fishers64

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

Jason felt a sense of relief as the final beast dropped to the ground, incapacitated. He turned to the other hero, the one who had helped him.

"Thanks for the help. With these guys, maybe we can find out who's doing this to them."

Jason motioned toward the unconscious crystal beast, as well as the jaw beast, who was consuming one of the fallen brains.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis Alleys

Drift rounded the final corner and saw a massive dinosaur creature smashing through the alleyway, dislodging bricks and tearing off gutters. He fired a warning shot into the air and yelled, "Hey you! Stop in the name of Hero Factory!"

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

A fair fight? Who was this guy kidding? Villains didn't have any sense of "fair". What the dino meant by "fair fight" was probably "massacre". And Drift wasn't about to be massacred. He leveled his gun and fired few rounds at the dinosaur. "No way am I letting you out of here!"

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: T. Pecs - Antropolis Alleys

The bullets sank into his side, causing him to wince in pain. Still, he kept a cool expression as he twisted his neck to look over his shoulder at the rookie.

"You know? That almost hurt," he commented dryly.

With that, he took off running towards the street, breaking past the sides of the alley in a cloud of bricks.

OOC: I hope I'm not off the mark when I go off the assumption that a Hero's gun against a robot Tyrannosaurus is going to be of similar effectiveness to a gun made for killing humans against a normal Tyrannosaurus (or, well, anything big); unless you know where to shoot, it's going to take a while to truly take 'em down.

Edited by Dina Saruyama

OOC: Don't worry about it - at Hero Factory proper, computers and computational technology like that is to be expected.  

OOC: Aw yes. With this information, I'm officially upgrading it to iPod equivalent status- she can play Angry Birds on it.

IC: ??? - Near Vex

He scrambled for cover behind a rock as the Hero started wrangling the beast.

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hero Factory

"Oh," she said, awkwardly. She perked up. "Well, maybe there'll be a big important mission really soon, and since you're here, they'll call you up first!"

This still left the issue of how to get to the city. She started walking again, offering a bright grin. "I've gotta go, but I'll see you around, okay?"

She headed for the dropships, hoping to meet someone leaving, or someone not doing anything, to drive her over. Maybe she'd have to call Quark to drive her. She really didn't want to bother her team leader after causing so much worry.

OOC: Also, Flood's still waiting on a reply, I think.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: I hope I'm not off the mark when I go off the assumption that a Hero's gun against a robot Tyrannosaurus is going to be of similar effectiveness to a gun made for killing humans against a normal Tyrannosaurus (or, well, anything big); unless you know where to shoot, it's going to take a while to truly take 'em down.

OOC: Yeah, handguns never hurt dinosaurs of any kind. We've all seen enough bad movies to know that by now.

Drift wasn't surprised. He was, however, a bit disgruntled that he hadn't even managed to slow the villain down. He fired a few more rounds blindly into the brick-dust and ran after the dino, trying not to get lost in the debris cloud. If that thing reached an open street...

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous blasted through the hangar bay doors with a screech of brakes as the dropship drove into the net. The hangar bay doors began to close behind them...

GM NPC TUNNELER BEAST (BEING RIDDEN BY MARCUS VEX)

The beast ducked down, letting Marcus' punch go over his head. He then tried to buck Marcus off of him. 

GM NPC FLYER BEASTS (2 - W/COBRA SHARD)

The two beasts flew away from the docks, toward the center of the city, dragging their unfortunate captive between them. 

GM NPC NEX

Nex shrugged. He didn't understand what Shade was feeling, exactly, but he supposed he might have a point. 

The two would feel a slight bump as the dropship landed, and the door opened.

GM IC ??? & ??? (AROUND ANTROPOLIS TOWERS)

The perspective for this moment...as with all moments like this...was rather odd. As Mr. Makuro's dropship came in for a landing on the ground below, if it had soared forward, out between the skyscrapers and over the stone pavement near the side of the square, it would have seen a smaller, less populated area. 

It was into this area that a wickedly black figure appeared. At first glance, he had a passing resemblance to Black Phantom, the villain behind the Breakout, but this being clearly was not him - this being was organic in construction, and not nearly so massive as the mace-wielding power-seeker had been. That is, except for his face, which looked like a cross between Phantoms' evil grin and a Sanok. Although the lady watching him could not see it, she knew that there was a thick green spine on his back, glowing with raw power. In his hand, he held a staff with a single red gem. As she watched, it changed colors, turning to a sickly dark green. 

Another wave of energy rocked the square, and a strange and menacing creature emerged. It appeared at first glance to be a dragon, but its face was not a reptilian, instead the regal visage of a horse - if horses had sharp, menacing fangs. Its wings were feathered like a bird's, but from the waist down it was clearly neither of those - a massive cluster of scales arranged in a roughly robotic form, with vicious silver claws on the end of its forelegs. It wore silver armor plates on his sides, over skin that was the color of dark red. Indeed, from the tasteful red brown of the horse head to the red wings with black speckles, it was clear that nobody was trying to hide what side they were on. 

High above this sight, the woman looked down her sniper rifle, past the massive steed, and toward that menacing half-Sanok grin. Her hands tensed on the trigger. 5 seconds. 

IC: T. Pecs - Antropolis Alleys

Two of the bullets ricocheted off the bricks to either side of T. Pecs, but one of them sank into his flank. It wasn't enough to cripple him, but it stung. He didn't slow, though; the street was just within sight...

A civilian was sitting outside a cafe, just trying to enjoy his newspaper, when he felt... something. He glanced at his glass of Robo-Jolt. A ripple flickered across the top of the liquid's surface. And again. And again. Nervously, the civilian folded his newspaper as the tremors grew stronger and stronger...

"Oh, yeah!" shouted T. Pecs as he burst from the end of the alleyway, dust raining down on his surroundings. He pulled a microphone out of a small compartment on his chest that seemed specifically designed for it, deftly tossing it from one small arm to the opposite large arm and flicking its switch. As he whirled around on the pursuing Hero, he spoke into it, his voice booming from internal speakers.

"HEROOOOOOOOOOOO. AAAAAAARE YOU READY TO TANGLE WITH THE CRE-TAY-SHE-US CRITTER HIMSELF, TEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECS!"

OOC: I don't plan on doing anything with this civilian besides this. he only existed so i could make a pop culture reference. hope that's okay.

edit: i keep flipping to present tense, sorry.

Edited by Dina Saruyama
  • Upvote 3

IC: Alex Drift - Final Epic Battle for the Fate of Ninjago

Drift fired every shot in his magazine before ducking back towards the alley. But the gunfire was just cover for his true attack: with a swift turn of his wrist, he tossed one of his four impact grenades right beneath the charging dino's feet.

• Upvote 1

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hero Factory

Thumper gave a start at the shout. She climbed on board. "Um, I need a ride to Antropolis? If you're not busy, that is."

~

The Hero looked to be struggling. Since, chances were, the Hero was his ride back to civilisation, he decided to help by feebly shooting at the beast's feet.

OOC: Question: The Heroes know this is most likely a fake Makuro, right? But the brained beast seemed to think he was the real one. Are the villains (presumably) behind the brains aware which is the real Makuro?

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: I'm assuming that's "Wilbur", not "William". There's too many Wills on this escapade. Maybe that's why they partnered them up together. Team Will.

IC: Wilbur Flood - In Ocean

Flood went to punch the brain for good measure, to note he was still wearing his gloves. He hated fighting in those, but there wasn't much to do about it now. He used the Jaw Beast's back to push off towards another brained Beast. The sand was settling already, he would have to be quicker. He shot around the creature, meaning to try and get to the brain around its side.

GM NPC JAW BEASTS (7 - NEAR FLOOD) & FURNO

The Jaw Beast that Flood went after was getting dizzy watching Flood. Another beast tried to get to Flood, only for Furno to blast its brain with an energy blast, leaving that on stunned in the water. However, that left an opportunity for another Jaw Beast to get behind Furno and try to bite his back. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous blasted through the hangar bay doors with a screech of brakes as the dropship drove into the net. The hangar bay doors began to close behind them...

IC: Crowley - Dropship.

The creature cringed, claws scrabbling for purchase as the dropship rocked beneath him. He hated flying...

GM NPC TUNNELER BEAST (BEING RIDDEN BY MARCUS VEX)

The beast ducked down, letting Marcus' punch go over his head. He then tried to buck Marcus off of him. 

IC: Markus Vex - Tunnel Beast Rodeo.

"Whoa!" he rocked backwards, barely managing to keep himself from falling off completely, "If that's how you want to play it!" Spotting the fake Makuro firing at the creature's feet, he tightened his grip and flung his weight to the side, hoping to throw the beast off balance. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Alex Drift - Final Epic Battle for the Fate of Ninjago

Drift yelled with in triumph as his shots connected and then in pain as the kick connected. He went flying through the air and smashed through a fruit cart. He fired a few wild shots in the dinosaur's general direction while trying to regain his footing.

IC: Cobra Shard - Above Antropolis

Shard continued to kick uselessly at the air as he was carried towards the center of the city. Worse, he was beginning to hallucinate. He was seeing the wildest things from up here: a dinosaur (no way that's real), a beast hugging a Hero (definitely a hallucination), and some sort of dragon thing that reminded him of Trogdor the Burninator (???). He opened the comms and asked, "Hey Zib, can I get a copy of the mission briefing again?" He was really going to read it this time.

• Upvote 1

IC: Wilbur Flood - Ocean

Flood, having glanced to Furno to see where the blast had come from, saw the Jaw Beast attempting to attack. He returned the favour, shooting at the beast's general location. He didn't trust himself to try and hit the creature when Furno was so close, but he could hopefully hit the beast's extremities and lower half. Or, at the very least, provide some warning to Furno.

OOC: XD XD

OOC: I don't plan on doing anything with this civilian besides this. he only existed so i could make a pop culture reference. hope that's okay.

OOC: This is 100% totally fine. The NPCs I color in green can actually be posted as by ordinary players, and I already greened the Antropolis civilian NPC group. Therefore having a "soft IC" (i.e. using them in your character post the way that you did) is totally fine too. 

(Hero characters do this with Zib all the time. :P)

Now immunity to bullets isn't in his profile, so that is a no-no. :P But you aren't playing it that way, so it's fine. 

IC: T. Pecs - Antropolis Streets

T. Pecs charged the Hero, head low to the ground, jaws snapping at his gun. "Y'know," he growled, "I took up villainy t'fight Heroes like you. Prove my strength. But if you don't mind, you're not the one I'm after, so if you could just stay DOWN."

edit: OOC: Yeah, I didn't mean immunity to bullets at all. I more meant just the overall number of bullets required to take down a large target vs. a normal one.

Edited by Dina Saruyama

OOC: Question: The Heroes know this is most likely a fake Makuro, right? But the brained beast seemed to think he was the real one. Are the villains (presumably) behind the brains aware which is the real Makuro?

OOC: Nope. B-)

edit: OOC: Yeah, I didn't mean immunity to bullets at all. I more meant just the overall number of bullets required to take down a large target vs. a normal one.

OOC: That's cool. 

Drift had just gotten to his feet when the dino collided with him again. Luckily, he had twisted to the side and so only got bowled through another fruit stand instead of being mauled by the snapping jaws of... what had this thing called itself earlier? T. Pecs? His HUD was flashing damage all over so he threw another impact grenade and fired his gun from a sitting position.

IC: Markus Vex - Tunnel Beast Rodeo.

"Whoa!" he rocked backwards, barely managing to keep himself from falling off completely, "If that's how you want to play it!" Spotting the fake Makuro firing at the creature's feet, he tightened his grip and flung his weight to the side, hoping to throw the beast off balance. 

OOC: Is he trying to pull the creature toward fake Makuro's shot, or use the momentum from that blast to knock him off balance the other way? 

Edited by fishers64

T. Pecs growled again as the bullet buried itself in his shoulder, some sparks flying where his prosthetics attached to his body. He clamped his jaws on the gun, powerful bite twisting the barrel, but in his focus on the gun, he missed the grenade, the shock of which threw him bodily against a nearby building, stunning him again.

GM NPC ZIB

Zib sent Cobra the mission briefing. He then looked on, baffled. 

GM NPC FURNO 

Furno saw a shot go past him, and turned around to see another beast headed his way. He saw it evade Flood's shot, but that gave him enough time to evade its jaws. Which meant it was now heading toward Flood and the other beast. 

Drift pumped his fist in the air and rolled onto his feet. His handgun was destroyed and he only had two grenades left. What to do... It was then that he spotted the rookie he had flown in earlier soaring through the clouds above. "Um, what?" Drift opened his comms and said, "Hey kid! Toss me your cuffs would ya?" This was a long-shot at best. While T. Pecs was out of the action, he took off at a run limp down the street to escape the enraged beast.

IC: Cobra Shard - Above Antropolis

Shard got the message, located Drift, and half-heartedly dropped his set of cuffs into the city. Unfortunately, since he had to do this without the use of his arms, the cuffs landed several streets away from Drift's location. He then settled in for a relaxing read of the mission briefing. Not like he had anything else to do.

And the dinosaur was apparently real...

OOC: As fun as this is, it's getting really late over here. I'm going to have to sign off for the night.  :(

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

The saurian wrestler blinked the dust out of his eyes, trying to reorient himself slowly as he lay in the rubble. He shook his head, to clear it, and considered pursuing the fleeing Hero...

He groaned in pain. Actually, maybe he'd better wait a bit longer. He took a lot of lead.

OOC: The funniest part of this is, if he had been dragged in and arrested, his crime can't have been worth more than a few hundred in fines. :P

• Upvote 3

IC: Eloise Thumper - Ship

"Thank you so much!" What a lucky break! She climbed aboard. "I was told it was really urgent, so could we get there as soon as possible? If that's all right?"

~

Flood saw the beast coming and just managed to kick out of the way in time to avoid the Jaw Beast. He turned to see if the beast had hit its companion, seeing as he was previously by its flank.

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

Mr. Makuro got out of his seat and began to walk towards the door shortly after Shade had vanished. Looking up, he saw a pair of beasts carrying one of his fresh new Heroes, Cobra Shard, over the press conference. "Perhaps," he said ruefully, "I should make visits to planets that are under attack less often." 

GM NPC DANIELA CAPRICORN (AND OTHER MEDIA PEOPLE)

"Mr. Makuro?" Daniela said. Meanwhile, all of the other cameras were busy filming the overhead shot of the flying beasts. A menacing horse head stuck its head out from between two buildings, leading to shrieks of terror and reporters scattering.

"It seems that the conference Mr. Makuro is going to is under attack by strange creatures." Daniela said into the camera, as level as ever. "Stay tuned for the next exciting development." 

OOC: Is he trying to pull the creature toward fake Makuro's shot, or use the momentum from that blast to knock him off balance the other way? 

OOC: He's hoping that the combination of someone shooting at its feet and him throwing his weight to the side will be enough to make the creature fall over. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Fanart for Best NPC Reaction to the Situation as a Whole.

zib.jpg

I like to think there's some days like this where Zib questions what he's doing with his life.

• Upvote 6

OOC: He's hoping that the combination of someone shooting at its feet and him throwing his weight to the side will be enough to make the creature fall over. 

OOC: I'll see how this works: 

GM NPC TUNNELER BEAST

The shot hit the beast's leg, knocking it out from under it. Marcus' maneuver further strained the joint, causing the beast to lean towards the injured leg and howl in pain, the other leg on that side sprawled out on the rocky floor. 

Flood saw the beast coming and just managed to kick out of the way in time to avoid the Jaw Beast. He turned to see if the beast had hit its companion, seeing as he was previously by its flank.

GM NPC JAW BEASTS (7 - NEAR FURNO/FLOOD)

The beast that was dizzy was still waiting for the world to stop spinning. The one that had tried to attack Furno and failed turned around and tried to go after Furno again. Furno blasted it, and it fell back. 

The beast whose brain Furno had blasted about 20 seconds before came up from below and tried to bite at Flood's legs. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Markus Vex - Wrestling Match.

"Sorry about that," he said, reaching out once again to take a swing at the brain. 

He ducked back behind the rock quickly, lest the beast try to jump up and avenge its injury.

~

Flood felt something clamp on his foot and yelped, swinging his blaster down and trying to aim his shots at the brain instead of the beast through the pain. Some shots were sure to miss, or hit the beast instead.

IC Striker:

No response. He tried once more. "Vex, sitrep!"

IC Jade:

A cheeky grin flashed on her face.

"One express line to Antropolis, coming up.The dropship sealed up, and the shuttle doors opened, letting in the crisp morning light.

"Hang onto your Hero Core!"

Firm acceleration took hold of them as Jade rocketed out of the launch bay, and into the sky.