Bfa Plays

Bfahome

Nice to see a fully working video at last (and thanks for explaining to everyone watching why the previous episodes had issues, even if it was a reminder). I wonder how many more levels in this game there are left to go. Now that we're seeing Rahkshi boss fights, I'd imagine we're getting close to the end.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work on winning that race on the first try! :) (By the way, you forgot to show us Rocket Racer's car set, so you might want to remember that for the next episode.) Kinda interesting that you then decided to not only show us the test track, but also demonstrate some of the cheats. Personally, I prefer not to use any cheats, as I would much rather play a game the way it was intended to be played (along with the satisfaction of unlocking things after putting in the real effort). Anyway, good luck with the time trials.

As for ideas for future games, well you do still have the second half of Bionicle Heroes to go through. I don't know what other Lego games you have available to play, though I will say I would be interested in seeing you try the Lego Movie Videogame.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing how difficult that Bionicle game appears to be, I'm honestly starting to think that maybe it was for the best that I never managed to get a copy of that game (despite asking my parents for it at the time it came out). How much longer until that game if finished? Now that all six Toa have had their own level, I'm sure it can't be much longer now.

Also, back to Lego Racers, since the time trials have a different arrangement of power ups on each track, will you be showing us both the shortcuts and the main paths (even if that would make it impossible to beat the time on some of the tougher tracks)? I've found that on some certain tracks it's actually better to ignore the shortcuts (such as white bricks on the main path to allow an enhanced speed boost).

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...I think I remember having that problem with the codes but I never figured out why, thank you.  Me and my brother have beat the game as well, but I was wondering is there a point to the time trails or is it just for one's amusement?

A fun thing I did with my brother was we took turns playing one player at a single place in time trials.  We would play the place over and over until one of us made an unbeatable time.

As I've said earlier, I'm no fan of cheat codes, so I'm actually glad to hear that they apparently work only on single races where there's nothing to unlock.

Anyway, nice work on the first set of tracks. Pretty impressive that you got all of them right on the first try, except for Desert Adventure Dragway which required a second try (understandable, as I found that one to be the toughest of this first set of tracks). If you would like to know what kind of difficulty to expect with the other time trials, I personally found that, in the second set, the easiest was Tribal Island Trail and the toughest was Ice Planet Pathway, and in the third and final set, the easiest was Alien Rally Asteroid and the toughest was Pirate Skull Pass (which I recall took me over an hour to finally succeed).

Good luck with the rest of the time trials.

Oh I've done them all before. I played the heck out of this game and I remember the more difficult ones. But now it's a matter of how difficult they'll be to me now as opposed to then.

As for why you beat the time trials, car sets!

OpAXNpl.jpg

Oh I've done them all before. I played the heck out of this game and I remember the more difficult ones. But now it's a matter of how difficult they'll be to me now as opposed to then.

As for why you beat the time trials, car sets!

You can get more pieces for beating the time trials?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, those later levels appear to be really difficult. And now with the introduction of Takanuva, I have a feeling this game is nearing the end. Is there going to be only one level left to go in this game? If so, then I guess both this and Lego Racers will end up being concluded within the same month.

• 2 weeks later...

The struggle is real. I don't remember how difficult all the third circuit ones are, all I remember how notoriously brutal Ice Planet Pathway is. What a nightmare.

I'm simply unable to install it again on Windows 10 and that makes me sad.

signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

At least you got through the first two tracks relatively easily. As for Ice Planet Pathway, that certainly took me many tries but I did eventually manage to beat it. Based on how you were trying in this video, here's some advice I would offer.

First of all, don't get greedy with teleports (as I'd like to say). I often found it better to simply use every green brick I can pick up, regardless of how many white bricks I might have. For this track in particular, the only part where I tried the teleport was to first grab all three white bricks after the loop around, grab the green brick on that final turn before the start/finish line, then go a little further ahead and activate it just before grabbing the next green brick. That will allow you to avoid the portion that zigzags, which I often struggle with. Every other time you pick up a green brick, just use it, regardless of whether you have two, one, or no white bricks. It may be better to have a lot of short speed boosts rather than only one or two long ones for each lap.

And secondly, always take the shortcut. Veronica Voltage will always use it on every lap, so it's probably better to do the same. Also, the two white bricks you would find on the main course are on rough terrain, which slows you down, and slowing down at all is the last thing you want on a Time Trial.

Hope you have better luck in the next episode.

Edited by Chronicler06

• 2 weeks later...

Only eight levels and Bionicle: The Game is already over. Wow, that sure was a short game. (I guess I didn't really miss out on much by not getting this game myself.)

Anyway, nice that you mentioned you'll be going back to Bionicle Heroes next month. I'll certainly be looking forward to that.

(If you're wondering which levels to play first, keep in mind the order they were unlocked. Vezok was first, Avak and Thok after completing the first level, then Reidak after beating one Piraka boss, then Hakann after beating two Piraka bosses, and then finally Zaktan after beating three Piraka bosses.)

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad Chronicler06's advise helped you out in this race, however don't get used to it!  After you made me aware that I hadn't finished the game, I went and finished all the time trials.  The hardest one is the "Adventure Temple Trial", it requires a perfect race which means getting teleports, not hitting any walls, and not getting cout by the rocks or the skeleton.  It took me and my siblings all day to finish this one track!  Good luck my friend, the road ahead is not an easy one.

P.S. We used Gypsy Moth's chassis to finally beat this track.   Edited by Rakrondewl

Glad I was able to provide some helpful advice. Of course, that only worked for Ice Planet Pathway, so a different strategy may be needed for some of the other tracks.

Of the four final tracks, Alien Rally Asteroid is by far the easiest since Veronica Voltage never uses a shortcut that requires a red brick to access, such as the one on that track. The other three tracks however will take quite a few tries.

I personally found Pirate Skull Pass to be the toughest one of all. This is mostly because on the second half of the track there are three white bricks and one green brick, and on all three laps Veronica Voltage always grabs them all to teleport, so nothing short of a perfect run will allow you to beat that. Adventure Temple Trail is also tricky, but I do recall the strategy I used involved grabbing all the bricks needed for a teleport (even though two of them are way off to the side and thus force you to ignore the shortcut) and waiting until just before that zapping chest to hit the speed boost, allowing me to bypass that obstacle and the tight zigzagging portion, which helps to minimize the potential of bumping into walls.

You'll definitely need a chassis that can corner easily, and I seem to recall from an earlier episode that those that were among the latest unlocked (such as Johnny Thunder, Gypsy Moth, and possibly Rocket Racer too) are much better at cornering than the earlier ones. (I will admit that I did beat all of the Time Trails with just one car and driver (the pre-made option Turbo Charger), so I can say from experience that it is possible even with one of the worst chassis available. However, it still took me over a hundred tries on some of these later tracks, so I think you'll rather have less headaches and go for a better chassis.)

Oh, and if by some miracle you manage to complete these final time trials and unlock Veronica Voltage's car set, don't forget to show us that car set at the end of the episode.

Edited by Chronicler06

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see you finally return to Bionicle Heroes. (And unlike last time, there's actually a dedicated discussion topic where I can comment after each episode.)

Of the remaining three areas, Reidak would have been my first choice, so I'm glad to see you did just that. Also interesting that you decided to fully upgrade all of the Toa, so now they have full armor, the best weapon, and their special ability. Of the special abilities, we saw in this episode Hahli's drench, Nuparu's excavate, and Kongu's gust, so now that just leaves Jaller's torch, Matoro's freeze, and Hewkii's fragment left to see.

As for which of the remaining two areas to start on next, I personally would go with Hakann next, then save Zaktan for last, because that's the order they were actually unlocked. (Look back on episodes 10, 11, and 12 and you'll see what I mean.) I guess the reason they were unlocked in that order is because Zaktan is the leader of the Piraka, and that by default makes him the toughest one of all.

Edited by Chronicler06

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, you did remarkably well on these tracks. Two attempts on the first, three attempts on the second, and although you didn't quite beat the third track, you do have a good strategy in mind and managed to improve with every attempt.

I have a feeling that in the next episode, you'll beat the third track after only a few more attempts and the last one should be relatively easy. And of course, don't forget to show off the new car set once you've unlocked it.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely should remember to upgrade Matoro, because (if I remember correctly) you'll get an opportunity to demonstrate his special ability in the first Hakann level (which will obviously be the next episode). I don't recall when you'll get a chance to demonstrate Hewkii's special ability, but be sure to keep that in mind as well.

Also, you were wondering what would happen if you lost Nuparu's mask at an area where you would need him to advance. I will say from experience that, whenever you lose a particular mask, it'll automatically reappear at all of its spawn points throughout the entire map, even in spots where you had previously picked them up. In other words, you've actually got nothing to worry about in terms of being able to advance. (Here's some advice I'd like to give you on that subject: If you're low on health and there are no hearts to pick up, switch to a Toa whose mask you had picked up in that area. That way, if you do die, then you could just recollect that lost mask nearby and it'll be like nothing had happened.)

Edited by Chronicler06

• 2 weeks later...

And that wraps up a year of Racers.  I can finally stop making bad time-related jokes in the title, yay!

As the episode says, I'll be switching to BIONICLE Heroes only (meaning two episodes of it per a month) until I complete it or until I get another LEGO game to add in.

OpAXNpl.jpg

That final episode went by relatively quickly compared to the other time trial episodes, so it's nice to see you reach full completion of Lego Racers.

And yes, I had certainly noticed that by doing a new episode only once a month would mean that we would have to wait until June 2017 to see the final level of Bionicle Heroes (to say nothing of possible additional episodes to show you reaching 100% completion), so I guess filling both monthly slots with this one game should help finish it up a bit sooner.

As for what other games you could play, I believe I had already mentioned this some time ago, but I'll just say it again here as a reminder. I'm not sure what other Lego games you have available, but my personal choice for what you could try next would be the Lego Movie Videogame, mostly because it's (currently) the only Lego game that came out after Bionicle Heroes that I've actually played and am very familiar with. (I had purchased a bunch of other Lego games on Steam not too long ago, but I need to get a few things out of the way and taken care of before I can even bother trying any of them.) What do you think of this suggestion?

Edited by Chronicler06

(to say nothing of possible additional episodes to show you reaching 100% completion)

Haha, no.  That'd at least like double the series length.  And I don't really feel like running through the whole game again just to grab some clips of the previously-off-limits areas. :P

As for what other games you could play, I believe I had already mentioned this some time ago, but I'll just say it again here as a reminder. I'm not sure what other Lego games you have available, but my personal choice for what you could try next would be the Lego Movie Videogame, mostly because it's (currently) the only Lego game that came out after Bionicle Heroes that I've actually played and am very familiar with. (I had purchased a bunch of other Lego games on Steam not too long ago, but I need to get a few things out of the way and taken care of before I can even bother trying any of them.) What do you think of this suggestion?

Probably won't do that game, as it's one of the ones that was played for Twitch Tuesday and then uploaded to YouTube, so I feel like it'd be a bit redundant.

I do have a couple of LEGO Harry Potter games, though, so I might be able to do those if they play well enough.

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the technical issue, I was still able to understand what you were saying most of the time (though that may be because I watched the video on my desktop where I use headphones instead of speakers like my laptop). Nice that you brought up what I had earlier mentioned regarding what happens if you lose a mask. Also nice that you pointed out how pieces that fall far enough away are automatically added to your piece count and thus why you always walk away during constractions (I had learned that trick myself rather quickly back when I first played this game, but didn't think it was worth mentioning in this topic).

Back to what I most recently talked about, I honestly don't care all that much about redundancy. Personally, I'm always interested in seeing someone else trying to go through a game that I really like. Though if you'd rather not try the Lego Movie Videogame, then perhaps maybe you could instead try Lego Dimensions, if possible. It's really unfortunate that the version used on Twitch Tuesday can't advance past level 4 due to technical issues, so I'm honestly hoping that maybe you might have better luck if you were to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember this level having among it's gold canister collectables were the Mask of Life (before it ever appeared in the form we're all familiar with these days) and the winning design of the "Design a Mask" contest (I forget the name of who won, but his name does appear in the game's credits). Not much else I can say about this episode, though I'll be looking forward to watching the next one, as always.

Edited by Chronicler06

• 3 weeks later...

I think that in the cutscenes for the second level of each area, most of the Piraka were just acting up for the camera (and often ending in some kind of epic fail).

By the way, how long has it been since the last time you completely played through this game? It seemed like you were struggling to remember how to get past certain points throughout the level.

Years upon years.  I 100% it relatively soon after getting it, then didn't touch it until I started the first series a couple years ago.  So yeah, I have some memories of general level design but some of the specifics have been lost to me, which makes it fun to go back through again.

OpAXNpl.jpg