fishers64

IC: Epix - Tait's Hotel (Lobby)

Epix sat himself in a previously unoccupied chair as he waited for Mr. Makuro and his entourage to arrive, watching the area like a hawk as he did so.

It had been some time since he was properly out in the field, and, despite his encounter with some thieves during one of his routine security inspections, it had been even longer since he'd seen some proper action. While it was nice to be outside of his office and actually in the field for once (a feat only barely achieved after pushing a mountain of paperwork onto the desk of a very unfortunate subordinate), he knew that he wasn't being dragged all the way out here for a vacation, either. It could've been just his nerves adjusting to his new surroundings, but the hotel staff seemed a bit... shadier than he was used to, and he didn't like that one bit.

Either way, he simply didn't have time to start interrogating them all, but if any one of them tried to interfere with his mission somehow, he was going to do everything in his power to inform them of their mistake.

Diverting his attention towards the internal clock displayed on his visor for the briefest of seconds, he cursed under his breath as he began to wonder what was taking the package so long to arrive.

They better not have gotten themselves wrapped up in a situation I have to go bail them out of.

IC: Riot - Hero Factory (Simulation Chamber)

As his surroundings began to reshape themselves according to the parameters of the simulation, Riot dove behind the outer wall of a nearby building, taking cover as he began to quickly scope out the area. While the streets resembled those found in Makuhero City, the dark ambience and the lack of visible civilians immediately gave off the impression that something was very, very wrong.

Hmmm... The Citadel Program must've been updated recently. I don't remember the layout looking quite this... real.

Peering out towards the structure he was set to infiltrate, the first thing he noticed was that the structure had been completely overhauled after his last session, which really only succeeded in rattling him even more.

Towering above him was a near-perfect replica of what had become the city's most signature landmark; the Hero Factory building.

Yup. Definitely an updated version. Time to get serious.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Silvia Raine - Market Square.

She officially had no idea what was going on right now...

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Frozen Cobra Shard - Frozen

Shard winced as the ice began to crack and thaw. When he got himself back in working order, he was going to ask Mr. Makuro to give whoever had pulled him out a big shiny medal.

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis (sniper scene)

Drift moved up closer to Nex and said, "Hey Nex! Been a while! Remember me? Alex Drift? We ran that mission on Draktis? Ring any bells?"

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Eloise Thumper - Raining 'El(oise) on Villainy

Oh, this was really starting to grind her gears now. She may not have had the dinosaur's fancy roar, but she could get plenty loud when she needed to. Her volume raised to the point that her voice started to crackle around the edges with static. "I have no respect for those who dishonour my mask, lizard! If you want to tango with de Hierro, you'd better bring something more than a big mouth- else you'll have no teeth in that trap of yours!"

• Upvote 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: T. Pecs - The Ultimate Showdown (Of Ultimate Destiny)

T. Pecs gnashes his teeth. "This big mouth ain't just for braggin', Tiny. I could squeeze the Quaza outta your core in one bite! That said--" He flexes his arms again with a growl. "There's more to tangle with than a fancy set of teeth when you take on the 'Pecs!"

• Upvote 3

IC: Eloise Thumper - Good Guys Bad Guys And Explosions As Far As The Eye Can See

"Your little toy arms don't scare me! I've seen bigger pythons in a bag of cheap rubber snakes!" She flexed her own massive arms, once above the head, once held by her stomach. "All I'm looking at here, Feathers, is an overgrown chicken."

• Upvote 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

After waiting a full two minutes for a response from his dumbfounded ally, Jason decided to take matters into his own hands. Tossing the stunned hero a spare pair of cuffs to contain the jaw beast, he repelled himself off of the ship's deck, and onto the shore, only to find that another hero had already come to the rookie's rescue.

"Well. Looks like I was late to the party..."

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Jade:

"So.....you two gonna fight, or just sling insults at each other all day....?"

OOC: YES. The insults were good, but this needed to be said. Let the super luchador vs. dinosaur beat-down commence!

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

After waiting a full two minutes for a response from his dumbfounded ally, Jason decided to take matters into his own hands. Tossing the stunned hero a spare pair of cuffs to contain the jaw beast, he repelled himself off of the ship's deck, and onto the shore, closest to where the rookie had been dropped into the ocean. Scanning the water, he began to get nervous, as he couldn't see anything but a large chunk of... Wait!

Jason created magnetic fields to pull the herosicle onto the shore.

OOC: Trigger actually already puled Shard out, but thanks for the help anyway.  :P

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC--Simon Trigger--Near the Docks

With a final heave, Simon shoved the frozen Hero out of the water and onto shore. Alighting next to the chunk of ice, he took a moment to study it critically. Though it was already starting to crack and melt, the guy inside would probably want out a little sooner. Shooting the ice probably wasn't a good idea, so Simon began smashing at the cracked areas with the edges of his shields. Within a few seconds, the cracks had begun to spread...

OOC: And here's that civilian profile I promised yesterday:

Name: Robert Solder

Job/Location: Doctor/Makuhero City

Bio: Though he is essentially a general practitioner, a lifelong interest has led Robert Solder to become an expert on organic life. This came in handy when Hero Factory hired him as Artemus Schadenfreude's personal physician. While not quite as outgoing as his star patient, his relaxed nature and sharp wit make him fairly easy to get along with.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Eloise Thumper - Do You Know What It Takes To Be A Hero

With a guttural roar, Thumper threw herself forward, aiming to grapple with the dinosaur's mighty neck.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Knocking You Back To The Cretaceous Era

The tail hit, but Thumper took the opportunity to grab on to that instead. She threw her weight down to upset T. pecs' balance further.

OOC: And here's that civilian profile I promised yesterday:

Name: Robert Solder

Job/Location: Doctor/Makuhero City

Bio: Though he is essentially a general practitioner, a lifelong interest has led Robert Solder to become an expert on organic life. This came in handy when Hero Factory hired him as Artemus Schadenfreude's personal physician. While not quite as outgoing as his star patient, his relaxed nature and sharp wit make him fairly easy to get along with.

Approved. 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Going for Gold

Thumper was thrown around, but her determination and solid grip won out. She began to climb up his tail. "I'll have you by those ratty feathers soon enough!"

IC: Eloise Thumper - What Has Science Done

The impact jolted her, throwing her off, but not before she got a fistful of his feathers from the base of his tail. "I'll show YOU tacky!"

She threw the feathers (rather ineffectively) to the ground and stomped on one for good measure.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis (sniper scene)

Drift moved up closer to Nex and said, "Hey Nex! Been a while! Remember me? Alex Drift? We ran that mission on Draktis? Ring any bells?"

GM NPC NEX

"Yeah, I remember that planet - a nasty acid bog in the middle of a civil war. Excellent driving between all that islands in that so I could negotiate the peace. What a mess that was."

Epix sat himself in a previously unoccupied chair as he waited for Mr. Makuro and his entourage to arrive, watching the area like a hawk as he did so.

It had been some time since he was properly out in the field, and, despite his encounter with some thieves during one of his routine security inspections, it had been even longer since he'd seen some proper action. While it was nice to be outside of his office and actually in the field for once (a feat only barely achieved after pushing a mountain of paperwork onto the desk of a very unfortunate subordinate), he knew that he wasn't being dragged all the way out here for a vacation, either. It could've been just his nerves adjusting to his new surroundings, but the hotel staff seemed a bit... shadier than he was used to, and he didn't like that one bit.

Either way, he simply didn't have time to start interrogating them all, but if any one of them tried to interfere with his mission somehow, he was going to do everything in his power to inform them of their mistake.

Diverting his attention towards the internal clock displayed on his visor for the briefest of seconds, he cursed under his breath as he began to wonder what was taking the package so long to arrive.

They better not have gotten themselves wrapped up in a situation I have to go bail them out of.

IC: Riot - Hero Factory (Simulation Chamber)

As his surroundings began to reshape themselves according to the parameters of the simulation, Riot dove behind the outer wall of a nearby building, taking cover as he began to quickly scope out the area. While the streets resembled those found in Makuhero City, the dark ambience and the lack of visible civilians immediately gave off the impression that something was very, very wrong.

Hmmm... The Citadel Program must've been updated recently. I don't remember the layout looking quite this... real.

Peering out towards the structure he was set to infiltrate, the first thing he noticed was that the structure had been completely overhauled after his last session, which really only succeeded in rattling him even more.

Towering above him was a near-perfect replica of what had become the city's most signature landmark; the Hero Factory building.

Yup. Definitely an updated version. Time to get serious.

OOC: Where is Riot...?

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

Mr. Makuro walked into the lobby of Tait's hotel, and up to the reception desk, noticing the form of Epix nearby, but saying nothing. With all the chaos in the city, he could use all the protection he could get. 

"Yours will be room 207, second floor on the right once you get up there." the woman behind the desk said, handing Mr. Makuro about five door keys.

Nex took two and made a mental note to give one to Shade later. 

IC: Wilbur Flood - Dropship

"Huh- oh! Thank you." Flood used some patches and the nanites on his foot. He wouldn't be kicking doors down or anything until the nanites kicked in proper, but he could swim. "Now to do that all again, I suppose."

GM NPC FURNO

"Yeah." Furno grumbled, stumbling back into the pilot's chair. "Next hot spot, I guess?"

IC: Mr Vyle - Bridge. 

"Very well," he'd been expecting something along those lines, "let's go, then." 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"Alright, then," Traferous said, moving over to the flight controls and typing in the password to use them. "I'll drive."

And with that, the ship rocketed away from the Tranquis star system, heading for Steptos.

GM IC FRAVI

Fravi sighed and went back to course plotting. 

GM IC DR. LIE

Dr. Lie set the table properly and poured a glass of water. While the being (Dr. Lie did not prefer the term "beast" to refer to him, as he thought to be an insult to his intelligence) might not have any decent table manners, it would not do to insult him by feeding him like a dog. 

He then lifted the slab of meat out of the pan and set it on Crowley's plate. "Don't worry if you break that plate by accident," the Doc said. "I have plenty of spares."

GM NPC CIVILIANS (NEAR T. PECS, THUMPER, AND SILVIA RAINE?)

Most of the civilians not in market stalls by the time of Thumper's and T. Pecs showdown climbed up the stairs of Tech Market Square to watch the fight from a hopefully safe vantage point. Some were cheering for on wrestler or the other, and some were looking around the square in concern that their profit margins might be further impeded. 

"Popcorn!" someone shouted, dragging popcorn around to the various stairsteps. "Popcorn! Only two units while you watch the fight of the century!" 

Behind him, the media cameras rolled, speculating widely as to the outcome of the fight...

OOC: I think they're in Tech Market square, but correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll fix it. 

GM NPC DANIELA CAPRICORN

"And we're back, everybody! I'm live from Streptos II, where a dinosaur and a Hero are currently engaged in a wrestling match, the capstone of even stranger happenings in town. Stay tuned!"

Edited by fishers64

IC: Wilbur Flood - Ship

"Next hot spot," he agreed, limping over to his tarp-covered seat. "Hopefully, one with fewer Beasts."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Making Dino-Shaped Pound Cakes

Thumper ducked under the arm and punched for his chest. "Imported from where? Loserville?"

GM NPC FURNO

Furno nodded, driving the ship away. "Hopefully." 

The computer in front of him blipped. "That's odd," he said. "We're approaching an energy source. Looks to be hydroelectric in nature, so I'm not sure why the beasts would hang out in this area." 

GM NPC JAW BEASTS (2 - BELOW FURNO & FLOOD)

The two Jaw Beasts that fled from the blood earlier saw a strange black thing floating on the water. It rose from the water's surface, and the two beasts pursued it with interest. 

IC: Mr Vyle.

He stood silently, watching the empty vastness of space rush past outside. 

IC: Crowley.

He nodded gratefully, and began to dig into his meal.

IC: Silvia Raine.

"What's the point of selling popcorn?" she asked the guy as he passed, "We're robots." 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: They're selling popcorn because it's robot popcorn, duh.

IC: Wilbur Flood - Dropship

Flood frowned. "I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's due to the brains, not the beasts. Which means this must be something they want. Or, maybe it's new. I couldn't see it on the map, and without it this seems to be an ideal spot for fish to feed."

OOC: Riot is currently tackling a VR Training Program in of the Simulation Chamber. For all intents and purposes, he's still very much inside the Hero Factory building, despite the descriptions to the contrary. More on him later.

Finally...

Returning to his feet, Epix approached the group with the utmost professionalism.

"Mr. Makuro."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Crouching T Rex Hidden Robot

She, in turn, grabbed his jaws- one in each hand- and attempted to force him sideways.

"Nope," she grunted, feet digging into the pavement. "Wanted to know what kind of place sold such filthy-looking things. Or maybe it's just because you're wearing them!"

IC: Eloise Thumper - Rage Against The Machine, But You Are Also A Machine So The Saying Loses Some Of Its Punch

His jaws were yanked from her hands, but she used the opening to attempt to use both fists to punch him in the side of the snout.

IC: Silvia Raine - Tech Market Square.

Well... this is boring... 

Epix nodded in agreement; listening in on the radio chatter between agents had caused him to arrive at a similar conclusion.

"Shall we head up to your room now, Sir? You'll be safer there while you're waiting for the conference to start, and you'll have the opportunity to rest up in the meantime as well."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Eloise Thumper - Five Pistons of Fury

As soon as she hit the ground, she was scrambling to get up again. Being down made you prone, and she really couldn't afford that right now.

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"That seems like a good idea, considering all that has happened." He turned to walk up the stairs, pausing to let Nex and perhaps Shade go in front.

GM IC ??? ("DR. VENTURO")

The being known as Dr. Venturo extracted the bullet from the being's chest, quickly taking preventative measures against the bleeding that soon followed. She had already given this being at least three blood transfusions. 

As the techs finished their work, the doctor made another incision - but it was nowhere near the bullet hole...