LEGO Bionicle Episode 13 "Fallen Heroes" Premieres on Facebook

The LEGO Bionicle Facebook page has released Episode 13 of the Bionicle web series. Trapped underground, the Toa reflect on what brought them this far. I know some fans might be frustrated that a web series as short as this is already indulging in a "clip show" episode, but it's interesting to hear how the Toa feel about their journey so far. Hopefully it won't be long until this episode is added to Bionicle.com and YouTube. In the meantime, follow the link above to watch the webisode!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

I like the episode. It was good. It's interesting that we get a recap of the events that the Toa experienced.:) It's also interesting to see that Makuta is somehow back as he got the Mask of Control back and controls the Skull Spiders, and perhaps others. He could be the one responsible for the Skull Creature attacks.

Anyway, I like the quote, "What are you, the Master of Air?" It's funny and sounds classic because it is a G1 reference. That's a good one!:D

I'm glad that the Toa are still alive. Plus, Onua is one of my favorite Toa. He's awesome! He is such a hero who can "break anything".:P

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Huh. When pohatu mentions makuta, we see him wearing the mask of control. I thought it was lost with the others, but i guess not.

Or it's just easier to get the impression across that it's Makuta's silhouette if he's wearing his mask.

Not sure how I feel about us getting a clip show when all the episodes together are about the length of a single episode of a usual-length show. I don't think there's much chance of people forgetting the details, and the pacing is already muddled from the length and amount of episodes...

• Upvote 2

Pohatu:master of... being stuck behind stones apparently? can he only control stone while his hands are free? or  is this heavier/denser rock "earth"?

This episode is the first time ANY of the Toa have channeled their elemental powers directly through their hands instead of their weapons, and I'm sure having your hands free makes that easier.

Something that struck me about this episode is that the narrator did a very good job here. It was very easy to tell the characters' voices apart. The musical score wasn't bad either.

Edited by Aanchir

The episode has already been put on Youtube. B-)

Anyways, I did like the Gen 1 reference with Lewa being called 'The Master of Air.' Plus, Onua used his powers of destruction to do something good for the Toa for a change. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Pohatu:master of... being stuck behind stones apparently? can he only control stone while his hands are free? or  is this heavier/denser rock "earth"?

This episode is the first time ANY of the Toa have channeled their elemental powers directly through their hands instead of their weapons, and I'm sure having your hands free makes that easier.

Uh, Lewa during ep. 11? Didn't he use his hand to move the plants?

Also:

JufybJg.png

Makuta looks different.

That neck and shoulders...

That definitely isn't his protector form, implying that isn't just some random silhouette they made for him.

Also...

dNgEoIn.png

"This is ridiculous. I didn't sign up for this."

• Upvote 4

SH0Gxlo.png

Uh, Lewa during ep. 11? Didn't he use his hand to move the plants?

Ooh, good catch. I'd forgotten about that instance as it wasn't as dramatic or intense a moment as many of the other elemental power uses we've seen so far.

People are loving that reference that Kopaka made. It might even become a meme soon, though I don't quite see that happening myself, but we'll see. Anyway, I actually didn't mind the retrospect. It gave the Toa time out of conflict and showed them recalling what they've gone through, with a bit of emotion added. I like that. 

It is strange how Pohatu knows of the Skull Spiders being under Makuta's control. However...

It was somewhat implied in Island of the Lost Masks.

Edited by Rooster Nui

I love how Pohatu is the only one who actually acknowledges how utterly stupid the whole situation is. It's like he's the only one of the toa with any ounce of common sense.

• Upvote 3

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

I know some fans might be frustrated that a web series as short as this is already indulging in a "clip show" episode

Well, you're not wrong.

Having the plot stop for a sec did allow for some more dialogue, I guess...even if most of it didn't mean much character-wise. Oh well.

AXKP5KC.png

Not sure how I feel about us getting a clip show when all the episodes together are about the length of a single episode of a usual-length show. I don't think there's much chance of people forgetting the details, and the pacing is already muddled from the length and amount of episodes...

I'm okay with it because I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done it unless it was necessary. We know they were working on a tight schedule, no doubt they had to cut corners wherever they could to even get these done at all.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Jesus, if there wasn't enough pathetically cheap and minimalist "animation," re-used footage, and an extreme lack of content making anything like this inexcusable, they do a @#$%&@# clip show episode. How cheap and lazy can you get, LEGO?

Besides that, it was ok I guess. I like the G1 reference. I think these summer episodes are better that the winter ones with their focus on all six Toa and more overall incident and references, and I like these Bionicle animations a lot more than the Hero Factory episodes from the last few years (don't feel as pandering to babies, a little cleverer, more dynamic/theatrical visually, etc).

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

• 1 month later...

Well, I don't mind a good clip-show. Execution-wise, this was really well done. Hit all the right notes, had all the right jokes and was suitably epic. Only problem is... this is a 90 second episode in a show that already relies heavily on "previously" segments. It felt like a waste of time, especially after seeing today's finale. Very disappointed with this detour, but I guess that pic of Makuta softens the blow a bit.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg