fishers64

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"That's too narrow a classification system," Traferous said, exasperated. "The only people you Heroes don't kill are the powerless citizens. I can't help what happened to me, so I'm trying to make the best of it. You, on the other hand, just slap on a label and fire."

What the heck. I tried to avoid a time wasting fight, and I'm getting into I a debate. Geez. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Rocket Bay.

"Yet you apparently know all about the villainy that was going on down here," he challenged, not swayed by the monster's words, "and you're clearly willing to kill and destroy whatever you feel like in pursuit of your own brand of vigilante justice. That makes you a threat." He looked to the other heroes, "Anyone got some cuffs left we can use on this thing?"

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Ghid Squidulus

Ghid suddenly felt his shield getting tugged on. He pulled against it until it painfully tore off of his armour. Darn it why

The shadow-y materials sucked back into Ghid's system and he totally went unconscious. Maybe. His eye colour did change to blue, though.

IC: Eloise Thumper

Thumper held the unconscious Hero in her hands. They seemed to be the same one she had accidentally crushed earlier. She carefully set them on the floor after establishing they were still alive.

She looked up to the group again. "This guy's okay, I think... Not sure what attacked them, though."

The Hero seemed fine here. She got up and turned to the argumentative Hero across the room. "The little guy's right about the rocket. If he wants to break the rocket, and we want to break the rocket, can't we just do that and sort out who's a criminal and who's not later, when the rocket isn't threatening people?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

"Thanks," he caught the cuffs and shouldered his rifle, floating down to land in front of the creature, "Just make this easy for everyone, and come quietly." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"That's a waste of time, and you know it," said Traferous. "I'll just shift out of them. Even if you put me in jail, I'll just shift me a kryptonium blaster and get out. I thought you were smarter than that."

"I'm not going to fight you today," Traferous said, backing up toward the rocket. "There's no penalty for being wrong in my world, just a second chance at the truth."

OOC: Hm, okay. Because Crowley was in the process of lunging at Azure when the attack hit, I'd written it as more of a glancing blow to his side rather than a direct hit to his body, and since sonics usually rips things apart in the other RPGs I play on this site, I kind of assumed it would be tearing pieces off of him. 

OOC: Ah, makes sense. I envisioned Echo's sonic power as more of a stun than an attack, while Toa, Makuta, Rahkshi,  and the like probably would shred things with their sonics. I should have been more specific.  :confused:

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

"What, you think after everything you've done - and what you are - we're just going to accept your help and let you walk away?" Saracen growled, tossing Kathrine's cuffs back up to her, "You're crazy, or stupid, or both." 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"I don't think you will," Traferous said. "Clearly you're not happy with this new challenge to your thinking." He materialized some anti-quaza and quaza in front of the rocket's remains, and shifted the blaster into place to finish the job. One problem at a time.

IC Kathrine:

I caught the cuffs, stepping behind him.

"Couple seconds with these, and you won't have the energy to shift away."

I clapped one cuff on the creature's left hand.

"You turn out to be alright, you'll be let go, no harm, no foul."

The other cuff now.

"Mean while, we'll take care of this rocket. It's our job. Let us do it."

Thumper approached the grumpy Hero. "Whoa, amigo. You're slipping out of Hero territory here. He was offering to help us save people. And he hasn't really done anything wrong- well, he attacked us, but we stole his guns first! What he is doesn't matter- it shouldn't matter, to us. What matters is, he was here to help. And isn't that what being a Hero is all about?"

OOC: from now on just imagine a tiny screech of frustration every time I post and have to edit it.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

He gave Thumper an incredulous look. "A gigantic shapeshifting monster strolls in out nowhere into the secret underground base of an unknown organisation that wants to destroy hero factory, offers to help us, and you want to just go along with it?" He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Does nothing about this seem suspicious to you? I mean, it just created anti-quaza, of all things." 

"You were threatening them," she replied, stance firm. "Of course they were going to arm themselves. And we don't know if they're not here to do the same thing we are, do we? Maybe they're here to save lives, too."

IC Kathrine:

I frowned.

"Look, if you are a civilian, and this -is- a misunderstanding, then let us do our jobs. Whatever this rocket is for, we can probably dismantle it within half an hour, and this facility doesn't have to come crashing down on top of us. But we can't do that with you shooting everyone and generally causing a scene."

I put the cuffs away and extended a hand.

"What do you say?"

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"Would it soothe you to use calcidium instead?" Traferous said, glaring at Saracen. "I just so happen to have a bunch of the anti-quaza stuff left from the guy who was trying to blow up this planet. He's dead now, but taking him out was quite a mess."

He then waved the anti-quaza and his weapons away. "Okay," he said, taking Katherine's hand politely. "I still want my stuff back, though."

"Save lives?" he scoffed, "I seriously doubt this... thing... cares about collateral damage. He rolled his eyes as the creature seemingly agreed to let the heroes do their job. Maybe everyone else was falling for these lies, but he wasn't stupid. "Or did you miss the fact that it just created a giant explosive underneath the rocket while we're all still standing right next to it?" 

With its immense array of powers, this creature could've strolled through and annihilated Karter, Dumacc and their drone army with ease. Instead, it had waited for Hero Factory to do the hard work for it, then shown up at the last moment to finish off the survivors. It was only after the heroes had injured it that it had decided to play it's "I'm here to help" card. 

Clearly, this villain had no interest in helping the heroes or saving lives. It was just using those excuses to further its own agenda. Saracen knew when he was being used. This is going to end badly...

Edited by Nato Greavesy

"Stop calling them a thing, it's rude. They've shown they're... They're..." What was the word? "They can think. You heard them, they're going to let us do our job. And I think you need to do your job now, instead of being so angry and shootey over a misunderstanding."

"I'm not going to fight another hero for the sake of this monster," he spat, "but you'll wind up regretting this, I promise you." 

Thumper didn't have a clever retort for that, so she just said "Good." after an awkward pause.

She walked over to the shapeshifter. "You mentioned something about the bad guys having something down here to let them shoot rockets again? Is there a rocket factory down here?"

GM IC TRAFEROUS 

"Not exactly," Traferous said. "They built the rocket here, so all the construction equipment and the means to build it are still here. If we leave it here, they will just start over - and this time there won't be another brain attack up above to conveniently let you in on it. And then there are all of the civillians that just fled out of here. We leave this place intact, they will be back." So we have to destroy it to make sure that this place isn't a threat any more.

He looked over at Saracen and his rifle, briefly allowing himself to acknowledge, in his own mind, that Saracen was right. He did not and had not cared about collateral damage. It was just bad timing all around.

But he knew, in his own mind, that he was also right. If the facility was left intact, the conspiracy might risk rebuilding it as an open attack on Hero Factory. He had to convince them not to bother. Otherwise, he would have to come back AGAIN, and he might not be able to get into the facility and plant a bunch of bombs next time. If there was one thing Traferous hated, it was repeating the same thing twice.  

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Thinking on what Traferous had said, Jimmy walked back into the control room and re-plugged his hacking kit into one of the consoles, accessing the base's codes in search of any options to possibly destroy the base with a built-in self destruct mechanism.

IC: Eloise Thumper - In Lower Rocket Room

She could definitely smash machines. "Sounds good to me! Do you know where all that stuff is?"

GM IC JIMMY ABACUS

There was no physical self-destruct mechanism - however, there was a routine to erase all of the computer's data that would immediately appear, which could be useful. 

The reason for there being no self-destruct mechanism would also become apparent - this facility was below the city. If was destroyed, it would destroy a good portion of Tranquis city above and reveal the base's cover to others. That was why every other security measure except a self-destruct had been put in place - because self-destruct was never an option.

Edited by fishers64

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Jimmy cursed under his breath, and then sent a comm to the other heroes in the base. "Can't seem to find any self-destruct options in the base's code, but I can erase every bit of programming in the base's computers, which should set them back considerably on its own."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"Right around the corner," Traferous said, gesturing the correct direction and starting to walk out of the rocket bay. I will have time to deal with Gadget and the medic later. Hmph. 

He had no idea what Abacus was talking about. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Eloise Thumper - Rocket Supply Room

Thumper ran over, delighted. She went to do what she did best, immediately wrecking some consoles that were closest to her. It wouldn't take her long to annihilate all the machines and parts in here, by her guess.

He paced, keeping one wary eye on the shapeshifter as the others got to work. 

IC: Alex Drift - Astrapi Space Station

Drift whistled a jaunty tune to himself as he pulled into the nearest Hero-Factory owned space station with his load of Tranquis VII civilians. The other two dropships docked as he stepped onto the shining metal walkways, taking a breath of fresh air as he did so. He loved these stations.

After leading the citizens to an area designed specifically for situations like this and giving Jade and the other pilot a warm hello, Drift headed back to his ship and took a look at Phyrus. The damage was pretty bad. He'd have to drop him off after the mission though; no time to waste now.

Drift swung himself back into the cockpit and ignited the engine. "You coming back to the Tranquis system?" He asked Jade as he began to pull out.

OOC: Figured I would finally give Drift his own post for a change while I wait for Ezec to respond to Echo's attack.

So what exactly do the Heroes in the base have to do after they wreck everything? If they blow up the base, most of Tranquis city goes down, but if they don't, the whole mission is just a minor inconvenience to the bad-guys rather than a crippling blow. 

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Wait, is Thumper wrecking consoles in the same room as Jimmy is in?

OOC: No, she's below him. 

OOC: Figured I would finally give Drift his own post for a change while I wait for Ezec to respond to Echo's attack.

So what exactly do the Heroes in the base have to do after they wreck everything? If they blow up the base, most of Tranquis city goes down, but if they don't, the whole mission is just a minor inconvenience to the bad-guys rather than a crippling blow. 

OOC: That's the puzzle the Heroes have to solve, with or without Traferous' help. 

Of course, given that Traferous is more than happy to just destroy the city, it may be a good guess to say "without". However, working with the Heroes amuses him up to a point, so he'd be more than happy to go along for awhile. 

OOC: I've got Ghid in a position of interest. Its keeps Traferous looking suspicious at all times.

IC Ghid Squidulus

"Nnurgh... Hehe..."

Totally waking up and stuff, Ghid slowly rose to his feet, Glaring around the room, the odd matter supposedly swishing through his system, slightly leaking out his armour. "hehehehehhehehehehehe,,, he..."

"You're not helping," he snapped at Ghid, his thermal vision confirming that there was nothing actually wrong with the other hero... aside from his apparently defective personality...

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous sighed, and began firing kryptonium blasts and anti-quaza bursts at the machines. It wasn't anywhere near as fun as one big boom would have been. Next time, he would know better than to invite Heroes to his party. Next time he raided an enemy base where Heroes were also raiding it, he would wait until they were gone before heading back in to blow things up. 

IC: Crowley - Grand Tranq Ground Floor.

With no sounds of pursuit, he huddled behind another doorway, taking a shaky breath before pressing a plasma-covered hand up against the raw patch of flesh on his side. He clenched his jaw, muffling the howl of agony that would have otherwise exploded from his mouth as the crackling plasma swiftly cauterised the wound, preventing further blood loss. 

When the pain finally began to subside he sagged against the door, panting weakly. 

OOC: Did Traferous follow Thumper into the next room or is he just blasting machines in the general area?

OOC: He followed her in there, yes. There isn't a ton of machinery in the rocket bay itself - obviously there would be rocket arms for assembly and wires and stuff, but a lot of that would have been cleared out in prep for launch so it didn't get destroyed. 

OOC: Yo, wait for Timageness to at least reply to my initial attack before unloading your built up one.

OOC: Replied. Link provided on the off-chance it was missed.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.