fishers64

GM NPC TUNNELER BEAST

This strike connected, releasing the brain. The beast groaned. 

GM NPC JAW BEAST 

The brain took an energy scrape and one of the shots hit the beastie's four eyes. Angry, the Jaw Beast closed its Jaws harder around Wilbur's foot, intent on crushing it. 

GM NPC FURNO

Furno swam towards the Jaw Beast on Wilbur's foot, but he couldn't punch the creature's brain off without risking being shot.  

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous sighed, opening the dropship doors as the hangar bay doors finished closing, and moving past Crowley to grab a hold of his pet experiment. He did enjoy those, but sometimes they made it hard on his guests. Annoying.

"Sorry about the rough ride, but I have to be careful," Traferous said, noting Crowley's agitated expression. "I think this is the worst impression I have made on a guest, ever - even Mene Vantal was better, and I wasn't even trying." He paused, dragging Adam West to the door. 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Dropship

Thumper quickly buckled herself in before she could be thrown across the ship.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood

Calm. He had to calm down. He had panicked, and look where that got him. He allowed himself a brief moment to steady himself, and then carefully aimed this time, firing straight at the brain.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Kathrine:

In the meantime, I went back to doing..... well, nothing, really. A rookie without a team made for a pretty boring life. Normally I'd go flying to take my mind off of things, but..... today I just wasn't feeling it. while I was always happy to help, I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd be little more than an errand girl if this kept up.

I'd already put in several applications for a team assignment, but all of them were either declined or returned with an apology that the team was already at maximum capacity. Heck, I'd been desperate enough to try the Alpha team application, you know, the one that doesn't actually exist since you either get picked or you don't. But.... I tried, any way.

And promptly got an email from Preston Stormer himself telling me to never try that again. So I guess I'll never be an Alpha team member. Though I'd argue my training scores are good enough. 

As I wandered the now mostly empty corridors, I couldn't help but to feel a bit.... hopeless. What if I never got assigned to a team? Would I be taken apart? Used for a core transplant? 

Mr. Makuro wouldn't make a Hero he couldn't use.....right?

IC: Markus Vex - Landing Site.

His work complete, Markus bounded off the creature's back and stomped down on the squirming brain with both feet.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Crowley - Hangar Bay.

The creature said nothing, simply trailing out of the ship after Traferous. 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Alex Drift - Running for his life

Drift finally slowed down as he found the cuffs. They were rather hard to miss. The dumb rookie had accidentally power-drained a civilian. Drift shook his head and disengaged the cuffs from the sleeping citizen. Now, before he went after T. Pecs again, he was going to need backup...

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Shade - Landing Area:

Shade quickly assessed the situation. There wasn't any immediate threat to anyone yet, and his mission priority was to keep Mr. Makuro safe so Shade didn't feel comfortable leaving his charge to go duke it out with the horse-monster-thing. Without anything to suggest itself as the obvious and proper thing to do, Shade turned to observe Nex's reaction to the whole situation.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

"Ghiddy up!" he cackled, clinging tightly to the creature's neck and bringing his fist up to try to punch the spines of the brain still clinging to the unfortunate beast's skull. 

OOC: Fixed.

IC Ghid Squidulus

"Um..." He looked around the creature, afraid he had killed it.

IC: Riot - Hero Factory (Hallways)

Riot was ticked.

Despite going in for a full recharge and insisting for what seemed like the forty-second time that all of his parts were still in working order, the medical team had insisted on dragging their heels once again when it came to clearing him for active duty, and as such, Zib had refused to let him take part in a mission until the issue was resolved. If he were still in his Rookie days, he probably would've busted a few monitors down in Mission Control after hearing such garbage, but he had been around long enough to know how to properly blow off some steam, and as such, proceeded down the halls in order to do just that.

Passing by yet another one of the Shinies on his way towards the simulation chamber (Kathrine), he eventually stepped inside and began setting the difficulty parameters as high as they would possibly go.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Captor

Utilizing the short window of opportunity, Captor had left through the airlock of the camouflaged dropship and leaped off into the open hangar bay of the large ship, hidden through the use of his cloaking powers. Now in the hangar bay, Captor held himself in the shadows, looking around for anything he could use to his advantage.

IC: Nimius Ardor

Meanwhile, Nimius kept the dropship on a steady course to keep up the illusion of being an asteroid.

OOC: I hope writing Captor as being onboard isn't a problem. I saw a window of opportunity, and I wanted to try taking it.

• Upvote 1

IC: Anamnesis - Hero Factory.

Making his way quietly through the crowds, he made his way up to Mr Makuro's Office. Everyone knew the old man protected his office with nothing more than a pathetically simple puzzle lock. Getting in would be easy...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Eloise Thumper - Ship

The cabin lurched as the pilot threw the ship around some space junk. Thumper was glad she was having fun, and going very fast, but she was growing concerned about the strain the seatbelts were being put through.

She had gotten a call from Zib on a number she didn't know- she assumed that it must have been for top secret missions or something. She couldn't help but grin and wriggle in delight. She never got called for anything top secret! She was kind of bad at keeping secrets, to be fair. But this time, she would do it. She felt so excited. She couldn't wait to tell her team- wait, no, she couldn't.

The pilot was preoccupied with setting up a barrel roll. Thumper decided to phone in on the secret number (her smile grew wider) and let Zib know she was nearly at the planet. He had sounded a little odd on the other end, perhaps he was ill.

"This is Eloise Thumper, arriving at..." She dropped her voice lower for dramatic effect. "The location, sir."

OOC: Don't reply to this, Fishers. I promise you that Zib is not required in this conversation.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Just going to note here that this was something Zippy and I discussed beforehand, not me commandeering a random Zib call. want to avoid any confusion here.

IC: T. Pecs - Antropolis Streets

T. Pecs shook his head to clear it as a recognizable number hailed him. He threw on his best Zib impression, which wasn't really that good at all, but it seemed to have been enough to fool the Hero last time.

"Oh, uh. Roger that, Thumper. I've got your location on my locatamahoozit. Just make sure to tell me where you are when you land, so I can... make sure it's accurate."

He stood up, shaking rubble from his back and wincing in pain at the bullets still lodged inside him. Finally, what he'd been waiting for.

• Upvote 2

IC: Wilbur Flood

Calm. He had to calm down. He had panicked, and look where that got him. He allowed himself a brief moment to steady himself, and then carefully aimed this time, firing straight at the brain.

GM NPC JAW BEASTS (7) & FURNO

Furno had taken the opportunity while Flood was collecting himself to punch the brain off of the creature's head. Flood's shot finished off the parasite. 

Two other Jaw Beasts tried to bite at Flood's arms...

GM NPC NEX

Nex sighed in exasperation. "Well, that's certainly exciting!" Nex said, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Hero Factory, bringing drama and excitement across the galaxy!"

GM NPC MR. MAKURO 

"Your communications skills are most exemplary, Nex, as usual." Mr. Makuro said. It was then, in the distance, a distant crack of a sniper rifle could be heard...

GM IC ??? & ???

The lady looked down her sights and fired straight into the face of her adversary. The glass in front of her shattered as the bullet punched through, and the woman looked down to see that her mark had indeed been hit before disappearing into the shadows of the tower.

Below, the being fell to the ground, wounded and dying, blood oozing from its wounds. The beast next to him turned mournfully and nuzzled him in an expression of sorrow as the few civilian witnesses looked around in confusion. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous did not like Crowley's lack of response. This is not a promising associate, he thought tiredly. But still, it will serve to leave a good impression anyway - at least, the best I can given the circumstances. He shifted himself a com. "Doc, get down here. I have an organic buddy who's been through a war."

He then turned and addressed Crowley. "If you like, and only if you want to, I'll have Doc do his little magic on those wounds of yours - he'll patch you up. But if that scares you, I'm not going to force you into it. But what I was thinking was that you could get some medical treatment for that mangled mouth and side and maybe something to eat? If that's what you want? Otherwise I'll be happy to take you where ever you want to go."

"What do you want out of this situation anyway? I'm really lost here." And it's really making me uncomfortable. 

GM IC DR. LIE

"On my way." He said this before Traferous even finished speaking, sounding appropriately sympathetic.

GM IC 78 EAST

"Fravi! You have to see this!" 78 said enthusiastically, barging into the control room. "Mr. Makuro just arrived on Streptos II and a couple of beastlike creatures were dragging a Hero around like a dead chicken! There was a giant horse beast and an amazing crack sniper!"

