fishers64

OOC: Really need to get back into the game here...

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude--Grand Tranq lobby/hallway

Artemus had been searching a few adjacent rooms when he heard the fight breaking out in the hall. His first instinct was to rush in, metaphorical guns blazing, but he shoved it aside, reminding himself of the need to get close and evaluate the situation first.

Using his agility to its utmost, he crept silently into the corridor, to see Riot and two other Heroes locked in combat with a pair of hulking villains. He slunk closer, trying to keep to shadowy corners where his dark color-scheme would make him slightly harder to spot. When he was close enough to worry about being heard over the din of battle, he abandoned stealth and charged, ducking low as he swung his bladed tendrils at the rearmost villain's turned back.

IC--Simon Trigger--Sky 

Simon grinned as he finally spotted what was unmistakably the hospital. Hopefully now something would happen.

OOC: ...unless the hospital incident ended while I was gone, of course. Is anyone still there?

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

OOC: Sorry for the confusion, mate! I think I remember seeing the Furno on Earth one on TV, at the very least.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: You can use stuff like the basketball hoop and the fence as a way of measuring them in the video. Not accurately, but you can ballpark it.

Oh, and Dark_Stranger: hospital's done, we're just wrecking up the joint until the time skip.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Rylinth, I'm going to ask two more questions to your question: 1. Does poison gas work on robots? And 2. If so, is it a good idea to put a lot of poison gas underneath a hospital?

OOC: Why not just blow up the enemy base and say the villains did it? The city's already been evacuated, and I'd bet this is far from the first time Hero Factory has had to cover something up...

IC: Crowley - Grand Tranq Ground Floor.

Minutes ticked by, and he slowly forced himself to rise once more. His wound stung, and his jaw still ached, but with all of the bleeding stopped, neither injury was life threatening. He needed to focus on the issue at hand - getting off this planet. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I just calculated my hero's rough weight estimate if the armor material is titanium and the rest of him is a lighter material. It comes out to around 3400 lbs. And this is a small hero... (roughly 2.0 sized) I will assume that they are made of a much (much) lighter material and put the number at 800 lbs.

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: Also why are we discussing it OOC when we have Hero characters who have some free time and need to sort it out?

IC: Eloise Thumper - Rocket Machine Room

The room was thoroughly destroyed now. She glanced to the others. "What now? Do we pack up and leave?"

OOC: Because our suggestions OOC may not reflect our characters own IC values and opinions?

IC: Saracen Rune - Rocket Bay.

"Let's get out of here," he shrugged, "and leave that thing behind," he jabbed a finger towards Traferous. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Touché. I guess it wouldn't occur to Thumper that there may be issues with pumping poison under a hospital, for example. She's not the brightest bulb. But I could have spun it as "killing isn't Heroic!", I guess.

Thumper glanced at the shapeshifter, and then back at the Hero. "They probably have CEO stuff to do, they can't just sit here guarding this place from evil."

IC: Azure Stryker/The Grand Tranq Ground Floor

With Crowley running off, and Azure still thirsting for battle, he instinctively turned to the other fight. Immediately he sprints up to Ezec, intending on delivering a good lateral slash to the side opposite to where Echo was. His field was activated and focused on his blades, which would add additional pain.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

IC: Saracen Rune - Rocket Bay.

"I meant leave it behind on this planet, because I'm definitely not letting it onto a ship with me," he clarified, before elaborating, "it got onto this planet and into this base somehow, so I'm sure it's got its own exit strategy." 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Rocket Machine Room

"I... I guess," said Thumper hesitantly. "But you don't have to be so rude about it."

She turned to the shapeshifter. "Do you have a ride home?"

OOC: Why not just blow up the enemy base and say the villains did it? The city's already been evacuated, and I'd bet this is far from the first time Hero Factory has had to cover something up...

OOC: Technically, though, that's not Hero Factory standard operating procedure. Their objective should have been to defeat the villains and keep the planet and the city intact so the actual residents of the city could live in it again. 

I have no idea what Echo has been doing, but I've been allowing it because it opens up more opportunities for civilians and villains IC, and also because I as GM should not railroad everything. Should have been =/= what actually happens. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"I have about two or three options for that," Traferous said. "None of which really should concern you. Actually, four, but I much prefer 1 though 3." 

OOC: I was kidding, mostly. Just looking for more ammunition Mr Vyle could've used in his vendetta against Hero Factory...

OOC: Speaking of the hospital, I finally had an idea for how to stop the bad guys from using that base again:

Is there any way we could flood the rocket room with poison gas and then seal it off?

OOC: That's assuming that any of the characters have access to poison gas. I can say that there's none in the immediate area, and it is unlikely that Hero Factory would have any. 

You may be interested to know that poison gas is not a weapon that any of the organizations involved in this story - Hero Factory, the galatic conspiracy, the brains, or Traferous - would be really be interested in using. For HF, using that is bad PR, for the conspiracy it doesn't make any sense since they want to arm planets against attacks by villains and not poison civilians, the brains don't want to kill robots they could control using it, and for Traferous it just kills everyone outright and isn't any fun. 

Aaaand I hesitate to approve it for player characters because of its "insta-kill" ish properties. You may be able to do it in "inhalent shots" that aren't instantly deadly or require that a certain amount of time be spent inhaling it before death or both (preferably both). I would watch any characters with that power like a hawk for g-modding. I remember Hive well. :P

OOC: Also doesn't seem like they acullay show up next to humans in the commercial. As for their size, given your calculations, you could probably say that these guys weigh in at around 700 pounds.

OOC: I'm going to say that Lugh's earlier figure of 400-500 is probably correct, and they are slightly bigger than human size. I think making them much bigger than that makes them too hard to conceptualize. 

As for Nato's comment about humans, I'm going to go with the idea that they may be a bit more durable at the moment. They're robots. If I fire a bullet though a human, that human is not going to fight me anymore, but if I fire a bullet though a robot, they might be able to keep going, yeah? And I don't think that's really unfair because every character in HF is a robot to some degree. I think Crowley and and Traferous might be exceptions, but I don't think a single bullet is going to take out Crowley anyway and Traferous is so OP it doesn't matter too much. :shrugs: 

IC: Eloise Thumper - RMR

"That's good," she smiled. Then she frowned. "I... had a rough landing on the way in. I can probably get a ride, though."

She considered the room, thoughtful. She said, "We're sure there's no other things to smash? Or any evil documents or anything?"

OOC: Submitted for approval.

Hero Profile:

Name: Robert Shade
Powers and Abilities: Shade is equipped with a high energy drain chameleon unit that renders him virtually invisible. He combines this with his sound dampening generator for minimum sight and sound disruptions while he’s in the field.
Weapons: Shade makes use of two foldable raw quaza-embedded arm-blades that are linked directly to his battery. They can sear their way through most materials and are capable of short ranged quaza blasts. Shade has the choice to turn the blades’ quaza link on or off depending on how low his battery is running. Turning the quaza off saves the hero on energy, but causes the blades to lose their palpable cutting capability.
Bio: Shade was made as an assassin model for high priority targets that are too dangerous for a prison cell or the attempt of capturing. His high energy cost weapons and tools cause him to have very poor energy efficiency and when running at maximum he usually has to recharge every few hours.

Personality: Shade doesn't like surprises which is why he is constantly thinking of every possible situation that could confront him on a job. He prefers working alone and while he likes the company that a team lends him, he doesn't know how to work as or with a team (he is the “I” in team). He has a condition common amongst assassins that causes him to have an unsanctioned thirst for knowledge. He is always looking for a way into top-secret places and files that he has no place in. Assassins with this condition are often kept in stasis once caught.
Appearance: He has a dark purple core and head. The top of his head is white while the rest of him is black encased in pearl dark-gray armor (also known as titanium gray). Height: 6.7 ft. Weight: 480 lbs.

MOC Picture: GalleryFile.jpg

Location: Hero Factory Facility in Makuhero City Secret Storage

Robert Shade makes a star appearance in Rylinth Anderfel’s A True Hero (Rylinth wants me to say that it’s not particularly good, but that’s just his opinion).

Edited by Vicarath

Name: Nevra Joyū

Powers and Abilities: Can create sonic waves (akin to Power Scream) and is designed for speed and flexibility.

Weapon(s): Twin daggers that look like clock hands.  

Appearance: A little shorter and slimmer than the average hero. Midnight blue armour with a pale yellow core and eyes

Bio: Shortly after she was built she suddenly slipped into a 3 day coma. When waking up, she seemed confused on how she got to the medi bay. Upon questioning her about this, she went on about some sort of play and time stopping. Afterwards she changed her last name to Joyū and her weapons into clock hands. In spite of this, she is a friendly girl that won't mind a chat. She enjoys listening to music, especially those in foreign languages.

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

Hero Profile:

Powers and Abilities: Shade is equipped with a high energy drain chameleon unit that renders him virtually invisible. He combines this with his sound dampening generator for minimum sight and sound disruptions while he’s in the field.

Weapons: Shade makes use of two foldable raw quaza-embedded armblades that are linked directly to his battery. They can sear their way through most materials and are capable of short ranged quaza blasts. Shade has the choice to turn the blades’ quaza link on or off depending on how low his battery is running.

Bio: Shade was made as an assassin model for high priority targets that are too dangerous for a prison cell or the attempt of capturing. His high energy cost weapons and tools cause him to have very poor energy efficiency and when running at maximum he usually has to recharge every few hours.

Personality: Shade doesn’t like surprises which is why he is constantly thinking of every possible situation that could confront him on a job. He prefers working alone and while he likes the company that a team lends him, he doesn’t know how to work as or with a team (he is the “I” in team). He has a condition common among assassins that causes him to have an unsanctioned thirst for knowledge. He is always looking for a way into top-secret places and files that he has no place in. Assassins with this condition are often kept in stasis once caught.

Appearance: He has a dark purple core and head. The top of his head is white while the rest of him is black encased in pearl dark-gray armor (also known as titanium gray). Height: 6.7 ft. Weight: 480 lbs.

Robert Shade makes a star appearance in Rylinth Anderfel’s A True Hero (Rylinth wants me to say that it’s not particularly good, but that’s just his opinion).

Approved, but I'll be watching the powers' use. He should be able to cut though less stuff with the blades' quaza off, I would think, but I'd be fine either way.  

Name: Nevra Joyū

Powers and Abilities: Can create sonic waves (akin to Power Scream) and is designed for speed and flexibility.

Weapon(s): Twin daggers that look like clock hands.  

Appearance: A little shorter and slimmer than the average hero. Midnight blue armour with a pale yellow core and eyes

Bio: Shortly after she was built she suddenly slipped into a 3 day coma. When waking up, she seemed confused on how she got to the medi bay. Upon questioning her about this, she went on about some sort of play and time stopping. Afterwards she changed her last name to Joyū and her weapons into clock hands. In spite of this, she is a friendly girl that won't mind a chat. She enjoys listening to music, especially those in foreign languages.

Is this a Hero? 

I remember Hive well. :P

*rolls eyes*

As for Nato's comment about humans, I'm going to go with the idea that they may be a bit more durable at the moment. They're robots. If I fire a bullet though a human, that human is not going to fight me anymore, but if I fire a bullet though a robot, they might be able to keep going, yeah? 

Sorry, yeah. That was sort of meant to be implied in the "unless otherwise stated" part of my post. Given that these guys are 100% robotic and therefore lack the ability to bleed to death, etc., it would make sense they'd be more durable. 

I think Crowley and and Traferous might be exceptions, but I don't think a single bullet is going to take out Crowley anyway

Well it probably would, if the shooter managed to figure out where his heart or brain or something else incredibly important is and score a direct hit. But that wouldn't be much different to a hero taking a direct hit to their core. 

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Factory. 

The lone hero paced languidly in his room, pausing every few moments to throw his knife into the furthest wall, walking over to retrieve it, then beginning the process over again. His buddies were all off on missions, leaving him to occupy himself until they got back. And he was bored

Hero Profile:

Weapons: Shade makes use of two foldable raw quaza-embedded armblades that are linked directly to his battery. They can sear their way through most materials and are capable of short ranged quaza blasts. Shade has the choice to turn the blades’ quaza link on or off depending on how low his battery is running.

Personality: Shade doesn’t like surprises which is why he is constantly thinking of every possible situation that could confront him on a job. He prefers working alone and while he likes the company that a team lends him, he doesn’t know how to work as or with a team (he is the “I” in team). He has a condition common among assassins that causes him to have an unsanctioned thirst for knowledge. He is always looking for a way into top-secret places and files that he has no place in. Assassins with this condition are often kept in stasis once caught.

Approved, but I'll be watching the powers' use. He should be able to cut though less stuff with the blades' quaza off, I would think, but I'd be fine either way.  

OOC: He can't cut through nearly as much with his blades' quaza supply off. I've edited the profile to make that clear.

Edited by Vicarath

IC: Echo - Grand Tranq battle

A powerful blast knocked Echo's saw out of its path and twisted his chassis to the left. He responded by whipping himself the rest of the way around in a sort of frenzied pirouette while tracing the shot's trajectory. The second the smaller beast came into view he fired off a 33% charge concussion shot to stun it and dashed forwards with his buzz-saw spinning in a wicked slash.

IC: Riot - The Grand Tranq (Ground Floor)

Tilting his head to the side in order to give himself the room necessary to parry the oncoming blow as his previous attack failed, Riot pushed himself upwards with his remaining leg, delivering a jab towards the underside of his opponent's offending arm with the intention of dislocating it. At the very least, if the attack wasn't outright deflected by the Villain's fancy shielding abilities or prevented by some other means, it was still on a collision-course with a commonly universal pressure point located on the limb in question, meaning that if the punch connected, he would more than likely lose all feeling in the appendage for at least the remainder of the fight.

OOC: Whether or not specimens of Ezec's species actually share said pressure point is entirely up to you, Scorp.

IC: Azure Stryker/The Grand Tranq Ground Floor

With Crowley running off, and Azure still thirsting for battle, he instinctively turned to the other fight. Immediately he sprints up to Ezec, intending on delivering a good lateral slash to the side opposite to where Echo was. His field was activated and focused on his blades, which would add additional pain.

IC God Twins:

Ezec did in fact have that same pressure point, though through his natural plating the effect was lessened somewhat. Ezec's arm went numb, but this worked well for Ezec. Not feeling pain meant he could do more himself. Spotting Aure coming from the opposite side, he grunted, turning into the attack, Bringing his left arm sweeping down into a wicked gut shot on Riot, while his back took the slice, His armor preventing too much from getting damaged. Still, streaks of red ran down his pristine White armor.

Aza simply fired again, this time at the hero's chest, blowing away the weaker energy shot, a grin on her face.

I remember Hive well. :P

*rolls eyes*

As for Nato's comment about humans, I'm going to go with the idea that they may be a bit more durable at the moment. They're robots. If I fire a bullet though a human, that human is not going to fight me anymore, but if I fire a bullet though a robot, they might be able to keep going, yeah? 

Sorry, yeah. That was sort of meant to be implied in the "unless otherwise stated" part of my post. Given that these guys are 100% robotic and therefore lack the ability to bleed to death, etc., it would make sense they'd be more durable. 

I think Crowley and and Traferous might be exceptions, but I don't think a single bullet is going to take out Crowley anyway

Well it probably would, if the shooter managed to figure out where his heart or brain or something else incredibly important is and score a direct hit. But that wouldn't be much different to a hero taking a direct hit to their core. 

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Factory. 

The lone hero paced languidly in his room, pausing every few moments to throw his knife into the furthest wall, walking over to retrieve it, then beginning the process over again. His buddies were all off on missions, leaving him to occupy himself until they got back. And he was bored

IC John Striker: 

Not bothering to knock, the Veteran hero opened the door. "Marcus. Still brooding I see."

IC Shade - HF Secret Storage:

Shade wandered back and forth inside Secret Storage. As much as he hated to admit it, it was his fault he was in there. “I only wanted to see what all the activity at Tranquis VII was about,” the hero brooded "so what if I stole Zib’s password out from behind his back to do it?” Next time he would be more careful. The only thing to do in storage was flip through the channels on a screen embedded in the wall which was boring. At least, it was boring until he flipped to a media channel covering the evacuation of the entire civilian population of Tranquis VII. The footage had been taken hours before, but it was still interesting nonetheless.

Edited by Vicarath

IC: Echo - Grand Tranq battle

The creature somehow nullified his sonic pulse with a rifle shot. "How did...?" Echo had no time to finish the thought as the blast reached him. The crackling filled his ears... it needed to stop... the crackling needed to stop...

Echo hysterically flung his saw between himself and the shot, deflecting it into the ceiling and raining plaster down on the combatants. He sliced once, twice, thrice at the monster, driven into a mad rage, and began to charge up another pulse. This time, he would fire at 100%.  :burnmad:

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Markus Vex - Quarters. 

"They taught you how to use a sniper rifle, but not how to knock on a door," Markus quipped, tugging his knife free of the wall and sheathing it, "And I wasn't brooding, just... Okay, yeah, I might've been brooding a bit..." 

IC: Gadget Thompson/With Abacus

He was following Abacus for a bit.

"So what did you find in the database?"

IC: Azure Stryker/Fighting Ezec in the Grand Tranq Ground Floor

Successful to see something get hit, he ran around to try get another lateral slice to the side.

OOC: Hey, any idea what the next mission will be about? Since people are already posting characters for the next one, I thought I'd start considering who to use next. I've designed Thumper's Hero team (so I have other characters ready to go) but each of them are designed for a specific environment or mission type.

IC Ghid Squidulus

At least we leave it behind.

"Well then," Ghid said, picking his shield off of the floor. "You continue the adventures of shortness and supposed C.E.O. stuff while we return to Hero Factory. Oh, but we're going to need to take some of the rocket's stuff, to prevent it from being fixed so easily."

IC: Markus Vex - Quarters.

"Boredom," he replied bitterly, "I'm sick of being cooped up here all the time, even if this place does have a TV the size of a billboard." He jabbed an almost-accusatory finger towards Striker, "I want to be out there, doing something." 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

OOC: Hey, any idea what the next mission will be about? Since people are already posting characters for the next one, I thought I'd start considering who to use next. I've designed Thumper's Hero team (so i have other characters ready to go) but each of them are designed for a specific environment or mission type.

OOC: I know what the next mission will be. We're going to a planet that has a lot of water (and acid), and also going underground into something that has a lot of electric stuff (and acid). 

I have at least four mission "thoughts" in mind right now. We'll see how it goes. :shrugs: (I'm hoping to set up the ship battles after this one, which I think a lot of players are going to like. But I'll see how the story goes - not one for forcing things in.)

IC God Twins:

Ezec did in fact have that same pressure point, though through his natural plating the effect was lessened somewhat. Ezec's arm went numb, but this worked well for Ezec. Not feeling pain meant he could do more himself. Spotting Aure coming from the opposite side, he grunted, turning into the attack, Bringing his left arm sweeping down into a wicked gut shot on Riot, while his back took the slice, His armor preventing too much from getting damaged. Still, streaks of red ran down his pristine White armor.

Aza simply fired again, this time at the hero's chest, blowing away the weaker energy shot, a grin on her face.

OOC: Really, a sonic boom blast busted by a rifle shot?

OOC: Hahaha that's actually great because I had a Hero character designed who was aquatic but didn't go so well on land, and I was thinking "Man, he's not going to be used anytime soon" and yet HERE WE ARE! He even could arguably have slight resistance to electricity. I am convinced I am clairvoyant.

EDIT: Submitting this guy for approval. I had another one I was going to submit- the third of the younger Heroes on their team- in case the mission took place immediately after this one, but her last name was Trigger and someone here's already taken that name so I've got to puzzle out another one >:{

Hero Profile:  
Name: Wilbur Flood

Powers
 and Abilities: Wilbur Flood is designed for aquatic environments. This makes movement on land a little awkward, but in the water, he is a master. He is capable of withstanding great pressure, such as what you'd find at the bottom of the ocean. The lab techs at Hero Factory are trialling a new device with him- a device that absorbs energy attacks (like lasers, but not like rockets or plasma). It works, but unfortunately it results in him being constantly coated in a weird, viscous, clear substance (which is the substance that absorbs the energy attacks). Technically that's good, since attackers would have to touch him to hit him and that's something that most people want to avoid. The slime tends to make surfaces he walks on slippery.

Weapon(s): Flood wields a harpoon and an energy blaster tailored to function underwater, and to be able to be used with webbed fingers. These aren't weapons, but he also carries gloves for when he has to handle things that don't take well to his slime, like electronics. He hates wearing them because they're uncomfortable, so he won't be wearing them unless explicitly stated to be.

Appearance:
 As mentioned above, Flood is constantly slimy. It's really gross. He is painted shades of blue with bright green eyes and Hero Core, and sports tubes attached to his face that keep water from his vents and interior systems, even in the murkiest of depths. His body type is broad-shouldered and narrow-waisted. Like Thumper, I forgot I had no coloured images of Flood so here he is lovingly rendered in MSPaint.

Bio: Flood is outgoing, polite, and generally well-mannered, though he is considered a bit odd by most. He tries not to let the fact that most ‘bots don't want to be around him get him down. He is a big fan of fantasy fiction, especially that regarding mermaids.

He's loyal to the Hero Factory, though he has some gripes about his slimy condition and the techs' refusal to do anything about it, since the device worked and had saved him more than once.

Ic Shade - Secret Storage:

Confinement had Shade's spirits down. The evacuation news had ended for what seemed ages ago. He was used to running around making harmless unseen mischief, not a four walled hologram watching station with a high speed hero charger for when he was running low. He knew he'd told himself he wouldn't do it, that he'd wait it out, but he was desperate to stretch his legs which was why he reached for his communicator: "Zib, this is Shade. I'm soooo sorry for stealing your password and I'll make sure this never happens again. Could you pleaeaeaease let me out? I promise I'll be so good, you won't even notice me."

Edited by Vicarath

Submitting this guy for approval. I had another one I was going to submit- the third of the younger Heroes on their team- in case the mission took place immediately after this one, but her last name was Trigger and someone here's already taken that name so I've got to puzzle out another one >:{

I know how that feels. I've got Echo's entire team all planned out (in fact I ordered the parts to build all five figures off Bricklink earlier today), but the leader is named "Brad Bolt". Bolt is already taken so... Can't really use the team.  :annoyed:

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: I know??? I really like 'Trigger' and I'm using it for other things but I may have to rename her just for this. Which shouldn't be hard anyway. You could rename Bolt, too, just as a temporary thing just for the RPG so you can use them.