fishers64

IC: Eloise Thumper - Pacific Rim Only The Evil Critter Is A T Rex

The impact was hard. Thumper actually thought she might have felt her Hero Core rattle. She threw his leg off and rolled to a crouch before quickly assessing the damage; a very nasty dent in her torso. Well, she was still moving, she'd be fine for as long as it took to crush this dinosaur like a trash compactor.

While he was still climbing to his feet, she yelled and ran at him, jumping from the ground to deliver a knee to his chin.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Me Too But I'm Afraid Of What Will Happen If We Stop

Thumper dropped to the ground and backed up. Once he was up, she ran, using her momentum to slide under his belly, roll to her feet and uppercut it with a shout.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Rockin' Robo

The kick sent her skidding across the ground, finally rolling to a stop by some tables and chairs. The chairs could fold. She grinned and grabbed one, running straight for T. Pecs. "Don't you run from me!"

She then proceeded to jump and attempt to bring the chair down on his flank.

IC: Eloise Thumper - That Movie With Robots In It That Was Literally Titled 'Robots'

The tail struck her, sending her flying yet again, but she was back on her feet in an instant. "I'm not calling you brave, yellow-belly!"

It looked like this fight could go on for a while, until one or both combatants fell in exhaustion. She had to find an edge. Her gaze zeroed in on the tiny arms clicking furiously at a control panel on his chest. She had to hit that panel.

Her gaze lifted. No. Not yet. First, he would feel humiliating defeat by her hands, with the advantage of his fists. Then, she would take that from him, even if it was temporary, in vengeance.

She roared again, and this time when she jumped there was no accompanying strike; she attempted to find purchase on his back in order to climb up.

Shade - Following Mr. Makuro Upstairs:

Shade moved in front of Mr. Makuro next to Nex and silently took the keys that were meant for him from Nex. Shade then proceeded to stay in the lead of the procession with Nex in front of him and Mr. Makuro behind him making sure that the inventor didn't run into Shade.

OOC: If Shade grabbing the keys right now doesn't work, I can edit.  :)

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Ruiner of References

His teeth ripped at her arm but didn't catch, and she hoisted herself up. She waited until he fell forwards again, lined up her strike, and performed an elbow drop into his back.

OOC: Ack! This exploded since the last time I checked in.  :blink:

IC: Alex Drift - Tait's Hotel lobby

"Yeah, what a mess indeed," Drift grinned. Alpha Team Heroes were so great. Maybe he'd end up as their pilot someday. Unfortunately, the way things were going, it looked like he was pretty much stuck with that Echo guy forever. As he entered the lobby, Drift noticed (with a chill) the grim figure of The Recall as he stood and greeted Mr. Makuro. Drift had never liked Epix, although strangely Echo held him in very high regard. He looked away and tried to hide his uncomfortable feeling. 

IC: Cobra Shard - Still Frozen

With a final crack, the last of the ice shattered and Shard crashed onto the wood of the docks. Everything hurt. 

"Thanks," he mumbled weakly to the Hero who had helped him out.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Eloise Thumper - Return of the Reference

Thumper was jostled towards his jaws, though she managed to give his back a heavy thump with her fist in doing so.

IC: T. Pecs - When Wrestlers Ruled the Earth

Grabbing the luchadore in his jaws, T. Pecs hurled Thumper bodily into the audience. Then, he heel-turned dramatically, planting his feet wide.

A poster blew by in a light breeze. His poster.

"T. PECS VS. LA PUNO DE HIERRO: REMATCH OF THE CENTURY"

He let out a triumphant roar as the crowd went wild.

OOC: this is what the refrance

(also this is by no means the end of the combat so hold onto your trousers)

• Upvote 2

IC: Eloise Thumper - Attack of the Luchadores

Thankfully, Thumper bounced a few times before landing in the crowd in the lap of a grey-armoured robot, so she didn't crush the poor person. She jumped to her feet and marched back towards the T. rex without so much as a glance back, though she bellowed, "Don't think you've won yet! And don't you endanger the lives of our audience for your amateur moves!"

OOC: The robot Thumper landed on is Silvia Raine. Hopefully she is less bored by the dinosaur wrestling match before her now.

IC: Silvia Raine - Tech Market Square.

Shaking off her momentary surprise at nearly being crushed, Silvia backed away from the fight, powered up her communicator and placed a quick call to 1-888-4-HEROFACTORY. 

"This is Hero Factory. What's your emergency?"

"This is civlian pilot Silvia Raine, in the market square on Antropolis," she replied quietly, "there's some kind of cyborg monstrosity and an idiot masquerading as a hero running around smashing stuff up. One of them nearly crushed me. Please send help." 

Hopefully that would put an end to this madness...

Edited by Nato Greavesy
  • Upvote 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Eloise Thumper - The Idiot Hero

"And yet, it's still terrible." Thumper charged, aiming to crash tackle T. Pecs' leg with a guttural yell.

IC: T. Pecs - The Match Time Forgot (I Think I Used That One Already But It's Two AM Give Me A Break)

T. Pecs roars in agony as his leg crumples beneath him on impact, already having taken bullets and a chair. He moves to swat Thumper away with one arm as he fights to stand up again, his leg damaged, but still usable.

Still, through his pain, he grits his teeth in a slightly-unhinged grin.

"Well, now it's a fair fight."

Edited by Dina Saruyama

IC: Eloise Thumper - This Time, It's Personal

Thumper pounded her fists together, and then raced forwards to hand-to-hand grapple with T. Pecs. Her gaze was as steely as her resolve to win as she glared him down.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Clever Girl

Thumper pushed against his force with all her might, hydraulics screaming in protest. She was going to win. She was going to smack down this dinosaur and stand victorious over him to the scream of the crowd. But first, she had to get there. He was strong, on par with her, and grappling like this wasn't going to get her far. But now that she was here, how was she going to end it without relinquishing her-

She grinned.

And let him continue pushing forward as she dropped down.

• Upvote 1

IC: Eloise Thumper - No One Puts T Rex In The Corner

He was fallen, he was prone. She performed a full bodyslam, executed to textbook perfection. This was what she had trained for.

IC: T. Pecs - Ain't That a Kick in the Head

T. Pecs wheezed as the Hero slammed onto him, slamming the point where his prosthetics had been damaged into the ground with a crack as he was forced to the ground again.

"My arms..." he rasped. "P-please don't break them."

Edited by Dina Saruyama
  • Upvote 2

GM IC DR. LIE

Dr. Lie opened the refrigerator and got himself a sandwich. While his companion might not be able to notice it, he could hear the engine noise pick up as the craft blasted through space, then die off after a few minutes. There wasn't any friction in space, of course, so the only speed limit on the ship was how fast things could go before they broke apart.

Still, Dr. Lie knew that this craft, despite having more weapons than a Mechron police armory, was not really going to be much good in an actual battle. It was too big to maneuver, and while the energy shields and metal hull could take a pounding...he was pretty sure that the cannons were for intimidation. That was, the few times Traferous actually disabled the cloaking device on the ship, a rare thing.

GM NPC FURNO

"Or it could be a source of hydroelectric power for the city," Furno said. "But there is already an established dam for that further upriver, so I'm inclined to go with your theory." 

"I'm going to put us down a little bit away from the thing so we don't get shocked by accident." He pulled the dropship down to a landing on the water. 

GM NPC JAW BEASTS (2 - NEAR FURNO/FLOOD)

The Jaw Beasts under the ship moved in towards the dropship. One eyed the pontoon suspiciously. The other one pulled up and snapped at the dropship's door. 

GM IC ??? ("DR. VENTURO")

The doctor left the operating room. "Transfer him to a bed and keep him on fluids." The Doctor said. "I'm done with him."   

IC--Simon Trigger--Near the Docks

"No problem." Simon grinned briefly. He nearly flew away right then--it would have been a pretty impressive exit--but he figured he should stick around until the ex-popsicle was feeling well enough to take care of himself properly. "So...what exactly happened to you back there?"

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude/Robert Solder--Hero Factory

As Artemus made his way toward the medical wing, he made a conscious effort to banish his disappointment. As usual, all it took was a few minutes of considering the numerous upsides of his situation to get him feeling considerably better, and by the time he had reached his destination he was once again his usual cheerful self.

After knocking on the proper door, he obeyed the muffled invitation to enter, and found Dr. Robert Solder with his back to the door, peering intently through a microscope. Artemus shook his head and grinned; the doc never seemed to get tired of examining samples of his symbiote, no matter how little it could tell him.

"If you think I'm wasting my time, Artie, you could just say so," Robert interjected without looking up. "Or are you scared to talk back to someone authorized to stick scalpels in you?"

"Hardly," Artemus replied, his grin broadening. "I'm just waiting to stop you until you get into the really grotesque, crime-against-nature experiments. Those always make for the best stories."

"Well, next time there's a thunderstorm, you'll know where to find me." Robert straightened up with exaggerated seriousness and strode over to the examination table where Artemus had taken a seat. He leaned easily against the wall and pulled a datapad from his pocket. "Now, let's talk about your activity levels for the Tranquis mission."

"Pretty average," the Hero answered. "Maybe even a little below average; I got there a bit late. Sliced apart quite a few of those evil brain things, then kept an eye on some civilians holed up in the hotel until they could be evacuated. I did help take down a pair of gigantic villains, but I was late for that, too, so I didn't have to do much." While Artemus talked, Robert ran a specialized scanner first over the tendrils of his right arm, then systematically over his limbs and chassis.

"How many brains is 'quite a few'?"

"Agh, I lost count. Twenty-five, maybe thirty?"

Robert typed a note into his datapad. "Well, symbiote growth for the mission was average, too; well within safety perimeters. We won't need to take too much off," he said, as much to himself as to Artemus, as he darted around the examination room, gathering up the equipment he would need to operate. 

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

GM IC SHADE

Shade would notice some security cameras on the wall as he walked up the stairs, but no bombs, trip wires, or listening devices. As they reached the top of the stairs, he would notice a bunch of civilians - or what appeared to be civilians - draped on couches in a lounge...watching a Hero/Dino wrestling match? 

OOC: Him getting the keys is fine. 

GM NPC NEX

"Really," Nex murmured, scrolling through Herofeed. This was starting to look like a bad day - in fact, one of the worst days for Hero Factory PR since the Breakout. That had been the worst. 

GM NPC PRESTON STORMER (HERO FACTORY - NEAR MAKURO'S QUARTERS)

Preston Stormer grunted under his load. He had been carrying pieces of Mr. Makuro's inventions down to the dropship bay for most of the afternoon, and that was guaranteed to put him in a crabby mode. That, and the fact that he would have to guard the invention to its destination. Stormer hated business conferences - they always made him feel like less of a Hero and more of a product to be bought and sold. As if he didn't have his own personality. 

That was why, when he saw a nondescript Hero approaching Mr. Makuro's quarters, he was in no mood for pleasantries. "Get lost, rookie." he said. "This is a restricted area."

OOC: That's Anamnesis.

GM NPC ZIB & EVO (ON THE PHONE W/DOROTHY QUARK)

Evo walked into the room. "A call just came in from the Hero Hotline," Evo said. "A heroic impostor and a dinosaur are involved in a wrestling match in the middle of Antropolis. Can I be cleared to go help?"

Zib scowled. "Not yet - that's no heroic impostor. That's Eloise Thumper, on Dorothy Quark's team." He grabbed the phone and dialed Dorothy Quark herself. "Hello Dorothy?" Zib said. "This is Zib. You sure your Hero Thumper knows what she's doing? We just got a compliant from a wrestling match on Streptos II, and I'm wondering if you authorized that."

OOC: Ooooooo... 

IC: Dorothy Quark - Hero Factory

Quark, who had settled down to finish off some reports, was silent for a moment, her mouth set in a firm line. Then, she replied, "Thumper left earlier, telling me she had been sent on a mission. An urgent one, by the sounds of it. I assume you would know more about it than I do. But no, I have not authorised anything, much less heard word from her since she left. Are you sure she's not just wrangling whichever villain she was sent for? She is very hands-on. Perhaps whoever complained mistook it for recreational wrestling."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - A Dinosaur Story

Thumper grinned, going to stomp down on one of the prosthetics to the wild cheers of the crowd. This reptile had insulted her beyond belief, had the audacity to challenge her, and...

And smashing his arm wouldn't change any of that.

She glanced over to the crowd in a slight daze, stepping back from the arm. La Puno de Hierro drained her anger from her body, and Eloise Thumper looked back to her opponent. He was down. That's all that mattered. To further the fight would be against the spirit of the sport.

"I won't," she said, and even managed to smile. Only a little, though. He had still been very rude to her. "But this is over."

~

OOC: Okay, before I go assuming yet again: Can Flood see the Jaw Beasts if he looks in the water from the dropship? Also: These are brained beasts, right?

Oh and THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR JOINING US IN THE FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

• Upvote 2

IC: Cobra Shard - Not Frozen Anymore

Shard staggered to his feet and leaned heavily against a wooden post. He needed to get to the Hotel near the center of the city, but he didn't know if he could make it that far. 

"Do you know where I can find a medic?" he asked the other Hero.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Okay, before I go assuming yet again: Can Flood see the Jaw Beasts if he looks in the water from the dropship? Also: These are brained beasts, right?

Oh and THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR JOINING US IN THE FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

OOC: Yes to both. 

GM NPC ZIB

"Uh, yeah," Zib said. "I'll get back to you later." He hung up the phone. "Hold off on it for a few minutes," he said to Evo.

Edited by fishers64

IC: T. Pecs - Battle of Wounded Knee (horf horf horf)

T. Pecs hesitated, but nodded slowly. He stood up shakily, sparks flying from his left shoulder, and looked Thumper in the eyes.

"I'll remember this, Hero," he growled. But then, his tone softened slightly. "All of it."

With that, he began limping away.

"This isn't the last you've seen of T. Pecs."

Edited by Dina Saruyama
  • Upvote 1

IC: Eloise Thumper - Like The Ending Of Godzilla

Thumper's smile turned brighter, and she waved. "I sure hope not."

Now that she wasn't trying to wrangle a T. rex into the dirt, she noticed she was pretty banged up. The dent in her middle was a bit more severe than she'd first thought, for one. There were a few other dings and dents she hadn't noted before, either. She paused. Was this the mission she was meant to go on? She assumed so, she hadn't seen anything else she had to fight. But... it was a little odd to do a secret mission in front of an audience, and cameras. She gave a grin and a slightly uncertain wave to the crowd.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Dropship

Flood climbed out of his seat and headed for the door. "Good idea. Maybe-" he nearly slipped, but steadied himself in time- "Maybe this time, we could try luring them away from the group."

He paused. He looked outside, at the beasts. "... Oh. Um, Furno? We've got company here."

GM IC DR. LIE

While his companion might not be able to notice it, he could hear the engine noise pick up as the craft blasted through space, then die off after a few minutes. 

IC: Crowley.

Crowley had stowed away aboard a few different ships in his time, but this one was the biggest, and the nicest. Unlike the bulky, uncomfortable freighters he'd hidden on in the past, this one flew smoothly, and comparatively quietly. 

He could get used to this.

GM NPC PRESTON STORMER (HERO FACTORY - NEAR MAKURO'S QUARTERS)

That was why, when he saw a nondescript Hero approaching Mr. Makuro's quarters, he was in no mood for pleasantries. "Get lost, rookie." he said. "This is a restricted area."

IC: Anamnesis.

"My apologies," he backed off, not liking his chances of beating Hero Factory's finest in a direct confrontation, "I appear to have taken a wrong turn." He twisted around and started back the way he'd come. 

He needed a new plan...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Shade - Hotel Upstairs:

Shade made a mental note to check out the security system to find out if it had blind spots, if any, and who owned and monitored the cameras. He also wanted to sneak back here, once Mr. Makuro was well situated in his quarters guarded by Drift and Nex, to have a stealthy-up-close inspection of the "civilians" and get a recharge. He might also want to pull furniture from the walls and floor to make out if there were any suspicious hidden out-of-sight devices to discover. In the meantime, Shade still needed to escort Mr. Makuro to his room.

IC Kathrine:

Oh man that was Stormer.

Uh.

Uhhhhhh......

Maybe this is my chance to get in his good graces!

I peeked around the corner, "Uh..... Can I help you with anything, sir?"

Here's hoping he wasn't still holding a grudge about that email.....

IC Jade:

"so....should I call for a lift outta here, or....?"

GM NPC STORMER

"I suppose you could help me carry some of these boxes," Stormer said, pointing to a small stack of them behind him. "Just don't drop anything."

GM NPC MR. MAKURO 

Mr. Makuro was not in a conversational mood - instead heading past the lounge and straight to his room. He quickly made note of an exit on the other side of the hotel that did not go past the lounge.

This was not because Mr. Makuro was a security fanatic, but because he was not much of a fan of conversation. He much preferred his inventor's workshop to social nonsense, even though he knew that it was part of his job.

GM IC SHADE

Shade might notice the recharge station. It was in the middle of the floor, in between Mr. Makuro's room and the door.

GM NPC NEX

Nex reached past Shade to open the door to room 207. With difficulty, he disabled his communications feed and looked around the room. At first glance, there weren't even any cameras, but Nex pulled off a painting from the wall, only to find the back of it peppered with listening devices. Like a whole bunch of nasty bugs.   

GM NPC FURNO & JAW BEASTS (2)

Furno opened the dropship door and turned to blast the Jaw Beast. "Get down there and assess the situation," Furno said. "If it's just a couple, we'll fight it out. If it's a whole brood, we're not sticking around to get overwhelmed. Got it?

Edited by fishers64

IC Shade - Makuro's Quarters:

Shade closed the door, uncloaked, and then began following Nex's example by pulling furniture from it's place and checking out the vacancies created for hidden surprises. He was glad there weren't any cameras to ruin his possible element of surprise for the future. Once this routine check was over with and everyone was safely situated, Shade had an appointment with Dr. Recharger.

IC: Alex Drift - Tait's Hotel

Drift was only mildly surprised to see a third Hero materialize in front of him when they reached the room. It made sense that Mr. Makuro would have more than just a pilot and one Alpha Team Hero as an escort. He made a note of the nasty-looking armblades and took up a position guarding the door as the other Heroes set to work thrashing the room.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Pretty Proud of Herself Right Now

Thumper glanced over to the pilot with a start. "Oh! Uh... Well, that might be a good idea. But I might have more to do here, I don't know. Thank you so much for your help today, though!"

She offered the pilot a bright grin before turning away to sign some autographs. She didn't think this was meant to be her secret mission, since T. Pecs wasn't robbing anyone or doing anything super illegal in challenging her, as far as she knew. After the crowd had died down, maybe she would call Zib and ask what her secret mission entailed.

OOC: Quick reminder that Thumper still has no idea that Zib was not the one who sent her to the planet. T. Pecs' terrible Zib impression is simply that convincing.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Ocean

Flood nodded and dove in, rolling out of the way of the Jaw Beast and heading for the energy source. He theorised he would be safe from rogue electricity charges with his slime, but he wanted to scope out the area before getting close enough for that to happen.

~

OOC: What are we waiting on with Vex's group, by the way? I've forgotten.