fishers64

So what's been happening here in Mission #2? :v

OOC: Thumper just wrestled a dinosaur, a sniper shot the brains' leader, Mr. Makuro is getting ready for a business conference, and two groups of heroes are wandering around fighting beasts, one on land, one on water. There's also a bunch of villains, mysterious and not-mysterious, circling the whole event. 

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

Ferro was surprised to hear Zib offer to send Breez to help him. She was an alpha team member, and they were very rarely left idle. More importantly, however, she had participated in the original fight against the beasts, and had communicated with them in that incident.

"Honestly, Zib, I don't think anyone could do the job better..."

GM NPC ZIB

"Sure thing. Breez, this is Zib. I need you to take a Hero Pod to these coordinates. We need a Hero to communicate with the beasts around Antropolis, so it looks like you're the best one for the job."

GM NPC BREEZ

"Sure thing, Zib! On my way!" 

OOC: Hope I'm doing this right.

Name: Kavok Quake

Powers and abilities: Minigun can use radioactive materials (as long as he's near some) for more harmful blasts.

He is also very good at making bombs.

Weapons: One small hand made mingun that attaches to his arm via the large ammo holder on his upper arm.

Appearance:

tumblr_nx3muh3u5t1tkkw4ko1_540.jpg

This minus the red printing on his chest.

Bio: A villain, but one with good intentions. After having his home destroyed by a hero due to an accident in a mission, and seeing various people he considered innocent imprisoned by HF he comes to conclusion that hero factory is an oppressive organization that should be destroyed. 

Approved.

GM IC DR. LIE

"I never really liked book learning either, but unfortunately it's part of my job," Dr. Lie said. "Come on, let's find something more interesting than that. I promise that no dissections or experiments will be involved. I hate doing those too."

GM NPC EVIL BRAINS

The evil brains took a route around the outside of the city to avoid being spotted from below, driving prudently. 

GM NPC FURNO

"No worries," Furno said, helping Wilbur carry the rock. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

IC: Wilbur Flood - Beach

Flood had slipped on his gloves again to prevent the possibility of the rock slipping out of his hands. Once they had carried enough stones to effectively jam the turbine into the ship, he said, "You mentioned earlier that you wanted to avoid getting the ship pulled in to the turbine. Should we just drop these at a safe distance and roll them in, then? Or possibly hover the ship over the turbine?"

~

IC: Dorothy Quark - Hero Factory

Quark marched out of her quarters and towards the launch bay, fuming. None of this made any sense. Thumper was a good Hero, she had never tried to avoid Quark's punishments before. Granted, her behaviour rarely warranted discipline, but it was still a valid concern.

She snapped at a worker who tried to ask if she had clearance for launch and glared at another until he meekly handed over the keys of a ship. She climbed aboard the ship itself and started going through pre-flight checks immediately.

OOC: If Breez needs a ride she can go with Quark, if she doesn't mind dealing with a lot of grump on the way over. Quark can drop her off on the way to the Epicentre of Confusion. Or Breez can sit in awkwardly as Quark drags Thumper on board to unravel the mystery on the way to her stop. Either way.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Nimius Ardor

Nimius opened his eyes. He was still alive. He tried moving his head around, relieved to find that it was unrestricted. He then moved his body, wincing as he realized that a metallic rod, probably a piece of the dropship, had pierced through his shoulder. "Great, a busted shoulder." He carefully pulled the rod through his shoulder and threw it away. As he stood up from the half torn chair, he looked around to see that the entire back of the cockpit as well as the entire back end of the ship was missing, with a gaping hole leading to the outside.

OOC: Alright, is there anything you (Fishers) can tell me about the wilderness of Tranquis VII? Because Nimius just crashed in a pretty wild and remote area of its surface.

IC: Alex Drift - Tait's Hotel roof

He gestured behind him at the cloaking field. "People crash all the time, lady. The cloak makes this crash look awful suspicious, though. May I see your pilot's license?"

