Credit for the banner goes to Toa Onaku, who helped out overworked me.
You are allowed three kinds of characters:
Heroes – Heroes are the force of good in Makuhero city and across the galaxy. They have powers and weapons, and can get to any planet they wish via Hero Pod or Dropship.
Name: [Hero name here]
Powers and Abilities: Please stick to one/two main powers and one/two minor abilities. Keep it simple. For example, your character might be able to fly and shoot fire from his hands (main powers) and was specially designed for speed and endurance (minor abilities).
Weapon(s): The weapon or weapons of choice for your Hero. Please be reasonable. A bunch of small throwing knives or dual swords is good. Two machine guns or warhammers is bad – stick to one per character, please.
Appearance: A MoC, picture, or a written description will do.
Bio: Who is your character? What is their personal history and background? What are they like to be around? Do they have any hobbies or interests outside of crime fighting?
NOTE: All hero characters, unless specifically noted IC, have a feed from their optical sensors to Mission Control. This allows Zib to provide guidance and direction to Hero Characters, track their locations, and contact Zib and Mission Control for help.
Characters can scramble these signals IC if they wish Mission Control not be apprised of a certain event, or if they want to go rogue or off the grid.
Villains and Monsters – Wanted criminals for everything from theft to violence to just plain being a threat. Villains have powers and weapons – how mobile they are is up them and their wiles.
Name: [Villain name here]
Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: The powers, abilities, and weapons that your villain employs. Your villain may have many weapons but no powers, or many powers but no weapons, or a mix of both. Please specify what powers your villain has and what weapons they have to start, if any.
Appearance: A MoC, picture, or a written description will do.
Bio: Who is your character? What is their personal history and background? What are they like to be around? Do they have any hobbies or interests outside of crime and nefarious schemes? Why does your villain dislike Hero Factory and/or he or she in the business of villainy?
Location: Where is your villain when the story starts?
Civilians – Civilians have no powers, but sometimes they have the best weapon of all – information. Mission control has access to Hero Factory’s extensive database, call center operators are the front lines on knowing what’s up, and the media has the power to influence thousands. But that’s not all you can be. Civilians are limited to one per player – we want to focus on the Heroes – but I’m opening it up to add interactions and flavor to the world(s).
Name: [Name of Civilian here]
Job/Location: Where is your civilian? What is their job? If you’re a call center operator, you live in Makuhero city, if you’re a prison guard, you may be on another asteroid.
Bio: History and personality of your civilian.
No GModding the information powers. You do not get to magically know everything if you are in Mission Control. A good yardstick: If it’s in one of the TV shows or the books previous to the mission, HF probably has it in the database.
You are allowed to bring in characters from previous versions of this RPG if you like, but their interactions will not carry over. Alluding to them in your character bio is allowed.
You may create as many hero or villain characters as you like. Please do not post like ten characters in one post when there are only like 5 characters created by everyone else in sum total. That’s just absurd.
ALL CHARACTER PROFILES MUST BE APPROVED BY ME BEFORE POSTING IC. I WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DO THIS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. IF YOU FEEL THAT I MIGHT HAVE MISSED ONE, PLEASE REPOST OR PM ME.
Canon characters are NPCs in this game. You are allowed to play as them to support your actions. However:
1. If a canon character is an integral part of a mission (their names are in the mission briefing at the top) they are under the control of the GM for the duration of the mission. You cannot play as them in this case.
2. All players, including the GM, may play as said NPC. Their actions cannot cancel each other in an unrealistic way. In the event of a conflict, the first player’s post will stand unless I indicate otherwise.
3.All NPC interactions must be in character for that NPC. Having Stormer suddenly start break dancing is not allowed. Surge, on the other hand…
4.Be realistic in all NPC interactions.
5.You are required to have at least one original character to join this RPG. You can’t randomly walk in here and start controlling NPCs.
6.No non-canon NPCs are permitted. If you want a new character, post a new profile for them. (general guideline)
GM CHARACTER KEY:
Locked NPCs: These characters' headers will be posted in red. These are canon characters only I can post as for the duration of the mission - standard players cannot post as these. If you need a response from a locked NPC, please wait for the 5 minutes it takes for me to type a reply.
Unlocked NPCs: These character's headers will be posted in green. These are characters that all players with active characters can post as. If you're waiting for a response from an unlocked NPC, you can just post as them to decide what they would do. Or someone else can post as them. Or whatever.
Player Characters: These characters' headers will be posted in black. These are my characters, including the secret gamemaster mysterious ones. If I need to dictate another player's character's discoveries or something like that, this will also appear in black.
Handy Profile Reference Blog Entry: HF RPG Profiles (defunct ATM)
APPROVED PROFILE LIST: (H = Hero, V= Villain, CV = Civillian)
GM fishers64's profiles: Traferous Diafianous (V - DEAD), Fravi (V - IN JAIL), Adam West (V - DEAD), Tracia Tartonles (CV), 78 East (V - IN JAIL), Dan Barker (CV), Jarrious and Rwer (The Brain Master) (V), Graven Dfer (V)
- Arnold Scharzenegger - Flare (H), Rock Raider (V), Jack Plasmid(V), Samantha Electro(H)
- Dina Sauyama - T. Pecs (V)
- Durahk: The Skull King - Mr. D (CV)
- Fallen Cor - Erik Jet (H), Darren Wolfe(H), Henry Flint (H), Helena Corona (CV), Dr. Xaal (V)
- Ghidora - Ghid Squidulus (H)
- Jayne Cobb - Dane Hellsend(H), Agent Epsilon (V), Blake Crosshair (H)
- Jiming - Reyna Pherae (H)
- Lugh - Coquelicot(V)
- Lucina - Matteo Focus (H)
- masterchirox580 - Kavok Quake (V)
- Makuta Luroka - Breaker (V)
- Nato Greavesy - Crowley(V), Mr. Vyle (V), Saracen Rune(H), Silva Raine(CV), Marcus Vex(H), Anamnesis (V), The Creator (V), Sir Reginald Buckley (H)
- OLISI - Agent Theta (H)
- Petewa - Smitty Slink (H)
- Pumpress Sumira (aka Shadow_Ignited) - Nevra Joyū (H)
- PyroLizard Prime - Arsenal (V), Jason Ferro (H), Scourge (V), Wilhelm Gorn (H)
- The Other Other Alex (aka Scorp) - Aza and Ezec (both V), John Striker (H), Kathrine Scarlet(H), Kaiba Blader (V), Jade Riley(CV), Max Vale (V)
- QuirkyTurtle - Amalagation (V)
- Rylinth Anderfel - Alex Drift (H), Echo (H), Cobra Shard (H), Marrow (V), Gabriel Bliss (H)
- Shard the Gemknight Toa - Azure Striker (H), Gadget Thompson (H), Ryker Bullet (H), Xiphias Billade (H)
- Some Random Phrase - Extrax(V), Marcel Bolt (H), Parcival Overflow (H)
- Smudge8 - Fred Stinger(H)
- Toa Onaku - Daxer Phyrus (H - dead), Jimmy Abacus (H), Nimius Ardor(H), Titanos Forticus (H), Delta (V), Captor (H), Franklin V. Stone (CV), Var Vicious (V), Lilith Specter - "The Wraith" (H), Necrissa (V), Andrea Plume (H)
- Timeimageness - Leighla Artemis (CV), Riot (H), Epix (H)
- Unit#phntk#1 - Jonathan Splint (H)
- Vicarath - Robert Shade (H)
- Vestak - Night Stalker (V)
- ZippyWharrgarbl - Eloise Thumper (H), Wilbur Flood (H), Mara Quiver (H), Dorothy Quark (H), Ken Render (H), Mona Selphi (CV), Orukam Amayika (V)
GM NPC PROFILE TAPE:
I was asked after some confusion about NPC capabilities during the first mission to write this up. So here we go!
Mechna is particularly famous for three things: factory tours, mechanized theme park rides of various kinds, and manufacturing of various kinds of technology. Huge disparities exist from rich villain apartments filled with slaves to slum districts where low-level villains scrape by on petty crime to hotels to factories. The one thing that it all has in common is the slick metal plating, the robotic arms, and the incredible amount of other industrial equipment.
1. The Grunge District - Most classy villains would stay out of here. Everyone on the street will rob you blind or kill you to rob you blind. The area is famous for the excess of shady bars and female pleasurebots like what Fravi once was. This place is in terrible repair - the oldest section on Mechna, this place is filled with broken down technology that no longer works. Many bots scrape by repairing or disassembling these machines and selling them in the other districts or even off planet - for the highest price they can get the suckers to pay.
2. The Middle District - Many villains live on the lap of luxury here. Although this area actually isn't preferred by most rich - they usually prefer lush and green planets to the dingy smog of Mechna, the constant thrum of machine noise, and the threat of theft. Instead, this area is composed of apartments that middle-class villains live in with their modest slave holdings, and some that are rented to high-class villains in timeshares for when they have to be on the planet to conduct business.
These two districts abutt and blend together and aren't distinguished by those names IC; the OOC distinction is just to show the difference. The Middle District is North of the Grunge district.
3. The Government Hall - This old yellow building - it used to be white - houses the council that runs Mechna's government. Rumors have been circulating that the Galactic Conspiracy has significant inroads here.
4. The Slave Market - These are underground in the Grunge District and the Middle District. Many villains in the Middle district will venture into the Grunge District for lower prices on slaves.
5. Factory Area/Slave Living Quarters - On the opposite side of the planet from the Tourist District, the Factory Area abutts the Middle/Grunge area. Conditions in this area make the Grunge district look like a nonstop party. Slaves are kept in cells with barred windows and are rarely allowed to venture out. Slaves are run on murderous four-hour rotations and punished mercilessly for any mistakes. Many dream of being a house slave in the Middle District as a better destiny.
6. Tourist District - On the opposite side of the Government hall from Middle/Grunge and the Factories is the Tourist district, filled with theme park rides like rollercoasters and ferris wheels. There are also five "clean factories" that the government uses for tours - ticket prices are the only thing making these operations profitable.
GALACTIC MAP (WIP):
1. All BZPower and Lego RPG rules apply. No GModding, bunnying without permission, autohitting, or other RPG ills. Tennising is OK for the most part – with our small player base, two characters or players interacting with each other is fine. However, if a third character or player enters the situation, please acknowledge their interaction as well – that’s just common courtesy.
2. Heroes cannot perform Nova Blasts.
3. Powers involving food – i.e. donuts, cake, pie, ice cream, or other similar edibles are not allowed.
4. Unless indicated otherwise, I am the gamemaster of yonder RPG. If you have a problem with one of my decisions, please take it to a PM to avoid disrupting the interaction. Unless I indicate otherwise, all decisions are final.
5. Please use IC and OOC for your posts.
6. Please respect all decisions made by your fellow members in their choices of interaction. Unless it falls under rule #1, taking issue is a waste of space. If you must, take it to a PM.
7. Please respect all decisions made/warnings made by the Lego RPG staff.
RPG Staff/Gamemaster: fishers64
Periodically, I will be bringing you, the players, assignments from Mission Control. If you are a Hero, you may choose to join the Mission, and if you complete the mission you will receive a reward. If you are a villain, you may feel free to oppose the mission in any way that you see fit, and if you successfully oppose the mission you will receive a reward. Unlike in the typical Hero Factory storyline, villains do have a chance of achieving your objectives. Play your cards well, and you may be the future crime master of the galaxy.
You are not required to join or oppose a mission – you may choose to do your own thing. You may also allow your own thing to intersect with the mission at hand if the story allows.
Mission #4: In the Mirror
Canon NPCs involved: Mr. Makuro, Black Phantom, Von Nebula, XT4
The Valos system is a tortured place to be. Unlike the Streptos system, the Tranquis system, or the Makuro Belt, the star of the system is surrounded by an oddly crackling force ring, which seems to be responsible for the nasty changes that the inhabitants have to endure. Legend has it that several planets have passed through the star itself, only to reappear later - which would explain the planet that just appeared two years before.
It is in this system that the planet Mechna can be found, home to robotic slavery, trafficking of said slaves, and sweatshop factories that make Makuhero City's factory district look like paradise. Crime runs rampant among the city streets - but the truth is, no civilianslive on Mechna. Everyone on the street is a villain - just some more nefarious than others. And all of the villains keep their slaves - civilian or not - locked up.
Except for the public government of Mechna, who sweeps all of that under the rug and presents the gleaming metal hallways and robotic arms as a tourist attraction. None of the government sponsored tours reveal what that planet is really all about - selling goods for the highest profit imaginable.
The latest sponsored tour, however, has included something that no other tour has dared to include - a sweet portal into the unknown. Except that no one has come back from the portal yet, and...it has grown so big that another planet nearby has called in to say that Hero Factory might be interested in investigating before the entire planet of Mechna...and maybe the entire Valos system...is sucked in.
Hmm. Seems like a villainous plot if there ever was one. Or like...5?
1. Investigate the person who called in about the portal.
2. Go to Mechna and investigate the portal itself.
3. Investigate the planet of Mechna itself.
4. SECRET OBJECTIVE (this has to do with the portal)
5. SECRET OBJECTIVE (this has to do with Mechna, and some old friends)
1. If possible, destroy the Astral.
2. Conceal the true nature of Mechna, and the portal.
3. SECRET OBJECTIVE (again, having to do with the portal)
4. SECRET OBJECTIVE (this one is for the old friends)
5. Help Traferous fix his ship and get out of Makuhero City (this is more local).
CHARACTER PROFILE POSTING NOW OPEN! I will make every effort to approve or return profiles as quickly as possible. Character profiles must be posted IN THIS TOPIC. PLEASE SPECIFY WHETHER THE PROFILE IS FOR A HERO, VILLAIN, OR CIVILLIAN IN THE PROFILE UPFRONT. MAKES MY LIFE EASIER. THANKS.
Edited by fishers64, Apr 23 2016 - 10:16 PM.