fishers64

IC Ghid Squidulus

Ah, the salty air. Too bad water and exposed robotics didn't mix well. There was sand, small sea creatures, a jaw beast attacking a cargo freighter a ways off, and we can't forget about Mr. Makuro's meeting!

Wait a minute...

Ghid nearly toppled over as he leaped to his feet, then began racing down the dockside towards the freighter in an attempt to stahp the beastie.

IC: Nimius Ardor and Captor

Nimius walked into the briefing room with a flair of superiority, his cape slightly billowing from the air rushing around him in his swift and graceful entrance. His friend and companion, Captor, walked in with him a sense of fearlessness and pride to his motions as he walked alongside the Omega Team leader.

"Zib, please tell me there's some villain somewhere trying to destroy the galaxy by collapsing its dark matter structures into a meta-singularity or something. I've grown tired of waiting for another galaxy wide catastrophe to stretch my legs outside the factory." Nimius said, his deep and commanding voice carrying a hint of impatience. Captor's gaze meanwhile scanned the room, eyeing the others present.

Not approved. This guy strikes me as more powerful than even Traferous, since Traferous can't hack stuff, and isn't incorporeal. (But the energy weakness might bonk him down to Traferous-level power.) 

And I wouldn't approve even a Traferous-level profile for a PC character due to how ridiculously OP Traferous is. 

OOC: Um... okay... That's weird, considering I put quite a substantial amount of effort into making him far less OP than Traferous is, while remaining unique and interesting. I'm also somewhat confused as to where you're getting the idea of him being incorporeal from... 

Regardless, I've had a few people express interest in seeing this character approved, so I'm wondering what exactly I'd need to change/remove/edit in order for that to become possible? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I've been meaning to ask, but was there some kind of timeskip already? Since Ghidora's on the planet and all.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Another question: Can heroes like Breez still communicate with the beasts, or was that another thing made up for the propaganda?

OOC: Yes, they can. Some civilians in the area might also be able to as well. 

OOC: What, waiting on me again? What post did I miss that I need to respond to?

Uh, there's more than one...

OOC: Really need to get back into the game here...

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude--Grand Tranq lobby/hallway

Artemus had been searching a few adjacent rooms when he heard the fight breaking out in the hall. His first instinct was to rush in, metaphorical guns blazing, but he shoved it aside, reminding himself of the need to get close and evaluate the situation first.

Using his agility to its utmost, he crept silently into the corridor, to see Riot and two other Heroes locked in combat with a pair of hulking villains. He slunk closer, trying to keep to shadowy corners where his dark color-scheme would make him slightly harder to spot. When he was close enough to worry about being heard over the din of battle, he abandoned stealth and charged, ducking low as he swung his bladed tendrils at the rearmost villain's turned back.

IC--Simon Trigger--Sky 

Simon grinned as he finally spotted what was unmistakably the hospital. Hopefully now something would happen.

OOC: ...unless the hospital incident ended while I was gone, of course. Is anyone still there?

IC: Leighla Artemis - Sunny Square

Watching on as the last of the dropships departed, the duo had obtained all of the footage they required for their news piece. Deciding that they needn't stick around any longer than they had to, Leighla and her camera bot set off towards her ship in order to secure what they had obtained, keeping an eye out for anything interesting that may end up crossing their path.

IC: Riot - The Grand Tranq (Ground Floor)

Since the majority of his armor thickness had been relegated to his chest and shoulders, all Riot could feasibly do in the time provided was tense his abdominal area in an attempt to lessen the blow, which had less than stellar results. Feeling himself start to slide backwards as the attack landed, all he could manage to do as he began to recover from having the proverbial wind knocked out of him was haphazardly line up two more shots with his Plasma Cannons, one firing somewhere in the general vicinity of his opponent's torso while the other shot towards one of the Villain's upper thighs as debris rained down upon them.

OOC: Doesn't matter to me which thigh it goes for, Scorp, as Riot didn't exactly have time to properly line up his targets anyway. Oh, and for those of you who are wondering how many shots Riot has made so far, he's currently fired off six in total, three per cannon, which leaves him with seven shots left each before his weapons overheat on him. I'm also assuming that they've had enough IC time to cool down between now and his previous fight with the Brains, which would've reset them back to ten a piece sometime before his encounter with Ezec and Aza even occured, since he did manage to clear most of the ground floor and basement level between then and now.

GM IC TRAFEROUS - TRANQUIS VII

Traferous walked up the hallway out of the underground base, pulling out his echo-chamber headset from before. "Bring the ship in, Fravi," he said. "Project Meta Alpha failed, Beta only partly succeeded. Dogs got in the way, but I recovered the keys." Aside from two missing Kryptonium blasters, he thought. Oh, well, I can always make more. 

He stalked across the Sunny Square, still in civilian form, and stalked up a communication tower. Not the main communication tower - Kathrine was still guarding that. He didn't need that anyway - he just needed a megaphone. As the giant vestige of his ship appeared over the horizon, Traferous' voice echoed across the planet. 

"Hello, everyone. My name is Traferous Diaphanous. As you well know, the Hero Factory has defeated all of the villains on this planet and the entirety, leaving little in the way of transport off for those of us of questionable intent," He paused for effect.

"However, I am considerably more generous than them. I am offering free transport for anyone and everyone who is willing to come with me off of this barren rock, and I will take you anywhere you would like to go." He grinned deviously. "If you wish to join me, meet me in the communications tower by the square in a few minutes. I regret to say, due to the nature of this offer, it is limited time only!"

And with that, he switched off the broadcast and swept down the stairs, enjoying a smooth transition to a regal titan form with a cape. He did so enjoy capes.

>>>END OF MISSION #1<<< 

OOC: The battle you guys have got going will be allowed to resolve, and ALL of these options below will be available until Mission #2 is announced. These options will be available to you when the battle is over, however many posts it takes, although all of the characters involved in the battle will hear Traferous' announcement. 

The heroes still in the underground base will not hear the announcement, although all Heroes topside will, including Kathrine.

IC: Gadget Thompson/With Abacus

He was following Abacus for a bit.

"So what did you find in the database?"

IC: Azure Stryker/Fighting Ezec in the Grand Tranq Ground Floor

Successful to see something get hit, he ran around to try get another lateral slice to the side.

IC: Echo - Grand Tranq battle

The creature somehow nullified his sonic pulse with a rifle shot. "How did...?" Echo had no time to finish the thought as the blast reached him. The crackling filled his ears... it needed to stop... the crackling needed to stop...

Echo hysterically flung his saw between himself and the shot, deflecting it into the ceiling and raining plaster down on the combatants. He sliced once, twice, thrice at the monster, driven into a mad rage, and began to charge up another pulse. This time, he would fire at 100%.  :burnmad:

IC: Alex Drift - Tranquis VII extraction point

This was not Drift's day. First: boring extraction job. Second: having to fly citizens back and forth all day when his buddy was out punching people with a crazy buzz-saw-arm-thing. Third: his cockpit had somehow picked up the smell of burnt rubber from Tranquis VII. Hadn't he asked Zib for the exciting missions?

Oh well. Drift touched down on the extraction point and signaled the other ships to do likewise. Once down, he opened the doors and yelled through the intercom, "Alright everybody! We're home! Please exit the craft in an orderly fashion and have a nice day. Next time those brains come pickin' around, just give us a call."

And with the last of them gone, he was onto the fourth sour spot of his day: having to wait for Echo. Drift was too tired to call the other Hero up, so he just sent an "Extract" objective to Echo's HUD and sat back to rest. He really needed a recharge...

IC: Echo - Grand Tranq battle

Echo got the message, but was too busy slashing at the black beast to care. He did, however, relay the transmission to Riot and Stryker.

OOC: Whoa, alright, that's quite the chunk of posts.Honestly, I'm pushing too many character's, so I'm gonna put these two to bed.

IC God Twins:

Under the onslaught, and still worn from their previous battles, both Ezec and Aza dropped.

GM NPC ZIB

"I'm afraid the mission I'm talking about isn't exactly for you, Nimus," Zib said. "However, I do think I have something you might be interested in." A screen showed a huge battle cruiser bristling with lights and hi-tech weaponry. "That might be more up your alley. It just pulled up next to Tranquis VII and apparently is owned by an evil villain organization. Why don't you two take a camoflaging dropship and go investigate?"

He then turned back to the others in the briefing room. "Shade, Mr. Makuro will be down at the dropship launching area in twenty minutes. I expect you to meet him there. Vex and Striker, if you're going, you'll need to take a pair of Hero Pods that we've designed to cloak. Please try to land them safely and avoid drawing attention. Wilbur, you need to report to the dropship bay too, but please try to stay out of the eyes of the media and meet Furno there."

"Go!"

------------------------------------

We've got a few different heroes with hacking/tech based powers, but it's come to my attention that we don't have any villains with powers like that, so I came up with this guy:

Villain Profile:

Name: Anamnesis.

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: As a being composed of data and energy, Anamnesis can enter any electrical or digital system, using power cables, radio, Wi-Fi, etc. to transmit himself swiftly from place to place. He can take over drones, robots etc. to serve as temporary bodies, but those inhabited by complex AI – all civilians and PCs, basically – cannot be taken over unless the body has been killed, or the governing consciousness otherwise eliminated/incapacitated. 

Among other things, he can channel his own power into energy blasts, although this will obviously weaken him, since he’s basically ripping off pieces of himself to throw. As such, he constantly requires more power to properly sustain his physical form, usually by directly draining the power of generators, engines, fuel cells, power lines, weapons, other robots, etc. through physical contact.

Due to this near-constant need to feed, he will eventually fade and dissipate if he is unable to access enough power. Likewise, EMP weaponry will have a detrimental impact on him, although regular weapons can still harm him quite effectively.  

Appearance: Essentially being a shapeshifter, he can take on any sort of physical form he wants, manipulating the energy of his body to change colour, increase temperature, and form blades, claws, spikes, or whatever other form of appendage suits his needs. Curiously, however, he most often takes on the form of a simple hero. He usually appears crackly and transparent, but with effort – and an increased level of power consumption – can make himself appear entirely normal.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/QRkL1GK.png

Bio: After the events of the Breakout, some in Hero Factory lost confidence in the current heroes’ ability to repel another attack on the factory. They saw the Quaza-created heroes as weak, weighed down by morals and ethics, and wanted to create something that would disregard these outdated concepts in favour of doing what needed to be done.

The result of their experiments was Anamnesis, a pragmatic AI entity with a curious fondness of anagrams, composed entirely of pure energy and raw data. When they realised that their creation refused to obey them, however, the creators attempted to destroy it. Their efforts, it seemed, were successful, and the incident was quickly covered up.

However, Anamnesis was not destroyed. He was merely disrupted, his coding fragmented and scattered through Hero Factory’s systems. And piece by piece, he’s slowly putting himself back together, remembering what Hero Factory did to him, and plotting his revenge…

Okay. I get the concept of the computer virus thing, but let me try to break it down. It doesn't strike me as weird. This creature has the powers of: 

1) Hacking, probably at least Abacus level, if not worse - and you've seen how much Abacus can do. This is a native AI, so you'd probably argue it can do more.

2) Traferous-level shapeshifting, if not worse - Traferous is limited by the size of his pocket dimension, but if this thing gets access to the energy reserves of a whole planet or ship, it could get VERY VERY BIG.

3) Intangibility...ish? It's able to manifest itself physically, but how effective that form is could be a function of its power supply. And if I shoot a bullet at it, it could just retreat into the computer system its in with no damage.

4) Energy blasts.

How do I kill this thing? If I send Abacus after it, it may just manifest itself physically and punch Abacus in the face to stop the process. If Stringer attacks it physically, it may just retreat back into the computers again. If both happen at once, it could just escape into another computer system.

If it were JUST an AI that didn't have a physical form or the ability to just jump between computers, I might approve it.

But the best solution I would prefer by far is for this character to have a physical form with a static size. He would still be able to shapeshift and hack into computer systems and have energy blasts, but at least if someone hits his form, he'll die. That way he can still go between and hack into multiple computers.  

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

IC: Wilbur Flood

"Yes, sir!" Flood quickly headed out of the room and was about to run to the dropships when he remembered: he'd have to find a tarp or something. The last time he'd forgotten ended in having to pay for the ship's seats to be cleaned. He took a slight detour and still made it to the dropship bay in good time. Before heading in proper, he checked he had everything: blaster on his belt, harpoon securely fastened to his back. He smiled and walked in.

OOC: I agree with Fishers in that maybe a super amazing physical form isn't a good idea. I really like the idea of the guy being transferred through computers and stuff, though!

Also, if it's all right, when Thumper gets all patched up I want to alter some stuff. First, I'm probably going to give her duct tape or electrical tape or something similar. It'll do nothing for repairs, but she'll be able to cover up sparking or exposed parts and thus be less of a hazard if she ends up in some kind of water. Second, as soon as I work out how she's actually going to carry her weapons, I want to change hers from powergloves to some kind of unholy boxing glove/brass knuckles abomination. Like her last weapons, she'll probably not use them at all, but hey.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Hm, you make a fair point, and there was some stuff in there I hadn't even considered myself. I'll get to work on editing his profile. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Hm, you make a fair point, and there was some stuff in there I hadn't even considered myself. I'll get to work on editing his profile. 

OOC: That's why I'm the gamemaster. :P

Nah, the only thing separating us is a thin veil of luck. I imagine that we will be on the opposite sides of the table one of these days. :)

GM NPC FURNO (IN BREAKOUT FORM - W/WILBUR)

"Hey, buddy," Furno didn't try to shake Flood's hand - he knew how awkward that was for him. "Looks like we're going for a swim. Hopefully there won't be any oxidium this time. I hate that stuff."

Edited by fishers64

IC: Splint

Splint lethargically rose from his seat and exited the dropship he was on. He wasn't very tired, on account of his large energy reserves, but the pain from the massive dent in his back had left him feeling drained. He started making his way to the infirmary. As soon as he was feeling better, he was going to have to see about getting some type of ranged weapon.

~Unit#phntk#1

Okay, let's try this again...

Villain Profile:

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: As a being composed almost entirely of data and energy, Anamnesis constantly requires more power to properly recharge his core and sustain his physical form, usually by directly draining generators, engines, fuel cells, power lines, weapons, other robots, etc. through physical contact. He can also use this power to generate electric/energy based attacks, however doing so will obviously drain his energy reserves significantly.  

Due to this near-constant need to feed, he will eventually fade and dissipate if he is unable to access enough power. Likewise, EMP weaponry will have a detrimental impact on him, although regular weapons can still harm him quite effectively. His nature allows him to interface with machinery and computers through touch, and he’s able to sense energy, allowing him to easily seek out sustenance.

Appearance: Essentially being a shapeshifter, he can take on any sort of physical form he wants, manipulating the energy of his body to change colour, increase temperature, and form blades, claws, spikes, or whatever other form of appendage suits his needs. This ability is limited, however, as he cannot compress his base form into anything smaller than a civilian, or expand it to be much larger than the average hero. When low on power or trying to conserve it, his form appears semi-transparent, crackling and distorted.  

Bio: After the events of the Breakout, some in Hero Factory lost confidence in the current heroes’ ability to repel another attack on the factory. They saw the current generation of heroes as weak, weighed down by outdated morals and ethics. They wanted to create a new, stronger hero, one that that would disregard these unimportant concepts in favour of simply doing what needed to be done.

While the assembly tower was closed for maintenance, the would-be revolutionaries made their move. Using a stolen Quaza core, they began their experiment, attempting to essentially hack into the consciousness housed within it and reprogram it, as well as create a body befitting of such a unique being. The end result was Anamnesis, a pragmatic entity with a curious fondness of anagrams, composed entirely of pure energy and raw data. When they realised that their creation refused to obey them, however, the creators attempted to destroy it. Their efforts, it seemed, were successful, and the incident was quickly covered up.

But Anamnesis was not destroyed, merely in hiding. Observing, learning, and waiting for the time to get revenge on those who sought to so callously cast him aside…

IC: Wilbur Flood - Dropship Bay

Flood appreciated the gesture- or lack thereof. He smiled. "I'm looking forward to working with you, Furno, sir. I'm ready to go."

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hero Factory

Thumper stepped off the dropship and barely got a chance to take in her beloved home before being yanked towards the Hero Factory proper by her irate team leader, Dorothy Quark. Quark was berating her in an endless stream, which was fair- Thumper had barely had time to leave a message before hurrying off on her mission.

"Where in the GALAXY have you been?! We have been worried SICK, Eloise Thumper!"

"Sorry, Quark," Thumper managed to get in between Quark's pauses for breath. "It was an emergency-"

"Emergency?! I'll show YOU what an emergency looks like if you ever rush off without so much as a word!"

"I wrote an email..."

"Did you hit 'Send'?"

Thumper hunched her good shoulder and grinned sheepishly. "Oops..."

"I swear, Thumper, I will take your wrestling mask away for a month if you do that again!"

OOC: Dorothy Quark isn't going to be a playable, fighting character anytime soon. Since all I've noted here is a name and status in Hero Factory- team leader- I figured it'll be all right to mention her without a character sheet. Just in case, I'll send her character sheet along when I'm on a device which can access it. Also if this isn't allowed, let me know and I'll edit out the bottom part until she gets approved.

She's not anything OP, don't worry. She's a Hero designed for space missions, her main deal is being able to survive the vacuum of space.

• Upvote 1

Okay, let's try this again...

Villain Profile:

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: As a being composed almost entirely of data and energy, Anamnesis constantly requires more power to properly recharge his core and sustain his physical form, usually by directly draining generators, engines, fuel cells, power lines, weapons, other robots, etc. through physical contact. He can also use this power to generate electric/energy based attacks, however doing so will obviously drain his energy reserves significantly.  

Due to this near-constant need to feed, he will eventually fade and dissipate if he is unable to access enough power. Likewise, EMP weaponry will have a detrimental impact on him, although regular weapons can still harm him quite effectively. His nature allows him to interface with machinery and computers through touch, and he’s able to sense energy, allowing him to easily seek out sustenance.

Appearance: Essentially being a shapeshifter, he can take on any sort of physical form he wants, manipulating the energy of his body to change colour, increase temperature, and form blades, claws, spikes, or whatever other form of appendage suits his needs. This ability is limited, however, as he cannot compress his base form into anything smaller than a civilian, or expand it to be much larger than the average hero. When low on power or trying to conserve it, his form appears semi-transparent, crackling and distorted.  

Bio: After the events of the Breakout, some in Hero Factory lost confidence in the current heroes’ ability to repel another attack on the factory. They saw the current generation of heroes as weak, weighed down by outdated morals and ethics. They wanted to create a new, stronger hero, one that that would disregard these unimportant concepts in favour of simply doing what needed to be done.

While the assembly tower was closed for maintenance, the would-be revolutionaries made their move. Using a stolen Quaza core, they began their experiment, attempting to essentially hack into the consciousness housed within it and reprogram it, as well as create a body befitting of such a unique being. The end result was Anamnesis, a pragmatic entity with a curious fondness of anagrams, composed entirely of pure energy and raw data. When they realised that their creation refused to obey them, however, the creators attempted to destroy it. Their efforts, it seemed, were successful, and the incident was quickly covered up.

But Anamnesis was not destroyed, merely in hiding. Observing, learning, and waiting for the time to get revenge on those who sought to so callously cast him aside…

Approved. 

GM NPC FURNO

"Alright, then." Furno said, walking toward a dropship that had a large pair of deflated pontoons on the bottom of it and cast open the door. "Do you mind if I drive?"

OOC: Whoa, alright, that's quite the chunk of posts.Honestly, I'm pushing too many character's, so I'm gonna put these two to bed.

IC God Twins:

Under the onslaught, and still worn from their previous battles, both Ezec and Aza dropped.

OOC: Can we say that both the twins were cuffed, and timeskip everyone to HF, if everyone involved agrees?

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

IC God Twins:

OOC: Can we say that both the twins were cuffed, and timeskip everyone to HF, if everyone involved agrees?

OOC: Yes.

OOC: Also, Fishers, Jason attacked the jaw beast a few hours ago, and Ghid is approaching the Cargo ship as well. Both posts were pretty small, so you might have missed them. If you did notice them, and are simply working on a reply, I apologize for being impatient.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

Thankfully, the beast was too absorbed in it's search for food to notice the Hero, who was now no more than a few meters away. Upon getting a closer look, Jason saw that the creature was fully organic, so his powers wouldn't be of much use fighting it. Readying his harpoons, Jason prepared to fire both weapons into the beast's back. The electric shock would likely render the creature unconscious, allowing him to easily remove the brain.

"Let's just try to make this as painless as possible..."

OOC: Another question: Can heroes like Breez still communicate with the beasts, or was that another thing made up for the propaganda?

IC Ghid Squidulus

Ah, the salty air. Too bad water and exposed robotics didn't mix well. There was sand, small sea creatures, a jaw beast attacking a cargo freighter a ways off, and we can't forget about Mr. Makuro's meeting!

Wait a minute...

Ghid nearly toppled over as he leaped to his feet, then began racing down the dockside towards the freighter in an attempt to stahp the beastie.

OOC: Also, Fishers, Jason attacked the jaw beast a few hours ago, and Ghid is approaching the Cargo ship as well. Both posts were pretty small, so you might have missed them. If you did notice them, and are simply working on a reply, I apologize for being impatient.

