fishers64

IC: Lilith and Titanos

The group finally arrived at the holding cell area. Titanos promptly put the villain he'd been carrying by the cuffs into an empty cell, and closed the shield over it. "Well... that's that one taken care of..." Titanos said. He felt a bit proud of himself. Locking up a villain without having had to do anything violent. Sure, someone else had to do it instead, but... oh, what ever. 

Lilith smirked as she looked at the disgraced villain lying on the floor of the holding cell. She then looked over to the three other heroes standing there with her. "Yeah, I guess we should get going." She replied to Titanos. "I'm Lilith, by the way. Lilith Specter." She then said, introducing herself to these other heroes. "And you must be Titanos." She said, looking at the gentle titan with reverence. "Hard not to know who you are. 'Biggest hero in Hero Factory?'"

"Yeah, well... It has its disadvantages." Titanos said, rubbing the back of his neck.

IC: Captor

Captor peered to try and get more details of the being on the other side of the glass. He went through his data banks trying to see if he could get a positive identification of them, while also making sure not to accidentally land in the way of the two villains that shared the corridor with him.

IC: Nimius Ardor

"I crash landed some ways off in the desert that way." He said, pointing with the hand attached to his undamaged shoulder to the direction he'd come from. "I thought I'd stop by here to get my shoulder patched up." Nimius looked around the space he was in, taking in any and all notable details.

OOC: 9 minutes late and several profiles short. Bleh. 

{Mission #3: Brake Open the Sky}

Canon NPCs involved: Zib, Mr. Makuro, Jawblade (in jail), Black Phantom (in jail), Corroder (in jail), and ???

The brain master is on his way to attack Hero Factory itself. His objectives are simple enough - destroy any files related to the brain master's weapon, capture Mr. Makuro, and destroy the entire Hero Factory.

He does not care in what order.

Fortunately or not, Hero Factory has been preparing for just such an attack for a very long time. Given the growing strength of the conspiracy and the massive ships recently discovered...production was accelerated.

Now, Heroes are allowed to have their own ships, complete with weapons and technology the galaxy has never seen before - especially not those new engines at that totaled conference. Perfect for taking on the dangerous craft in the sky above.

But alas, the Brain Master is definitely not without resources of his own. Large energy beams on his vessel have been known to shred and knock even medium size vessels out of the sky. Worse, the organic compartments and organisms of the vessel have been known to heal and regenerate wounds dealt by other vessels, and the ship generates its own breathable air, leaving depressurization to be less of a threat (although not entirely eliminated). And, although this power takes longer to charge than that of its master, it possesses teleportation powers.

And although said ship does need to eat, it recently paid a visit to Antropolis and gorged itself quite nicely.

Even, perhaps, worse than the ship are the Destroyers. Vicious creatures with bladed shins and forarms, they have the power of Lava itself, which they use to destroy anything in their path. And, there is always the brains.

The Galactic Conspiracy, seeing the Heroes in trouble, will soon take advantage of the situation in their own subtle way. They blame the Heroes for the death of one of their leaders and the destruction of two of their bases...and the brain master as well.

The Faction Battles have begun.

But even these threats are not the only ones the Hero Factory will soon face. A mysterious - and yet possibly familiar? - villain character is plotting his revenge. Beset from without and within, one question remains:

Will Hero Factory survive?

Makuhero City

Makuhero city is famous for two things - being home to the Hero Factory and the Hero Factory News Network. It serves as the galaxy's defense and media headquarters.

The place is also somewhat famous for producing consumer products, including brands of caffeinated and carbonated soft drinks and various tooling and fashion works. Most electronics are imported from Antropolis and Mechron, however.

The spawling city covers the entire asteroid - and the opposite side contains the most questionable work in the galaxy - the making of new civilian robots and designing them for their jobs. Robots have been known to go mad working in these plants - the sight of a new robot - person like you - being designed is quite unsettling.

While venturing into the city may be dangerous, you may need to. To complete your mission...or save your skin?

1. Hero Factory - Duh. The pinnacle and pride and joy of the city, the place is known for the Call Center (on the bottom floor), Villain Storage, the elevator shafts (home to many a famous battle), rooms for some civilian workers, Mission Control, and the famous Assembly Tower. And, of course, the hangars for the dropships and Hero Pods.

What most don't know is that the Factory IS built on an island in the middle of a lake, making it hard to access by land in anyway other than the main entrance. There's also rumors that the factory has vicious creatures for security in there...

2. Transit Highways - The asteroid is paved with a number of these. Motorcycles are available upon request for faster transport, should you need it. Civilians are known to have "transport pods" to travel the streets and highways.

3. Residential Apartment Skyscrapers - These are where the civilian workers for the factories, Hero Factory's call center, and the media live. These places are known to have billboards on the top of them, including the infamous Stormer RoboJolt billboard.

There are no hotels in the city, as space is at a premium here, and visitors are discouraged for security reasons. Visitors from off-planet usually stay with their friends who live here, and getting to live here is considered a swanky privilege.

4. Media Offices - Not too far from the Residential Apartments are the crisp buildings of the headquarters of the Hero Factory News Network. The skyscrapers aren't too far from Hero Factory proper either - just across the front lawn.

5. Factory District - In contrast to the shiny glory of the rest of the city, the factory area is gritty and inhospitable. By day, innocent factory workers can roam the streets in relative peace as they go to their jobs. However, staying late at work is considered a safety hazard, as by night the factory district turns into a maze of chain link fences and dark alleys, and a place where villains lurk looking for people to rob - or take hostage.

Mr. Makuro has said that the villainry that is practiced here inspired him to create the Hero Factory. Admittedly, there is less crime here now - but it's still a place for vengeful individuals to hang out. It's up for debate whether the reduced crime rate is a result of better opportunities in the shinier section, or whether Hero Factory is actually responsible. 

OOC: Ship profiles in a few minutes. Please ask questions if you have them!

EDIT: DARN, I forgot the mission objectives too. Here they are: 

Hero Objectives: 

- Stop the Brain Master's attack on Makuhero City

- Board the Brain Master's ship and arrest him. 

- Destroy the Brain Master's ship and legion. 

- Stop the dangerous activities in Hero Factory's jail. 

- SECRET OBJECTIVE

- SECRET OBJECTIVE

- Defeat any other villain groups that appear to attack

Villain Objectives: 

- Destroy Hero Factory

- SECRET OBJECTIVE

- SECRET OBJECTIVE

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

IC: Silvia Raine - Orbit.

She remained above Antropolis for a while longer, adrift in the planet's upper orbit. But with the arrest of the Makuro look-alike, it seemed the excitement was pretty much over. Checking to make sure her purchases were safely stowed away in the cargo hold, she returned to the cockpit, powered up the ship's FTL engines, and left the system. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Markus Vex - Antropolis.

"Ah, there you are," he exited another alleyway and approached his hero pod. "Hop in, Mister Not-Makuro." He opened the hatch and gestured to the cell in the rear of the pod, "Maybe you'll even get to meet the real Makuro during your visit to Hero Factory." 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

SHIPS --> SHIP RULES

1. All approved characters, whether Heroes, Villains, or Civilians, are allowed to own their ships to battle against the Brain Master. 

2. Ships may be posted along with the characters that pilot them to battle, but they will not be approved if their drivers aren't approved. 

3. Large Ships require three approved characters and two players playing them to be a thing. 

4. No ship G-Modding

5. You are not required to own your own ship for this mission. You may choose to hitch a ride with another approved ship, use a standard dropship, or battle the Brain Master's forces and other villains on the ground. 

6. See below.

SHIP PROFILE: [Name of the Ship Here]

Ship Size: You may specify Small (the size of a Hero Dropship, suitable for 1-5 passengers, small weaponry like guns and lasers), Medium (up to 10 passengers, can have a few large weapons such as a cannon or space for hauling cargo or torturing prisoners), Large (think the size of Traferous' ship). 

You may also specify the size of your ship in more specific detail if you want something in-between.  

Pilots (these are PCs onboard): Who is onboard? You may have more than one character aboard your ship. For any vehicle larger than Medium size, you must have at least three PCs on board to start controlled by no fewer than two players. This is to prevent G-Modding. (there will be no penalty if a character leaves the ship IC later)

NPCs onboard (if applicable): Small vessels are not allowed to have civilian NPCs, medium vessels are allowed one or two. Large vessels can have up to 50. Please specify what they do - do they operate the weapons? the engines? 

Villains aligned with the Brain Master may have brains aboard ship as NPCs. 

IMPORTANT: Hero NPCs and Mission Control characters (Zib and Quadal) cannot be claimed for a ship here. If they join your vessel, your character will have to ask them IC, and they may turn you down. 

Communications Systems: Who can your vessel communicate with? Hero Factory? The Galactic Conspiracy? Traferous? The Brain Master? Nobody? Somebody else? Everybody?

Navigation and Drive: For Heroes, this section may be brief. What sort of navigation information is available to the pilot? Are their 360 degree cameras? Extensive star maps? How is the ship piloted? Like a standard Hero Dropship? Multiple battle stations? Any special considerations should be listed here. 

Weapons Systems/Armor: What weapons does the ship have? Does it have thick armor plating, cloaking devices, or energy shields? Indestructible vessels will not be tolerated. 

Propulsion Systems: How fast and agile is this vessel, and how does it move? You don't need to go into oodles of detail, but please keep in mind the laws of physics - a heavily armored vessel is not going to be agile. 

Also, to be clear, propulsion is related to acceleration in space, not speed, considering the lack of friction in space.

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): Can your ship land on a planet or asteroid safely? For most small and medium-size vessels, the answer will be an obvious yes. Large vessels is an open question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

OOC: Alright, so I'm going to be gone tommorrow, AGAIN. :( So you guys can bunny Furno/Breeze over to the turbines and post SHIP profiles and whatever is left of the fights until I get back. 

And yell at me for what I forgot about. I'll be back to post a bunch of profiles and ICs to start Thursday, if I don't have jury duty for more than one day. Life has horrible timing. And I'd do more now except that it's 1:00 AM and I have to get up at 5. 

Sigh. 

OOC: I was very confused about Breaker, first because I read 'first multi-core Hero' as 'first Hero', which wouldn't work for a variety of reasons, and then because 'first multi-core Hero', in my tired, weakened state, made me wonder about the ones that came after him until I remembered that Lucas Valor exists.

I had some questions about Breaker- mostly about how he's gonna carry all those weapons (some of them sounded quite large and heavy, and there's five of them)- but since he's been approved, I'm sure he'll find a way. I'm personally gunning for some kind of bobsled. Possibly one with dogs attached to it.

~

IC: Orukam Amayika - With Vex and Striker

He stayed behind Striker, not looking entirely enthralled with anything that was said. "I'm not goin' anywheres wit' you. I'm stickin' wit' dis guy! He's not tryin' ta kill me!"

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Mechron City

Burning garbage rained down, but Thumper took no notice. She glared up at the receding shape, and roared a final "ASESINO!" at the sky.

There was nothing more she could do now. They'd gotten away. She had to trust someone else would find them and arrest them. She lumbered to Quiver to hear if Hero Factory had received the news.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Dropship

Flood climbed aboard, and buckled himself in in the front. He would have offered Breez his chair, but he somehow doubted she would want to sit where he'd been sitting, even if he managed to move the seat cover without getting slime everywhere. He offered Furno an apologetic smile as he did so, and they waited for Ferro to climb aboard.

~

OOC: Ooh, Mission 3 AND ships! Gosh, I'll have to make a ship thing for Quark's vessel. Thankfully, I seem to have some time. Hope you have fun on your jury duty escapade, Fishers!

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Markus Vex - Antropolis.

"Fine," his rolled his optical sensors, "Striker, you take our guest n your pod. I'm heading back to HQ." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jason Ferro- Inside the drop ship

Ferro entered the dropship and took a seat where heroes would normally sit.

OOC: Ferro's busy, so I'll make a new hero to participate in the mission.

Hero profile:

Name: Wilhelm Gorn

Powers and abilities: Gorn is a master in the art of combat. He has been programmed to counter many different kinds of fighting styles, and wield many different kinds of weapons. He has fast reflexes and high physical strength. He is well armored, though this hinders his running speed somewhat. All of these combined make him a force to be reckoned with in any fight, especially in hand-to-hand combat.

Weapons: Gorn carries a Plasma Longsword, which is able to superheat in order to allow it to cut through all but the strongest of substances with some effort. He also carries a shield, which is easily capable of deflecting things like bullets and lasers, though it does not provide quite as much protection against explosions. Both weapons can be carried either on his back or belt.

Appearance: Gorn's armor is modeled after that of a medieval knight, or whatever the Hero factory equivalent would be. The armor is black, with red highlights. His eyes and core are red as well. His helmet is based on a flat-topped medieval great helm. At the moment, it has had horns added to the top for protection against brains. He's not as bulky as one would think, only about the size of a standard hero. He also wears a large dark grey cape with a hood, simply because he thinks it looks cool. That philosophy probably also applies to most of his other gear, though he denies it.

Bio: Originally built to fight large numbers of enemies for long periods of time, Gorn is what you would get if the "Blood knight" trope was taken literally and given physical form. Wilhelm lives for combat, and combat alone. When encountering a villain, he is often more concerned with proving his combat prowess than actually catching them. He has a loud, rambunctious personality, and often neglects to try and solve even the smallest of problems with diplomacy. Despite this, he isn't a bully, and holds no real malice towards anyone, villain or hero. He is sympathetic for those who have no way to defend themselves, though whether this is simply because he feels sorry that they will never feel the thrill of combat remains to be seen. Despite all of this, he has shown hints that this may not be his true personality. During times of extreme stress or frustration, he becomes cold, bloodthirsty, and merciless. Though he doesn't dislike villains in general, he has shown animosity towards those who kill without reason. He is disliked by heroes that are against violence, partially due to the fact that he holds the record for the most villains "accidentally" killed on assignments.

Weaknesses: Gorn rarely, if ever, attempts to solve problems with diplomacy, and even when he does, it usually goes poorly. He also relies on his built in combat knowledge a little too much, allowing an opponent to get the better of him if they do something truly unpredictable. He's also not particularly smart, and rarely thinks ahead, preferring to simply improvise.

IC: Scourge- The Scourgemobile- Leaving the Mekronite belt

Scourge was honestly surprised that everything has gone as well as it had. It had successfully retrieved a corpse, one that would likely be able to feed it for a couple of months, at least. It had also potentially gained some more notoriety, and the pathetic hero would probably be scarred for life. All in all, quite a good day. Getting bolder was turning out to be a very profitable move. Setting the ship's auto pilot to fly to a villain-friendly system where it could hide for a little while, Scourge got up and went to the cargo hold, to prepare it's first meal in a long time...

OOC: I'll leave what happens next up to your imagination. Scourge probably won't make an appearance in the current mission, either.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Breaker

I receive a notification from the hero network of an impending attack from a being called brain master. This is the perfect opportunity to strike. I go to use the tunnels, through which I originally escaped the factory, to break back in.

OOC: Zippy, In the profile it is specified that he has obtained an extra set of arms. The plasma gun is shoulder mounted.

Edited by Strange Festive Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

OOC: Ships, epic space boss, free access to Makuhero City, new bad guys...

It's like all the hype from the last four or five Warframe updates rolled into one huge sticky glob!  :D

sUPQPw.gif

(Not my GIF)

IC: Alex Drift - Above Makuhero City 

Drift sent a call down to the operating center in Hero Factory inquiring why the failsafe shields were up. The reply gave him quite a start. A villain inside the Factory?! They were lucky they'd managed to capture him with only three civilian casualties. Drift couldn't even imagine what would've happened if the villain had busted the holding cells and started a second Breakout.

With the killer's arrest having just been finalized though, the shields were now down, so he had a clear opportunity to park in one of the hangars, which he did.

"Home sweet home," he said, opening the doors to let out his passengers.

IC: Cobra Shard - Hero Factory Villain Containment

Shard glared at the immobilized murderer in his cage. "You're going to rot in there," he told the villain. "We'll make you sorry you ever messed with Hero Factory." With a contemptuous laugh, he turned away and left the prison after the other Heroes.

IC: Echo - Hero Factory Hangar 44-B

While Forticus, Specter, Focus, and Shard had been escorting the unidentified killer to a cell, Echo had been working on his report of the situation.

What a mess:

Three dead civilians and two more involved in an Anti-Hero-Factory Conspiracy, one hangar running on secondary power, several destroyed terminals all over the Factory (he didn't know how many the villain had drained), bullet holes and plasma scoring all over the hangar's one open doorway and the hallway outside, one damaged dropship hull, one destroyed set of dropship locking clamps, a possibly broken window on the upper floors, one rookie with no legs, one of 44-B's doors welded shut, one dropship suspended above the doorway ready to crush anyone coming inside, and any other damages the villain had caused that he hadn't witnessed.

Echo sent the report to Mission Control and leaned back with a sigh, disconnecting himself from the terminal he was powering. His quaza charge was getting low, but he needed to get Sharp and Flak down from their walkway before going for a recharge. "Alright you two, it's safe now," he called up, reactivating the lift.

OOC: I was wondering, wouldn't a dropship actually be able to hold a lot more than 5 passengers? I mean, Alpha team has about 10 members... I wouldn't think they'd be split up between two ships.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Minor addition to Saracen's profile in preparation for the next mission, will edit into his profile and implement IC if approved. 

Hero Profile: 

Name: Saracen Rune.

Powers and Abilities: Special gravity-manipulating capacitors built directly into his armour allow him to fly and hover near silently. Maximum movement speed using these is limited to his body’s own terminal velocity. As such, his armour has been reinforced to withstand these increased speed and pressures, making him more durable than the average hero.

Weapon(s): Saracen’s weapon of choice is a sturdy, powerful rifle that fires precise, high-impact energy bolts across mid-distance ranges. In preparation for taking on larger vessels in the air, his rifle has been equipped with a secondary RPG launcher. His helmet is equipped with a set of goggles possessing several variations of targeting software – telescopic, thermal, and night vision – to assist in his aiming.

Appearance: Clad in blue and grey, this hero is slightly taller than average, and carries himself with a haughty air of confidence that is more than a little intimidating.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/ch9Z1wp.png

Bio: Not particularly talkative, Saracen just gets the job done and gets on with his life. He is quiet, calm and efficient, and will carry out his orders to the letter without hesitation. He has little understanding of true ethics or morals, as he’s been brought up to believe that whatever Hero Factory does or asks him to do is the right thing. 

Proper profile for Silvia's Ship:

Ship Profile:

Name: the Wolf Pup.

Ship Size: Medium – spacious cockpit large enough for three occupants, seating in the body of the ship for an additional 20-ish beings, plus a decent-sized cargo hold.

Pilots: Silvia Raine.

NPC/S: “Alpha”, an advanced repair/maintenance drone who serves as Silvia’s co-pilot/engineer, and gives her someone to talk to.

Communications Systems: The ship is capable of broadcasting and receiving messages on most galaxy-wide open channels.

Navigation and Drive: As Silvia conducts business in many regions of the galaxy, her vessel has extensive starmaps depicting most inhabited worlds and numerous major trade routes.

Weapons/Armour Systems: Primarily a transport vessel, the Pup relies on its armour plating and shield systems to protect it from missiles, lasers, asteroids, extreme temperatures, etc. The cockpit has been further reinforced to prevent easy access in the unlikely event of a boarding situation. For combat and defence, the ship also carries a heavy laser cannon on each wing, and is able to deploy flare countermeasures to divert heat-seeking projectiles and the like.

Propulsion Systems: Possessing a cluster of smaller thrusters to prevent a single lucky hit from disabling it, the Pup’s size and weight renders it fairly slow when travelling sub-light, and the numerous engines mean that it takes longer for the FTL to charge. Because it’s designed for lengthy space voyages, the ship has a large fuel capacity, and spare fuel cells are stored in the cargo hold.

Land vs Dock: Designed for versatility, the Pup is able to land securely on most forms of terrain.

MOC/S:  Wolf Pup. Alpha.

And a ship for Reginald, too. 

Ship Profile:

Name: the Old Timer.

Ship Size: Small – single hero fighter.

Pilots: Sir Reginald Buckley.

Communications Systems: Access to regular HF and civilian channels.

Navigation and Drive: As one would expect of a HF vessel, it has full access to Hero Factory’s starmaps, with the interior of the cockpit serving as a touchscreen HUD for displaying information on the ship’s systems.

Weapons/Armour Systems: Lightly armoured, the vessel mostly relies on its small size and agility for defence in combat. Each wing is equipped with a plasma blaster, and the wings are sharpened and reinforced for slicing at enemy vessels.

Propulsion Systems: Each of the four wings has an engine mounted on the back, and as each wing can rotate and move independently of the others, this allows the fighter an extensive range of motion and manoeuvrability. However, as it lacks FTL capabilities, this fighter must rely on being docked with larger vessels in order to traverse the expanses of space.

Land vs Dock: Standard gear for landing on most forms of terrain.

MOC/S: http://i.imgur.com/6P9LO7E.png

OOC: Luroka, I don't want to sound like I'm singling you out, or trying to be mean (I know I asked about the weapon thing before but you gave a very good answer to that) but... You do realise that really shouldn't have been that easy, right? Hero Factory is a well guarded, heavily monitored facility filled with Heroes. To start off with, where were these tunnels? If they're canon or GM-approved tunnels, why weren't they guarded or boarded over or something since a rogue Hero made use of them to escape? Second, why would the power unit that controls all of the villain lockup power supply be unguarded? And how could he wander the Hero Factory hallways uncloaked without anyone seeing him? He's a prior Hero, and is currently on the run, so they would probably have him in the system, right?

I just don't think a villain would be able to mosey in and free all the villains in the space of two posts- certainly not after the Breakout, after which they would probably implement better security. If you have a suitable explanation, then that's fair enough, but at the moment it's looking a little improbable for those events to have taken place- certainly at the speed they did. Sorry I keep asking these questions, by the way; hopefully this'll be the last time.

Flood glanced at Ferro as Furno had the dropship take off. "So, apart from the attempted boatnapping you were thwarting, did anything else particularly interesting happen on your mission?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: In addition to the points that Zippy's made, I'd like to also point out that only until a short time ago, a villain was running loose inside the factory, and killed three civilians before being caught. Security would be at an all-time high, especially given that no one's entirely sure how the villain got inside.

IC: Anamnesis - Cell.

He was fading. In spite of his current state of immobilisation, he could still sense that in his sluggish subroutines. He was restoring his energy at the same rate the cuffs were draining it from him, but he was still losing some in the form of heat, and light, and power decay. 

If these cuffs weren't removed soon, he'd likely evaporate entirely within a few short hours...

IC: Jason Ferro- Dropship

"Not really. The whole boat heist thing happened pretty soon after Mr. Makuro arrived. There wasn't really time to do much else. A few beasts tried to ambush me when I was on a different ship, but that went about as well for them as you would expect."

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: How much energy can those cuffs absorb?  It occurred to me that the amount of energy that has been taken from Anamnesis would be very high and I'm wondering how the cuffs handle that.  Would they fill up, overload, overheat or something?

OOC: How much energy can those cuffs absorb?  It occurred to me that the amount of energy that has been taken from Anamnesis would be very high and I'm wondering how the cuffs handle that.  Would they fill up, overload, overheat or something?

OOC: He's been draining the energy back from the cuffs. They're in a state of equilibrium, but Anamnesis still has base-level processes and other such things causing the system to slowly lose energy.

~Unit#phntk#1

OOC: Pretty much, yeah.

The longer this situation goes on, the more I begin to see the downsides of playing a character who's made of pure energy. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

OOC: I seem to have worked myself into a bit of a corner here: I made the very poor choice when I wrote up my first two profiles (Echo and Drift) of using characters I've written into other storylines with the intention of generating some backstory for them. Unfortunately, due mostly to my lack of prior RPG experience but also in part to carelessness, I forgot that it is entirely possible for Echo or Drift to die or for something major to happen in this timeline that would make the story I've written impossible. The latter is especially likely considering that the Brain Master is now targeting Hero Factory itself with the goal of destroying it.

However, these two characters have become embroiled enough in the RPG that I've decided to just leave them in instead of going through the mess of removing them.  :)

SO:

OOC: Yo Rylinth I feel like Focus & Echo made a pretty good team

Wanna team up so they can co-pilot a ship?

Sure! Is there a way we can work Drift in since he and Echo are usually teamed up or should I have him go do his own thing?

AND:

A massive gunmetal and gold Hero intercepted him in the hallway and handed him a small sheet of paperwork. "You're wanted in briefing room 773A right now, soldier." 

Was this... a squad recruitment form?

OOC: Echo's post is mostly just there to show that he's not in the Antropolis mission. He is currently being recruited to Sigma Team. The Hero who stopped him is Justin Hammer, the team's demolitions expert. I figure Echo may have one or two missions left in this RPG before he moves on and I start writing his adventures with the team on their own.

I'm retconning this. Echo has not been recruited to Sigma Team and is still running missions with Drift.

Now that all that is sorted out...

IC: Echo - Hero Factory Hangar 44-B

After Sharp and Flak were down, Echo escorted them to a waiting room (with surveillance of course) and told them to stay put. After a quick recharge, he sent Mission Control a message regarding the two conspirators and then headed off towards villain containment.

IC: Alex Drift - Hero Factory

With a last nod and farewell to Mr. Makuro and Nex, Drift felt in need of a major touch-up. This involved a full recharge, a brief visit to medical where he had the last remaining wounds from the brain fight patched up, and the checking out of a new gun and belt of impact grenades from the armory.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: I'd be fine with Drift joining them. Adds one to the crew without the added baggage of a third player.

Quick question before my next IC post: have the heroes left Anamnesis alone in his cell? If so I plan to have Focus attempt to chat with him privately, but if they haven't left yet I'll need to have Focus try to get them to leave before that happens.

Edited by Lucina

SHip profile for Jade!

Name: Gunship 479

Ship Size: Medium

Pilot: Jade

Communications: Access to HF and a wide range of civilian and unlicensed channels.

Navigation and Drive: Access to standard HF Starmaps, as well as a few.... less than legitimate maps. Piloted from the front, with standard holo HUD and control panels. Embedded cameras provide a roughly 360 degree field of vision when necessary, but cockpit provides a rough 100 degree field of view.

Weapons/Armor: As befitting a gunship, 479 is heavily armed and armored. Heavy lasers, and two racks of missile pods, each holding roughly 12 missiles. Additionally, a light laser cannon in the rear provides some additional firepower.The armor is thick, ablative plating, designed to boil away under fire and preserve the overall functionality of the armor. Chaff pods provide missile defense, but are limited to four chaff firings.

Propulsion systems: On each 'wing' there are two main engines for propulsion, as well as smaller thrusters for maneuvering, deceleration, or hovering. Additional engine pods lie on either side of the rear, each wing and pod able to rotate independently of each other parallel to the body of the ship, giving it surprising agility for a ship of it's size, as well as power to punch through lines.

Land/Dock: Tripod system allows easy landing on any relatively flat surface.

Other: Troop bay able to hold around six heroes with full gear, eight without, or ten civilians. Or four XLs.

• Upvote 1

OOC: masterchirox and Luroka, I get the feeling you two should technically be waiting on Fishers posts. Kavok Quake should be face to face with some police officers pretty soon if not now, and no one has offered any posts to suggest resistance to Breaker because we are waiting on Fishers to return so she can have Zib notice the intrusion, or IC some automatic security systems.

Sorry, guys. I know you've both only got one character each and it can be a pain to wait. Fishers should be coming back soon, though. Oh and don't feel like you have to null or change your posts just yet- you can wait and see what she thinks of he situation, and see if she renders it able to be played along with.

~

Flood smiled at Ferro. "Well, an uneventful mission at least isn't a bad mission, at least. We had some... events. But we helped he environment, which is always a good thing."

OOC: masterchirox and Luroka, I get the feeling you two should technically be waiting on Fishers posts. Kavok Quake should be face to face with some police officers pretty soon if not now, and no one has offered any posts to suggest resistance to Breaker because we are waiting on Fishers to return so she can have Zib notice the intrusion, or IC some automatic security systems.

Sorry, guys. I know you've both only got one character each and it can be a pain to wait. Fishers should be coming back soon, though. Oh and don't feel like you have to null or change your posts just yet- you can wait and see what she thinks of he situation, and see if she renders it able to be played along with.

OOC: Alright. I thought my objective may be over with what with the mission ending. I've edited up the post. 

It's time to move on.

~

Flood smiled at Ferro. "Well, an uneventful mission at least isn't a bad mission, at least. We had some... events. But we helped he environment, which is always a good thing."

Good deal.

bBhcfWO.png

~

Good deal.

OOC: I am in town. Give me a few minutes to catch up!

(Really, my sluggish posting rate should be ending RIGHT NOW, with the stupid caveat that I might have more jury duty next week. At any rate, I have two days to focus on yonder RPG. typetypetype.)

Edited by fishers64

Quick question before my next IC post: have the heroes left Anamnesis alone in his cell? If so I plan to have Focus attempt to chat with him privately, but if they haven't left yet I'll need to have Focus try to get them to leave before that happens.

OOC: Pretty sure the four that escorted him in are gone, yeah. Echo's also on his way to talk with Anamnesis though...

IC: Anamnesis - Cell.

Given his current state of total paralysis, Anamnesis most definitely could not talk. Nor could he take in the fact that he was in a cell, or that someone outside said cell was trying to talk to him. 

OOC: Profile business: 

GM NPC PROFILE TAPE (MISSION #3): 

Name: Zib

Job/Location: Zib is the overly-stressed out leader of Mission Control, responsible for keeping Heroes informed and on their way to their next battle. 

Bio: Zib has been in Mission Control for as long as anyone can remember - at least, from the day that Mr. Makuro decided that he wanted to focus on inventing new Heroes instead of directing missions. While Zib does have a whole group of other Mission Chiefs to assist him, for some reason he is often the one that other heroes refer to. 

Name: Jawblade

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Jawblade has two blasters that he can use to blast fire, and nasty jaws. He is also capable of swimming really fast and limited on land movement, using a levitation power. (That's the only way the Breakout scene where he's punching Stormer makes any sense.)

Appearance:
 Yarr.

Bio: Jawblade has been in and out of Hero Factory containment. His original crime was trying to get into the power conduit to Hero Factory underwater to disable it (see book Legion of Darkness). He also escaped in the Villain Breakout and used Oxidium against the Alpha Team member Furno. He also enjoys swimming.

Hero Factory Villain Storage, maximum security. His Blade weapons have been taken from him.

Name: Black Phantom

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Black Phantom is a strong and muscular robot with a very large power reserve, something he has used to his advantage. He also has a combination blade/mace weapon and his collection of Aracknix drones, which can divide and combine with each other, fire energy blasts, and create fields of energy. 

Appearance:
 Yarr.

Bio: Black Phantom was once the leader of the Legion of Darkness, a villainous organization that nearly destroyed the younger Hero Factory, and orchestrated the villain breakout. He is cunning, ruthless, and sadistic. On the extremely rare occasions when he is not plotting, he has played chess against computers and violent video games. He doesn't like the company of others, and when things aren't going well he is known to simply disappear.

Hero Factory Villain Storage, maximum security. His drones and the maceblade have been taken from him. The drones have been released back onto the planet where they are from, making it unlikely for him to get them back. 

Name: Corroder

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Corroder has the ability to create, control, and absorb acid. He's also a fan of gas bombs, which give off a nasty odor and can corrode stuff. Hence the name. He also has used a pair of claws to focus his acidic powers, and a shoulder blaster. 

Appearance:
 Yarr.

Bio: Corroder once attacked a prison asteroid and was imprisoned along with Von Nebula. He escaped in the Breakout and was recaptured. Corroder has a reputation for acting arrogant and dim-witted, which is plenty dangerous given his power set

Hero Factory Villain Storage, maximum security. His claws have been taken from him, and his cell is made of reinforced concrete in addition to the laser bars.

In case he shows up: 

Name: Merrick Fortis

Powers and Abilities: Merrick Fortis has powers similar to the Kanohi Volitak and strength capable of throwing Bulk across the room. He has telescoping, x-ray, and infrared vision. 

Weapon(s): Merrick carries a single grappling hook weapon. 

Appearance: So sloppy.

Bio: Fortis is the leader of the Hero Recon team. He paid a visit to Quatros to spy on Witch Doctor and appointed Rocka to watch Villain Storage during the Breakout. He's also kept track of Vex's and Striker's recent adventures on Tranquis and Streptos, but left the actions to Zib. 

He also knows all of Hero Factory's systems better than even Zib, and installed a few of his own. (One of which flips the Hero Testing Area upside down.)

---------------------------------------------------

Name: Jarrious (the brain master) and Rwer (the beast) (Dual Identity - most commonly known as the "Brain Master")

Powers, Abilities, and Weapons:

1. Nature of the Pair - The two beings - the brain master and the beast telepathically mirror each other and are telepathically linked. So they can communicate with each other without speaking, which is important since the beast can't talk. 

If one dies, the remaining entity will have the knowledge but not the powers of the other. 

For some reason, being separated over long distances or teleporting separately puts a mental strain on both of them. Long term separation does not suit either of them well. Their theory is that their organic minds are the cause. As such, they prefer to stay together.  

The pair are also completely organic. As such, they are immune to direct magnetic attacks, technopathy, hacking, and are less affected by EMPs. However, they are more suseptible to fire, and they require air to breathe, leaving them subject to drowning and strangling. Essentially, they have the strengths and weaknesses of organic humans. 

2. Teleportation - both the Brain Master and the beast have a teleportation power. This can be used to move them to a location that they have been to before and know is big enough for the two of them. If they haven't visited the area before, they usually have to rely on old-fashioned methods of transport. 

Powers of the Jarrious "Brain Master": 

1. Organic Telepathy/mind control - the small cunning brain master can control a vast amount of organic minds and communicate with them with relative ease. This power, however, is limited in distance, and sometimes the brains will be sent out on their own. 

2. Experimentation into and creation of new organic life. He has the expertise to build an entire legion of brains an entirely organic ship. As such, he has a Mask-Of-Creation style power solely related to this select area. Using this power in huge amounts will drain him; he much prefers his ship or his base for manufacturing of new legions. 

The Brain master sometimes carries a small metal staff. This is more for intimidation than actual battle use. 

Powers of the Beast (Rwer):

1. Strength - the Beast has been known to snap the necks of civilians with relative ease. Punches have thrown civilians into metal big enough to leave a dent. 

2. Scales - minor resistance to knives. These are on his chest, though, not his horse-like neck. 

3. Minor energy absorption power - this allows the beast to absorb the net equivent of one energy rifle shot without harm and immediately release it somewhere else. This power takes concentration to use, so it's not very useful for battle. Absorbing more than that will cause dangerous internal burns. (Normally energy shots aimed at these two would cause external burns.)

4. Flight - The beast can fly via wings. 

Appearance: It was into this area that a wickedly black figure appeared. At first glance, he had a passing resemblance to Black Phantom, the villain behind the Breakout, but this being clearly was not him - this being was organic in construction, and not nearly so massive as the mace-wielding power-seeker had been. That is, except for his face, which looked like a cross between Phantoms' evil grin and a Sanok. Although the lady watching him could not see it, she knew that there was a thick green spine on his back, glowing with raw power. In his hand, he held a staff with a single red gem. As she watched, it changed colors, turning to a sickly dark green. 

Another wave of energy rocked the square, and a strange and menacing creature emerged. It appeared at first glance to be a dragon, but its face was not a reptilian, instead the regal visage of a horse - if horses had sharp, menacing fangs. Its wings were feathered like a bird's, but from the waist down it was clearly neither of those - a massive cluster of scales arranged in a roughly robotic form, with vicious silver claws on the end of its forelegs. It wore silver armor plates on his sides, over skin that was the color of dark red. Indeed, from the tasteful red brown of the horse head to the red wings with black speckles, it was clear that nobody was trying to hide what side they were on. 

Bio: Jarrious grew up on a peaceful planet filled with beasts and other organic life, until a bunch of robots invaded and built a city on top of his home. In anger, he created some beasts using his powers, first small ones, then bigger ones, hoping that they would take out the robots who were taking the planet's resources for themselves and driving Jarrious' people underground, but they turned out to be as friendly as the native beasts, if not as long lived.

Eventually the young organisist managed to escape Streptos II and steal a ship to save him and his family from starving to death. Some others of Jarrious' species escaped, some died. They did their best to find a place to live and survive, but they kept getting displaced by robots. Thus divided, Jarrious finally found a planet that looked barren on the outside but had potential on the inside, where he built the brain legion, his trusty bodyguard Rwer, the Destroyers, and his ship, among other things. 

Name: The Destroyers

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: The Destroyers ooze lava from the bottom of their midsections via vent, which they can manipulate or blast at opponents. They also have strong heat resistance, and their chitin helmets resist laser fire. Their four legs have blades on them to slash at opponents. 

Weaknesses: They have no arms, making them poor climbers. They also cannot swim. Their metal-bladed arms make them susceptible to magnetism. 

Appearance: The Destroyers look like savage four-legged bladed bugs with septagonal heads, only that two of the seven sides are longer than the other 5 and are curved like a beard. 

Bio: The Destroyers were created to Destroy Hero Factory. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: First post updated. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Jason Ferro- Dropship

"I guess you're right. I'm not dead, no civilians were injured, and we got the ship back. Not such a bad mission, I suppose."

OOC:

Ship Profile:

Name: The Iron Hornet

Size: Small

Pilot: Jason Ferro

NPCs: None

Communication: Hero Factory

Navigation: Some basic maps, and 360 degree cameras. The ship is piloted by Ferro, while another hero can face backwards and act as a gunner. The ship can also be summoned to Ferro's position, or controlled remotely using a device on his forearm.

Weapons/armor: The ship is lightly armored, being able to take hits from bullets and lasers, though something like a missile would put it out of commission. It is armed with two foreword facing laser cannons, controlled by Ferro, as well as a backward facing articulated laser cannon, controlled by the gunner. It also has a towing cable attached to the bottom, for whatever reason.

Propulsion: The Iron hornet was designed to be very fast and agile, in order to make it as difficult to hit as possible. The ship can switch between two modes: a mode made for flying as quickly as possible, used for chasing down other ships and aerial combat, and a hover mode, which it assumes by shifting the position of it's wings to reveal a pair of turbines. This mode is much slower than the speed mode, and is used for combat against ground based targets. The ship has to land in order to switch between modes.

Landing: The ship can easily land on many surfaces due to it's small size, including the outside of larger ships, as Ferro can magnetize the landing gear.

• Upvote 1

Hero profile:

Name: Wilhelm Gorn

Powers and abilities: Gorn is a master in the art of combat. He has been programmed to counter many different kinds of fighting styles, and wield many different kinds of weapons. He has fast reflexes and high physical strength. He is well armored, though this hinders his running speed somewhat. All of these combined make him a force to be reckoned with in any fight, especially in hand-to-hand combat.

Weapons: Gorn carries a Plasma Longsword, which is able to superheat in order to allow it to cut through all but the strongest of substances with some effort. He also carries a shield, which is easily capable of deflecting things like bullets, though it does not provide quite as much protection against explosives or lasers. Both weapons can be carried on his back.

Appearance: Gorn's armor is modeled after that of a medieval knight, or whatever the Hero factory equivalent would be. The armor is black, with red highlights. His eyes and core are red as well. His helmet is based on a flat-topped medieval great helm. At the moment, it has had horns added to the top for protection against brains. He's not as bulky as one would think, only about the size of a standard hero. He also wears a large dark grey cape with a hood, simply because he thinks it looks cool. That philosophy probably also applies to most of his other gear, though he denies it.

Bio: Originally built to fight large numbers of enemies for long periods of time, Gorn is what you would get if the "Blood knight" trope was taken literally and given physical form. Wilhelm lives for combat, and combat alone. When encountering a villain, he is often more concerned with proving his combat prowess than actually catching them. He has a loud, rambunctious personality, and often neglects to try and solve even the smallest of problems with diplomacy. Despite this, he isn't a bully, and holds no real malice towards anyone, villain or hero. He is sympathetic for those who have no way to defend themselves, though whether this is simply because he feels sorry that they will never feel the thrill of combat remains to be seen. He is disliked by heroes that are against violence, partially due to the fact that he holds the record for the most villains accidentally killed on assignments.

Weaknesses: Gorn rarely, if ever, attempts to solve problems with diplomacy, and even when he does, it usually goes poorly. He also relies on his built in combat knowledge a little too much, allowing an opponent to get the better of him if they do something truly unpredictable. He's also not particularly smart, and rarely thinks ahead, preferring to simply improvise.

Approved. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: For some reason, the first thing that came to mind when I read the profile of the Iron Hornet was this. :P

• Upvote 1

OOC: If Anamnesis is made of energy could Focus absorb him through his energy shield or energy sword

IC: FOCUS [Cell]

Focus shrugged when the villain did not provide a response. He had not been expecting one; and the questions he wanted to ask would undoubtedly have been given unsatisfactory answers anyway.

I receive a notification from the hero network of an impending attack from a being called brain master. This is the perfect opportunity to strike. I go to use the tunnels, through which I originally escaped the factory, to break back in.

OOC: Zippy, In the profile it is specified that he has obtained an extra set of arms. The plasma gun is shoulder mounted. 

I head towards the Main Breaker Room.

There seems to be little opposition on my way to the main breaker room that my mace can't handle, least of all the fuse box. I throw the switch to turn off the power to Villain Lockup, and begin to make my way there.

OOC: Alright, he're the skinny on this - you specified that Breaker was underground in his profile (which is fine), and in these two posts you've implied that that there is a tunnel system underneath the Hero Factory. 

There is a couple of problems with this. First, Hero Factory is an island, so tunnels under it would be pretty useless unless they could go under the lake. They would need to be reinforced. This is something most villains would not consider doing - and given the length of the tunnel needed to avoid an obvious hole in the front lawn, it's a lot of work. 

Also, any signs of a tunnel underneath would be nipped by the Hero Factory immediately, as that is an easy way for villains to break out.  

The only way I can think of this working is if Breaker dug the tunnel himself to escape (thus it would be covered by Makuro, since he made Breaker) and it would lead into water on the other end of it (he doesn't strike me as the swimming type).

Posts nulled until I'm done sorting this out. (don't worry about it, should be quick)

OOC: If Anamnesis is made of energy could Focus absorb him through his energy shield or energy sword

OOC: No. 

OOC: Dropships might vary in sizes?

OOC: I'm going to say yes to this, although I've never seen more than five characters in a Dropship at any given time in the series, so that's the metric I'm using.