fishers64

IC: Mara Quiver and Eloise Thumper - Police Station

Quiver gave a start and her head swiveled to the front wall, wide-eyed and shaking as her grip tightened around the nanite applicator she was holding. Thumper glanced to the wall, and then back to her. "Don't worry, Mara. I'm here to protect you, remember? And now we have all these officers here too, as backup."

An officer nearby was giving the pair an odd look. Thumper answered it with, "She's a rookie. She hasn't been on many missions yet."

The rookie Hero in question was trying to concentrate on the sounds outside. It took some effort to sort through the background noise from the room, but she heard the sound of a metal hatch- like what would be found on a ship- being forced open quite loudly. She mumbled, "S-Sounds like a sh-sh-shuh-ship."

"Oh, that must be the other Hero! He's stopping in for directions. He's going to help out Quark and Wolfe!"

Quiver settled, though she kept half an eye on the door as she worked.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Scourge- Mechron city Police station

Scourge was startled the the arrival of another hero in front of the police station. Though there was no risk of detection at the moment, being near so many of the things made Scourge nervous. No matter. It highly doubted that there were enough injured officers in the building to warrant three heroes for med duty, so this one was probably just checking in before leaving to help the others. If this wasn't the case, then Scourge would probably have to leave. Only time would tell. Until then, it continued searching for a way to cut the power to the Police Station.

OOC: Would a planet in the HF universe still be using some variation of power lines?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: I'm back. Sword fights on order. :P

Everyone has been doing fantabulous, but I think we're overdue for these rounds: 

IC: Scourge- Mechron city Police station

It appeared to be Scourge's lucky day. Two of the heroes had left the scene, and the pair it had conversed with earlier had went into the police station. Deciding to abstain from attacking for a short while in order to lull them into a false sense of security, Scourge exited it's ship, and deployed it's insectoid legs, using them to scale the wall of the police station, all while cloaked. Once on the roof, Scourge looked to see if it could cut the power or communication lines from it's position.

GM IC SCOURGE (TOP OF MECHRON POLICE STATION)

There was not power or communication lines up here. The top of the police station was constructed of thick metal, which gave way to blue glass at the top. Crawling over that would leave a strange shadow visible below...

IC: Saracen Rune - Police Station.

Finally striding inside with supplies in hand, Saracen was confronted by the sight of the absolute destruction wrought by the unknown attackers, "Um... how many villains were there supposed to be...?" He approached Thumper and Quiver, stepping over and around the rubble and body parts strewn about the place, "Because it looks like there's either a lot of them, or they're packing some serious firepower..." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Would a planet in the HF universe still be using some variation of power lines?

OOC: Depends on the planet. Mechron City is actually one of those with an HF TV Show portrayal...and that one shows a lack of cables suspended in the air. Makuhero and New Stellac also don't seem to either...or Antropolis. It seems that power lines run underground. On the other hand, Transari, (Voltix' planet) has a ton of them, exposed. 

For Antropolis, I'd be inclined to bend that near the dockside, since I picture that area as less improved than the rest of the city. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous smiled as he went to work. He still had the bombs he had "accidentally" forgot to return to Kavok, plus some of his own...so much fun. 

He was down in the basement, and sett up his explosives rig. Not so big as the one on Tranquis, but big enough for this job. Then he jogged up the stairs, towards his super-cool dramatic exit... 

IC: Kavok Quake

"YOU CAN USE THE BOMBS HOWEVER YOU WISH!"

He yelled at him as he walked away. 

OOC: I'm really confused by this post. Did Kavok follow him to the building instead of going to the police station?

Either way, I'm going to allow Kavok to live...

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous he wondered how the moron had managed to get into the building and yell loud enough to blow his cover as a civillian. "GET OUT OF HERE!" he shouted back as he ran out of the building, lasering a hole in a window and leaping clear with a smooth leap. 

There was a moment of silence. The wind rushing past as the villain fell. 

Then BOOOOM. Traferous was thrown away with a senseless amount of force, thrown over a building in something that would have looked funny if it was part of a comic. Fortunately, there was no one to watch. Yet. 

Behind Traferous, the office building went up in flames, blowing a huge hole through the stories and causeing the shockwave to bring it down. The other charges went off shortly thereafter, busting the walls enough that they would not damage any nearby buildings. The tower of fire - the building had a lot of flammable stuff - was spectacular. 

Traferous waited until he was falling again, then shapeshifted a parachute. The result hurt, but not as much as any other alternative - as he landed into a run. Ow. Ow. Ow. 

He hoped Night Stalker had done his job. Otherwise, it was going to be a long night. 

GM IC ??? ("DR. VENTURO", CONFERENCE HALL WRECKAGE)

A light dawned in the robot's eyes for a second, then faded out through shattered lenses. A small red light blinked on a bracelet, then a bigger red one in her chest right before the mysterious character exploded and was no more. 

GM IC DFER

Dfer, having had used his speed powers to escape the conference hall before it collapsed, had waited in a side alley for the crowd to disperse. But upon hearing the explosion - and the astonished gasp from the surrounding crowd - it appeared that his services were no longer necessary. 

However, he would not be able to count on the resources he had previously trusted implicitly. Fingers would be pointed. Blame would be cast. And it would find him. He shivered. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Scourge (cloaked)- Mechron city police station

Having seen that there was no way to get closer to it's goal by staying on the roof, Scourge used the third hero's entering of the Police station as an opportunity to slip through the front door behind him, while the his appearance momentarily distracted the others. Using it's insectoid legs, it quickly climbed up to a high point on the wall, where it studied the group, preparing to make it's next move.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC ??? ("BRAIN MASTER" - CONFERENCE HALL WRECK)

The two organic beings climbed out of the wreckage. The massive beast had done most of the work, lifting beams out of the way. Both were bruised and exhausted, trying not to put strains on what could be sprained muscles or broken limbs. 

Seeing the scene in front of them, they teleported out just before the gal exploded. They knew better than to stick around for blinking red lights. The crowd backed away from them as they appeared in front of them, shivering in fright. They then turned to face Epix, patiently waiting for him to finish his climb.

GM NPC NEX (WITH SHADE, MR. MAKURO, AND DRIFT)

Nex brought the motor in for a rough landing, and was now loading it into Drift's vehicle, deciding to go with the flow. "Isn't the conference still on?" New wondered aloud, checking his Herofeed. "Seems like we're panicking a little much over a geologic disturbance."

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"Perhaps the galaxy is not yet ready for my inventions, Nex," Mr. Makuro said.

GM NPC STORMER

"Get him out of here!" Stormer said into his comms to Nex, abruptly releasing the pressure on his block, hoping the force the villain was exerting would cause him to go past him. 

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Police Station

"We didn't get a look at them," Thumper said, "But I think it was meant to be just one person, from what our mission said. They have corrosive gas bombs and cloaking, I think that was what Quark said. There was an explosion in here earlier, so they must have some firepower behind them."

Quiver was busy reconnecting an officer's minor power unit, though her eyes briefly flickered up to look at the newcomer.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Oh, no. We're waiting for a reply for the boat. We vanished into the depths and are waiting for an establishing post, or something, from memory. I, for one, have no idea what's down there, or if we're even going down rather than into a little closed off area on top of the ship. Unless, of course, there was one and I either missed it or forgot, in which case fair enough.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Saracen Rune - Police Station.

"One guy did all of this?" he whistled appreciably. Mehcron's police force were no pushovers, but if these two were right and some villain had single-handedly breezed right through here, then... His train of thought derailed as the rumble of a distant explosion reached his ears, followed moments later by a rolling shock-wave that rattled the few windows that were still intact and sent chunks of rubble cascading from the damaged walls. 

"That can't be good," he dropped the medical supplies and pulled out his rifle, "This is starting to feel like my last mission all over again..."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Epix - Conference Hall (Ruins)

Pulling himself up and over the edge, Epix grimaced upon realising that the beast and its master had also managed to escape the devastation as well.

Quickly diverting his attention towards his weapon, which was still a few feet away from him, before returning his gaze towards the duo, he moved his head ever so slightly in order to crack his neck as he waited for the situation to inevitably play itself out.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Quiver wasn't hit so hard by the explosion this time- it seemed further off, and she wasn't straining to hear tiny noises when it happened- but she was still alarmed. Thumper frowned a little at the noise. "That doesn't sound good at all."

IC: Saracen Rune - Above Mechron City..

"Did that come from the same direction your teammates went off in?" He clicked off the safety on his rifle. Only after he'd asked did Saracen realise that the answer didn't much matter. If it was from the same spot, then the others were in trouble and he should go help them. And if it wasn't, then there was something wrong elsewhere and he ought to investigate anyway. "If it did, tell them backup's coming," he powered up his capacitors and started to hover, "If not, then let them know I've got it covered." 

With that, he started to accelerate towards the open police station doors...

IC: Dorothy Quark - With Wolfe and Night Stalker

Up ahead, she could hear the chaos being wreaked. There was a second explosion further off, but the immediate danger was right here. She contacted Thumper quickly as they arrived on scene. "Thumper, is your friend still there? Give him my coordinates, but tell him there was an explosion nearby that needs Hero backup. Have him get help to cover that."

"He, uh, just left. But he's headed for the other explosion- we didn't know if it was in the same place as you or not."

"He's going alone?"

"Uh huh. I'm sure he'll call Hero Factory on the way, though."

"... Place a call to them, just in case. Inform Hero Factory of our recent developments."

"Sure, Quark. Be careful, okay? Thumper out."

Quark hung up, then proceeded to shout at the villain, "This is Quark, from Hero Factory! Stand down and surrender yourself for arrest now or I will use force!"

~

Thumper dutifully called the Hero Factory. She was redirected to Helen, and proceeded to relay the message to her while watching over Quiver. Quiver felt an awful sensation, as if she was being watched by hidden, nefarious eyes, but kept it to herself. She could already feel the judgmental glances from the police officers; she was not the poster image of what a Hero should be in times of crisis, and she knew it. She did her best to steady her hands as she worked. It was probably just the presence of the police officers making her stress. Besides, she had Thumper to look after her, and Thumper was tough and brave. She resisted the instinct to turn her audial sensors up- with the explosions going off, it was probably a good idea to refrain from that unless strictly necessary- and focused on the task at hand.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous smiled as he went to work. He still had the bombs he had "accidentally" forgot to return to Kavok, plus some of his own...so much fun. 

He was down in the basement, and sett up his explosives rig. Not so big as the one on Tranquis, but big enough for this job. Then he jogged up the stairs, towards his super-cool dramatic exit... 

OOC: I'm really confused by this post. Did Kavok follow him to the building instead of going to the police station?

OOC: I was kinda confused about what I was supposed to be doing so I didn't do anything.

"Alright let's see if I can find this police station"

He said grabbing the bombs

He noticed a police sign in the distance

He walked off into the distance, prepared for an attack.

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

From it's place on the ceiling, Scourge saw the third hero leave, just as it had predicted. The pathetic hero from before seemed to feel that something was off, though. Her eyes constantly left her work to dart around the room, as if she knew she was being watched from the shadows. It decided to wait a little longer before beginning it's attack, in order to get the hero to think she was simply seeing things, and calm down. Opponents who were on edge reacted quicker, making killing them more difficult. Scourge also saw that several Police Officers were still in good working order. That would have to change...

OOC: I would have thought Scourge would go for the now-lone Hero, but hey. Rune has escaped their bony clutches.

As soon as the shots started, Thumper grabbed Quiver and pulled her out of range as the police officers scrambled to do the same with the injured. Thumper set her down with three police officers that were preparing their blasters for return fire.

"Stay here," she said to Quiver. "And let me know if there are any more nasty surprises, okay?"

Quiver, still rattled by the sudden attack, nodded weakly. Thumper grinned at her and, avoiding the spread of the bullets and by extension the vision of the villain outside, took her position beside the doorway, ready to grab anyone who walked through since the villain was bound to run out of shots sometime. Quiver unsteadily held her rifle, ready to fire, just in case, and did her best to try and listen around the roar of the gun outside, looking all over for anything out of the ordinary. She wouldn't let them be taken by surprise again.

IC: Scourge (cloaked)-Mechron city police station

As it prepared to make a move, Scourge was nearly knocked off the ceiling by a sudden burst of gunfire through the front door. Thankfully, it regained it's composure quickly enough to remain hidden. As it watched the heroes and the officers take positions to shoot back, Scourge singled out one officer who happened to be a few meters away from the rest. When the officer paused his shooting to stare at the pathetic hero in confusion, Scourge struck. Dropping from the ceiling, the sound of the landing was masked by the gunfire. Scourge approached the officer from behind, going unnoticed by everyone in the room. Moving like the machines it hunted, Scourge grabbed the the officer's wrist to keep from being shot, while stabbing him in the neck with a sedative capsule, quickly rendering him unconscious. While this was happening, Scourge's insecticoid legs were busy stabbing the victim in the back several times. Before the corpse hit the floor, Scourge was back on the wall, looking for a new target.

OOC: Scourge is looking to acquire multiple corpses/prisoners, which is why they didn't go after Saracen. Also, the Officers were green NPCs the last time Fishers used them, so I'll be treating them as such here, unless otherwise specified.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

IC: Mara Quiver - Police Station

Quiver saw the police officer fall, since she was looking out for trouble, but was paralysed with fear. By the time she was able to turn, the attacker was long gone.

Guilt and terror filled her in equal parts. Though she was meant to be keeping watch, she wasn't enough for that robot. She only barely kept herself from crying. She had to be strong, and she had to find whatever attacked that officer. She strained her audial sensors so hard that it hurt, listening for movement beyond the deafening gunfire.

IC: Scourge (cloaked)- Mechron city police Station

It seemed that another officer had finally noticed his comrade's corpse, and came running to the rescue. Perfect. Scourge leapt off of the wall and in front of the officer, who couldn't see the cloaked figure. Immediately, Scourge struck the officer's head with the two upper insect legs, putting out both of his optical receptors. As the blinded Police officer stumbled around, Scourge grabbed his shoulder and stabbed him in the back, but it didn't get lucky this time around. The blow seemed to kill the officer, but the leg was stuck fast, making Scourge's location obvious to anyone watching. Wonderful.

OOC: Without trying to be rude, I don't see anything in Scourge's profile about him having super speed or teleportation or anything like that, so it seems like a quite the stretch for him to be clambering down off the wall, sneaking over to where the cops are taking cover without being caught in the crossfire, impaling the policemen, and somehow pulling his legs free and getting back to his position high up on the wall before their bodies even hit the ground.

I also noticed that Scourge's profile specifies that he has "poor physical strength", so I'm somewhat confused as to how he's managing to shove his legs right through people's armoured torsos with such ease. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

Soaring high above the city, Saracen heard the sound of shooting from behind him, and paused, momentarily torn. Two heroes and a half-dozen of Mechron City's finest ought to be able to handle anything that attacked the police station, but the previous attacker had apparently breezed right through the place with ease. On the other hand, this latest explosion still warranted an investigation, especially if it had indeed occurred somewhere away from where the other heroes had already been sent. 

Making his decision, he continued on towards the site of the blast, hoping that he could trust the other heroes to handle themselves. 

Even before he actually reached the site of the blast, he could see the towering column of fire, and the maelstrom of smoke spiraling above it. The explosion was clearly deliberate - no accident could've caused the building to collapse so perfectly that it didn't damage any of the nearby structures. He cycled through the thermal and night vision settings on his goggles, hoping to pick out some sign of someone - survivors or arsonists - fleeing the scene. 

OOC: To add to Nato's point, you also have to make note of other people's posts. Here, Quiver is on very high alert for attacks in her surroundings, and your posts haven't allowed her time to respond. The first time I let it slide, since I could spin it as her being too frightened to act. But this is the second time, so I thought I'd bring it up. I don't want to sound mean, but try to make note of your character's surroundings, too, and of other players' characters and their current actions.

OOC: I apologize. My original intent for Scourge was to have it's lack of physical strength be due to it's organic nature, while the insect limbs, being purely robotic, wouldn't have this limitation. Reading over the profile, I realize I forgot to specify that, so I'll just drop it. As for the location, I pictured both Quiver and the first officer to be close to a wall, with the officer being significantly closer to the group firing back. Anyway, I edited the post so Scourge is a sitting duck at the moment, so go pump it full of lead.

Also, you don't have to worry about being mean to me. If you feel the need to, I probably deserve it.

• Upvote 1

Also, you don't have to worry about being mean to me. If you feel the need to, I probably deserve it.

OOC: The mentality all RPers should have. 

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis

Now that everyone was inside the ship, Drift closed everything up and began lifting off the ground. "Oh the galaxy is ready, sir. It's the villains that aren't," he said to the inventor as he began accelerating towards the troposphere.

• Upvote 1

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Shade - Where The Dropship Used To Be

Someone hadn't been on the dropship when it left: Shade. He couldn't blame the pilot for leaving without him; He was invisible after all. He watched the dropship leave wishing it the best of luck, and then called Zib: "The client is headed your way in safe hands. My job is done. Is there anything else that needs doing or do I need to find transport of my own?"

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

OOC: I was kinda confused about what I was supposed to be doing so I didn't do anything.

OOC: There was supposed to be an entrance to the underside of the police station near Kavok's location. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous continued running, shifting into a bigger form that looked like an uncanny resemblance of a female with modest tooling. He hated taking forms like this, but it was the best way to avoid trouble.

Counter to what an observer might expect, he was running back toward the inferno, waiting for the flames to die down in the rubble. Anti-quaza and quaza were expensive - and they could be traced back to him, maybe. 

Whereas, if he removed the stuff, they would be left guessing as to just who decided to blow up their base in Mechron. That would be more enjoyable - he could use the knowledge as a gloating point later. Much more fun. 

GM NPC ZIB

Zib sighed. "There's about two villains above Epix, who is trying to climb out of that pit where the conference hall went down. I know you might not like him that much, but he's got Mr. Makuro's anti-brain weapon, and having that fall into the wrong hands is a really bad idea."

IC: Shade - Epix Rescue

"I'll see what I can do." This said, Shade began sprinting towards the crowd. Shade had always admired Epix's reliability and capability when it came to faulty Heroes in need of involuntary shutdown, and Shade didn't want a Hero with such qualities to be endangered more than they had to.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: PyroLizard Prime, yeah, that's the sort of thing that should be in a profile, or submitted to add to the profile. But don't worry, I forget to add details like that all the time, so you're not alone. c:

This time around, Quiver had the presence of mind to nudge a police officer's shoulder. He glanced to her, annoyed, and then saw where she was pointing. He shouted to his comrades and advanced with a few officers, reaching for his police-issue cuffs as the others shouted and unholstered their own blasters and batons.

OOC: I can't remember if police officers have handcuffs, but you'd think they do. The batons I remember from the show- at the very least, Chief Drax had one.

Oh, and Fishers, please feel free to IC the police officers as you see fit- at least on my end, I've kind of only been controlling police officers because you've been out. But also feel free to, you know, not do that, too.

OOC: Alright, let's see if I can do this boat thing. 

IC: Jason Ferro

"Why, is there a...?"

As he followed the talkative hero into the ship, Jason didn't notice the slime on the ground until it was too late.

"Gah!"

It took a magnetic field sticking his hand to the wall to keep him standing, allowing Jason to notice the strange mucus.

"Oh. That's why..."

He at first thought the slime had been a product of the beasts, but closer inspection revealed that the hero in front him seemed to be producing it. He couldn't think of a logical reason for one to have that ability, and he wasn't sure he really wanted to know anyway, so he simply continued walking deeper into the ship...

OOC: This Week in Hero Factory RPG: Shade Recreates A Scene From Paranormal Activity

IC: Wilbur Flood - Ship's Innards

He looked back over at the familiar sound of someone slipping. Well, at least he stayed upright this time; people tended not to take it so well if they fell into it.

"Sorry," he said earnestly, a little embarrassed. "That tends to happen wherever I go. There isn't really a way to turn it off, I'm afraid. I used to have boots, but, well, slime tends to flow downwards, so I inevitably ended up with slimy boots after a while. I still have my gloves, though. Those are more useful."

GM IC FERRO/FLOOD (INSIDE THE SHIP)

The inside of this ship was a cargo vessel, which meant that there was a catwalk from bow to stern above several loading platforms that appeared to be for moving massive crates. It seemed to be empty for now. The catwalk did have railings for safety.

There were also several hooks and robotic arms obviously intended for moving cargo stuff around. 

A few yards away was the staircase that led up into the ship's control area. 

GM NPC FLYER BEASTS (5 - NEAR FERRO/FLOOD)

As the Heroes disappeared from the deck, one of the flyer beasts stuck his head down into the innards of the ship, only to see Flood and Ferro. It grabbed an ancient rusty sidearm from the cabin. Another beast followed suit with the head-poke thing and hit the cargo-moving controls, moving a robotic arm that was far away from the Heroes.

A third beast, with an exasperated growl, began swinging a large cargo hook towards Flood, trying to knock him off the catwalk. 

OOC: I can't remember if police officers have handcuffs, but you'd think they do. The batons I remember from the show- at the very least, Chief Drax had one.

Oh, and Fishers, please feel free to IC the police officers as you see fit- at least on my end, I've kind of only been controlling police officers because you've been out. But also feel free to, you know, not do that, too.

OOC: No worries. *headscratch*

Where is Scourge? Is he still on the roof?

GM NPC DRAX

Mechron Police Chief Drax busted through the door, looking around for villains. He immediately saw Kavok Quake firing at his officers and returned fire with his pistol, staying out of the corrosive gas. 

He gave a small nod to Quiver, but that was it. The police chief did not have time for pleasantries, and he hoped that she would help him in firing at the villain. 

OOC: Just to be clear...

GM IC SARACEN RUNE

The thermal settings on Saracen's goggles probably wouldn't be much good here. The wreckage below was still burning, and the wreckage was still a red mirage - warm. 

In the middle of said red mirage was something that was very, very, hot, and heating up the area around it. It wasn't visible on night vision - apparently the wreckage covered it. 

Night vision would reveal something else, though - a lone female figure standing in front of the wreck, looking devastated...

Edited by fishers64

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Counter to what an observer might expect, he was running back toward the inferno, waiting for the flames to die down in the rubble. 

Spotting a figure moving towards the blast site, he flew down on an intercept course. "Stop!" He shouted as he closed in, "Stay back, and let the professionals handle it." Mechron's emergency services were probably already on their way, assuming they weren't preoccupied elsewhere. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

Seeing the officers advancing towards them, Scourge pulled the corpse between it and the attackers, in an attempt to use it as a makeshift shield. Thinking quickly, it pulled the dead officer's weapon from it's holster and began firing, aiming for the heads of it's attackers. Though Scourge's experience with firarms was limited, the officers were in close range, and the combination of darkness and cloaking would make intentionally dodging any bullets difficult.

OOC: I'll leave it up to ZippyWharrgarbl to decide if Scourge hits anything or not. Also, Fishers, Scourge snuck in the building around the time when Saracen first entered it.

IC: Jason Ferro- Inside of the cargo ship

As the pair entered the inside of the ship, Ferro was surprised at just how much bigger the vessel looked on the inside. He didn't have time to think about that for long, however, before a large hook came in from the side, swinging towards his ally at a high speed.

"Look out!"

Ferro repelled the hook from the catwalk using a fairly weak magnetic field, causing it to stop short of hitting Flood. It was now up to the other hero to get out of the way quickly, since the amount of concentration it took to generate a magnetic field meant that Ferro couldn't do anything else in the meantime.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Saracen. What in the blue blazes are you doing here? 

He didn't say anything, simultaneously internally cursing his lack of invisibility and teleportation powers at once. He knew that due to the unique nature of his form, teleportation would likely kill him and invisibility would be highly impractical due to his changing size, but still. He did stop, though, looking around at the wreck.

He also wondered how long it would be before Saracen realized that this was a business district of the city, not a residential one, and that civilians weren't usually in this area after dark. 

OOC: Scourge is inside, leering while he tries to get his arm out of a cop. A bunch of other police officers are moving to intercept and apprehend.

IC: Wilbur Flood - Inside Ship

Flood gave a surprised yell, slipped on his own slime and fell on his face. He quickly scrabbled to his feet and gripped his harpoon before scrambling forwards, out of the way. He called back, "We've found them, I think!"

~

Quiver fumbled with her gun but managed to get her hands back on the rifle properly, after which she glanced between the two villains, flustered and confused. Well, she decided, Thumper was there and ready for the one firing from outside. She aimed at the other, scarier one, but the noise and excitement of her surroundings made it hard to concentrate. She saw an officer fall from the creature's stray fire, and then another, and she then managed to steady her shot enough to fire and not hit the officers.

~

OOC: Augh, new posts kept popping up when I was writing this. Okay, in regards to whether Quiver hits Scourge here: she is a skilled sharpshooter, but her abilities are hampered when there are distractions like loud noise. Add to that that she's incredibly stressed and flustered, and there's a reasonable chance she'll miss. If it does hit, she definitely prefers to aim for non-fatal spots, but I'll let you decide where that non-fatal spot is in this case.

"Please keep back," he landed in front of the civilian, trying to stop her from getting any close to the danger zone, "Keep at a safe distance until..." he trailed off, realising for the first time that there didn't seem to be anyone else around. Normally an incident like this drew crowds, but it seemed that this sector of the city was almost completely devoid of anyone, "If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you doing out here at this hour, ma'am?" 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"I forgot one of my data tablets at my desk, and I couldn't sleep worrying about it, so I decided to come back and get it," she shrugged in defeat. "Now it's gone forever. I guess that research won't get done." She deepened her sad expression. "Stupid villains - I put in all that work into it, and now it's just gone. Morons."  

"Yes, morons," he agreed, regarding the civilian with renewed suspicion. "Strange, though. There's no one else nearby, and you were allegedly running towards the explosion when it happened... so how can you be so certain that villains were responsible?"