fishers64

IC: Anamnesis - Corridor. 

He stood there calmly, continuing to absorb power from the recharging station while he turned to face the camera. "I'm not stupid. I infiltrated your factory, killed your workers," he spat, "And even though I was doing you fools a favour in ridding your ranks of those traitors, you heroes have been shooting to kill. I know what'll become of me if I surrender." 

He sent a bolt of electricity crackling from his form, fragmenting the camera, "This can only end one way - in death and destruction. And I don't intend for it to be mine." He stepped away from the recharging station and broke into a run once more...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Wolfe [Quark's Ship]:

This was too good to pass up and he knew it. "Well, as you girls know, Tansari VI is basically a glorified lightning farm," he continued, leaning forward as an old man does when telling a story. "Quark and I and a few other guys were sent on a mission to nab this duo of villains..."

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

All Anamnesis received in reply was a cocked eyebrow. "Fascinating," Helen muttered in a decidedly uninterested voice. She pinpointed the location of the now ruined camera and sent its coordinates to all Heroes on that floor. "Here's a good starting point. Get over there ASAP, but be careful," he told them with an almost uncharacteristic hint of genuine concern.

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

"Watch yourself," he scowled, moving around the other hero. Confused though he was as to how she'd gotten so close without him detecting her, he wasn't going to risk giving himself away, "That killer's still on the loose." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Quark Qrew - Quark's Ship

Quark grumbled something about being half-tempted to crash the ship, but kept flying. Thumper leaned forwards excitedly, and even Quiver peeked from the back of her chair to listen.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Echo - Hero Factory Hangar 44-B

Another alert, another set of coordinates. The Heroes needed to adapt better than this. Their adversary was fast and relentless; he'd already moved on. "Come on," he beckoned his two terrified charges over. "Let's get up high." Echo led Sharp and Flak over to the lift and sent them up to the catwalk he'd occupied earlier. They'd be safer up there than on the ground. Once they were fully up, he used his map of the hangar to navigate through the darkness back to the terminal he'd used to disrupt the security feeds and opened up a large panel. Using the meager light that filtered in from the doorway, he examined the mess of wires inside and began trying to re-establish power.

IC: Cobra Shard - Hero Factory Medical Wing

Once the med-team reached medical, Shard climbed out of the streeetcheeer and into a repair bay. Time to undo all the considerable damage he'd sustained on Streptos II...

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Wolfe [Death Bus]:

He pretended to ignore Quark. "So we went planetside sometime before dawn (not that you could tell with the perpetual cloud cover), and made for one of the lightning collector stations. We split up into teams to try and corner the villains, but I got separated from Dorothy. Now, she was really into this show once called Star Trip..."

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

"Now hold on," Quark snapped loudly, cutting him off. "Star Trip was an excellent show and well ahead of its time. It was reasonable to be immersed in the story. I want to point that out right now."

Quiver was smiling a little wider; she could apparently guess where this was headed. Quark nearly demanded she wipe that smile off her face, but simply didn't have the heart to.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Vestak, since Fishers is away for the time being, I'm inclined to say no to the explosive bullets. What do the rest of you think? The only reason I would allow it is because this fight is about to become five-against-one.

OOC: Ok then.  You guys do have good points.  I've edited the post to remove the grenades.

IC Kathrine:

I was frozen. The update from one of the Mission Managers was pulsing in front of my vision. This was the room that had been marked. I'd arrived here literally a split second after it had dropped. 

This person in front of me.....

My left hand clenched unconsciously.

I stepped into his path with thruster aided speed, leveling my right arm at him. It shook slightly.

"I'm afraid I can't let you pass."

Despite how scared I was, my voice was surprisingly even as I silently sent a distress signal from my location. I knew there was no way I could take on  a killer at half charge. I only hoped I could keep him busy long enough for reinforcements to get here.

IC: Scourge- Mechron City, watching his dinner being prepared...

Life had been hard on the monstrosity known as "Scourge" recently. With large criminal organizations making bolder and bolder moves, Heros were now being more and more often sent out in groups large enough to be considered a small army. This made the task of capturing the unwise rookies who made the fatal mistake of straying from their group much more difficult, without being spotted at least. For you see, it was these newcomers who made up the majority of Scourge's diet, as the Veterans had begun to wise up to it's tricks, never going anywhere without a partner. This left it in an increasing state of despair... And hunger. Now reduced to feeding on the corpses left over from other Villain's attacks, Scourge had become like a parasite, living entirely off of other beings' work.