IC: Cobra Shard - Antropolis Hospital

Stumbling into the hospital, Shard glanced around for any free doctors. "Hey!" He called out to a group he saw sitting the corner. "I'm all beat up! One of you guys think you can help?"

OOC: For the record, Dr. Lie is way too nice to be a villain.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Crowley.

"No experiments," he agreed, "the last beings to try experimenting on me died. Painfully." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC FURNO

"I'd rather not hover it - that might risk blowing out the engines with all that weight." Then he scratched his head, noting that the pontoons were sinking into the water a little. "Definitely not a good idea."

OOC: I think I'll just have Breez take a pod. 

GM NPC BREEZ

Breez hopped in her Hero Pod, and programmed in the coordinates, launching off to Antropolis. She hoped that whoever had called for her backup wasn't dealing with a wounded animal...

OOC: Alright, is there anything you (Fishers) can tell me about the wilderness of Tranquis VII? Because Nimius just crashed in a pretty wild and remote area of its surface.

OOC: The wilderness on Tranquis VII is a desert. There's a couple of solar arrays out there that Traferous forgot to destroy, and a bunch of rocky and dusty outcroppings, but not much else. Nimus shouldn't have too much trouble due to his heat resistance: the problem will be getting off that planet. 

GM IC ??? (W/ALEX DRIFT)

She shrugged and started digging through the cockpit, resurfacing with a plastic license. It read: 

***OFFICIAL LICENSE FOR INTERGALACTIC TRANSPORT***

Name: Hayley Gwet

Resident Planet: Wretos II

Allowed Landing Places: Retos City, Tretion, Mechron City, New Stallac City

There was also a picture of the female's face, which was current. "As for the cloaking field, it's to protect myself. Otherwise, I'm a sitting duck for whatever villain that comes along. At least have some common decency that you Heroes claim to have."

GM IC ??? ("DR. VENTURO")

Great, heroes. The doctor slipped out of the back door, only to hear something different...a dropship motor. 

GM NPC DOCTOR CIVILIAN (INSIDE THE HOSPITAL)

"Yes," the civilian said to Cobra Shard. "I think we can patch you up and send you on your way." He didn't look happy about the situation at all. 

GM NPC EVIL BRAINS

The evil brains set the craft down on the landing pad and waited for Mr. Vyle to open the door. 

GM IC DR. LIE

Dr. Lie shook his head. "No organic being is undergoing experiments on this ship while I still breathe. Anyway, come on, enough moralizing nonsense. I have some other things I need to show you." He walked toward the exit to his office.  

GM NPC NEX

Nex was already on his way out of the building, heading for the building with the radio transmitter towers on foot. He had already decided to take the stairs to the other building's roof. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

Now that backup had been called, Jason turned his attention to the unconscious crystal beast, and began checking it's vital signs. By now, the other creatures had fled, except for the jaw beast, who watched the hero work with concern in it's eyes...

OOC: Was the brain on it's head killed, or merely rendered unconscious by the pain?

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Wilbur Flood - Beach

Flood glanced at the ship's pontoons, too. "Can it still fly safely with the extra weight? If not, we could move a few stones out onto the beach and take them a few at a time."

~

IC: Dorothy Quark - Ship

Still grumbling to herself, Quark launched the ship and was clearing the atmosphere within seconds. She sincerely hoped there was a very, very good reason behind all of this tomfoolery.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Wilbur Flood - Dropship

Flood nodded. Furno knew what he was doing. He climbed aboard the ship proper. "I wonder what the turbine was put there for, anyway. It wouldn't have spun for very long with the debris gathering on the blades. It didn't seem to be gathering energy for anything more than producing its own electric field- unless its energy reserves are kept underground. Even so, just one turbine? It's very odd."

Flood buckled himself in. "They'd have a time with it, with only one-"

He stopped as a realisation dawned on him. "This... may not be the only turbine. This one was relatively close to shore, and there are places farther out to sea that Beasts could hunt in. There could be turbines further out, doing the exact same thing. But to attempt to cause such extensive environmental damage for something as petty as ruining the Hero Factory's good name... that's... abhorrent."

GM NPC EVIL BRAINS

The evil brains set the craft down on the landing pad and waited for Mr. Vyle to open the door. 

IC: Mr Vyle - Landing Pad. 

"Alright, time to move," he opened the hatch and strode out of the ship, cane in hand. "Let's find your master."

GM IC DR. LIE

Dr. Lie shook his head. "No organic being is undergoing experiments on this ship while I still breathe. Anyway, come on, enough moralizing nonsense. I have some other things I need to show you." He walked toward the exit to his office.  

IC: Crowley - Ship.

"Good," he growled, loping along on all fours towards the doorway. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC ??? ("DR. VENTURO")

The doctor turned at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. "Alright, time to move," the voice said. "Let's find your master." 

Instantly she turned to one of the mental signatures flaring all around her. Brains. Her vision expanded, and she saw a business man stepping out of a dropship with a cane. 

GM NPC EVIL BRAINS

The evil brains scurried out of the dropship, heading down the stairs. 

GM NPC FURNO 

Furno turned around the craft, backing toward the turbine. "I seriously doubt that they could get away with that. The turbines would likely get no momentum out in the middle of the sea."

IC: Mr Vyle - Landing Bay.

He waited until all of the brains were off the ship before closing the hatch. 

GM IC DR. LIE

Dr. Lie walked to the end of the secret passage and opened the door for Crowley. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous drove on to Mechron City. Once he was there, he was going to do something bold that would set his enemies back, and hopefully not backfire on him in the least.  

IC: Crowley.

He wasn't used to this level of kindness and respect. It was kind of unnerving, to be honest. Even as he walked through the door the doctor had so kindly opened for him, he couldn't help but be wary. Months of instinctual survival didn't disappear overnight, after all... 

"Nothing like this one, no. Just having one is a little odd, though. Perhaps they thought more than one would be easier to notice, with all the damage it would do." He sighed. "That spinning death machine makes me uneasy. To put something that dangerous and harmful right there, for the purpose of causing harm... the sooner it's not posing a threat, the better."

IC: Alex Drift - Tait's Hotel roof

Well, the license certainly checked out, but he still wasn't convinced this was as simple as it looked. It seemed like a pretty steep coincidence that someone would crash-land directly on top of the building Mr. Makuro was staying in exactly at the time when he was staying there. Drift tried to look like he didn't suspect anything, though. "Alright alright. Looks like you're clear Ms. Gwet." 

He walked back to the stairwell and ducked just inside so the untrustworthy pilot couldn't hear. He located Nex, but realized from his radar that the Alpha Hero was currently occupied. Blast. Who else could he call? Not the Recall. Definitely not him. Maybe that assassin guy? He radioed the silver Hero, "I've got a suspicious civilian up here who claims she crash-landed on the roof and set up a cloaking field while she did repairs. Seems fishy to me. Can you check to see if one 'Hayley Gwet" is in the database?Or maybe come up here and take a look?"

IC: Cobra Shard - Antropolis Hospital

Shard followed the doctor to an operating room and silently hoped they cold repair all the water damage to his circuitry...

Were those footsteps he could hear on the roof?

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Shade - Hotel:

It looked like Nex had everything under control. As Shade moved away from the window, his communicator bleeped with a message from that Drift person who had followed Shade into the hotel earlier. A suspicious pilot hiding behind a cloaking field and a possible fake id? Shade had never heard of or seen anything regarding this Hayley Gwet in all of his time sneaking around with stolen passwords at headquarters, but that didn't necessarily mean that she wasn't in the the database. Shade began to make his way up to the roof as he switched his chameleon and sound dampening fields on. He wanted to have a look at that ship...

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory.

Slumping down in one of the chairs next to a recharging station, he plugged himself in and lay back, beginning to carefully dismantle his rifle. He cleaned the components piece by piece, making note of any that were worn or damaged or in need of replacement, then meticulously reassembled the completed weapon.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Silvia Raine - Tech Market Square. 

"This is ridiculous," she muttered, navigating across the rubble-strewn remnants of the market. The hero impostor was clucking about signing autographs, strutting about like a proud peacock while the dinosaur just strolled off into the distance. 

Where the heck are the real heroes? Or even local law enforcement? Silvia usually had no issue with heroes, civilians or villains, provided they didn't cause problems for her, but when a pair of braindead whackjob idiots rampaged through a crowded marketplace, trampling who or what ever they wanted without there being any sort of consequences, then she got annoyed...

_________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Markus Vex - Tunnel.

"Hey Zib," he powered up his comms and put on his best child-like voice, "Are we there yet?" 

IC: Anamnesis - Hero Factory.

It had taken some time, but Anamnesis had realised his mistake. He'd set his goals too high. He couldn't destroy Hero Factory. Not like this - alone, outnumbered, outgunned, and without a plan.

He needed to start with something a little smaller, but far closer to his core... 

OOC: All open to interaction. 

IC: Dorothy Quark - Landing

The craft landed with practiced smoothness. Quark all but kicked open the door, consulting her arm-mounted computer. Thumper was last seen in this marketplace, but where? She was certainly not in the mood to go looking without some general idea of where to search.

She spotted a sour-looking civilian wandering about and approached them. "Quark, Hero Factory. Have you seen another Hero around? Large build, wearing a wrestling belt, was wrestling a dinosaur."

"Wait, you're saying that was actually a real hero?" Silvia scoffed in disbelief, "What's hero factory doing, sending untrained idiots into the field?" 

IC: Dorothy Quark - Market Square

Quark narrowed her eyes. "Thumper is a trained Hero. She battles in a very hands-on manner. She has saved more lives than I could count, and though her fighting style is unorthodox, it stops crime just as well as a blaster. Now, where is she?"

OOC: Okay, I've been copping some flak off-site for my Silvia posts regarding the outcome of the Thumper/Pecs fight, so I thought I'd clarify the issues here, and possibly try to get some staff input on the situation. 

In my Silvia posts, I alluded to there being rubble and damage, as one would expect under the circumstances. However, what I'm now being told by one of the players involved is that despite taking place in the busy, crowded tech marketplace in the centre of the entire city - which i imagine would be even busier than usual given the upcoming conference - this illegal wrestling match involving a giant cybernetically enhanced dinosaur, an incredibly reckless and overzealous hero, and a dropship crash landing, somehow resulted in no one being injured, and nothing significant being damaged/destroyed. All of which strikes me as being a tad unrealistic...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Over there," she jabbed a finger towards the hero in question, "Signing autographs."

• Upvote 2

OOC: I was pretty sure I explained this all pretty well to you last time you brought it up, Nato, but if you'd like me to explain it all again on the topic, that's fine too! Probably better this way, in case other people are wondering the same thing.

The match wasn't illegal, and was premeditated. T. Pecs was slapping up posters for it- in illegal places, sure, but the match itself wouldn't be illegal because of that. Civilians were even discussing the match earlier in the RPG! Naturally, if you have posters, you'd want to have a location. Presumably, T. Pecs would have made sure an open area was available for when his adversary turned up. Thumper was not aware of any of this, first because she wasn't on Antropolis and second because she's been on a mission, so would not have heard anything of it. T. Pecs likely told the market people 'Yeah she's totally cool with turning up here' even though she was unaware of the thing altogether. Thus, though likely the pavement is pretty smashed by this point, people would probably have cleared their stalls out of the way- and anyone milling in the area would have moved to safer areas upon seeing a crashing dropship and/or the giant T. rex milling around. I mean, wouldn't you?

But, the most pressing issue is: if you had a problem with any of this, it's... a little too late to do anything about it. The fight is over. Next time, make sure to bring up any issues earlier, so maybe we can write in "T. Pecs threw Thumper into fifty stalls" or something. Fact is, as the fight stands, they kept it pretty self-contained in their clear space. The pavement and a chair are pretty wrecked, along with a pretty nasty dent in someone's car from the dropship's door. You can play the debris being churned up concrete, if you want, since there'd likely be a good amount of it wrecked.

IC: Dorothy Quark - Market

Quark immediately marched over, temper flaring. "Eloise Thumper, you get over here right now, young lady!"

The larger Hero turned brightly upon seeing her leader and grinned. "Hi! Are you here for the, uh..." she dropped her volume, still smiling. "Secret mission?"

"Secret mission?" asked Quark, dumbfounded.

"Yeah! I got a call for a secret mission here! But, uh, I ran into another wrestler and they challenged me so naturally I-"

"You... got a call."

"Yes! From Zib! On the Secret Number!"

Quark pinched the space between her eyes. She cycled one breath, then another. Finally, she looked back. "There is no Secret Number. Everyone gets their missions- no matter how low-key- on the same number."

Thumper frowned. "But-"

"Give me this 'Secret Number'. I want to hear the message."

Thumper relayed the number to her leader, who immediately put a call to Zib. "I need you to go through Thumper's calls to this number. Apparently, there is someone with a very convincing Zib impression making calls to Heroes."

OOC: I didn't have a problem with any of it... until you tried telling me that Silvia's reaction post was totally wrong and that there wasn't even any rubble. Now, to be clear, I didn't bring this up here to be passive-aggressive, or spiteful, or to perpetuate an argument with you, or anything like that. My only real intent was to ask for input from the other players and staff involved in the fight who aren't in the skype chat. That's all. 

IC: Anamnesis - Hero Factory.

Finding a terminal, he connected himself to Hero Factory's personnel files and began a facial recognition cross-check with memories from his own datastream. Before destroying Hero Factory, he would find and annihilate his creators. 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

OOC: I didn't mean to make you think your post was totally wrong or that there was any rubble, sorry about that confusion. Just that there wouldn't be any smashed carts or anything like that. Fair enough, though, it's pretty much over and done with now anyway. Don't worry, I'll take heed of what damage there would be. And it'll be dealt with, too. Thumper's getting one heck of a pay dock to cover all these damages.

OOC: Well, even if there was a reasonably-sized area available for the pair to fight in without damaging any of the stands or stalls, I don't see any reason why the transport couldn't have just as easily taken out some of them when it crashed as well.

If I was a civilian, and I saw that a ship was about to make impact with the general area I was standing in, I don't think my first instinct would be to try and move a 200+ pound cart packed with tech, furnishings, or (for those Avatar fans out there) cabbages, but that might just be me. :P

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Kavok Quake

He sat there wondering when someone was actually gonna show up.

"Who cares what these criminals want, it's not like I'm one. I have a galaxy to free. I need to get out of here soon!"

OOC: Just wanted to thank Nato for informing me of the whereabouts of the ship. 

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

OOC: I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Traferous' ship is currently above Mechron city, a location that isn't even actually open to PCs yet. So I think Quake's going to have some difficulty finding Hero Factory, or interaction, in that particular area. 

• Upvote 1

OOC: Sorry for delays. I'll start to grab this, then pick it up harder when I get back.

GM IC DR. LIE

Dr. Lie walked down past the waterfall. Perhaps to the person following him's considerable surprise (or not), he walked past the stairs and opened yet another secret passage door on the other side. If there was on thing the Doc liked, it was a good secret passage. 

GM IC 78 EAST

"Hello?" someone shouted. 78's ears perked up, and headed down the steps toward where Kotak was standing. 

IC: Cobra Shard - Good as New

Shard stepped out of the operating chamber and took a deep breath. Most of his systems were repaired, but he wouldn't be able to get a true fix until he got back to Hero Factory. And those were definitely footsteps on the roof. And a dropship. That could only mean one thing: More Heroes had come to help! Shard grinned and dashed off to meet some new friends.

OOC: Shard is so dumb.  :annoyed: