fishers64

IC: ??? - Near Vex

He was immensely relieved; he had been worried for a second there. He ducked inside the wreckage, though, for good measure. The day had started off rather rough, but it seemed like things were finally turning around.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM NPC NEX

"Unfortunately, there's no way we could get away with that," Nex said. "The media wants their grand entrance, and if they don't get it, they will accuse us of being duplicitous and hiding stuff. Or at least start a conspiracy theory thing going, which is exactly what we don't need."

GM NPC CRYSTAL BEASTS (NEAR FERRO)

The brain went down, leaving the beast to flop into the grain. Some of the other beasts that were freed began eating too, and one tore the stunned brain off of its host's head and began to eat it. 

GM NPC JAW BEAST (W/FLOOD)

Wilbur's strike was successful, freeing the Jaw Beast in question. 

GM NPC ZIB

"Affirmative, Marcus. I don't think that's Makuro, because I know where the real Mr. Makuro is, and he isn't there." He flashed the location of the real Makuro on Marcus' HUD. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Markus Vex - Landing Site.

"Alright, how do you want me to proceed?" He asked, turning away for a moment and lowering his voice so the fake Makuro wouldn't hear, "Do you want me to take this guy in now, or play along for now and see what happens?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I'm assuming that's "Wilbur", not "William". There's too many Wills on this escapade. Maybe that's why they partnered them up together. Team Will.

IC: Wilbur Flood - In Ocean

Flood went to punch the brain for good measure, to note he was still wearing his gloves. He hated fighting in those, but there wasn't much to do about it now. He used the Jaw Beast's back to push off towards another brained Beast. The sand was settling already, he would have to be quicker. He shot around the creature, meaning to try and get to the brain around its side.

~

IC: ???

That Hero sure was going well against that beast. He had a rather good view of the fight from his hiding place. He seemed to be preoccupied with something, though.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

GM NPC BEASTS (NEAR COBRA SHARD)

Cobra's kick connected with a Flyer beast that was feeding on some imported lamb. This boat was filled with Flyer beasts and a huge beast in the middle that had two heads. The Flyer beast swooped back in, intent on defending its brothers. 

GM NPC TUNNELER BEASTS (2 - NEAR ??? & MARCUS VEX)

The beasts turned to see Vex standing by the entrance. One of them actually tried to approach Marcus to give him a hug - as it approached Marcus, he would able to see that it wasn't controlled by a brain. 

The other one did not even pay attention to Marcus at all, heading straight for the fake Makuro and attempting to  tear the craft open to get to him. 

GM NPC ZIB

Zib shrugged. "Play along until you can figure out whether this is part of a larger plot or not. If he's working alone, take him in - if not, we may be able to use him to expose the plot."

Edited by fishers64

IC: ??? - Near Vex

He glanced out again and- was that another beast coming towards him? He ducked back as it approached, and hoped it would lose interest. When it grabbed his makeshift cover, he gave a startled yell and attempted to run out of the open hatch before him.

"Works for me," he refocused his attention on the - Wait, since when were there two creatures? - making note of the fact that they weren't being controlled by brains. Even more interesting, the creature approaching him seemed to have understood his offer of a hug, while the other seemed determined to get to the Makuro look-alike. 

"Can you understand me?" He prompted the creature, wondering what it was about the fake Makuro that made the beasts act so hostile towards him...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Shade:

Shade sighed, "A living invisible robotic shield it is then unless you have a better idea." It would probably be better this way in the long run. The media coverage would make it look like Mr. Makuro only had one bodyguard giving Shade the element of surprise for later.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

GM NPC TUNNELER BEAST (W/MARCUS)

The beast's response was to give Marcus a gentle hug. Its headlamp flickered on, illuminating the brain on top of the beast that was attacking the mysterious Makuro look-alike. 

GM NPC NEX

"Might as well try it." Nex said, surprised at the assassin's ingenuity. Weren't the brains on the beasts in the far reaches of the city, not anywhere near the landing site? He sighed. This situation doesn't add up. 

Edited by fishers64

"It's okay, big guy," he gave the creature a gentle squeeze, then quickly disentangled himself, "I'll try not to hurt your buddy too much," with that, he took a run up, and threw himself at the other creature's back...

IC: Cobra Shard - Antropolis Docks

Shard lined up an ice spike with the beasts's head- and noticed that... What? Seriously?! It's BRAIN was exposed? And had eyes?... and... LEGS??? Shard was starting to really really wish he had read the mission report now. He caught hold of the tail coming off the brain and pulled as hard as he could.

OOC: This guy is very new, so he wouldn't have been around during the brain crisis.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Eloise Thumper and Dorothy Quark - Hero Factory

Thumper flexed her arm. She had just had it entirely taken apart and repaired, but it was good as new now, along with the rest of her. Quark had been lecturing her every step of the way, even when recharging in the Quaza chamber- she could hear her over the inbuilt speaker system, along with the robot manning the chamber trying to wrestle the microphone back.

Now, Quark was walking her back to her quarters. Quark had fallen into a grouchy silence, no doubt seeking new ways to tell her off. Finally, she said, "You could have died, Thumper! Out there, all alone, and we wouldn't have known where you were until they dragged you back here in a casket! Is that what you wanted? Did you want us to worry?!"

"I didn't mean to make you worry," Thumper mumbled, letting her arm drop to her side.

"What was so important about this mission that you had to run off without telling anyone?"

Thumper looked away, rubbing her arm. Quark pressed on, adding warning to her tone. "Eloise..."

"They really needed Heroes, and I got the call. I was in a rush, so I only got to give the mission description a quick look... I... got distracted, and I must have forgotten to send you the email..."

Quark said nothing, idly bringing up the mission brief on her arm-mounted screen. She scanned the document and raised an eyebrow.

"Rescuing a pair of Heroes, including Dunkan Bulk," said Quark. "This suddenly makes a lot more sense."

"I-it's not like that."

"Well, I hope he at least thanked you for going to such trouble."

"I wasn't the one to find him."

Quark said nothing, fiddling with her screen until she reached Thumper's door. "You are to stay here unless called upon. You are grounded. No television."

Thumper nodded sadly and lumbered into her room. Quark pressed the 'send' button on an email addressed to Dunkan Bulk, detailing the concern he had caused and how she expected a robot his age to be a better influence on such a young Hero. She sighed. That Bulk could be such a bad role model for Thumper, she swore.

Her musings were interrupted by the door sliding open, and Thumper squeezing out of it before it was half open- an impressive feat, given her size. "Sorry Quark got a call in gotta go I'll send you where bye!"

And she was gone. Quark frowned, though there wasn't much she could do if Thumper had been called in.

OOC: MAN that was long, but yeah Thumper is heading to Antropolis City now. I'm going to go ahead and claim they might have found more brained beasts than they were bargaining for. Mostly this is an excuse to get her there, and we all know why. T. Pecs is gonna MEET HIS MATCH!

Quark's screen is also a part of what I like to call the Buzz Lightyear Aesthetic. It basically functions as a computer, but isn't good for anything much beyond recording mission logs and browsing the Internet. I didn't mention it in her bio, though, but I can change that if needed.

• Upvote 1

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

With four of the beasts freed, Jason turned his harpoons on the final beast, the one fighting Ghid. He hoped that there was a citizen nearby that could communicate with the creatures. If not, he would likely have to call in another hero.

OOC: Is the ship with the flyer and Splitter beasts next to the one Jason and Ghid are on?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Shade:

"Anything to try to at least maintain the illusion of safety. Do we know what the media will be doing once we land? Will they stop Mr. Makuro to interview him as soon as he arrives, or will they chatter with him as he walks to the hotel?"

IC Marcel:

Climbing off the dropship before whizzing into teh Factory, Marcel speedily made his way to his quarters, wherein he plopped down on the bed/Heroequivilent.

OOC: Marcel is not going on the mission.

IC Extrax:

Extrax made his way towards his ship. Once he got there, he was planning to inquire about the radio message he had recieved detailing transportation.

Edited by Some Random Phrase

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Marcus:

Climbing off the dropship before whizzing into teh Factory, Marcus speedily made his way to his quarters, wherein he plopped down on the bed/Heroequivilent.

OOC: Marcus is not going on the mission.

OOC: Did you mean Marcel Bolt?

IC Marcus:

Climbing off the dropship before whizzing into teh Factory, Marcus speedily made his way to his quarters, wherein he plopped down on the bed/Heroequivilent.

OOC: Marcus is not going on the mission.

OOC: Did you mean Marcel Bolt?

OOC: Yeah. FOrgot his name for a sec. :P

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Dorothy Quark - Hero Factory

Quark was still frowning after Thumper when she heard someone call her name. She glanced over- it was a rookie. One covered in thrusters, apparently. Her icy glare fixed on the Hero's face.

"What do you want, rookie?" Quark asked, cold as the vacuum of space she often found herself in.

IC: Anamnesis - Hero Factory. 

The hero wandered through one of the launch bays - the trick was to act casual, as if he had every right to be there - and stopped to check one of the consoles. Anyone who happened to glance past him and look at the screen would see nothing but a regular maintenance report for the bay doors, but that wasn't what he was interested in.

With a simple touch, a treasure trove of data opened itself up to him, and he swam through the streams in search of one item in particular, a list. A list of every hero pod and dropship that had departed from the factory, who was on board, and where they were going. They only served to confirm his suspicions, something big was happening on Antropolis.  

But the specifics mattered little to him. What was important was that Makuro was out of the factory...

Quark's frown grew deeper, if that was even possible. She was not in the mood for prying Heroes. "Don't you have someone else to bother?"

Quark was about to grumble back a reply when she spotted something within Thumper's room. Quark sighed heavily, and called to the retreating figure. "Rookie."

She quickly grabbed Thumper's new weapons- some kind of monstrous fusion of brass knuckles and boxing gloves- from the Hero's bed. They were very heavy, but Quark managed to toss them to the rookie without much more than a grunt. "If you're really so idle that you'd waste time talking to me, you can do me a favour and run down Thumper to give these to her. Big girl, brightly coloured, flame decals. Can't miss her. Probably headed for the launching bay. See if you can talk someone into taking her wherever she needs to go, too. That kid's murder on our vehicle budget."

OOC: Apologies extended to Katherine for having to talk to the Grumpy Space Mum.

IC--Simon Trigger--Hero Factory

At first, Simon didn't think he'd be able to go to Antropolis--he'd just been out on a mission, after all--but when he checked, his core levels were still at above 95%. He supposed it made sense; he hadn't really done anything on Tranquis but fly around aimlessly. Hopefully, he reflected as he headed out toward the hangar, this mission would be more to his taste.

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude--Hero Factory

Artemus, on the other hand, had more than his core to consider: even if he hadn't needed a charge, the doctors would give him an earful if he didn't report in for pruning after every single mission. A bit annoying, but considering his condition, he really couldn't blame them.

OOC: Simon is going on the mission; Artemus is not.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC Kathrine:

"Sure, can't be too har-"

Oh my those look heav- holy Makuro these weigh half a freakin' ton!

Using some not so subtle Thrusters, I managed to hang on to the large...weapons?

Wowwy, this chick must be awesome.

"No problem!" I assured the Senior Hero with a slightly forced smile, lifting off the ground. "I'll catch her!"

I started back the way she'd indicated, hoping that the extra weight wouldn't slow me down too much. After all, a team leader had all but given me orders. Be a shame to let her down.

Quark reached over and pressed the button for the door. She shook her head as the door slid closed. "She'd forget her own head if it wasn't bolted on."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper

After getting the call, Thumper had rushed out, but now that she was on her way she slowed her pace. She would have to hitch a ride; flying around a mostly empty planet was one thing, trying to avoid crashing into a populated city was another thing completely. She didn't particularly want to risk hitting something; she didn't know the details, but she had heard on the news that Mr. Makuro would be going to be on the planet. At least, she thought it was the same planet.

She paused. It sounded like something was flying at speed towards her. She glanced around, confused.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hero Factory

Thumper's eyes widened and she took the gloves with no effort. "Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I keep forgetting to bring my gloves, Quark would've double grounded me if she found out I went on a mission without them!"

Thumper pulled them on. With a series of clanks, the part that covered her hands folded back to expose them. She flexed her fingers experimentally before turning to the rookie with a grin.

"Thanks so much, er... What was your name, sorry?"

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hero Factory

"I'm Eloise Thumper," she grinned. "I went through my team assignment a while ago. I'm sure you'll be put on the perfect team for yourself, Scarlet!"

Thumper glanced back the way she was heading. Oh, yeah. Her mission. She glanced back to Scarlet. "Uh, wanna tag along? I'm not that great a flier, but I've gotta get to this place, Antropolis I think? You can come if you want."

OOC: I had to take a computer science exam that was a real bear. Thankfully, that won't be happening again for another three months, and more importantly, here we go!

"It's okay, big guy," he gave the creature a gentle squeeze, then quickly disentangled himself, "I'll try not to hurt your buddy too much," with that, he took a run up, and threw himself at the other creature's back...

GM NPC TUNNELER BEASTS (2 - NEAR MARCUS VEX)

The tunneler beast that Marcus...hugged...kept his light shining on the other one to see if Marcus would actually stick to his word...and make it easier for him to see. 

The other beast was body slammed by a Hero going at a considerable speed. It howled in pain and tried to get away, heading off deeper into the tunnels. 

Shard lined up an ice spike with the beasts's head- and noticed that... What? Seriously?! It's BRAIN was exposed? And had eyes?... and... LEGS??? Shard was starting to really really wish he had read the mission report now. He caught hold of the tail coming off the brain and pulled as hard as he could.

GM NPC FLYER BEAST

The brain came loose from the beast's head, and the beast looked around, confused. 

GM NPC FLYER BEASTS (20 - NEAR COBRA SHARD)

Most of the beasts near Cobra were too busy chowing down to pay attention to the new hero in their midst. However, two of the brains directed their hosts to swoop in toward Cobra with the intent of grabbing him to carry him off the ship. 

Quark's screen is also a part of what I like to call the Buzz Lightyear Aesthetic. It basically functions as a computer, but isn't good for anything much beyond recording mission logs and browsing the Internet. I didn't mention it in her bio, though, but I can change that if needed.

OOC: Don't worry about it - at Hero Factory proper, computers and computational technology like that is to be expected.  

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

With four of the beasts freed, Jason turned his harpoons on the final beast, the one fighting Ghid. He hoped that there was a citizen nearby that could communicate with the creatures. If not, he would likely have to call in another hero.

OOC: Is the ship with the flyer and Splitter beasts next to the one Jason and Ghid are on?

OOC: I'd say Cobra is a few ships down from where Jason and Ghid are. Within shouting distance.

IC Ghid Squidulus

Ghid angled his shield and jumped forwards, allowing that previously exposed tip to drive right towards the brain. The beast's head hit one of his legs, threatening to break a fastener.

GM NPC CRYSTAL BEAST

Ghid's blade drove into the brain and then pulled out. With the damage it had sustained before, the pain was too much for that brain and the whole beast fell to the ground unconscious.  

IC Shade:

"Anything to try to at least maintain the illusion of safety. Do we know what the media will be doing once we land? Will they stop Mr. Makuro to interview him as soon as he arrives, or will they chatter with him as he walks to the hotel?"

GM NPC NEX

"The latter. They won't want to hang out in the square for very long, and there isn't enough material for much of an interview yet."

The dropship began to descend, heading towards Antropolis. "Get ready." He hissed to Shade. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Alex Drift - Antopolis

Ah, another visit to Antropolis. Drift did so enjoy these. The sea breeze, the sights and sounds of the city, the occasional giant beast, the scent of... evil. Drift whipped around. The pleasant atmosphere was gone, replaced with the spine-chilling realization that something was terribly wrong. The pilot squinted his eyes and scanned the street, which now had an unpleasantly cold breeze blowing down it. A few stray papers fluttered in the wind. Something was definitely off here, but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

Drift looked to the right: nothing.

Drift looked to the left: nothing.

His core-pulse was throbbing in his ears.

Drift looked back to the right... and saw it:

A newly-placed poster directly next to the "No Posters" sign. Evil was definitely at work. Drawing his sidearm, Drift set off down the alley.

• Upvote 4

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

"Giddy up!" he cackled, clinging tightly to the creature's neck and bringing his fist up to try to punch the spines of the brain still clinging to the unfortunate beast's skull. 

IC Kathrine:

"I'd love to, but unless there's a big emergency, I'm sorta stuck here."

I grimaced and shrugged.

IC John Striker:

The second pod blasted into atmosphere, coming to a smooth stop a few hundred meters from Vex's own. The hatch opened. And then closed again.

Striker, cloaked, took a moment to check his surroundings, and his gear.

IC: T. Pecs - Antropolis City Alleyway

T. Pecs was walking down the alleyway when he caught a whiff. A familiar whiff. He took a great big saurian sniff to confirm it. Yep, there was no mistaking it; there was a Hero on the trail. He grinned wickedly. Good.

He tried to think if this was a Hero he'd smelled before as he headed towards a more open place. If there's gonna be a brawl, he thought to himself, T. Pecs is gonna need some room to maneuver.

EDIT: OOC: i... i guess i'm assuming these alleys are kinda big, but to be fair he's probably just squeezing through.

Edited by Dina Saruyama
  • Upvote 4

The brain just sort of.. came off. Shard dropped it and stepped on it a few times just to make sure it was dead. What on Streptos II was going on here?! He was so distracted by the silly-looking parasite at his feet that he didn't notice the beasts behind him until it was too late. Shard flailed wildly as he was lifted into the air...

IC: Alex Drift - Antopolis Alleys

Drift moved slowly, cautiously. He knelt down and examined some muddy newspapers, damp with salty sea air. A huge reptilian print was stamped neatly across them. Standing swiftly, Drift moved farther down the alley, holding his gun up in anticipation.

He saw a tail whip around a corner. It was a big tail. Gulping down his sudden urge to run, the Hero followed.

IC: T. Pecs - Antropolis Alleys

The smell was closer now. By now, he could ascertain this was definitely not a Hero he'd tangled with before; this one was new. He growled and pushed forward for the open road, not caring if he dislodged a few bricks with his hips in the process. They had construction companies for a reason.

• Upvote 3