Chapter III Released!

Play Now

Walkthrough

Screenshots and the trailer:

640px-Beach.png

640px-Cave.png

614px-Tahu_Lavabarding.png

Follow Fanatic Studios® on Twitter for exclusive OOG updates! @Fanatic_Studios

Or check out our website for more of our projects: http://fanaticstudios.weebly.com

Download for offline play (no loading):

Mac:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/23utk52tb4dmaik/Okoto%20Online%20Game%20Chapter%20III%20Standalone%20Mac.zip?dl=0

PC: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbi0w0csw7e287w/Okoto%20Online%20Game%20Chapter%20III%20Standalone%20PC.zip?dl=0

Please note that any images depicting gameplay may not reflect the visuals or mechanics of the final game.
​Also note that Fanatic Studios® are not associated with or under employment by the LEGO® Group, and that the upcoming game is fan-made content.

Edited by bionicleFanatic
  • Upvote 10

cLT23Pz.png

@Flex Likes Groot: Thanks! That might be because the villager shown is Kaiitu, not the Protector of fire. He's just a simple villager, not an elder.

@The Skakdi Chronicler, Banana Gunz & Pohatu: Master of Stone: Thanks :) Just working on the Earth Region at the moment, after that's done I'll choose some Beta testers to give it a look over.

cLT23Pz.png

Please do [ :D] The more publicity, the better, and all that [:P]

Thanks for the ok!  :)

The video will be a few weeks because of my hectic holiday schedule, but I will begin work on it as soon as the new year hits!

The video is most likely going to be an episode of my ongoing series, the topic for which can be found here.

@Lemon-Fire: Yes, that was an intentional call-out. [ ;)]

@Shaymin36: Thanks [:)] And no, there is no release date yet, but I estimate the first chapter will be released around january, or later, depending on when the first Bionicle book comes out (I need to make sure the game's story can fit into cannon)

Okay. I can't wait to play it though! :)

The Master of Shaymins.

492-0.png

To be honest, neither do I. It seems interesting, and I am interested. I was originally not gonna bother with the new Bionicle, besides getting some transparent arm pieces, but looking at this...I see why so many are hyped up about the new Bionicle(Or as I sometimes call it, Bioni-Factory, since it is Bionicle, but with Hero Factory pieces), and now, so am I. Please, continue to work on this as soon as your able, unless you have other things to do...

Woah... I... Gosh, I have no idea how to express the feeling of joy I have, knowing that people, well, actually like my stuff... O_O [:P] [:)] Thanks very much to the people who've replied, you don't know how much it means to me [:)]

As for work updates, I've been away from the computer completely over Christmas, but I'm gonna get right back into working on th game tomorrow, so you can expect an update then ;)

• Upvote 1

cLT23Pz.png

As a fan of pixellated 2D side-scrollers (that's what this is, right?), this caught my eye quite nicely. The graphics are beautiful and unique and the game itself look interesting. I look forward to finally being able to play it. :) Good progress so far. Can't wait to see more!  :thumbsup: 

Edited by Toa Varova

mindeth the cobwebs

@Toa Varova: Thanks for the comment [ :)] Yes, it's gonna be 2D side-scroller, in a similar style to the original Metroid or Poptropica.

Sorry about not getting any progress updates up yesterday, I spent the whole time trying to figure out how to get a video texture to let alpha through in Blender T_T :???: Hopefully I've figured it out by now [:P]

Pre-Alpha testing positions are now available here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/pre-alpha-bionicle-okoto-online-game-testers-wanted.288725/

Only the first five users to post will be chosen, so be quick! [ ;)] [:P]

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

cLT23Pz.png

Signed up for the Pre-Alpha test. That was the only reason why i made an Unity3D account. :D

Edited by Elmerius

-Elmerius  

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Use the RIGHT MOUSE KEY to WHACK! and THE GREEN ARROWS to change what you want to WHACK!

chimoru2015spinnie.gifI've also got an YouTube channel!chimoru2015spinnie.gif

(the spinnies are made by Click)

Feels great to be one of the testers!

Edited by Elmerius

-Elmerius  

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Use the RIGHT MOUSE KEY to WHACK! and THE GREEN ARROWS to change what you want to WHACK!

chimoru2015spinnie.gifI've also got an YouTube channel!chimoru2015spinnie.gif

(the spinnies are made by Click)

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished filming the video to feature this game! It will be a part of my ongoing series, the topic for which can be found in this very forum.

Also, there is some story at the beginning to explain how this is the first episode I have done since I got back from winter break, so yeah. :D

Update (AKA fixed stuff):

Character speed

Camera follow limits (No more blind leaps)

Downwards look for the WASD controls

You won't lose your held item in the spider's nest in the Earth Region (because let's face it, you're gonna die a lot there)

Spider health and weapon damage are now raised by x10.

Green Skull Spider health has been reduced by two fifths, and their speed has also been decreased.

gallery_146756_1542_11742.png

The underground path to the Stone Region (admittedly I still sometimes call it Po-Koro accidentally [:P])

• Upvote 1

cLT23Pz.png

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 1 Release Date: Right Now.

Play Now

Yep, you heard right. I was originally going to wait until lego released the Bionicle books (so I could integrate/correct some of the storyline), but seeing as they're gonna be out about Dec (whaa?), I decided to go ahead and release the first chapter of Okoto Online Game. Chapters are gonna be released bi-monthly, so the next update will be at the end of Feb, then April, etc.

Enjoy [:)]

• Upvote 1

cLT23Pz.png