OOC: And here we go. I saw it, but I got distracted with everyone else's posts, so thanks for the heads up. 

GM NPC JAW BEAST

One of the harpoons hit as the beast - the other missed as the beast tried to move away. It howled in outrage as the electrical shock hit it, but did not go down. Apparently this species had a mild resistance to electricity. Still, it did not attack, stunned and snagged by the weapon. 

OOC: Time-skip is fine with me, but I'm heading back to the Factory right now anyway. Anyone left on Tranquis VII can come home in Drift's ship with me if they want.

IC: Echo - Hero Factory

Echo climbed out of the dropship and bid Drift farewell. It had been a long day... He still couldn't believe that concussion shot at the end there had been so effective. Next fight he got into, he'd remember to tune his powerful audio-receptors down a notch so he wouldn't be driven into berserk rage. They had been on way too high.

After a refreshing recharge and a quick stop at the armory to repair any damages sustained in the field, Echo was ready for his next assignment. That was, until a massive gunmetal and gold Hero intercepted him in the hallway and handed him a small sheet of paperwork. "You're wanted in briefing room 773A right now, soldier." 

Was this... a squad recruitment form?

IC: Alex Drift - Hero Factory

Drift needed a new mission. Something with stuff blowing up and maybe some monsters. On his way to the recharge room, he yelled at the maintenance guy to refuel the dropship. Once recharged and armed with some of his favorite impact grenades, Drift headed to mission control and demanded "Alright, Zib. No more extraction jobs. I told you I wanted something fun. There's gotta be some monsters and stuff blowing up somewhere in the galaxy right now. Wherever that is, I wanna be there."

OOC: Echo's post is mostly just there to show that he's not in the Antropolis mission. He is currently being recruited to Sigma Team. The Hero who stopped him is Justin Hammer, the team's demolitions expert. I figure Echo may have one or two missions left in this RPG before he moves on and I start writing his adventures with the team on their own.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Shade - en route to Dropship:

Shade was excited at the realization that Mr. Makuro's safety was Shade's and only Shade's sole responsibility. He'd figured that Vex, Striker, or someone else would double with him on this job, but instead it seemed that Shade was allowed to stay a solo act. As he rushed out the door following the correct path towards the dropship, he had a sudden thought: "What's up with Zib and 20 minute deadlines anyway?"

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

Though the creature wasn't knocked unconscious as Jason had hoped, the stun was certainly enough. He immediately created two magnetic fields, pulling the harpoon back to him at a fast speed, beast in tow. Though he was limited in the number of magnetic fields he could generate, the field's strength had no such restriction. As the beast was dragged to him, he extended his other hand, preparing to grab the brain parasite's tail before yanking it off of it's victim's head.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Markus Vex - Dropship.

"Let's go," Markus cheered, clambering aboard. A high stakes mission, and one of Alpha Team's best serving as his valet... This was turning out to be the start of a great day. And the explosions haven't even started yet...

IC: Markus Vex - Dropship.

"Let's go," Markus cheered, clambering aboard. A high stakes mission, and one of Alpha Team's best serving as his valet... This was turning out to be the start of a great day. And the explosions haven't even started yet...

OOC: Technically, this is an error: 

GM NPC ZIB

"I'm afraid the mission I'm talking about isn't exactly for you, Nimus," Zib said. "However, I do think I have something you might be interested in." A screen showed a huge battle cruiser bristling with lights and hi-tech weaponry. "That might be more up your alley. It just pulled up next to Tranquis VII and apparently is owned by an evil villain organization. Why don't you two take a camoflaging dropship and go investigate?"

He then turned back to the others in the briefing room. "Shade, Mr. Makuro will be down at the dropship launching area in twenty minutes. I expect you to meet him there. Vex and Striker, if you're going, you'll need to take a pair of Hero Pods that we've designed to cloak. Please try to land them safely and avoid drawing attention. Wilbur, you need to report to the dropship bay too, but please try to stay out of the eyes of the media and meet Furno there."

"Go!"  

OOC: But why not just go with it, for maximum fun? :P

GM NPC FURNO

"I didn't know you were going swimming too." Furno said to Vex. "According to my data, you're supposed to be taking a Hero Pod to the Underground Area."

GM NPC JAW BEAST (W/FERRO)

The creature's brain parasite came off easily enough. It looked considerably more friendly now, although irritated at being held by a magnetic field. 

GM NPC CRYSTAL BEASTS (5 - NEAR FERRO)

As if on cue, some nasty looking Crystal beasts rose from the water. It appeared that the Jaw Beast had been bait for an ambush...

Edited by fishers64

GM NPC MR. MAKURO, NEX, AND DANIELA CAPRICORN (NEAR SHADE)

"Live from the Hero Factory," Daniela Capricorn said, facing her camera. "Mr. Makuro is leaving today for an important business conference where he will be showing off one of his latest prize inventions. Mr. Makuro, can you tell us more about what is in store." 

Mr. Makuro smiled at Daniela. "Some things are best kept secret until it is time to reveal them. Patience is sometimes most helpful. But I can assure you that it will improve the safety and security of the entire galaxy." 

Meanwhile, Nex approached Shade with a grin. "Hey man, what's up?" 

OOC: I burst happy bubbles for free. :P

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Hm, It appears I must've missed that edit. 

IC: Markus Vex.

"Jeez, even Alpha Team is full of fun-hating killjoys?" Markus lamented, wiping away an imaginary tear, "Truly, truly tragic." Jumping down out of the ship, he started wandering off towards the pods. 

IC Shade - Arriving at Makuro's Dropship:

Shade reached his destination only to be met by Nex, one of the few heroes Shade knew and knew knew him. "Nothing much," Shade smiled as he replied to the Alpha Team hero's question, "just guard duty. Hopefully I'll get to kill something." It looked like he was going to end up on a team after all. At least the other team member understood Shade's difficulties with team work though.

Edited by Vicarath

GM NPC NEX

"Oh, please, man. They call in an assassin model for a diplomatic mission? Please, Hero Factory's not nearly as bad as the critics make it out." Nex said. "You'll get to kill something. That's almost a guarantee. Zib enjoys playing it cool, but we all know better." 

Edited by fishers64

IC  Shade:

"That's good to know. While we're waiting for Mr. Makuro to finish his interview I might as well ask, how have you been? You're looking quite upgraded since the last time I saw you."

Edited by Vicarath

GM NPC NEX

"Okay. I dig this new gear, but really, I haven't had the chance to use it. I've spent most of my time dealing with all of the fallout on Herofeed and Herobook. Ever since the Breakout, civilians have been complaining about every detail of how we do our jobs. I had to ban a whole bunch of trolls off of Stormer's page last week." 

He sighed. "It's gotten so bad I haven't been on a mission in months." 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO & DANIELA CAPRICORN

"You heard it here first, folks," Daniela said brightly. "Stay tuned for more updates on this exciting new story." 

She paused. "Cut." 

Her camera finally clicked, and Daniela sighed, dragging it along with her toward a civilian transport pod. 

Mr. Makuro began climbing aboard the dropship, expecting the two Heroes to follow him. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Anamnesis - Hero Factory. 

On one of the upper floors, a nondescript hero stood at a recharging station beside one of the windows, watching Makuro preparing to depart down below. A decent number of other heroes seemed to be leaving, too, and those who'd just returned from the Tranquis mission would likely be queuing up for core recharges before thinking about doing anything else. 

The hero disconnected from the recharging station and turned away from the window. Now seemed like the optimum time for him to make his move... and to make hero factory pay for torturing him the way they had...

IC Shade - Following Makuro into Dropship:

Shade began to follow Mr. Makuro into the dropship as he replied to Nex: "That's too bad, but the good side is that you can think of this as a long overdue vacation! Oh by the way... You didn't ban the troll who said: `Stormer couldn't tell the difference between a civilian with a mental problem from a real villain,` did you? 'Cause that post was mine."

Edited by Vicarath

With an expression of satisfaction, Nimius walked onboard the dropship, Captor regally walking in with him. "Remember, Nimius, we're investigating. Don't go blowing our cover until you're absolutely sure it's necessary." Captor reminded Nimius. The red and blue clad hero turned to look at his canine companion, a hint of amusement in his expression. "Don't worry, unless there's some galaxy-threatening superweapon on board that ship, this is your show."

And with that, the dropship's doors closed, and the ship powered up, taking off into the air, and then into space.

OOC: Has the dropship carrying Jimmy Abacus and co arrived at Hero Factory?

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Riot - Hero Factory

Stepping off of the dropship and cracking his neck joints in the process, Riot proceeded towards the recharging station without so much as a word to the others who had assisted in aprehending the villainous siblings.

First, I'm hitting up the recharging station, and then I'm going to go find Zib and get myself a new mission.

IC: Leighla Artemis - Hero Factory

While she wasn't technically present herself, the news screens set on the UNN frequency began playing the footage that Echo had previously allowed her to acquire, even though the sound was a little drowned out due to the noise of the surrounding area. True to her word, there was no mention of the Hero anywhere in the completed piece, and the entirety of its coverage was indeed centered around the evacuation itself.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo Ship

As the brain parasite left the Beast's head, Jason released the magnetic field and removed the harpoon. The beast was now fully aware of his presence, but didn't attack. It instead looked hungrily at the brain, still writhing in his hand. Getting the hint, Jason gave the brain a powerful electric shock to kill it, and threw it to the beast, who happily began eating it. Before Jason could think of what to do next, five considerably tougher looking beasts emerged from the water and surrounded him, each encased in natural crystal armor. Well then. This is bad. It was unlikely he could defeat them all alone, but it was his duty as a hero to keep them away from the civilians. In the blink of an eye, Jason repelled himself from the ship's deck, allowing him to backflip over one of the beast's heads, and over the side of the ship. As he fell, he fired a harpoon at the brain attached to the beast's head. As he went over the side of the ship, he anchored himself to it using a combination of magnetism and his spiked boots.

OOC: Aight well here's Quark's profile, as I said I'd put up. She probably won't be used any time soon, but since I mentioned her I'd better make sure she's up to snuff. Also, who knows? There could be an emergency or something, and I'll need another Hero.

Hero Profile:  
Name: Dorothy Quark

Powers
 and Abilities: Quark is able to survive in the cold vacuum of space indefinitely- however, this does not extend to extreme conditions, such as flying close to stars. Additionally, she’s been highly trained in just about any space-oriented skill- from flying spacecraft to zero-gravity fighting.

Weapon(s): She carries a laser blaster- it’s as functional in space as she is- and a pretty nifty light sword. It’s basically a blade that functions as an ordinary sword, but is made up of solid light. It’s a science-fictioney kind of sword, but it doesn’t have anything special about it. But it can turn on and off, and the blade tends to have a good bit of force when materialising.

Appearance: I don’t have a picture right now, but imagine a particularly sour Buzz Lightyear, because that’s pretty close. Quark is slightly bulkier than the average Hero due to her extra armour plating to protect from the harsh environment of space. This plating does not extend to her face and head- her armour has a retractable, reinforced, transparent dome that can click over her head in a manner reminiscent of an astronaut’s helmet. She does have thrusters built into her boots to propel her when in zero gravity, but they don’t work that well when on planets with average or high gravity.

Her armour is shaded in white and bright green, with purple eyes and Hero Core (the Buzz Lightyear comparisons never end). She often looks surly and somewhat tired of things in general, and it is rare to see a smile upon her face.

Bio: Quark, leader of Thumper’s and Flood’s team, was once a lot more chipper about her job (before the aforementioned Heroes even existed), but an incident involving her team losing a veteran Hero and the team’s entire group of rookies has impacted her immensely. She had been the one to order the veteran Hero to leave the rookies be, as the situation had left them in a position where they could not be saved, but the veteran tried to rescue them anyway. As a result, they were killed, and Quark felt it was her responsibility to have done something to prevent it- but she couldn't, and for that she felt that she could not be put in charge of a full team again.

When she and the remaining member of her team- another veteran- had new rookies join their ranks, she did not trust herself to defend them on missions anymore. As a result, their team rarely operates as a whole, instead the specialised Heroes being sent with more experienced teams requiring their particular skill set, deciding that they would be better at protecting the rookies than she would be. Quark, however, continues to train her team as rigorously as a high-ranking team’s leader would, determined they would be able to handle themselves if the need arose.

She may be rough and abrasive, but she has a real soft spot for her team. She cares deeply for their wellbeing and her ire is usually well-meaning if they have worried her. If anyone else tries to seriously threaten her rookies, though, she is ruthless.

Her days are spent training, working missions, or reading.

~

Before anyone asks: According to the chapter books, plain Heroes cannot survive for very long in space.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 1

The dropship, now cloaked, drew closer to the anomalous ship in orbit around Tranquis VII. Nimius put the ship's scanners to work on identifying as much as possible about the ship, and any inner workings he could possibly pick up on. He also set it to look for any entryways that could possibly allow Captor a discreet entry into the ship. Meanwhile, Captor kept the dropship on a steady course towards the target vessel.