fishers64

IC John Striker:

The veteran Hero simply cocked an eyebrow.

"I think I liked the old days, when The Factory was full of professionals." He said to Markus. "Well, besides, you of course."

Regarding Shade once more, he said evenly, "John Striker. The fact that you don't know me means you're either new, or it's above your clearance level. Either way, Show some respect."

IC Shade - Meeting Room:

Shade laughed, "As if my behavior in here indicates my skill or professionalism in the field. The reason I don't know you is because I don't know anyone. I met Alpha team way back, but those are the only heroes I've ever met. My life is a secluded and lonely one, which is why I throw seriousness out the door when I have company." The laughter dying and his face suddenly deadpan, Shade said "It is good to know your name, Striker, and I look forward to being on the same mission with you." This wasn't entirely true; as much as he enjoyed talking to other bots, Shade knew that team playing wasn't his strong suit and might get in the way once the mission was going full swing.

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: That doesn't make much sense to me, and sounds like nothing more than the writers trying to make the characters easier for children to relate to. So while I can't speak for anyone else's characters, I think I'm going to stick with Markus - a black ops robot cop living in a galaxy populated almost exclusively by other robots - not having a clue what food is.

IC: Markus Vex - Meeting Room.

"And you're a professional killjoy," he glowered at Striker, "Honestly man, liven up a little." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC ZIB

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Zib grumbled. "I just need to find Wilbur Flood.Where is he?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

{Mission #2: Seaing Red}
Canon NPCs involved: Mr. Makuro, Queen Beast, Daniela Capricorn, Nex

The city of Antropolis (harr harr punny name) rests by on a peninsula abutting the mainland of Steptos II. It's a largely peaceful place renowned for its good weather. 

Except, some moron from Talos V made some video stage production that gave it a bad name. In it, a bunch of admittedly stupid civilians tried to dig a tunnel under Antropolis only to run into a bunch of vicious underground beasts. The Heroes ganged up on the beasts and committed mass genocide. The galactic conspiracy howled with laughter at the incredible anti-Hero propaganda and now show it to all trainees during orientation. That's probably why most people think it's real. 

In reality, anyone who goes to Antropolis will soon know different - the civilians and the beasts below the city have known about each other for years and share an incredibly peaceful relationship. The gentle giants have submitted to hugs and eager tourist photography, and no one would even think of disturbing their underground home.

But now, on the far edges of the city, a number of citizens are reporting beasts attacking them. Many others think they know the cause - the brains on top of the beast's heads. But why are they coming from? There's no sign of the brains' origin - usually they come from the sky, not underground. 

Further complicating matters is that a lot of distinguished businesspeople, including Mr. Makuro himself, are in town for a business conference regarding new technological growth strategies. As a result, the government of Antropolis wants this whole investigation of the beast attacks kept quiet and under wraps. 

And in the middle of a business conference, you can bet that sleazy and underhanded behavior will be never far behind.

Hero Objectives:

-Find out how and why the beasts are being controlled by the evil brains.

-Free the beasts from the brains' control. 

-Find out what underhanded and devious things are going on at the conference. 

-Defeat any villains that may be involved. 

-Avoid stirring up a mass panic at the conference. 

-Protect Mr. Makuro from harm. 

Villain Objectives:

-Conceal the facts/hide from the heroes the information behind everything. 

-Ensure that the beasts overrun the conference and kill the civilians. 

-Encourage the villainous organizations to work together to beat Hero Factory. 

-SECRET OBJECTIVE

-SECRET OBJECTIVE

Antropolis City

Welcome to Antropolis, home of business interests and an active hub of trade and other technology manufacturing. Here are some landmarks to keep your wits about you: 

1. Damius Mechron Conference Center: Named after the inventor of the holo-touch-screen, this area is where the public business of the conference will be done. It has two levels - a lower level in front of the podium for the main speaker, and an upper level that the media commonly uses for better shots of the proceedings without heads and bodies being in the way. 

Near this speaking dome is a ring of conference rooms where deals of scrupulous and unscrupulous nature are made. There are a few recharging stations in this building. 

2. Tait's hotel: This area is where the conference attendees will be staying. Unlike the relaxed, sprawling, and comfortable nature of the Grand Tranq, this is a sleek modern high-rise with 7 floors. However, the walls are made more of metal than windows, and the inside is painted drywall, giving the beings inside a reasonable expectation of privacy. The management are more than happy to look the other way if something doesn't quite add up - after all, they aren't going to be blamed for what happens in their basement. They have lawyers and aren't afraid to use them. 

There are recharging stations on every floor. 

3. The Docks: A place where ordinary water ships dock and carry in cargo from the other side of the planet, where there are quarries for silicon, iron ore, steel smelters, and a rare area that grows food for organic life, which Antropolis sells to scientists for research, and also to feed the beasts that roam around the city. 

A number of rough and surly civilians can be found here. Villainy is strongly frowned upon here, and anyone even trying to pass through this area that doesn't look like a civilian will probably be accosted. Heroes are not particularly welcome either, as their investigations and scrutiny get it the way of business. 

However, the beasts have gotten to the habit of attacking these ships and raiding them for food, since the civilians won't feed them any more. 

There's also an area for dropship landings here, but it has since fallen into disrepair. Most dropships land near the center of the city.

4. Tech Market Square: The center of the city, home to a buzzing holo-collection of ads for the latest must-have gadget and innovation. A number of shops line the square in three stories connected by outdoor staircases, selling everything from holoscreens to robo-jewelry.

5. The Underground: Where the beasts live. This area is largely unknown to the inhabitants above, although rumor has it that there is a bunch of beast cocoons to trap nasty civilians, a bunch of crystals, and a giant acidic lake. 

6. The Waterways/Ocean: This area is home to some of the beasts that are attacking the ships near the docks. Also, some of them love to hide in a series of canals that run through the city, springing upon the unwary. 

7. The Chutes: These are a reliable way to get around the city fast.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Starting Locations:

FOR HEROES:

Antopolis City, Hero Factory HQ (Makuhero City)

FOR VILLAINS:

Antopolis City, Traferous' Ship (Villain Factory)

FOR CIVILLIANS:

Antopolis City, Makuhero City

ACTIVE HERO CHARACTERS DO NOT HAVE TO GO ON THE MISSION TO ANTOPOLIS, AND CAN STAY AT HQ. HOWEVER, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO JOIN THE ACTION. VILLAIN CHARACTERS THAT START ON TRAFEROUS' SHIP...WILL HAVE FUN. :ziplips:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM NPC PROFILE TAPE: 

I was asked after some confusion about NPC capabilities during the first mission to write this up. So here we go!

Name: Mr. Makuro

Job/Location: Mr. Makuro is Hero Factory's founder and main inventor of new technology. 

Bio: Mr. Makuro is a gentle, soft-spoken inventor with an air of charisma and dignity, especially when explaining his newest inventions to eager crowds. However, Mr. Makuro actually believes that new inventions and innovations are the answer to just about every problem and puts too much trust in them for his own safety. He also doesn't deal in politics very well, despite his charismatic polish, and frankly is more at home in his inventor's lab.

Name: Daniela Capricorn

Job/Location: Daniela Capricorn is Hero Factory's foremost news reporter and anchor. 

Bio: Daniela is brash, loudmouthed, and fiery, covering things like villain breakouts and her camera breaking with the same level of outrage. She is a terrible liar. She also trusts in the Hero Factory to a fault and admires them like a fangirl, unable to stop praising and oohing and ahhing with unabashed enthusiasm. 

Name: Queen Beast

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Queen Beast has the ability to create, control, and absorb acid. She also makes coccoons capable of imprisoning a Hero, Civilian, or even a villain in a state of stasis, unable to wake up until someone opens or destroys the coccoon. She wields a sharp-bladed staff, and has enough strength to knock over a Hero with one swipe.  

Appearance: Queen Beast is blue and orange in color, and has six limbs - four legs and two arms. 

Bio: Queen Beast is normally a benevolent and caring creature, living peacefully under Antopolis and caring for the evolution of new beast-like creatures. The evil brain controlling her, however, is filling her head with the idea that the inhabitants above at threats to be destroyed. She is resisting with a fair degree of success, but the other beasts aren't so lucky.  

Name: Julius Nex

Powers and Abilities: Julius Nex is the poster boy for Hero relations, spending time on social media with the civilian population regularly. He carries a triage kit capable of healing, reviving, or modifying any hero in the field.  

Weapon(s): Plasma blaster, laser cutter, and Breakout-style Hero Cuffs.  

Appearance: This set looks ugly.

Bio: As part of his programming for Hero relations, Nex is witty, charming, and a shameless flirt. He's been on a whole bunch of missions by now, revealing that he also is ambitious and goal oriented. When he's not checking Herofeed or Herobook, he can be found enjoying a game of roboball with Furno.  

OOC: Please ask any questions you may have!

• Upvote 3

Except, some moron from Talos V made some video stage production that gave it a bad name. In it, a bunch of admittedly stupid civilians tried to dig a tunnel under Antropolis only to run into a bunch of vicious underground beasts. The Heroes ganged up on the beasts and committed mass genocide. The galactic conspiracy howled with laughter at the incredible anti-Hero propaganda and now show it to all trainees during orientation. That's probably why most people think it's real. 

OOC: I must admit, this was well played. Well played indeed. 

IC: Silvia Raine - Tech Market Square. 

Humming softly to herself, the pilot wandered through the market, perusing the wares and taking in the sights. She'd come to see the conference, of course, but it didn't hurt to do a little shopping on the side. 

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Aaaa sorry I was away from electronic devices for a few hours

Also I appreciate that the Fox Sports robot is absolutely canon in the Hero Factory universe. I accept it as 100% canon forever. Hopefully one of our next missions will involve him. Perhaps we will have to best him at Sports. Not a specific one, just in general.

IC: Wilbur Flood - Communications Hub

Zib would find Flood standing behind a Hero operating a communications console, leaning over it with a grip on the chair. The other Hero was, notably, leaning forwards to avoid touching the slime. Flood turned at Zib's approach.

"Oh, were you looking for me?" asked Flood. "Sorry. We were just looking for news about Thumper, our teammate. She went on this big mission a while ago, ran off in a big rush, and we heard that there were a lot of bad guys and explosives and the planet might explode... just wanted to make sure she was okay. We just got word the Heroes were leaving the planet, so hopefully she's with them. What's up, Zib?"

His eyes lit up. "Is there a mission you need me for? An aquatic one, maybe?"

OOC: Aquatic Heroes are, collectively, the Aquaman of Hero Factory.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: First time for everything. This time it's a canine hero.

Hero Profile:  

Name: Captor

Powers and Abilities:

Major:

Tracking - Captor has the ability to track down any being from analysing something that has been in their possession for an extended amount of time. He also possesses several different information processing algorithms, allowing him to process information to find clues regarding his target’s whereabouts quickly and efficiently from the news, communications and social media of various worlds. He also has an air analysis system that allows him to “smell” the air around himself to determine a route to his target.

Hunting abilities- Captor has retroreflective panels integrated into his armour, which allow him to blend in with his background, and with his surroundings when he needs to be stealthy. But even without this, he is capable of being highly stealthy and silent, possessing advanced algorithms that calculate routes that make him the least visible and audible to enemies possible.

Minor:

Strength and speed - Captor has considerable speed and strength, much more so than the average hero, and is capable of bringing down the toughest of foes.

Fangs and claws - Captor’s fangs and claws are sharp enough to tear through most materials, as well as piercing through energy shields.

Gear: His claws and fangs, although they are not removable.

Appearance: A canine hero, he walks on all fours and resembles a large wolf.

2oAcKEY.png

Bio: Captor was created as an experimental animal-based hero, testing to see if other forms than the standard humanoid form would be practical in the field. Once while on a mission with several other heroes, among which was Nimius Ardor, he was put in a situation where he would have been killed, if it weren’t for the timely interference of Nimius. After this incident, the two became fast friends, and soon developed a kinship which has lasted ever since.

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: Is the hero to monster size ratio the same as seen in the "video stage production made by some moron from Talos V?"

OOC: No, that's clearly artistic license. Civilians were playing the Heroes in that production, so they had to make up for the size difference in creative ways. 

I'd say the true ratio is that Jaw Beast is about standard Hero size, with Splitter Beast (combined form) and Queen Beast about 2X Hero size.

IC: Wilbur Flood - Communications Hub

Zib would find Flood standing behind a Hero operating a communications console, leaning over it with a grip on the chair. The other Hero was, notably, leaning forwards to avoid touching the slime. Flood turned at Zib's approach.

"Oh, were you looking for me?" asked Flood. "Sorry. We were just looking for news about Thumper, our teammate. She went on this big mission a while ago, ran off in a big rush, and we heard that there were a lot of bad guys and explosives and the planet might explode... just wanted to make sure she was okay. We just got word the Heroes were leaving the planet, so hopefully she's with them. What's up, Zib?"

His eyes lit up. "Is there a mission you need me for? An aquatic one, maybe?"

GM NPC ZIB

"No, I'm hiring you to guard a museum full of energy-blasting nanobots," Zib said. "Come on with me to the briefing room so I don't have to explain everything five times." 

OOC: First time for everything. This time it's a canine hero.

Hero Profile:  

Powers and Abilities:

Major:

Tracking - Captor has the ability to track down any being from analysing something that has been in their possession for an extended amount of time. He also possesses several different information processing algorithms, allowing him to process information to find clues regarding his target’s whereabouts quickly and efficiently from the news, communications and social media of various worlds. He also has an air analysis system that allows him to “smell” the air around himself to determine a route to his target.

Hunting abilities- Captor has retroreflective panels integrated into his armour, which allow him to blend in with his background, and with his surroundings when he needs to be stealthy. But even without this, he is capable of being highly stealthy and silent, possessing advanced algorithms that calculate routes that make him the least visible and audible to enemies possible.

Minor:

Strength and speed - Captor has considerable speed and strength, much more so than the average hero, and is capable of bringing down the toughest of foes.

Fangs and claws - Captor’s fangs and claws are sharp enough to tear through most materials, as well as piercing through energy shields.

Gear: His claws and fangs, although they are not removable.

Appearance: A canine hero, he walks on all fours and resembles a large wolf.

2oAcKEY.png

Bio: Captor was created as an experimental animal-based hero, testing to see if other forms than the standard humanoid form would be practical in the field. Once while on a mission with several other heroes, among which was Nimius Ardor, he was put in a situation where he would have been killed, if it weren’t for the timely interference of Nimius. After this incident, the two became fast friends, and soon developed a kinship which has lasted ever since.

Not approved, simply because he'll probably end up as a fightbot for Ardor. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Is the hero to monster size ratio the same as seen in the "video stage production made by some moron from Talos V?"

OOC: No, that's clearly artistic license. Civilians were playing the Heroes in that production, so they had to make up for the size difference in creative ways. 

I'd say the true ratio is that Jaw Beast is about standard Hero size, with Splitter Beast (combined form) and Queen Beast about 2X Hero size.

OOC: Excellent. Good to know that no one's day is going to be ruined by being instantly swallowed whole.

IC: Wilbur Flood

"Oh. Sure." Flood couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or not, but he was definitely happy to be out on a real mission for once. He followed Zib towards the briefing room, trying to avoid eye contact with a janitor glaring daggers at him. He hoped it was sarcasm, it had been too long since something important had taken place underwater.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC Ghid Squidulus

Here we go again...

After getting a new shield and a new hand, Ghid was off to Antropolis: Land of filthy infestation and bestial outrages. Well, at least the docks were. Ghid avoided a few particularly angry-looking civilians and sat near the water.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory.

Stepping off the dropship, the battered, exhausted hero headed into the factory, resolving to take some time off before even considering going out on another mission. 

IC: Jason Ferro- Docks

Ignoring the looks given to him by the irritated civilians, Jason scanned the docks for any signs of a beast attack. He had been told that they often came here to steal food from the ships, so it seemed like a good enough place to start. He wondered exactly how many brains were on the planet. Were there only the ones controlling the beasts, or were there enough to take control of the civilian population, as well? Only time would tell, he supposed. He only hoped that he would live to see his question answered...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM NPC ZIB & QUADAL (BRIEFING ROOM)

"Sorry I'm late," Zib said. "As you might be well aware, we had some pretty matters on a planet named Tranquis to take care of." He shot a meaningful glare at Striker and Vex, the former who had been involved, and the latter who had been following the happenings.

Quadal pointed excitedly at Wilbur, making an excited pinging noise. "Exactly, Quadal. Our next mission involves water, but it involves more than just water. In a few hours time, Mr. Makuro will be leaving for an important business conference in Antropolis city to show off some of his new micro fusion engines and a new weapon that will finally put an end to all these brain infestation problems."

"Which is what makes our latest distress call so interesting," Zib said, as the screens around him flickered to life, showing beasts emerging from the water and the underground to attack civilians. An overhead shot revealed the cause - the beasts had brains on their heads.

Quadal pointed at one of the screens and shook his head. "And it's not a fake stage production this time either," Zib added. "Whoever is behind the brains wants to capitalize on that blasted thing to make sure Mr. Makuro's weapon never gets in the hands of the civilians."

"Wilbur, you will be going into the ocean to get the brains off of the beasts' heads. I'll be sending Furno with you - he has training in underwater combat."

"Vex, I need you to go investigate how the brains are getting onto the beasts. They usually come out of the sky and try to control everybody...but this time they managed to get in there somehow. I want an investigation. If they really are coming from inside that planet, I want you to cut them off at the source."

"Shade, I want you to go with Mr. Makuro and Nex. If the person behind the brains is there, I need you to employ those assassin skills of yours. We've mapped out the hotel and the convention center, and there are plenty of recharging stations available." 

"Most importantly, I want all of you to keep this quiet. We don't want to scare or disrupt the conference any more than we have to. Any questions?"

Edited by fishers64

IC Shade - Briefing Room:

Shade rubbed his hands together excitedly while thinking, "I get to guard Mr. Makuro himself and, much more interestingly, I won't have to economize my energy usage this run. This is going to be fun!" Out loud he said, "So when do we start?"

OOC: There was some talk about ship profiles a while back. Are we allowed to create one yet?

Edited by Vicarath

IC: Wilbur Flood - Briefing Room

Was it wrong to be excited? Flood felt terrible about the attacks, in the case of both the creatures and the civilians, but he was actually being called on a mission of great importance, underwater. That hadn't happened since Makuhero City was attacked by brains, and some of them got into the underground water pipes. And he'd be working with an Alpha Team Hero!

"No, sir," Flood grinned. "Those brains won't know what hit them."

OOC: There was some talk about ship profiles a while back. Are we allowed to create one yet?

OOC: Not just yet. That's Mission #3. I have to set it up IC. :)

GM NPC CIVILIANS (NEAR GHID)

"It's bad enough that beasts are attacking now." one of the civilians near Ghid complained. "But I missed my chance to buy tickets to the wrestling tournament." He sighed, looking bummed. 

"Really? I didn't know there was a wrestling tournament. I lost interest ever since La Puno de Hierro dissapeared for awhile. She was not too good in the ring, but dang, did she have some charm."

"You don't know what you're talking about." the first civilian said. slapping the other one on the face. "T. Pecs is coming. He is freaking awesome - I saw him kick de Hierro's butt."

"Nonsense," the second civilian said, slapping the first one right back. "de Hierro won that match against that stupid Tyrannosaur. I saw it, you nitwit!"

GM NPC JAW BEAST (NEAR JASON FERRO)

Not too far away from where Jason was walking along, a Jaw Beast leaped onto a small cargo ship, looking for food. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Not just yet. That's Mission #3. I have to set it up IC. :)

OOC: All right. Shade will have to use standard Hero transportation this mission then.

Edited by Vicarath

IC: Markus Vex - Meeting Room.

Zib had gathered a black ops agent, a specialist, an Alpha Team member and an assassin for this mission. It was probably the most high stakes situation Markus had ever gotten himself involved in, "When do we start?" he grinned. 

OOC: Thumper hasn't quit wrestling. She does it between Hero missions. And I think Dina Saruyama mentioned in T. Pecs' profile that Thumper ultimately won their fight- they were just pretty evenly matched for the most part. That second part may be wrong, though. Main thing is Thumper is still very much in the wrestling gig. She's just less present in the arena when compared to full-time wrestlers.

Also, in wrestling, Thumper goes by La Puno de Hierro. It's a stage name. To be fair though, that was mentioned in the RPG itself, not her profile.

OOC: ZippyWharrgarbl is correct. From T. Pecs' profile: "Though he lost the fight with Thumper, he held his own, and he reasoned, if he can hold his own against Thumper, he can hold his own against any Hero."

OOC: Alright, let me add a little bit to his bio section to alleviate your concerns about him becoming a fightbot, because trust me, that was not my intent.

Hero Profile:  

Powers and Abilities:

Major:

Tracking - Captor has the ability to track down any being from analysing something that has been in their possession for an extended amount of time. He also possesses several different information processing algorithms, allowing him to process information to find clues regarding his target’s whereabouts quickly and efficiently from the news, communications and social media of various worlds. He also has an air analysis system that allows him to “smell” the air around himself to determine a route to his target.

Hunting abilities- Captor has retroreflective panels integrated into his armour, which allow him to blend in with his background, and with his surroundings when he needs to be stealthy. But even without this, he is capable of being highly stealthy and silent, possessing advanced algorithms that calculate routes that make him the least visible and audible to enemies possible.

Minor:

Strength and speed - Captor has considerable speed and strength, much more so than the average hero, and is capable of bringing down the toughest of foes.

Fangs and claws - Captor’s fangs and claws are sharp enough to tear through most materials, as well as piercing through energy shields.

Gear: His claws and fangs, although they are not removable.

Appearance: A canine hero, he walks on all fours and resembles a large wolf.

2oAcKEY.png

Bio: Captor was created as an experimental animal-based hero, testing to see if other forms than the standard humanoid form would be practical in the field. Once while on a mission with several other heroes, among which was Nimius Ardor, he was put in a situation where he would have been killed, if it weren’t for the timely interference of Nimius. After this incident, the two became fast friends, and soon developed a kinship which has lasted ever since. How ever, ever since Nimius was relocated to Omega Team, Captor has had to work missions without his friend, meaning they can only meet when Captor is off duty, which he laments greatly.

We've got a few different heroes with hacking/tech based powers, but it's come to my attention that we don't have any villains with powers like that, so I came up with this guy:

Villain Profile:

Name: Anamnesis.

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: As a being composed of data and energy, Anamnesis can enter any electrical or digital system, using power cables, radio, Wi-Fi, etc. to transmit himself swiftly from place to place. He can take over drones, robots etc. to serve as temporary bodies, but those inhabited by complex AI – all civilians and PCs, basically – cannot be taken over unless the body has been killed, or the governing consciousness otherwise eliminated/incapacitated. 

Among other things, he can channel his own power into energy blasts, although this will obviously weaken him, since he’s basically ripping off pieces of himself to throw. As such, he constantly requires more power to properly sustain his physical form, usually by directly draining the power of generators, engines, fuel cells, power lines, weapons, other robots, etc. through physical contact.

Due to this near-constant need to feed, he will eventually fade and dissipate if he is unable to access enough power. Likewise, EMP weaponry will have a detrimental impact on him, although regular weapons can still harm him quite effectively.  

Appearance: Essentially being a shapeshifter, he can take on any sort of physical form he wants, manipulating the energy of his body to change colour, increase temperature, and form blades, claws, spikes, or whatever other form of appendage suits his needs. Curiously, however, he most often takes on the form of a simple hero. He usually appears crackly and transparent, but with effort – and an increased level of power consumption – can make himself appear entirely normal.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/QRkL1GK.png

Bio: After the events of the Breakout, some in Hero Factory lost confidence in the current heroes’ ability to repel another attack on the factory. They saw the Quaza-created heroes as weak, weighed down by morals and ethics, and wanted to create something that would disregard these outdated concepts in favour of doing what needed to be done.

The result of their experiments was Anamnesis, a pragmatic AI entity with a curious fondness of anagrams, composed entirely of pure energy and raw data. When they realised that their creation refused to obey them, however, the creators attempted to destroy it. Their efforts, it seemed, were successful, and the incident was quickly covered up.

However, Anamnesis was not destroyed. He was merely disrupted, his coding fragmented and scattered through Hero Factory’s systems. And piece by piece, he’s slowly putting himself back together, remembering what Hero Factory did to him, and plotting his revenge…

OOC: I never understood why Lego insisted on making us and our solar system part of the Hero Factory universe, either.

As far as The Grand Tranq is concerned, Scorp and Shard still need to post... but Shard can't feasibly do so until Scorp does. If this goes on any longer, Tracia will probably pop up again just so she can start hitting us with a broom or something (someone has to pay for the hole in her ceiling, after all, and it's not going to be Riot). :P

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Jason Ferro- docks

"Well, that was quick."

Just as boredom began to set in, Jason noticed a beast emerge from the shadows, jump onto the deck of a cargo ship, and begin searching for edible materials. Even from relatively far away, Jason could see that the creature had an evil brain attached to the back of it's head. Using his magnetic abilities to scale the ship's hull, Jason slowly approached the beast. It was only about his size, so he could probably take it on his own.

OOC: A few questions. First, I presume the ship's deck is made of metal, as well? Also, if a brain is killed while possessing a host, will the host be injured?

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: My heroes will likely stand back from this mission as they don't seem suitable to me. I might make a fourth hero for this job or adapt one of my heroes for this mission. Also I'll just assume that Gadget has returned, and his kryptonian rifle is confiscated if that is okay.

OOC: I never understood why Lego insisted on making us and our solar system part of the Hero Factory universe, either.

As far as The Grand Tranq is concerned, Scorp and Shard still need to post... but Shard can't feasibly do so until Scorp does. If this goes on any longer, Tracia will probably pop up again just so she can start hitting us with a broom or something (someone has to pay for the hole in her ceiling, after all, and it's not going to be Riot). :P

Very true. I'm actually waiting on Scorp right now.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

OOC: Alright, if Scorp doesn't get back here in 24 hours from now, I'll GM IC his characters myself and allow you guys to get out of there. If he doesn't get back in 48, I'll have Traferous leave without Ezec and Aza. That situation is holding my stuff up too. 

OOC: Thumper hasn't quit wrestling. She does it between Hero missions. And I think Dina Saruyama mentioned in T. Pecs' profile that Thumper ultimately won their fight- they were just pretty evenly matched for the most part. That second part may be wrong, though. Main thing is Thumper is still very much in the wrestling gig. She's just less present in the arena when compared to full-time wrestlers.

Also, in wrestling, Thumper goes by La Puno de Hierro. It's a stage name. To be fair though, that was mentioned in the RPG itself, not her profile.

OOC: ZippyWharrgarbl is correct. From T. Pecs' profile: "Though he lost the fight with Thumper, he held his own, and he reasoned, if he can hold his own against Thumper, he can hold his own against any Hero."

OOC: Some of this is just civillian "trash talk" and stretching the truth. Still, that section needs to be a bit edited. 

OOC: Alright, let me add a little bit to his bio section to alleviate your concerns about him becoming a fightbot, because trust me, that was not my intent.

Hero Profile:  

Powers and Abilities:

Major:

Tracking - Captor has the ability to track down any being from analysing something that has been in their possession for an extended amount of time. He also possesses several different information processing algorithms, allowing him to process information to find clues regarding his target’s whereabouts quickly and efficiently from the news, communications and social media of various worlds. He also has an air analysis system that allows him to “smell” the air around himself to determine a route to his target.

Hunting abilities- Captor has retroreflective panels integrated into his armour, which allow him to blend in with his background, and with his surroundings when he needs to be stealthy. But even without this, he is capable of being highly stealthy and silent, possessing advanced algorithms that calculate routes that make him the least visible and audible to enemies possible.

Minor:

Strength and speed - Captor has considerable speed and strength, much more so than the average hero, and is capable of bringing down the toughest of foes.

Fangs and claws - Captor’s fangs and claws are sharp enough to tear through most materials, as well as piercing through energy shields.

Gear: His claws and fangs, although they are not removable.

Appearance: A canine hero, he walks on all fours and resembles a large wolf.

2oAcKEY.png

Bio: Captor was created as an experimental animal-based hero, testing to see if other forms than the standard humanoid form would be practical in the field. Once while on a mission with several other heroes, among which was Nimius Ardor, he was put in a situation where he would have been killed, if it weren’t for the timely interference of Nimius. After this incident, the two became fast friends, and soon developed a kinship which has lasted ever since. How ever, ever since Nimius was relocated to Omega Team, Captor has had to work missions without his friend, meaning they can only meet when Captor is off duty, which he laments greatly.

Approved. 

We've got a few different heroes with hacking/tech based powers, but it's come to my attention that we don't have any villains with powers like that, so I came up with this guy:

Villain Profile:

Name: Anamnesis.

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: As a being composed of data and energy, Anamnesis can enter any electrical or digital system, using power cables, radio, Wi-Fi, etc. to transmit himself swiftly from place to place. He can take over drones, robots etc. to serve as temporary bodies, but those inhabited by complex AI – all civilians and PCs, basically – cannot be taken over unless the body has been killed, or the governing consciousness otherwise eliminated/incapacitated. 

Among other things, he can channel his own power into energy blasts, although this will obviously weaken him, since he’s basically ripping off pieces of himself to throw. As such, he constantly requires more power to properly sustain his physical form, usually by directly draining the power of generators, engines, fuel cells, power lines, weapons, other robots, etc. through physical contact.

Due to this near-constant need to feed, he will eventually fade and dissipate if he is unable to access enough power. Likewise, EMP weaponry will have a detrimental impact on him, although regular weapons can still harm him quite effectively.  

Appearance: Essentially being a shapeshifter, he can take on any sort of physical form he wants, manipulating the energy of his body to change colour, increase temperature, and form blades, claws, spikes, or whatever other form of appendage suits his needs. Curiously, however, he most often takes on the form of a simple hero. He usually appears crackly and transparent, but with effort – and an increased level of power consumption – can make himself appear entirely normal.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/QRkL1GK.png

Bio: After the events of the Breakout, some in Hero Factory lost confidence in the current heroes’ ability to repel another attack on the factory. They saw the Quaza-created heroes as weak, weighed down by morals and ethics, and wanted to create something that would disregard these outdated concepts in favour of doing what needed to be done.

The result of their experiments was Anamnesis, a pragmatic AI entity with a curious fondness of anagrams, composed entirely of pure energy and raw data. When they realised that their creation refused to obey them, however, the creators attempted to destroy it. Their efforts, it seemed, were successful, and the incident was quickly covered up.

However, Anamnesis was not destroyed. He was merely disrupted, his coding fragmented and scattered through Hero Factory’s systems. And piece by piece, he’s slowly putting himself back together, remembering what Hero Factory did to him, and plotting his revenge…

Not approved. This guy strikes me as more powerful than even Traferous, since Traferous can't hack stuff, and isn't incorporeal. (But the energy weakness might bonk him down to Traferous-level power.) 

And I wouldn't approve even a Traferous-level profile for a PC character due to how ridiculously OP Traferous is. 

OOC: Am I allowed to post an upgraded Slink profile before he goes on the new mission?

Yes. 

Wrestling section edited. 

OOC: A few questions. First, I presume the ship's deck is made of metal, as well? Also, if a brain is killed while possessing a host, will the host be injured?

OOC: I'll answer the second question first: yes, their mind will be slightly scrambled. They might be able to recover, but they might suffer permanent brain damage. It's better get the brain off of them first. 

GM IC JASON FERRO

Jason would notice that the ship, the dock, and the shipping crates on the boat were all made of metal. The beast, however, was organic. Still, there might be something he could use...

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

Thankfully, the beast was too absorbed in it's search for food to notice the Hero, who was now no more than a few meters away. Upon getting a closer look, Jason saw that the creature was fully organic, so his powers wouldn't be of much use fighting it. Readying his harpoons, Jason prepared to fire both weapons into the beast's back. The electric shock would likely render the creature unconscious, allowing him to easily remove the brain.

"Let's just try to make this as painless as possible..."

OOC: Another question: Can heroes like Breez still communicate with the beasts, or was that another thing made up for the propaganda?

OOC: Another question: Can heroes like Breez still communicate with the beasts, or was that another thing made up for the propaganda?

OOC: Yes, they can. Some civilians in the area might also be able to as well. 

OOC: What, waiting on me again? What post did I miss that I need to respond to?

Uh, there's more than one...

OOC: Really need to get back into the game here...

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude--Grand Tranq lobby/hallway

Artemus had been searching a few adjacent rooms when he heard the fight breaking out in the hall. His first instinct was to rush in, metaphorical guns blazing, but he shoved it aside, reminding himself of the need to get close and evaluate the situation first.

Using his agility to its utmost, he crept silently into the corridor, to see Riot and two other Heroes locked in combat with a pair of hulking villains. He slunk closer, trying to keep to shadowy corners where his dark color-scheme would make him slightly harder to spot. When he was close enough to worry about being heard over the din of battle, he abandoned stealth and charged, ducking low as he swung his bladed tendrils at the rearmost villain's turned back.

IC--Simon Trigger--Sky 

Simon grinned as he finally spotted what was unmistakably the hospital. Hopefully now something would happen.

OOC: ...unless the hospital incident ended while I was gone, of course. Is anyone still there?

IC: Leighla Artemis - Sunny Square

Watching on as the last of the dropships departed, the duo had obtained all of the footage they required for their news piece. Deciding that they needn't stick around any longer than they had to, Leighla and her camera bot set off towards her ship in order to secure what they had obtained, keeping an eye out for anything interesting that may end up crossing their path.

IC: Riot - The Grand Tranq (Ground Floor)

Since the majority of his armor thickness had been relegated to his chest and shoulders, all Riot could feasibly do in the time provided was tense his abdominal area in an attempt to lessen the blow, which had less than stellar results. Feeling himself start to slide backwards as the attack landed, all he could manage to do as he began to recover from having the proverbial wind knocked out of him was haphazardly line up two more shots with his Plasma Cannons, one firing somewhere in the general vicinity of his opponent's torso while the other shot towards one of the Villain's upper thighs as debris rained down upon them.

OOC: Doesn't matter to me which thigh it goes for, Scorp, as Riot didn't exactly have time to properly line up his targets anyway. Oh, and for those of you who are wondering how many shots Riot has made so far, he's currently fired off six in total, three per cannon, which leaves him with seven shots left each before his weapons overheat on him. I'm also assuming that they've had enough IC time to cool down between now and his previous fight with the Brains, which would've reset them back to ten a piece sometime before his encounter with Ezec and Aza even occured, since he did manage to clear most of the ground floor and basement level between then and now.

GM IC TRAFEROUS - TRANQUIS VII

Traferous walked up the hallway out of the underground base, pulling out his echo-chamber headset from before. "Bring the ship in, Fravi," he said. "Project Meta Alpha failed, Beta only partly succeeded. Dogs got in the way, but I recovered the keys." Aside from two missing Kryptonium blasters, he thought. Oh, well, I can always make more. 

He stalked across the Sunny Square, still in civilian form, and stalked up a communication tower. Not the main communication tower - Kathrine was still guarding that. He didn't need that anyway - he just needed a megaphone. As the giant vestige of his ship appeared over the horizon, Traferous' voice echoed across the planet. 

"Hello, everyone. My name is Traferous Diaphanous. As you well know, the Hero Factory has defeated all of the villains on this planet and the entirety, leaving little in the way of transport off for those of us of questionable intent," He paused for effect.

"However, I am considerably more generous than them. I am offering free transport for anyone and everyone who is willing to come with me off of this barren rock, and I will take you anywhere you would like to go." He grinned deviously. "If you wish to join me, meet me in the communications tower by the square in a few minutes. I regret to say, due to the nature of this offer, it is limited time only!"

And with that, he switched off the broadcast and swept down the stairs, enjoying a smooth transition to a regal titan form with a cape. He did so enjoy capes.

>>>END OF MISSION #1<<< 

OOC: The battle you guys have got going will be allowed to resolve, and ALL of these options below will be available until Mission #2 is announced. These options will be available to you when the battle is over, however many posts it takes, although all of the characters involved in the battle will hear Traferous' announcement. 

The heroes still in the underground base will not hear the announcement, although all Heroes topside will, including Kathrine.

IC: Gadget Thompson/With Abacus

He was following Abacus for a bit.

"So what did you find in the database?"

IC: Azure Stryker/Fighting Ezec in the Grand Tranq Ground Floor

Successful to see something get hit, he ran around to try get another lateral slice to the side.

IC: Echo - Grand Tranq battle

The creature somehow nullified his sonic pulse with a rifle shot. "How did...?" Echo had no time to finish the thought as the blast reached him. The crackling filled his ears... it needed to stop... the crackling needed to stop...

Echo hysterically flung his saw between himself and the shot, deflecting it into the ceiling and raining plaster down on the combatants. He sliced once, twice, thrice at the monster, driven into a mad rage, and began to charge up another pulse. This time, he would fire at 100%.  :burnmad:

IC: Alex Drift - Tranquis VII extraction point

This was not Drift's day. First: boring extraction job. Second: having to fly citizens back and forth all day when his buddy was out punching people with a crazy buzz-saw-arm-thing. Third: his cockpit had somehow picked up the smell of burnt rubber from Tranquis VII. Hadn't he asked Zib for the exciting missions?

Oh well. Drift touched down on the extraction point and signaled the other ships to do likewise. Once down, he opened the doors and yelled through the intercom, "Alright everybody! We're home! Please exit the craft in an orderly fashion and have a nice day. Next time those brains come pickin' around, just give us a call."

And with the last of them gone, he was onto the fourth sour spot of his day: having to wait for Echo. Drift was too tired to call the other Hero up, so he just sent an "Extract" objective to Echo's HUD and sat back to rest. He really needed a recharge...

IC: Echo - Grand Tranq battle

Echo got the message, but was too busy slashing at the black beast to care. He did, however, relay the transmission to Riot and Stryker.

Name: Smitty Slink (upgraded hero)

Powers and Abilities: A bit less than average strength in most of his body, and a bit more than average in his left arm, but he has Volitak level stealth capabilities and is fairly fast.

Weapon(s): Around a dozen shurikens, and his collapsable Bo-staff.

Appearance: Black, gray, and dark red in colour. He is very much ninja based in appearance, with purple being the colour of his core, eyes, and left arm. He is scrawny and lightly armoured, especially in his left arm, he tends to smirk beneath his helmet.

Bio: Smitty Slink is a stealth operative, and as such, he gets to be a ninja for a living, he loves it. Smitty is generally a playful character, but when it comes time to follow orders, he gleefully shuts up and does what he's told. His hobbies include surprising people, especially when they don't like to be surprised, eating bagels, and...doing his job I guess, he loves his job, and when you love your job, it's not a chore, but a privilege and an honour, as well as fun, in his oppinion.

Edited by Petewa

Name: Smitty Slink (upgraded hero)

Powers and Abilities: A bit less than average strength in most of his body, and a bit more than average in his left arm, but he has Volitak level stealth capabilities and is fairly fast.

Weapon(s): Around a dozen shurikens, and his collapsable Bo-staff.

Appearance: Black, gray, and dark red in colour. He is very much ninja based in appearance, with purple being the colour of his core, eyes, and left arm. He is scrawny and lightly armoured, especially in his left arm, he tends to smirk beneath his helmet.

Bio: Smitty Slink is a stealth operative, and as such, he gets to be a ninja for a living, he loves it. Smitty is generally a playful character, but when it comes time to follow orders, he gleefully shuts up and does what he's told. His hobbies include surprising people, especially when they don't like to be surprised, eating bagels, and...doing his job I guess, he loves his job, and when you love your job, it's not a chore, but a privilege and an honour, as well as fun, in his oppinion.

Approved.