really nothing there to post. Try Vimeo, it's allowed and can be embedded with the [media] tags.(Even though Vimeo's no worse than #######, but since when did the rule make sense?)

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

No, it's died down quite a bit, but there's some things on it that the more popular google video site doesn't have. Such ashttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7006551445526480426#docid=8798246171200163865 and http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7006551445526480426Took me all night to track those down.

Edited by Zarohum

I think Tohkann linked to it once, but I'm not sure if its allowed.

Be wary - just because a member successfully links to a site does not necessarily mean it's allowed. Sometimes, links slip under our eyes. In this case, however, it is allowed.

UhDidn't Google Videos shut down their hosting service years ago?

Yes, in 2009. Videos uploaded continue to be hosted, but finding them is a pain. I'm not sure how you were able to do it, Zarohum. If you do happen to find a video hosted by Google, I am 99% sure you are still allowed to link to them. Google Video was BZP's video host of choice until 2009.

Try Vimeo, it's allowed and can be embedded with the [media] tags.(Even though Vimeo's no worse than [snip], but since when did the rule make sense?)

[snip] is just ugh, man. Vimeo is definitely, and I mean definitely, much more heavily moderated. Not to mention, it looks a whole lot friendlier. But anyway, it is true that there are Vimeo videos that are inappropriate, and comments that have light swears, and naturally, we are not allowed to mention them or link to them. The thing is, if you are uploading your own, harmless, LEGO-related video on there, then it is very difficult to get to anything rule-breaking from that page. There are no "related videos" or things of that sort. To help moderate the comments, if you do upload a video, we ask that you disable comments for it. You are not allowed to link to a video on the other site with comments disabled because it is so easy to jump from video to video there, often to completely unrelated things where comments are surely enabled.So, in short, Google Video is technically still allowed, but good luck finding a video hosted on there. Try Vimeo instead.Question answered, topic closed.