Viewing Night Stalker's attack from a safe distance away through a set of Heptoculars, the starving creature desperately waited for the attack to end and give him an opportunity to finally feed...

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

He sighed, his form flickering visibly, "There are only two people in this building I want to kill, Hero," he spoke softly, "and you are not one of them. So for your sake, get out of my way." 

IC Kathrine:

My hand, softly pulsing with plasma, shook once more. How could I even try and stop this guy? Already he'd killed two people! What's more, I was barely at half charge!

But....I was also a Hero. I had a responsibility.

"You....you've killed people. And you plan on killing more. I...I can't just stand aside."

My face set. My core charge flickered just ever so slightly higher, and effect that was mirrored by my Core and eyes flaring brightly. I was a Hero. Rookie or no, I couldn't let a killer go free while I still had power in my body.

"My name is Kathrine Scarlet, and I'm stopping you right here.

"There's bravery, and there's stupidity," this close, he could sense how low the hero's core charge was, likely the reason he hadn't detected her initial approach, "Right now, you're embracing the latter." Without another word, he sent a searing bolt of energy lancing forth from his chest, aimed right for the foolish hero's centre of mass. 

OOC: "Oh the drama! The tension! You two should have become actors instead of murderers." -Thok, Bionicle Legends 1: Island of Doom

(Not 100% sure about that.)

Nope. This computer was completely dead. The villain must've somehow managed to sever the main power line to Four-Four-Bravo to cause a power outage like this. With a small sigh, Echo removed an armor plate on his forearm and began wiring the terminal into his power supply. The only activity he'd engaged in since recharging was his short-lived burst of acrobatics when he'd sprung the trap on the killer, so he had enough Quaza charge to support the computer for at least a little while. The screen began to flicker dully.

• Upvote 1

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Kathrine:

There was a controversial theory among Heroes called 'acceptable losses'. I'd never really understood the term until just now. Or at least I thought I did. Acceptable loss was doing what was necessary, even if the cost was high, or personal. I'd later find out this applied to larger groups of people, and not the individual. That didn't matter, though. With a slight step right, the energy blot dug deep into my left shoulder, burning pain into my senses. An acceptable loss. Each move I made now would drain precious power. It was a race now, to find out which would give out first; my body, or my Core?

Not wasting any more time on those thoughts, I let off a burst of white hot plasma from my still out stretched right hand at the Villain's chest in kind. He had the advantage here. He was full of energy, I was not. He wasn't dependent on highly draining attacks, I was.

Even the single burst of fire I'd let loose had dropped me a percent of charge, I noted grimly.

Being made of pure energy meant that Anamnesis didn't feel pain, at least not in the conventional sense. But when his form was damaged, when pieces of his very essence were scorched or torn or blasted away, he felt something... a sense of loss... of fragmentation and dissipation... simultaneously burning and numbing... a sensation he had come to think of as pain. 

And he felt that pain now, the plasma blast chewing into his chest as he threw himself at the hero, his lower left arm morphing into a blade that he sent plunging towards her torso.

Edited by Festive Australovenator

IC: Riot - Hanger 44B

Figuring that the door would've been a massive waste of time as he landed, Riot began bobbing and weaving his way through an adjacent hanger before finally emerging back out into the hallway.

Catching the broadcast not too long afterwards, he immediately set off towards the last known area where the Villain was sighted.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

Kathrine's distress call flared across Helen's datapad. The manager hailed Riot, Flint, and the other Heroes immediately, saying, "Make your way to the west corridor!" Kat's position was sent to each of their HUDs. "She's in no condition to be facing this rogue -- get her out of there!"

IC Flint [En Route]:

"Working on it," he white-armored Hero muttered as he ran for said location. He was practically around the corner now...

IC Wolfe [Digging His Grave Quark's Ship]:

"Whatever you say, Dorothy," he replied impishly, grinning all the while. "So anyway, I'm looking all over for her, in the dark, when suddenly--!" He paused for dramatic effect. "I hear singing down the hall..."

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Thumper was already starting to laugh. Quark's expression was growing more and more annoyed. They were nearly at the police station, but not close enough to cut off this story. Her grip tightenened on the steering array.

"I'm never driving you to a mission again," she growled. "Not without disconnecting your vocaliser."

That was it. On the return trip, she was bringing out the Pollux VI story. That would show him.

IC Kathrine:

I made a mental note that this.... Being could be damaged by my high temp plasma. That was good. It meant I at least stood a chance. I also noted his apparent ability to shapeshift his body.

Which meant that all his armaments were probably just as susceptible.

A single step back, and a much higher power burst of plasma at the offending weapon later and my core was three percent lower.

The blast caught part of the swiftly-descending blade while he was still mid-leap, shearing off about a third of it. But damaging his weapon wasn't enough to stop the momentum of his leap from carrying him forwards, or the remaining portion of the blade to continue plunging down towards her...

His attack hadn't been nearly as effective as he'd hoped, but even as the hero's hand smashed into his side and sent him stumbling, he got what he wanted. She'd let him go past her, and in her current condition, she wouldn't be able to keep up a pursuit for very long. 

He didn't need to kill the hero to beat her. 

The strike, and his own momentum ultimately sent him crashing into the wall a few feet further down the corridor, leaving a nasty dent in both the wall and himself. He fell sideways, landing on all fours...

...and shifting into canine form, already sprinting away from the hero. 

IC Flint [Corridor]:

He rounded the corner just in time to see Kathrine strike the villain, only for the latter to slip by and take off in the opposite direction. There wasn't enough room down this hallway for Flint to use his khopesh effectively, so his blaster would have to do. He probably couldn't keep up with the newly-shapeshifted villain anyway. "Duck!" he called to Kathrine, and fired off a number of shots at Anamnesis's fleeing form.

IC Wolf [Quark's Ship]:

"Oh, come now," the veteran laughed, "How could anyone deactivate this charming voice?" He gave Thumper and Quiver a good-natured eyeroll, as if to say 'can you believe her?'

He cleared his throat. "Where was I... Oh yes! So I came down this really dark passage and heard singing... As you've probably guessed, it was Dorothy. I could tell she was nervous or something, because I could just barely hear her. I crept closer and realized she was singing the theme for Star Trip, but with her own lyrics! It was the darnedest thing. I was about to sneak up behind her and spook her, but nah." He leaned in closer, pretending to talk in a low voice. "I recorded the whole thing."

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Anamnesis - Corridors.

Shoot first, negotiate never. Apparently that was the hero way. 

As he ran, laser and plasma blasts impacting on and around him, he idly wondered what his creators had been thinking when they'd created him. The heroes he'd encountered thus far had seemed just as vicious, cruel, and pragmatic as his makers had wanted him to be. Although perhaps the extreme violence and determination the heroes were exhibiting was merely because he'd infiltrated their inner sanctum, slaughtered what where incorrectly perceived to be innocents in what was supposed to be the safest place in the galaxy. After all, if word got out that the heroes couldn't even defend their factory properly...

...he let that train of thought momentarily idle as he rounded a corner, mercifully escaping his attacker's line of fire. If the schematics he'd accessed were correct, then he was getting close to an elevator, which would hopefully be able to take him to his intended destination. But another idea was forming in his mind, an insurance policy in case his current gamble failed. Even if he lost the battle, he refused to lose the war. 

IC Kat:

I wasn't about to let him go. At 43 percent, I boosted down the hall faster than even the villain in his canine form could go. I rounded the corner, determination burning in my eyes. 

"Stand down!" I shouted, both hands brimming with white hot plasma and levelled at the murderer.

IC: Anamnesis - Corridors. 

Anamnesis didn't stop. He turned his head briefly, making note of the hero's position and sending an energy bolt slashing from his back and into a ceiling light fixture just ahead of her. With any luck, the resulting explosion of sparks and light would slow or distract her long enough for him to make it to the elevator right around the next corner, just ahead of him... 

IC Kat:

It didn't. I let loose two high powered shots. On at his leg, the other at the elevator controls. The Panel erupted into flames before abruptly melting into a glowing mess, rendering it, and by extension the elevator it controlled, inoperable.

I stepped through the sparks, readying another shot.

"I said, Stand down!"

His leg snapped sideways, sending him skidding along the floor to come to a shuddering halt at the foot of the elevator. "Alright..." he rose unsteadily to his feet, shifting back into a bipedal form and leaning back against the elevator doors to support himself, "...you got me." 

As he spoke, a slim blade of energy sprouted from his back and slid itself between the elevator doors. Even if the couldn't use the elevator itself, he might be able to climb down the shaft. He just had to wait for the right moment...

"Was it a really cool theme song?" Thumper asked.

"Yes," Quark barked before Wolfe could get a word in. "It was the best theme song this side of the galaxy."

Quiver was trying to suppress her giggles beside her. Quark glanced out of the corner of her eye at the rookie. When Quark was a rookie herself, any mission outside the comfort of space made her uncomfortable. Nothing felt right on the surface of a planet; gravity tugged at her with too strong a grip, a lot of her specialised training was rendered useless, nothing worked like it was supposed to. Working with other Heroes alleviated the feeling somewhat, and as such, becoming separated from her teammate in that lightning farm had been nerve-wracking. When she'd heard Wolfe, laughing and poking fun at her theme song, she'd snapped at him, no longer appearing frightened but secretly relieved to have been found.

Quiver had never asked her why she had taken her on the team, but Quark knew she wondered. It wasn't out of pity or anything of the sort. She saw herself in her rookie days when she looked at the little sharpshooter- Quark may have been more much more outgoing and was the exact opposite of shy, but whenever the poor girl jumped at a loud noise or struggled to aim a shot over the loud clash of battle, Quark remembered a young rookie struggling to keep up with her teammates in planetside gravity, feeling just as useless and subpar as Quiver did.

Quark was thrown out of her reverie by Thumper. "Hey, Quark? Since I'm gonna be needing one if I'm going into the big wrestling leagues, can you make me a theme song?"

Quark scowled, not sure if Thumper was joking or not. It was hard to tell with that girl, sometimes. "Make your own theme song."

"Good idea! Oh! Maybe Wolfe can play your theme song, and I can get some inspiration-"

The craft landed, a little too roughly.

"We're here," Quark said quickly.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Good, power was re-established. Tapping in to all the cameras in the vicinity of the last alert, Echo soon found the villain. It appeared he was cornered at a destroyed elevator... but... 

No. It was only a matter of time before he slipped through. The Hero could already see the faint glow of energy where his back was reforming into something else, what exactly he couldn't tell. Echo identified several possible routes the killer could take from various points of exit along the elevator shaft and began sending a series of signals to Mission Control requesting the entire tube to be locked down. He wanted to talk to this villain after he had been captured. There was... something about him...

IC Kat:

I fired one more shot over his head, flash welding the doors shut. They weren't terribly hard to open, even when the elevator wasn't working. Designed that way, I guess. Keep people from being trapped inside if the elevator failed.

Well. Not anymore.

38 percent power. I was pushing it here.I was glad I had grabbed a set of cuffs when I went with Stormer.

One hand still aimed firmly at him, I pulled the cuffs from my belt, and approached the suspect. The cuffs locked onto his unique energy signature, and tugged at my hands in his direction. I didn't trust him enough to let the cuffs try and auto target though. If he destroyed them before I could get them on him, I'd be a sitting duck.

Though I suppose Flint was pretty close behind me......

Scowling, he began heating the blade on his back, discarding his current disguise to conserve energy. "I warned you before, hero." As Kathrine closed in on him with the cuffs, he kicked up off the floor, the heated blade sliding up between the elevator doors and searing through the still-molten section of the door. "You aren't the one I want to kill." 

He twisted around, the back blade dissolving as he wrenched open the glowing, smoking doors, and dived into the open elevator shaft... 

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker was starting to get tired of hiding behind a statue shooting at them.  One was down for the count but the others were still kicking, though they had all sustained some damage, and the rest were undoubtedly on the way.  He shifted his chameleon armor to show a smaller version of himself on the same pale blue background.  He jumped out from behind the statue, shooting gas bombs at the remaining 4 deputies, both to damage them and to cloud their vision.

He charges towards one, using his hammer to absorb the energy blasts. (It doesn't actually absorb, the hammer is just very durable and only take minor damage.)  As he runs, the image of himself gets bigger and bigger, until he is his full size.  He swings his hammer, taking a shot or two to the chest, crushing the deputy against the wall.  He doesn't stop moving this whole time, making it difficult for the deputies to hit him.  He dives through the already severely damaged desk, breaking through it easily and giving him a seconds rest as he prepares for another charge as the deputies' shots rip the desk apart.

IC: Riot - Hallways

Skidding onto the scene as the creature wrenched open the doors to a nearby elevator, the Hero raised his weapons and fired off a few slugs towards the escaping Villain, all while trying his hardest not to hit either of the two agents standing between him and his target.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Kathrine:

Checkmate.

Straight shot down, no where to go.

And only one of us could fly.

Faster than most eyes could follow, I'd rocketed down the shaft after the murderer. It took a fraction of a second to catch up. Freefall just doesn't compare to my speed in the air.

Clearly such speed had been underestimated by my quarry, if the look on his face was anything say about it. I grabbed his arm, and his shock was replaced by a grin of a spider who'd caught a fly. Warnings flashed across my eyes as he began to drain power directly from my core. Rapidly.

I only had a few seconds before I was..... well I'd rather not think about that.

With trained precision the first half of the cuffs slapped around his wrist. The Core drain immediately slowed to normal levels as the power blocking effects of the cuffs began to take hold. He hissed, trying to burn through the cuffs with that... weird energy power of his. Gritting my electronic teeth, I pulled his other arm across and slapped the other cuff on it.

Now all I had to do was avoid crushing us both to death against the elevator tht was quickly rising to meet us. I locked my grip around the chain, and poured everything I had into my Thrusters.

I swear, if this didn't get me assigned to a proper team, I didn't know what would.

Normally, outrunning one of the high speed elevators would hardly be a problem for me. But normally, I wasn't carrying the added weight of a criminal and running on.... I eyed the gauge. 12 percent. I grimaced internally. I wasn;t sure if I could make it. The open door seemed so far away. I had a choice. 

I could live. 

Or he could. 

I was a hero. I was worth more than this piece of garbage, easy.

But I was also a Hero. I had a responsibility. And Heroes don't kill if it isn't necessary.

With a scream of desperate rage, I heaved the criminal through the open door, following just a second behind.

That second cost me my legs. Core reading..... 5 percent.

I exhaled hard, trying my very hardest to ignore the fact that I no longer had legs and that there was a lot of warnings flashing across my vision. Flint and Riot looked like they'd seen someone die.

I decided to ease their minds a little.

"Medic." I croaked.

IC: Anamnesis.

As it turned out, the simplest of hero tools were the most effective against Anamnesis. The moment the first cuff slapped into place, he knew something was wrong. This sensation... familiar, yet strangely... inverted... The cuffs were draining his energy, the energy that he was made from, eating away at his essence and unraveling his form.  

He struggled, trying to melt through the cuff, but he was burning through his energy reserves too quickly. He stopped, trying to think of a different strategy... and then the other cuff clicked into place, and he knew it was over. All he could do was focus his powers, try to drain back his own lost power. He was stuck at an impasse, losing energy at the same rate he gained it. Equilibrium. He couldn't move, couldn't think, couldn't do anything except focus on preventing himself from being destroyed. 

So when Kathrine flung the paralysed Anamnesis through the elevator shaft, his frozen form bounced and roll across the floor and came to a stop on its back, staring up at the ceiling with sightless eyes, formless face stuck in an expression of pain and rage. 

IC: Riot - Hallways

Slag...

A flurry of emotions fought for control in Riot's head as he holstered his weapons and rushed down the corridor in what felt like slow-motion. Part of him was ecstatic that the foe they had been chasing for so long was now in cuffs, but that part was quickly squashed towards the back of his mind by the sight of what it had cost the Hero who had eventually pulled off the apprehension of said being. Yet another piece of him wanted to chastise the Rookie as he moved to pull her arms up over his shoulders, preparing to sprint towards the medical bay as fast as his own legs could feasibly take him while trusting that the other agent present was capable of handling the prisoner by himself as he took off.

But the part of him that was mostly at the forefront for the moment was full of admiration for a fellow comrade who understood that sometimes they were forced to make the hard choice and do what was necessary in order to get the job done.

You've got guts, kid... I respect that.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: