Okoto Online Game: Chapter III?

bionicleFanatic

I've bean playing chapter one of this game and it is SO MUCH FUN! But, I'm a little bit stuck, I can't find the earth tribe and I've bean looking for hours! If you could help me out that would be nice and i love the game, can't wait to see the rest of it!

Edited by 9ninjashfrs
  • Upvote 1

So I played a while in chapter 1 (Ta-Koto area), my only gripes are as follows...

The fact the Skull Spiders can knock you of ledges etc. when you're super high up and its a lot of work to get up there.

The fact that its kinda hard to tell where you're supposed to go at times, perhaps a quest or objective arrow or hint if you get lost for too long? Sometimes I just had to wing it and fling myself into the air to find ledges I didn't know about.

I got to the part where the ledges collapse and fall down, and I fell all the way down and said **** it and stopped playing, I might try again. Perhaps making it a tad... easier? idk

Edited by FleX-Man
  • Upvote 1

I've bean playing chapter one of this game and it is SO MUCH FUN! But, I'm a little bit stuck, I can't find the earth tribe and I've bean looking for hours! If you could help me out that would be nice and i love the game, can't wait to see the rest of it!!!!

The earth village is actually there, but you won't be able to access it until Chapter II is released. I'm just working on touching up the final stages of it [;)]

So I played a while in chapter 1 (Ta-Koto area), my only gripes are as follows...

The fact the Skull Spiders can knock you of ledges etc. when you're super high up and its a lot of work to get up there.

The fact that its kinda hard to tell where you're supposed to go at times, perhaps a quest or objective arrow or hint if you get lost for too long? Sometimes I just had to wing it and fling myself into the air to find ledges I didn't know about.

I got to the part where the ledges collapse and fall down, and I fell all the way down and said **** it and stopped playing, I might try again. Perhaps making it a tad... easier? idk

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take all this into consideration [;)] Maybe add cracks to the collapsing ledges, and more platforms so you know which way to go... 8)

• Upvote 1

cLT23Pz.png

I'm loving this so far, but I have a few qualms:

-It feels like it needs an inventory. I'd like to be able to interchange between the flame sword and elemental blaster.

-Where can I get the protodermis sheets? I assume they aren't in this version, it'd be nice to have a little note saying they aren't. It'd save much time.

-The platforming is rather difficult, and I found it difficult trying to tell if something was a path or something in the background. 

Overall, I love it, it's just a little bit too hard and finicky. I'm all for difficulty, but this isn't the good kind. I'm sure the updates will fix this and fix the platform issue (perhaps by slightly blurring the background to make it seem further away and out of focus?), and I have faith in this project.

guise, i'm rally sorry, but I just cant find enuf time to do this gaim so im puling the plug :(

...Just pullin' your leg [:P] I've finished the Legend of the Mask Makers cutscene (FINALLY! [:P]), and I'm wrapping up the final loose ends before a release probably somewhere around Feb. 30th [;)] Also, I got my first Bionicle 2015 set today, so I'm extra-excited/inspired [:P]

cLT23Pz.png

OK, there's something wrong with Unity on my laptop, so I only get to play it very rarely on the computer, but it's a great game! The jumping mechanic is a little... weird (I hump ye, skull spider!) but the only thing I REALLY have qualms with is where the platforms are. It's good for the most part, but some platforms aren't very defined.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I noticed that the controls tend to get stuck a lot ( at least of me ) and it makes it very difficult to play chapter II, any suggestions?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

How do you mean? Is it something to do with your keyboard? [ :)]

No, Its just that when I started chapter II for the first time the controls got jammed.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

It will automatically save your level, item, current villager, and any world events you've accessed. If you clear the " %APPDATA%\Unity\WebPlayerPrefs" folder, ("~/Library/Preferences/Unity/WebPlayerPrefs" on mac), then the save will be erased. You can also do this by clicking "Restart" on the game's title screen. 

cLT23Pz.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was about three days from completing Chapter III. Then my MacBook pro went AWOL. Again. And this time it isn't coming back from the dead. I can get the OOG files from it, but I'm now sharing a crummy Mac with my bro. So I need a new computer. And for that I need to work.

So, what I'm saying is, unless anyone wants to fund/donate or whatever, I'm gonna have to put OOG on the sideline and get an actual paying job until I can get a proper computer. So, yeah. If you want to see the project continue, leave a comment here and I'll PM you or something. In the meantime, don't get your hopes up for OOG coming back soon, because good computers are expensive these days...

Sorry 'bout this, but it's outta my hands... :\

cLT23Pz.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Toodles, y'all,

Most of you probably know about Okoto Online Game. For those of you who don't, you can play it here, for free and download-less. http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15992-okoto-online-game-chapter-ii-released/

Yesterday I checked the list of playthroughs it's had, just for old time's sake. And I realised that OOG is pushing the 1000 mark. This is a pretty big milestone, especially since I stopped marketing the game back around April. Special thanks to the people who've continued to play it since then, on here and the Eurobrick forums.

Anyway, I'd like to do something for the fans, like I did at the other milestones. But 1000 plays is big, and it deserves a gesture of similar magnitude. So what I propose is this: Chapter III was ready to be released when my computer packed in. If 100 people vote for this to go through, I'm going to tweak and brush up the third chapter before releasing it onto the internet.

This will take a fair bit of time, time which I could be using to do actual work (which I get paid for), so that's why I'm using the voting system to see if enough people are interested. But yeah. 100 votes, and a whole new chapter of OOG to play through.

It's in your hands, guys [;)]

Click here to vote: http://fanaticstudios.weebly.com

cLT23Pz.png