GM IC FRAVI

Fravi looked at 78 in confusion. "What?"

GM IC 78 EAST

"It's all over the news right now. Appearantly there are reports of a huge dinosaur, the wrestling champion T. Pecs, in town too!" 

GM IC FRAVI

Fravi flicked on the news. "Live from Streptos II," headline blazed. "Hero Factory humiliated - for real this time?" She put it on mute as the footage rolled. 

GM NPC EVIL BRAINS

"The master!" one of them said. "He is in trouble!" 

Another brain high-fived one of his comrades when he saw the beast footage, but then stared as the camera revealed the sniper's ugly results.

Edited by fishers64

IC: Crowley.

"I wanted to get off that planet," Crowley said simply, "and now I have." 

IC: Mr Vyle.

He looked from the screen, to the brains, to 78 and then to Fravi, "I think we should go and visit this planet..." 

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis

Drift heard a sniper shot a few blocks away. Rookies, dinosaurs, snipers, what next? He limped off in the direction of the sound, cuffs still in hand,

IC: Cobra Shard - Above Antropolis

Shard finished reading the mission brief. Things made a lot more sense now. Or at least... some of them did. Where was he going, anyway? A hive of some kind?

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

GM IC FRAVI

"It does seem...interesting," said Fravi, flicking her fingers across the key board. "Apparently, there is a huge business conference there - Mr. Makuro is going to unveil a new engine and a new weapon for mass production to be used against the brains."

GM NPC EVIL BRAINS

The evil brains collectively shuddered at this information. "Master want to destroy invention," one of them said, shuddering. "Master not like Makuro."

GM IC FRAVI

"And the conspiracy will want to get their hands on the weapon, obviously," said Fravi. "So they all will be there. Perhaps a...opportunity to propose your alliance, if you can stop everyone from killing each other." She shrugged, doubtful.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"You don't think toward the future in any way whatsoever?" Traferous said, baffled. It would be interesting to understand how a being like him gets by. However, I think I would give myself too much of a headache doing it. Or a backache, depending on where my brain is in me at the time. 

GM NPC FLYER BEASTS (2 - W/ COBRA SHARD)

The two beasts kept flying towards the outskirts of the city, heading toward the ocean. 

GM NPC TUNNELER BEASTS (2 - W/MARCUS & ???)

The beast Marcus had freed limped over to a cocoon near the wall, and began taking the cocoon apart and making it into a splint for its broken limb. 

Its companion hissed at the fake Makuro, a mixture of anger and sorrow within it. Why did that one have to be so mean?

Edited by fishers64

"Okay," he rounded on the fake Makuro, ready to play along for now, "What are you doing all the way out here, sir?"

IC: Mr Vyle - Fravi's Ship.

"It's an opportunity for us to try, at the very least," he replied, "Unless, of course, you've got other plans?" 

"I have no future," he spat, "There's nothing to think about." 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

A depressive. Hmm. He paused, thinking about that for a second, then decided that arguing with Crowley was a waste of time, and would only antagonize him further. 

GM IC DR. LIE

Dr. Lie hurried over, looking at the dazed form of Adam West with disgust, only to hear Crowley's reply. "Certainly not," he said. "Everyone has a future."

GM IC FRAVI

Fravi shrugged. "I don't, but Traferous might."

GM IC 78

"I'll take you! I want to see all the weird stuff!"

"Being hunted by hero factory for the rest of my existence is hardly a future," Crowley glared at the newcomer.

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

Jason frowned. The other hero had no reason to be uneasy, so why was he? Then, it dawned on him...

"Wait, you didn't kill the brain while it was still attached, did you? Doing that cau..."

Jason didn't have time to finish his sentence, as he turned just in time to see a flyer beast carrying away the rookie hero who had offered to help them earlier. If that wasn't bad enough, several ships down, a large group of beasts had taken up residence on a boat, far too many for the pair to fight alone.

"Holy Slag! Look!"

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC DR. LIE & TRAFEROUS

Both of them stood there in silence for a long moment. Neither really knew what to say. 

"That could change," Dr. Lie offered lamely. "It's not going to be that way forever."

"Doc, this is not a time for a debate," Traferous said. "This being has clearly lost all hope in life, and he will have to find that hope back for himself again. In the meantime, patch him up and stay out of his way. I will not tolerate mistreatment of guests on my ship."

GM IC CAPTOR

Captor would find himself inside the dropship bay, next to a whole bunch of Hero Factory dropship lookalikes. He would be able to hear a conversation between three beings - a growling beastlike character, a happy-go-lucky engineer villain, and a regal black and silver titan with a sweeping black cape...near a dropship that was slightly damaged and tangled in a net from a rough landing. 

"I am... grateful... for your assistance in getting me off that planet," he finally spoke up, having never had to thank someone before, and unsure if he'd done it right. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS & DR. LIE

What? Traferous wondered. First he was acting all depressive...and then he's thanking me? It seems consistent on one level, but on another, I'm really confused. "It's not really a big deal," Traferous said. "I figured any self-respecting miscrant would want out of that hole."

Dr. Lie slowly and cautiously approached the wound in Crowley's side. If the beast made any threatening moves, he was going to tell Traferous to do this himself. Surely he could shift himself some healing powers if he wanted to... 

IC: Cobra Shard - Above Antropolis Docks

Shard half-heartedly waved to the Heroes down below with his leg. He had given up his thrashing by now and just sort of hung limply.

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis (sniper scene)

Drift lurched into the square where the sniper shot had originated from and looked around.

OOC: So what exactly do I see here?

The last time some self-proclaimed doctor had come this close to Crowley, it had been to kill him, but he forced himself not to lash out. He was way outside of his comfort zone here, unsure what to make of any of what was happening to him, but he was confident that if these beings had wanted him dead they would've killed him long before now...

GM IC ??? & ???

As Alex Drift walked into the square, he would see a massive red beast with wings folded and scales and silver and a menacing horse face standing over a small black being lying on the ground, clearly with a hole it in its chest. Above him, there was a shattered window and some glass bits on the lawn. 

The horse beast was trying to use some of his master's clothing to stop the bleeding. It looked at the Hero with pleading eyes. 

GM IC DR. LIE

Dr. Lie concentrated, carefully letting his healing powers wash over the beast and heal up his wounded side and jaw. 

This felt... strange... like his own healing ability, but much faster. He could feel the damaged flesh knitting itself back together... the bruised tissue recovering... the cracked bones snapping back into place....

"Why are you people helping me?" He finally asked. All throughout his (admittedly short) life, he'd been hunted, reviled, treated with disgust, disdain and dread. So why were these guys different? 

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis (sniper scene)

Drift wasn't quite sure what to make of the situation. He stumbled over to the injured person as fast as he could and tore off a piece of the clothing to use as a bandage. While he did this, he scanned the sniper's firing position and yelled into the comms, "I need medical assistance at these coordinates ASAP!" Turning to the horse-thing, he tried to be reassuring by saying, "Don't worry, sir. We'll do everything we can to help him." 

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

OOC: WHY DID I EVER MAKE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER I LEAVE FOR A FEW HOURS AND NOW I MUST POST A NOVEL

IC: Wilbur Flood - Ocean

Flood groaned in relief when the creature released him, but now he had two bigger problems coming at each of his arms. His foot was still shooting searing pain up his leg whenever a soft motion of the water nudged it, so he only had one leg to work with. He held his harpoon vertically in one hand, hoping to either deter the creature from biting his arm or to catch its jaws before it could, and shot at the other Jaw Beast's brain with his blaster. It was difficult when he was seeing an awful lot of mouth and not much else, but easier than trying to aim down while it was clamped on his foot.

~

IC: ??? - Near Vex

The beast that growled at him, he glanced at warily, but it seemed to be making no further moves. He turned to the Hero. Ah, this was familiar territory, at least. He was in his element now, after all.

"Thank you for the help," he smiled gratefully. "And that is a very long story, my dear Hero, and quite a remarkable one. I will try to keep it brief. I was travelling to the Hero Factory when my spacecraft was set upon by villains, though I am not sure as to whether they knew it to be my craft or not. In the scuffle, I was knocked offline and found myself in one of their ships when I woke. It was empty- they must have taken mine- and so I sought to fly it to the nearest planet and get help from there. Sadly, it seems their vessel wasn't exactly... ship-shape."

He glanced pointedly at the wreck before continuing. "If it would not be too much of a bother, I'd really appreciate a ride to the city."

~

"Sure, Zib! But you should take a break sometime soon. Don't take this the wrong way, but you sound terrible. We all work best when we are feeling our best! Thumper out."

She called to the driver, "How far are we from Antropolis?"

• Upvote 1

"You want to go to the city?" He mused, "Give me a moment to check in with my overseer, please sir?" He turned on his comms, "Zib? What's your take on this?" 

IC Jade Riley:

"Bout five minutes out, most of which will be.... Ah, forget it just strap in and try not to get too charred back there."

The ship dropped into the atmosphere of Antopolis.

IC Striker:

"Blast it Vex, I swear if you've been ignoring me...." The veteran hero picked up the pace, aTaking into a heavy jog toward his partner's last position.

IC Kathrine:

Boooorrrreeeeed.

IC God Twins:

Captured. 

Not an ideal situation, to be sure. Especially for such noisome types as these two. The factory had to make special soundproof cells to keep the other prisoners from breaking out just to shut them up.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous paused. Admitting that he liked having professional villains on board for fun...didn't really fit this situation. And the being in front of him hardly struck him as a professional villain, instead...it brought back the memory of him first standing in front of Von Nebula's orb staff, trying to hang onto reality for more than 5 minutes at a time. Frantically canceling his appointments, terrified of his new powers and that he would be found out. 

"It's just what I do," Traferous said, trying to cover up that moment of vulnerability. "We're not like Hero Factory that discriminates galaxy-wide against everyone that doesn't have a Hero Core."

GM NPC FURNO & JAW BEASTS (6 - NEAR FLOOD)

Furno grabbed ahold of the Jaw Beast on Flood's harpoon side by the hind leg and yanked it away, his turbines on his back reversing into another beastie. The other beast took a hit in the mouth, and so changed its bite trajectory, heading for Flood's neck.

GM NPC ZIB

"I really want you to investigate those tunnels," Zib said. "If I were you, I'd tell him to start walking. This tunnel isn't all that far from the city anyway."

Edited by fishers64

Thumper glanced to the strap around her chest nervously. It was already slightly frayed from the strain of the ride over. She grabbed the seat tightly, just in case.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Ocean

This wasn't going as well as he expected, Flood reflected as he brought his harpoon around to block the beast. His other hand scrabbled to holster his weapon so he could use both hands to push the beast back; he'd heard the thrum of Furno's turbines and felt no impact on the spear, so he'd guessed the other beast wasn't an immediate problem.

"I see..." he wasn't convinced. No one in this universe did anything merely out of the goodness of their hearts. 

"Alright," he turned back to the not-Makuro. "We're going to have to walk. This way," he started heading in the direction of the tunnels.

IC: ??? - Near Tunnels

He glanced at the tunnels, and then at the Hero. "If you're sure..."

He had to trust this Hero knew what he was doing. He followed the Hero to the tunnels hesitantly, growing very uneasy.

OOC: I think that by "tell him to walk", Zib meant "tell him to walk back to the city himself because you're busy", but I have absolutely no qualms with following Vex into the spooky monster caves.

"Hey Striker, where're you at?" He asked as he started heading towards the city, "You won't believe who I've run into..." 

IC Shade - Landing Site:

Now that another hero (Drift) had come out of the blue and started helping the horse-monster-thing and it's friend, Shade deactivated his silence field to suggest in a whisper that Mr. Makuro begin moving towards the hotel.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Riot - Hero Factory (Simulation Chamber)

"Welcome, Agent Riot. Which simulation would you like to take part in today?"

"Just the usual," the Hero said.

"Uploading Program Citadel 23. Please state your Veteran Access Code for verification."

"VAC-1891520."

"And would you like to randomise your backdrop once again?"

"Negative."

"Please select your prefered Villain Palette and set up Mission Conditions now."

"Throw in all of FV-4, VNG-7, WD-5, and B9, though set Villain B9-CH's designation to Relentless Pursuit upon initial infiltration. Place some BA-7's in there as well for good measure, alongside their most common hosts, Civies, and Beasts, and be sure to be quite generous with the explosives."

"Calibrations complete. Are you trying to break your previous record, Agent Riot?"

"No. Just want to blow off some steam."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.