fishers64

IC: Evil Cobra Shard - Who Wants to go Nex?

Shard had just fired another spike when Nex's laser sliced the hose connecting his coolant tank to his gun, blasting ice at random all over the place as the tube swung about chaotically. He kicked aside the ice-cube that was Drift and swung his damaged Splinter Cannon at Nex as a battering ram.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Mr Vyle - Dropship.

Whistling softly to himself, the evil businessman powered up the ship and took off from the hospital. He had a conference to get to...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Anamnesis - Hero Factory. 

As he entered the hangar bay, Anamnesis spotted his next target: Donald Heck. He wasn't anyone special, just a general maintenance guy, but he'd been the one to steal the hero core, to let the other conspirators into the assembly tower in the first place. 

In a way, he was responsible for the whole thing. 

He was crouched under a suspended dropship, conducting repairs to its underside. As much as he wanted to confront the man, look him in the eyes and tear him limb from limb, this was too good an opportunity to pass up. Keeping out of the line of sight of the security cameras, he made sure certain there was no one within earshot, then loosened a mechanism near the worksite, loosening the cable. The ship dropped, and Donald Heck was compacted before he even had a chance to cry out, crushed where he stood by the weight of the vessel. The death would look like nothing more than a tragic accident.

He slunk away to the man's workstation and interfaced with his computer, sending a message to the final three targets: Help! Someone knows what we did. They killed Vale, then came after me! I got away, but the rest of you aren't safe. Meet me in my room, ASAP. We need to get out of here...

His work done, Anamnesis stepped away from the console and slunk out of the hangar... 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dorothy Quark and Eloise Thumper - Hero Factory

After bidding Jade farewell, Quark and Thumper made their way up the stairs, towards the personal quarters of the building. The halls were quiet and near deserted. Quark kept a careful eye on Thumper before finally reaching their rooms. Quiver's door was locked, with a hastily scribbled note stuck on it, saying 'No One's Home, Sorry' with a frowny face.

Quark knocked on the door. "Quiver, it's Quark. Open this door right now, young lady."

She waited a grand total of ten seconds before setting about overriding the lock on the door with her Team Leader authority codes. Thumper waited anxiously beside her.

~

IC: Mara Quiver - Hero Factory, Storage Closet

Quiver curled up tightly in her storage closet, shivering. She was peacefully painting when the call went out about a murderer, and the request to stay where she was. Which was fine with her. She had locked the door, left a deceiving message on it, and hid in her closet. She clutched her rifle tightly to her chest for comfort.

She heard someone on the other side of the door. Quark? She perked up, but hesitated. Was it the murderer mimicking Quark's voice? She was sure no one would mind if she hid in here a little longer, either way. She shrunk to the back of the closet as her room's door clicked open of its own accord. Oh, it was the murderer, it has to be. Murderers could unlock doors so easily. She tried to still her shaking, as the noise of her rifle rattling against her armour was producing a sound that almost deafened her.

Heavy footsteps thudded slowly inside, and then paused at the closet. She froze as the closet doors were opened, and...

"Mara!" Thumper cried happily, opening her arms. Quiver sprung into them, never having felt more relieved in her life. Quark- the real Quark, not a murderer pretending to be her- was standing behind them.

"Good to see you, Quiver. We're heading for the repair bay, and you're not leaving my sight until this murder business is all over and done with."

Quiver then realised that the part of Thumper she was hugging had a very big dent where there shouldn't have been any. She had miscellaneous other injuries, too, like something had bitten at her and pummelled her into the ground. She looked up with alarm. "E-Ellie, are you okay? You're- You're hurt..."

"I'm fine," Thumper grinned. "I wrestled a dinosaur!"

Quiver's eyes grew wide. "You're so c-cool."

"Thanks, Mara!"

After Quiver had strapped her rifle to her back they started on their way to the repair bay, but Quiver couldn't keep up as they headed down the halls. She kept hearing noises- everyday, run-of-the-mill noises, but amplified by the sheer silence and stressful situation. Thumper glanced at her. "You all right, Mara?"

Quark then waved a hand. "Thumper, I believe the situation calls for Mara-1 Formation."

Thumper grinned before bending her knees enough for Quiver to climb on her back. Quiver was a little embarrassed- especially how her team leader tried to make it less unusual by having actual formation names for 'Quiver's too overwhelmed and/or frightened to move'- but she appreciated the effort. She clutched Thumper's shoulders as the bigger Hero stood.

"Keep an audial out for danger, Quiver," said Quark, as if she'd just asked them to form rank.

"Y-Yes," she nodded in response. They kept moving.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM NPC FURNO

"Helen, the turbine was alone in the middle of a biological impact zone. A villain placed it there for nefarious purposes. There is no sign that it was providing power to the city."

GM NPC FLYER BEASTS (17) & SPITTER BEAST & BREEZE(NEAR FERRO)

The flyer beasts surrounded Jason Ferro, trying to tackle Jason to the ground. Breeze fired at the brains from above, only to get chased off by a flyer beast that flew after her.

GM NPC NEX

Nex, stunned and distracted by the random coolant blasts, got knocked down the hall by the battering ram.

GM IC STRIKER (& VEX & ??? - BOTTOM OF THE LAKE)

Striker, if he swam past the other turbine's demise, would find that there was a current down here - violently pulling him down the tunnel. There was a metal ladder he might be able to grab onto.

He would be able to see that he was now above a violent underground river. To his left and right were two turbines, both active, and both covered in electric fields. He might be able to glimpse a similar Hexagonal plug in between the turbines, the opposite way of where he had come. 

Above the ladder, should he be able to grab onto it, was a small shaft. It would be, for Striker, a very tight fit if he was to exit that way - clearly designed for civilian maintenance crews to get inside this area to work on the turbines below.

Marcus Vex and the fake Makuro would be able to swim out of the lake right now without issue if Striker warned them quickly. Striker, unless he was a very good swimmer, would struggle to avoid being pulled into the turbines if he let go of the ladder (or failed to grab it in the first place), a probably deadly fate.   

IC: Cobra Shard - Fighting Nex in the Hospital

Evil Shard made good use of the other Hero's brief moment of inactivity and kicked the Drift-cube at him. Then he pulled himself inside Master's room and slammed the door close. Grabbing hold of the flailing hose, he aimed it at the door-knob, sealing the entry with a thick layer of ice. With one final blast, the tube went limp. A flashing red light on the Hero's HUD informed him that his coolant levels were now at 0%. The brain and it's host slumped against the wall and drew a few deep breaths. "Hey you guys," He called to the other brains in the room. "Mind giving me a hand with this joker?"

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Jason Ferro- 17v1

Jason had no time to react as beasts swarmed him from all sides, completely trapping him under their weight. He tried to fight back, but every inch of his body was pinned. There was only one way out of this. Concentrating as hard as he could, Jason created the strongest magnetic fields he could muster. Instantly, he felt the beasts start to give way. Their strength held him for a moment longer, but the magnetic fields were just too strong. Jason saw light once again as the beast's hold finally gave way, and the magnetic field flung him several dozen feet into the air, above the heads of even the airborne flyer beasts. Recovering from the initial shock quickly, Jason sprayed a hail of bullets down towards the ship.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Mr. Vyle is going to the conference on Antropolis...or somewhere else? I'm confused.

GM NPC EVIL BRAINS

The evil brains rolled the bed toward the door to barricade it. 

GM NPC NEX 

Nex was hit by the other Hero, stunning him again. Gritting his teeth, he painfully began reassembling his plasma blaster to radiate heat to warm him and Drift up. 

OOC: Note: I'm allowing PyroLizard's post on behalf of the fact that the flyer beasts are Green-lit NPCs that can be controlled by players. In a Red-NPC or against a PC, I wouldn't allow this sort of action, as it borders on illegal bunnying. (Just so no one gets confused.)

GM NPC FLYER BEASTS (17) & BREEZE

One of the flyer beasts tried to swoop in on Ferro and bit his midsection in half, but Breeze saw that and blasted his brain off.

Below, the other beasts waited for Ferro to crash back down to what was rapidly becoming the ocean as the boat pulled away. Breeze was approaching to try to stop that, but a few enemies were trailing her too... 

IC: Wilbur Flood - Dropship

Flood felt a lot better; the way Furno put it, it sounded very reasonable. He chimed in, "The turbine in question would have violated at least three of the galactic environmental conservation laws. If it, somehow, was providing power, then it was doing so illegally, and at great cost to the environment."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper, Dorothy Quark and Mara Quiver - Hero Factory

The walk to the repair bay was uneventful. Quark glanced in and, finding it to be free of noticeable danger, waved the other two through before entering. Thumper allowed Quiver to slide off her back and looked around hopefully.

Without turning around, Quark said, "Bulk's probably still in one of the closed off rooms, if they're still working on him."

Thumper felt her faceplates burn and babbled frantically, "I wasn't- I mean I was just-"

Quark turned to the rookie. "Quiver, take Thumper over to that empty repair unit. I'll find a technician. Give a shout if anything happens, all right?"

"C-Can't you stay?" asked Quiver, worriedly. Quark's expression softened and she gripped Quiver's shoulder firmly.

"I'm not going far. You and Thumper will be fine. You can listen out for danger, and Thumper can do something about that danger if you can't. Be brave, Mara. You're going to be fine." A rare, almost unheard of smile quirked the side of her mouth, but only for a moment. "Besides, with how Thumper has been acting lately, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to run off and find Bulk if left unsupervised."

"Dotty," Thumper groaned, covering her face in her hands.

"Don't you 'Dotty' me, young lady. Once this is all over and done with, you are in a lot of trouble." Her attention turned back to Quiver. "You're going to be all right. Look after each other. I'll be back in a minute."

With a final pat on the shoulder, Quark left to find a technician. Quiver and Thumper went to the repair unit, Thumper tossing herself onto it, arms resting under her head. She turned to Quiver with a grin. "I've been here twice in one day. A new record, I think. They tell me I'm doing wonders for the recycling program."

When Quiver could only manage a weak smile in return, Thumper extended a hand with a warmer, more empathetic expression. "Quark's right, you know. We're Heroes, and we're sticking together. We'll be fine. They're probably midway through catching the murderer already."

Quiver nodded, though uncertainly, and took the hand that Thumper offered her.

• Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Mr. Vyle is going to the conference on Antropolis...or somewhere else? I'm confused.

OOC: Yeah. He's just flying the dropship away from the hospital to go park it somewhere else. 

IC: Jason Ferro- About to take a swim

As he fell back down to the ship, Jason attempted to land on the back of the Splitter Beast. The creature however, anticipated the move, and proceeded to swat Ferro out of the air. The hero was sent flying into the ocean, roughly 50 feet away from the ship...

OOC:

Also, new profile:

Villain Profile

Name: Scourge

Powers and abilities: Scourge is able to regenerate damaged body parts, allowing it to survive many injuries without medical attention. The process is not instantaneous, and it cannot regenerate it's metal bones, or from wounds that kill it instantly. It's mouth is filled with shark-like teeth, and secretes saliva that increases in corrosiveness the longer it's exposed to oxygen. At peak acidity, it allows it to consume metallic objects as easily as a predatory animal would consume meat. The saliva doesn't act quickly enough to be practical for combat, however. On it's back are extendable metallic insectoid legs, with which it can use to attack or climb walls. It possesses high intelligence, and is knowledgeable on the anatomy of many different species. It has poor physical strength however, and will not face opponents in groups, preferring to retreat instead. It is worth making note, however, that the lack of strength does not apply to the insect legs, which are easily powerful enough to impale someone.

Weapons: Scourge carries a needle gun with needles filled with very powerful sedatives, as well as a cloaking device, allowing it to capture victims quietly, and without drawing attention. It also has a ship, which contains a table with restraints, used for "shutting down" his prisoners before consumption. The ship is weaponless, as it is a repurposed cargo Vessel.

Appearance: Scourge is noticably taller than a regular hero, but extremely thin, causing it to look almost skeletal. It's skin is a deep purple color, as well as transparent, making it's metal bones visible. Breaking up the purple are several sections of metal "armor" covering it's chest, lower torso, forearms, hands, shins, feet, and most of it's head. It's head has almost no flesh visible, as even it's seven eyes are covered by a dull yellow visor. Below the visor is a wide, lipless mouth, filled with razor sharp metal teeth, often dripping with bright green saliva, and surrounded by four mandible-like objects, which it can use to grip victims as he consumes them. On top of the head are a pair of flat horns, facing skyward like a macabre crown.

Bio: Scourge was created by a wealthy criminal organization as a means of interrogating and disposing of prisoners. After serving this purpose for many years, the organization's base was attacked by Arsenal, and most of the high ranking members were killed. With the organization disbanded, Scourge was unleashed upon the Galaxy, where it's actions soon earned it it's name. For, as hero factory now knows, Scourge can only produce the energy needed to sustain it's life by consuming inorganic material. Additionally, it's semi mechanical brain has been programmed to seek out these materials only from living things. These two traits combined have caused Scourge to go about the galaxy kidnapping, killing, and eating innocents, all for the sake of self preservation. Even worse, it enjoys the consumption of other beings, particularly Heroes, as their cores give him enough energy to survive for months. Hero Factory has received more warrants for it's arrest than almost any other known criminal, barring X-plode. They have yet to capture it, citing it's adeptness at hiding as the main reason why. The galaxy will certainly sleep better when they do...

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Hero Profile:  

Name: Lilith Specter - "The Wraith"

Powers and Abilities: 

Primary:

Phasing: Lilith can phase through matter, and is able to fly while in this state unhindered by gravity or friction, and can get up to an acceleration of 20m/s2 with enough effort.

Invisibility: Lilith can become completely invisible, owing to a similar function as the one that gives her the ability to phase, except this one making her entirely phase through light, meaning it cannot reflect off of her. This function is separate from her matter phasing, although she can use both simultaneously.

Secondary:

Silent: Her body is built to be as silent as possible, which means that it has little in the way of noisy machinery or servos, and her armour is noise absorbent, meaning it tends not to make much noise when it makes contact with something.

Nimble: Lilith is quick and agile, which helps with her preferred style of close combat.

Weapon(s): 

Stun batons: Lilith's close combat weapon of choice are two stun batons she is extremely efficient at using. These batons can knock out most opponents in only a few hits. They are connected to her powers, and phase through matter or light when she does.

Stun rifle: Lilith's long range projectile weapon of choice is a sniper rifle that fires powerful stun bolts. The rifle has several settings that allow her to adjust the intensity of the stun. The rifle is connected to her powers, and phases through matter or light when she does.

Silenced stun pistol: Lilith's short range projectile weapon of choice is a silenced pistol that fires powerful stun bolts. The pistol has several settings that allow her to adjust the intensity of the stun. The gun is connected to her powers, and phases through matter or light when she does.

Appearance: 

Lilith has dark grey and gunmetal armour with white light lines that form geometric patterns. She can turn these light lines off for stealth purposes. She is average in height, and quite slim. Her hero core and eyes glow in lilac.

Bio:

Lilith was built as a well-rounded stealth hero, although she decided to do regular hero duties instead, thinking of herself as a support hero to those heroes that have a more direct approach. She is amiable, and not very confrontational, although enraging her (as difficult as that can be) can lead to horrible consequences. She despises those heroes that do not hesitate to kill others, viewing killing as revolting and abhorrent. 

Not approved, simply because the phasing has the potential to make her invulnerable. 

IC: Markus Vex - Underground Lake.

He switched direction and began swimming back upwards, confused as to why there'd been no current earlier on. Even if the turbine he'd blown up hadn't been working, the others should've been moving the water in some noticeable capacity. 

Also, new profile:

Villain Profile

Powers and abilities: Scourge is able to regenerate damaged body parts, allowing it to survive many injuries without medical attention. The process is not instantaneous, and it cannot regenerate it's metal bones, or from wounds that kill it instantly. It's mouth is filled with shark-like teeth, and secretes saliva so corrosive that it can consume metallic objects as easily as a predatory animal would consume meat. On it's back are extendable metallic insectoid legs, with which it can use to attack or climb walls. It possesses high intelligence, and is knowledgeable on the anatomy of many different species. It has poor physical strength however, and will not face opponents in groups, preferring to retreat instead.

Weapons: Scourge carries a needle gun with needles filled with very powerful sedatives, as well as a cloaking device, allowing it to capture victims quietly and without drawing attention. It's ship carries a torture chamber in the back, but is weaponless, as it is a repurposed cargo ship.

Appearance: Scourge is slightly taller than an XL hero, but extremely thin, causing it to look almost skeletal. It's skin is a deep purple color, as well as transparent, making it's metal bones visible. Breaking up the purple are several sections of metal "armor" covering it's chest, lower torso, forearms, shins, and most of it's head. It's head has almost no flesh visible, as even it's seven eyes are covered by a dull yellow visor. Below the visor is a wide, lipless mouth, filled with razor sharp metal teeth, often dripping with bright green saliva, and surrounded by four mandible-like objects, which it can use to grip victims as he consumes them. On top of the head are a pair of flat horns, facing skyward like a macabre crown.

Bio: Scourge was created by a wealthy criminal organization as a means of interrogating and disposing of prisoners. After serving this purpose for many years, the organization's base was attacked by Arsenal, and most of the high ranking members were killed. With the organization disbanded, Scourge was unleashed upon the Galaxy, where it's actions soon earned it it's name. For, as hero factory now knows, Scourge can only produce the energy needed to sustain it's life by consuming inorganic material. Additionally, it's semi mechanical brain has been programmed to seek out these materials only from living things. These two traits combined have caused Scourge to go about the galaxy kidnapping, killing, and eating innocents, all for the sake of self preservation. Even worse, it enjoys the consumption of other beings, particularly Heroes, as their cores give him enough energy to survive for months. Hero Factory has received more warrants for it's arrest than almost any other known criminal, barring X-plode. They have yet to capture it, citing it's adeptness at hiding as the main reason why. The galaxy will certainly sleep better when they do...

Also not approved, simply because of the implicit ship-with-a-torture-chamber mention. Also might be slightly overpowered - I'm concerned that the corrosive acid will be instakill. 

IC: ??? - In Underground Lake

He didn't need telling twice. He turned and swam away from the mouth of the new passage as fast as he could, heading for the surface. He was sure the Hero in the passage was fine- after all, there had been no screams or any indication anything bad had happened to him, nor had his voice sounded like he was being pulled away.

OOC:

Edited. It no longer has a dedicated torture chamber, and the idea behind the corrosive saliva is that it allows it to eat metal without having to spend all day tearing it into chunks small enough to swallow. If a hero can get if off quickly, they'll be fine.

IC: Anamnesis - Hero Factory. 

As he entered the hangar bay, Anamnesis spotted his next target: Donald Heck. He wasn't anyone special, just a general maintenance guy, but he'd been the one to steal the hero core, to let the other conspirators into the assembly tower in the first place. 

In a way, he was responsible for the whole thing. 

He was crouched under a suspended dropship, conducting repairs to its underside. As much as he wanted to confront the man, look him in the eyes and tear him limb from limb, this was too good an opportunity to pass up. Keeping out of the line of sight of the security cameras, he made sure certain there was no one within earshot, then loosened a mechanism near the worksite, loosening the cable. The ship dropped, and Donald Heck was compacted before he even had a chance to cry out, crushed where he stood by the weight of the vessel. The death would look like nothing more than a tragic accident.

He slunk away to the man's workstation and interfaced with his computer, sending a message to the final three targets: Help! Someone knows what we did. They killed Vale, then came after me! I got away, but the rest of you aren't safe. Meet me in my room, ASAP. We need to get out of here...

His work done, Anamnesis stepped away from the console and slunk out of the hangar... 

GM NPC ZIB

Zib looked up from his computer and forwarded the message to Flint and Titanos. "This message was sent from the hangar bay, so I recommend you go there first before going to the guy's room." He showed the locations of both on the Hero's HUDs. 

As he fell back down to the ship, Jason attempted to land on the back of the Splitter Beast. The creature however, anticipated the move, and proceeded to swat Ferro out of the air. The hero was sent flying into the ocean, roughly 50 feet away from the ship...

OOC:

Also, new profile:

Villain Profile

Powers and abilities: Scourge is able to regenerate damaged body parts, allowing it to survive many injuries without medical attention. The process is not instantaneous, and it cannot regenerate it's metal bones, or from wounds that kill it instantly. It's mouth is filled with shark-like teeth, and secretes saliva that increases in corrosiveness the longer it's exposed to oxygen. At peak acidity, it allows it to consume metallic objects as easily as a predatory animal would consume meat. The saliva doesn't act quickly enough to be practical for combat, however. On it's back are extendable metallic insectoid legs, with which it can use to attack or climb walls. It possesses high intelligence, and is knowledgeable on the anatomy of many different species. It has poor physical strength however, and will not face opponents in groups, preferring to retreat instead.

Weapons: Scourge carries a needle gun with needles filled with very powerful sedatives, as well as a cloaking device, allowing it to capture victims quietly, and without drawing attention. It also has a ship, which contains a table with restraints, used for "shutting down" his prisoners before consumption. The ship is weaponless, as it is a repurposed cargo Vessel.

Appearance: Scourge is slightly taller than an XL hero, but extremely thin, causing it to look almost skeletal. It's skin is a deep purple color, as well as transparent, making it's metal bones visible. Breaking up the purple are several sections of metal "armor" covering it's chest, lower torso, forearms, shins, and most of it's head. It's head has almost no flesh visible, as even it's seven eyes are covered by a dull yellow visor. Below the visor is a wide, lipless mouth, filled with razor sharp metal teeth, often dripping with bright green saliva, and surrounded by four mandible-like objects, which it can use to grip victims as he consumes them. On top of the head are a pair of flat horns, facing skyward like a macabre crown.

Approved.

OOC: Yeah. He's just flying the dropship away from the hospital to go park it somewhere else. 

OOC: I'll just let him drive and handle that park job himself. :P

• Upvote 1

OOC:

Also, new profile:

Villain Profile

Powers and abilities: Scourge is able to regenerate damaged body parts, allowing it to survive many injuries without medical attention. The process is not instantaneous, and it cannot regenerate it's metal bones, or from wounds that kill it instantly. It's mouth is filled with shark-like teeth, and secretes saliva that increases in corrosiveness the longer it's exposed to oxygen. At peak acidity, it allows it to consume metallic objects as easily as a predatory animal would consume meat. The saliva doesn't act quickly enough to be practical for combat, however. On it's back are extendable metallic insectoid legs, with which it can use to attack or climb walls. It possesses high intelligence, and is knowledgeable on the anatomy of many different species. It has poor physical strength however, and will not face opponents in groups, preferring to retreat instead.

OOC: You know what I'm thinking? This guy and Marrow should get together sometime. They both:

1. Can consume metal,
  2. Can climb very quickly,
  3. Must constantly keep eating,
  4. And are good at hiding from the law.

This is looking like either the best fight of all time (well, beside Thumper vs T. Pecs) or the most lethal alliance ever.  :)

IC: Evil Cobra Shard - Antropolis Hospital With His Brain Buddies

Evil Shard turned towards the Master and asked, "Are you fully healed yet, Master?" He looked around the room to see if there was anything he could repair his damaged arm with...

OOC: Hang on, the brains are green too. Does that mean I can control them?  :evilbiggrin:

IC: Evil Cobra Shard - Antropolis Hospital With His Brain Buddies

Evil Shard turned towards the Master and asked, "Are you fully healed yet, Master?" He looked around the room to see if there was anything he could repair his damaged arm with...

OOC: Hang on, the brains are green too. Does that mean I can control them?  :evilbiggrin:

OOC: Yep, that's how this NPC system works. Just write something like: "NPC Evil Brains" to IC them, and you're good. Fun stuff. :)

GM IC COBRA SHARD

As Cobra Shard posed his question - he would notice that he was alone. His master was gone - there was no one else besides the brains and himself in the room. 

IC: Mr Vyle - Dropship.

Having safely departed from the hospital, he piloted the ship closer to where the conference was to be held and parked it in one of the public hangar bays. Dusting himself off, he stepped outside and began to walk towards the conference building. 

IC: Anamnesis - Hallway. 

Having left the hangar far behind and mingled in with the crowds in the halls once more, Anamnesis lamented on his progress. He'd slain Heck and Vale. Two down, three left.

Three cruel, callous individuals whose ignorance and audacity surpassed any he had encountered: The technician Emily Sharp, maintenance supervisor John Flak, and the publicist who'd masterminded of the whole thing, Sara Module. They had given him life, and somehow believed that they owned it, that they had the write to take it away from their creation.

But now the tables had turned.

First, he would take their lives, and then he would take down the organisation the creators had tried to make him obey. 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

OOC: What do you mean by "Breez dived into Ferro"? From what I gathered, Breez is on the ship with the beasts, while Ferro has already hit the water by this point.

OOC: So I can control the brain horde... haha.. Hahahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHA... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

IC: Evil Cobra Shard - Where is Master?

Evil Shard was confused for a second before he realized the Master must have had some way of teleporting out of the room. Maybe that horse-guy had taken him away? Well, it didn't matter now. It was only a matter of time before those pest Heroes got back in the action. They didn't know the Master wasn't here anymore. However, he wanted the use of his right arm back before that happened. He activated the repair station Master had used earlier and settled in to let it do its work.

IC: NPC Braaaiiinss - Antropolis Hospital

The evil braaaiiinss all climbed onto the bed pushed up against the door, ready to jump at anyone who tried to come through.

OOC: What do you mean by "Breez dived into Ferro"? From what I gathered, Breez is on the ship with the beasts, while Ferro has already hit the water by this point.

GM post IC removed. I meant that she tried to save him from hitting the water, but if it's too late, ok. I'll write a different story tomorrow. 

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

"We'll send for a maintenance crew to confirm this," she replied flatly, her otherwise silvery voice still frosty as ever. "Now, if you two are finished dismantling the turbine, I'd appreciate it if you'd pull the wreckage out and onto the beach -- the city can fetch it at their leisure. After that, you may continue your search for enslaved beasts or head over to the dam as Zib requested."

IC Flint [Hero Factory - Hangar Bay]:

Flint slowed his pace, if only to read the message without running into anything, and paused by the entrance to the hangar. "Already on it," he answered Zib in a low voice as he motioned for Titanos to wait. All sounded quiet within the hangar, but Flint wasn't about to go blundering in and get his head blown off. He peered through the door, hand hovering over his holstered pistol, and slipped inside. 

The vast room was seemingly deserted, which was unusual, even during a lockdown. One would think the technicians and mechanics would still be tinkering away on the dropships, but it seemed that whoever was on duty had slipped out. Flint motioned for Titanos to follow him in (if he wasn't already) as he quietly moved towards one of the computer terminals used to record the comings and goings of all HF aircraft. Perhaps the device could tell him whether or not any pods or dropships had been launched without authorization within the last half hour, shield or no shield. For all HF knew, the message could be a diversion, causing the Heroes to keep searching the Assembly Tower long after the villain had escaped.

OOC:

OOC: So I can control the brain horde... haha.. Hahahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHA... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

flmt1.gif

Edited by FallenCor
  • Upvote 3

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Flood was incredibly relieved that the mission manager seemed to believe them. However, he wasn't sure whether to find more beasts or investigate the power plant. On the one hand, those poor brained Beasts would need their help, and he didn't want them to suffer the evil parasites attached to their heads longer than necessary. If they did end up going to the power plant, he wouldn't feel right unless they got back to their original mission of rescuing the beasts.

On the other hand, if, by some ridiculous chance, the turbine was not constructed by villains, he had some stern words to think aggressively at whoever was running the plant before asking to see their clearance certificates for such a thing. If it was a villain-construct, then visiting there would no doubt bring some answers and name-clearing to the Hero Factory, especially if they required Hero help. The hydroelectric plant was looking like the better option, but he figured it would be wise to consult with Furno on what to do.

For now, the turbine had to be cleared out of the water. Though he had some doubts about fitting the thing in the hold, perhaps they could tie it to the craft.

He thanked the mission manager before turning to Furno. "Do we have a length of cable aboard? We could drag or lift the turbine by attaching it to the ship."

GM IC COBRA SHARD

Cobra Shard would find that this room wasn't exactly equipped to repair him. This area was an organic being's operating room, not a robot repair station. 

GM IC FLINT

There was a record of Thumper's, Jade's and Quark's arrival after the murder. There was also a record of a dropship about to depart, but that authorization was by Preston Stormer himself and cleared by Zib. 

The next record was of Breeze's departure by Hero Pod, right before the murder was committed, but there was plenty of record that Breeze had actually left, and the murderer could hardly have squeezed with her in that space. 

GM IC FLINT & TITANOS (HANGAR BAY)

Either Flint or Titanos might notice a dropship on its belly in an odd position...

GM NPC BREEZE

Breeze landed on the boat deck, trying to find out where the boat was going. That was more important than Ferro.

GM NPC FURNO

Furno shook his head, pointing to the axle with the turbine blades getting shoved down the river, while the metal shell remained in place. Then, the apparatus - turbine, shell, and all - vanished. 

IC: Jason Ferro- Taking an unexpected swim

The last thing Jason remembered was falling through the air, preparing to land on the back of a huge beast and disable it's brain like a true hero. The next thing he knew, he was underwater with a huge pain in his chest, and the ship quickly gaining distance. Though he had been sent to Antropolis to neutralize any villains in the city before Mr. Makuro's arrival, Hero factory thankfully had the foresight to waterproof his gear before sending him off. That wouldn't help him now, though, being miles away from any land... He could see the ship, but it going too fast for him to catch up by swimming. Ferro began to panic as he realized that he may very well die alone out here, before he looked down to his wrist... Moments later, Jason fired a harpoon, at the same magnetizing both it and the ship's hull. Instantly, he was jerked towards the ship as he heard the dull sound of the harpoon hitting it. He was too weak to climb back onto the vessel at the moment, but at least he was safe for the time being. He just hoped that none of the beasts realized that he wasn't quite out for the count just yet...

OOC: Four! I mean five! I mean fire!

IC: Evil Cobra Shard - Antropolis Hospital repair room

Evil Shard unwittingly pressed the button to activate the repair station and immediately found himself regretting it when needles and scalpels began to unfold on long, spidery arms. He rammed the "off" switch as hard as he could (damaging his right arm even more) and jumped out of the station, badly rattled.

IC: NPC Evil Brainz - On the Bed

The evil brainz on the bed snickered at him.

IC: Evil Cobra Shard - Antropolis Hospital repair room

Evil Shard glared at the evil brainz on the bed. "Let's see one of you control this guy!"

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"... Huh." He frowned very slightly as the turbine disappeared. "I... I think something might have taken it. I mean, there was no serious current in the area, except from what the turbine itself generated. And it seems to have been heading upriver. But I didn't see anything- or anyone- nearby... This mission keeps getting weirder and weirder."

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory.

He made his way back inside, wondering what kind of villain would be powerful and audacious enough to infiltrate Hero Factory itself and start murdering people. He'd met some nasty bots in his time, but that was a whole new level of evil...

GM NPC NEX

Nex finished thawing out the Alex Drift-sicle. He took out his triage kit to revive the pilot to consiousness. 

GM NPC FURNO

Furno glared at the dropship screen. "Zib, I need a catalog of all villains with teleportation powers, and an analysis of who on Antropolis could have moved this turbine."

GM NPC ZIB

"The brain master!" Zib said immediately. "He has teleportation powers! No wonder!" He switched channels. "Marcus Vex, Striker, come in."

GM NPC FURNO

"Let's not jump to conclusions, Zib." Furno said. "The turbine was generating power..." He then trailed off, realizing that the turbine could have not been generating power out here...or could it?

GM IC STRIKER

As if on cue, something hit the ladder above Striker, hard. He would be able to maintain his grip on the ladder, but he would feel the impact. If he looked up, he would see a big metal thing blocking the ladder's opening. 

GM NPC TUNNELER BEASTS (FREE FROM THE BRAINS - BY THE LAKE)

The tunneler beasts above Marcus and Fakeuro began boring their way through one of the walls of the chamber, heading for their home.  

GM NPC STORMER (W/KATHRINE)

Stormer took off with Kathrine, heading for Antropolis. The conference was finally going to begin.

OOC: Sorry for delays. I was kind of waiting for Flint/Titanos and Kathrine to respond, but I'll do without. 

IC: Markus Vex - Underground Lake shore.

"Striker's busy, can I take a message?" 

Flood glanced over. "What I wish to know is, why would anyone require a wrecked turbine? It was destroyed utterly, and thus unable to be used for anything in its current form. And yet, they took it. Why? Evidence concealing, perhaps? But why? We know it's there. Perhaps there was something about the turbine itself..."

He shook his head. "And I doubt it could have generated enough energy to warrant building it. Out in the open like that, it would have fallen to disrepair quickly. It makes no sense."

~

IC: ??? - Lakeside

He clambered out of the lake and wiped the water from his face as best he could. This day was just going from bad to worse, wasn't it? He glanced to the side and saw the beasts tunnelling. It was tempting to go with them, but he didn't want to be alone with those beasts. The Heroes, at least, could be reasoned with. Still, it was a possible escape route if things went south.

GM NPC ZIB

"Marcus, the brain master is moving turbines around that are providing Antropolis' power supply. That's a theory, but it's a very good one. Do not blow up any more turbines."

GM NPC CIVILLIANS OF ANTROPOLIS (AT THE DAM)

Indeed, not long after Zib's call, the citizens who had been sent to investigate the dam found, oddly, that all of the turbines except one were missing.

Even more odd, all the power conduits except two were active, providing power to the city, despite the fact that the turbines weren't actually there.

​One of the civilians got on the phone. "Hero Factory, we have an update," and explained the situation to a call center operator... 

GM NPC FURNO

"He didn't require it for anything." Furno said. "My guess is that he wanted us to wreck it, and now that it is wrecked, he doesn't want us to investigate it."

Edited by fishers64

IC: Alex Drift - As In "Snow" Drift 

Drift sat up, rubbing his arms. Why didn't he have cold-resistant armor and some punk rookie did? Nodding his thanks to Nex, Drift realized that the conference had to be starting soon. They had to get back to Mr. Makuro... but not before dealing with the Brain Master. The pilot climbed to his feet and warily tested the door. It seemed to be stuck, but he could tell it wasn't locked. Maybe the kid had frozen it from the other side? He examined the crack between the door and the wall and this to be the case. "Can you get through this with you cutter?" He asked Nex.

IC: Evil Cobra Shard and Co. - Antropolis Hospital repair room

Evil Shard and his brain friends tensed as they heard muffled talking on the other side of the door.

"But... why would he want it wrecked if it's his own turbine?" Flood shook his head. "When things are this strange, you know the plot behind it is complicated and dastardly."

OOC: Guessing Team Will has heard no news about the missing turbines update yet.