LEGO Ideas Imladris Hits 10k

This is probably the most over-the-top LEGO Ideas project to have achieved ten thousand votes of support. The Hobbit - Rivendell by fishingtwister is an amazing model of the Last Homely House from Peter Jackson's Hobbit movies, featuring ten different buildings and bridges to attach them as well as nineteen minifigures. According to the description, the mountain is not part of the model, which is a relief, because there's no way LEGO would ever make that into a set. Still though, it's one of the largest models to reach its goal in Ideas, and while I'd love to see it in person, I think the chances of us seeing it on store shelves are pretty low.

View the full article

Well until I read this little bit of information I was certainly curious as to how on earth Lego would get that to work.

... but on the other hand I wish that was a set, I would absolutely love to have the whole thing on my display desk.

Onua.png

This sig isn't 100% correct, because I talk way too much.

The Fans: This looks great! We want it as a set!

Lego: IT SHALL NOT PASS! 'slams staff into the ground'

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Joking aside, I agree that this is an impressive set. One of the best I've seen come from Lego Ideas IMO. But I would be very surprised if it got passed the review stage.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Hmm, I doubt this has much of a chance. The downsized version is impressive, but 2800 pieces is still a huge number. It doesn't offer too much obvious play value despite its huge size. And overall, I think this small set did a better job capturing the mood of the location than this MOC.

• Upvote 1

Well, its too big for Lego to do much with it, but I wouldn't mind them considering taking a portion of it and making select buildings a set, or turning everything to a micro-scale.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell