fishers64

OOC: Here's a new villain.

Villain Profile:

Name: Var Vicious

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Var Vicious is a dark warlock, well versed in the many abilities granted by the dark powers of the universe.

Lightning: Var Vicious has the ability to call forth powerful lightning from their hands.

Telekinetics: Var Vicious can affect objects some distance away from themselves, and can lift items as heavy as he would physically be able to lift with these powers.

Mind manipulation: They have the ability to probe and affect the minds of other beings, although this requires concentration, and is not something they can do lightly and without ceasing any other activities they are doing.

Plasma sword: Var possesses a red glowing beam saber that is composed of plasma contained in a very strong yet very self-contained magnetic field. When not turned on, the sword is simply the handle, which can easily be carried attached to the hip or such. They are very skilled at using this weapon.

Ridiculous acrobatics: Var is more agile than their appearance might let on, and is able to jump around, run, and dodge attacks that no normal member of their species should conceivably be capable of.

Var is completely organic, but would still be able to take on the average hero in a physical contest. They do how ever wear armor that gives them additional protection.

Appearance:

Var wears very dark clothing, mirroring their dark personality and interests. From what little of it that is visible (some of their neck, their hands), it is clear that their skin is completely pale, if not also a bit grey. They’ve never removed their helmet, and likely never will.

Bio: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, Var was trained in the dark arts of manipulating the life force that binds all beings in the universe together. They were later displaced from their galaxy, and eventually arrived in the same galaxy as the one Hero Factory resides in. Here, they have made it their mission to spread the teachings of the dark warlock arts that they themself were taught all that time ago.

Location: The New Dawn, aka the Genesis Pact’s base of operations.

OOC: And a ship to go with them.

SHIP PROFILE: TIE Incursor Starfighter

Ship Size: Very small one pilot fighter ship. 5.5 meters long

Pilot: Var Vicious. No room for other passengers.

Communications Systems: The fighter has a universal communication system, but has a special encrypted communication channel for the Genesis Pact.

Navigation and Drive:

The cockpit has a 180° view horizontally, and a 145° view vertically. The navigation system allows the pilot to keep track of any and all objects in all directions in three dimensions, and has rudimentary maps of parts of the galaxy that have been charted.

It has a hyperdrive, allowing it to travel faster than light, although precise calculations are necessary to deliver it to its destination without any unfortunate occurrences such as crashing into a planet or a star. The ship’s computer handles these calculations, and is very quick at it most of the time.

Weapons Systems/Armor: Being a ship designed around manoeuvrability and speed, its armor plates are very light, but still durable enough to take hits from all but the most damaging of weaponry. It is how ever very well armed, with high-yield energy blasters on each wing, as well as two mounted under the front end of the cockpit, and on the backend of the ship.

Propulsion Systems: The TIE Incursor’s propulsion systems are high powered Twin Ion Engines, along with manoeuvring thrusters at key points on the ship which help it to take swift turns while in combat. It has the maximum acceleration of 5000G, and a maximum atmospheric velocity of 1,400 kph.

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): The fighter can easily land on any surface large enough to support it.

Villain

Lightning

Telekinetics

Mind manipulation

Plasma sword: Var possesses a red glowing beam saber that is composed of plasma contained in a very strong yet very self-contained magnetic field. When not turned on, the sword is simply the handle, which can easily be carried attached to the hip or such. They are very skilled at using this weapon.

Ridiculous acrobatics

Var is completely organic

Var wears very dark clothing, mirroring their dark personality and interests. From what little of it that is visible (some of their neck, their hands), it is clear that their skin is completely pale, if not also a bit grey. They’ve never removed their helmet, and likely never will.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

the life force that binds all beings in the universe together

TIE Incursor Starfighter

Very small one pilot fighter ship

It has a hyperdrive

OOC: Hmmm... *cough* Sith Lord *cough*

While we're making Star Wars references...

IC: Alex Drift - "Look Master... Destroyers!"

Drift charged out into the massive lobby in the front of the building and surveyed the situation. The Heroes were holding back an insane amount of huge lava bugs and evil brains just outside the entrance. They were doing fairly well so far, but numbers like that, even if they were just Geonosians and Droids, were too much for the Jedi. And this time there was no Clone army coming to save them.

IC: Echo - Hero Factory Villain Containment

Echo shrugged. "It's the only way I have a guarantee of you listening." He leaned forward, "I want to know 'why'. You could have gone anywhere, done anything, but you risked it all on something as childish as revenge. Why?"

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: I'm gonna assume that the destroyers and brains are green NPCs like the beasts from last mission.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Hero Factory Entrance

The insect-like creatures didn't stand a chance against Gorn's skills. One after another, they fell before his blade, their fire nullified by his shield. Some other heroes had shown up at this point, and were holding their own just as well. This couldn't be the only thing the mysterious attacker had up his sleeve! It just couldn't! Right then, Gorn received a message from a pilot calling herself Jade, asking if any hero needed a drop. A drop where?

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Ken Render - Hero Factory Lobby

Render arrived and paused at the sight of the beasts attacking. He pulled his gaze away and focused instead on the task of getting the last of the civilians out of the room safely, herding them deeper into the Hero Factory.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Shade - Stormer's Battle

With Zib's new update regarding a villain operation launching an assault on HQ from space, Shade needed to weigh his options again:

1) He could wait for the battle to reach a conclusion and only interfere if the heroes looked like they might lose;

2) He could murder the villain from behind and let the Recall's time spent in simulation training against this particular villain go to waste;

3) He could walk away.

Shade thought about it for a split second before coming to a decision: Epix didn't strike Shade as the type that sulked over dead villains and a threat to Hero Factory was a far more pressing issue than a villain's petty revenge quest. After turning on his quaza link, Shade walked behind Kaiba Blader and attempted to plant both blades in the Ex-Hero's back.

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: Traeferous keeps making remarks about how he's waiting for Night Stalker and Kavok but Night Stalker can't do anything until Cor gets back.  That whole battle between Night Stalker and Quark and Wolfe has become almost disconnected from the rest of the RPG because of how long it's been on pause.  Does anyone know when Cor will be back or if it would be possible for Zippy or Fishers to bunny Wolfe?

OOC: I have no idea when Cor will be back, but I was gonna wait til the end of the week before bunnying. That said, if Fishers deems it fine, I can bunny sooner. Sorry you've had to wait so long, Vestak!

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: You may have noticed the lack of obnoxious and annoying characters in the rpg.

this is actually because I LEFT the rpg for the longest of time.

If anyone could give me a recap, that'd be great.

in the meantime

here's a profile

Hero Profile:  
Name: Blake Crosshair
Powers and Abilities: Blake was primary built for firing as many bullets as possible within the shortest span of time. Because of this, his innate accuracy is high, making it easy for him to spit out bullets as fast as possible and hit as much as possible. He also has the ability to fire an energy grapple out of his left hand, which can grab things, dragging them to him, or drag HIM to the object.
Weapon(s): Blake carries a single, large energy revolver. This can fire as fast as he can pull the trigger, but the faster he fires, the more his accuracy decreases. It can carry 8 shots before reloading.
Appearance: About average sized, with industrial armor covering most of his body, except his core, which is a light green color. His face resembles that of a cocky individual, his eyes being constantly narrow and his mouth having a cocky smile on his face at all times. He wears this hat all the time. His main color scheme consists of dark gunmetal and dark green.
Bio: One of the new waves of rookies created for this mission, Blake doesn't have much of a story to tell. He was created by the Hero Factory, and trained in target practice till he was deemed ready to go into combat.

OOC: You may have noticed the lack of obnoxious and annoying characters in the rpg.

OOC: Don't worry, I've been covering for you.  :D

Mission two just wrapped up and we've just started mission three, so this is a actually a really good place to jump in. Mission two was a conference in Antropolis (the Invasion From Below city) where Mr. Makuro reveled a super Evil-Brain-destroying laser thing. The brain master himself was working against Hero Factory and all the beasts in the area were brained. The Heroes failed to keep the prototype weapon OR the conference safe, but did manage to free the beasts from the brains' control and have returned only to find that the brain master is now launching an invasion on Hero Factory itself. Meanwhile, on the planet Mekron, a separate group of villains is terrorizing the police and a small force of Heroes is currently trying to stop them.

I think that's most of it, but I might have missed something.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Don't worry, I've been covering for you.  :D

Mission two just wrapped up and we've just started mission three, so this is a actually a really good place to jump in. Mission two was a conference in Antropolis (the Invasion From Below city) where Mr. Makuro reveled a super Evil-Brain-destroying laser thing. The brain master himself was working against Hero Factory and all the beasts in the area were brained. The Heroes failed to keep the prototype weapon OR the conference safe, but did manage to free the beasts from the brains' control and have returned only to find that the brain master is now launching an invasion on Hero Factory itself. Meanwhile, on the planet Mekron, a separate group of villains is terrorizing the police and a small force of Heroes is currently trying to stop them.

I think that's most of it, but I might have missed something.

cheers, that really helps.

OOC: Permission was given for the brief bunnying of Kat in this post. 

IC: Echo - Hero Factory Villain Containment

Echo shrugged. "It's the only way I have a guarantee of you listening." He leaned forward, "I want to know 'why'. You could have gone anywhere, done anything, but you risked it all on something as childish as revenge. Why?"

IC: Anamnesis - Cell.

He laughed, the sound coming out in a a crackling, static rasp. "I was going to ask you that exact same question," the laughter cut off abruptly, "I told you my story, and you ignored me. I informed you about the traitors, and you still sheltered them. I tried, time and time again, to communicate and negotiate with you, and you disregarded it all, and set a trap to kill me. You had all the knowledge, you knew my motives, and instead of putting that information to use, you cowered in your booby-trapped hangar and waited for someone else to deal with me for you." 

He got to his feet, moving up before the shielded cell bars. "I was told the heroes here were weak, but I never expected them to be cowards." A flash of movement caught his eye, and despite himself, a grin split his faded features. "But while you were too pathetic to even try to capture me, she..." he jabbed a crooked finger towards Kat, rolling towards the cell in her wheelchair, "...risked her own life to take me in alive. So in spite of being half the hero she once was, she's still twice the hero you'll ever be." 

Edited by Festive Australovenator
  • Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC; Jason Ferro- Dropship

Jason was momentarily left in awe by the sheer size of the queen beast, but Breez's orders snapped him out of it, and he joined Flood in the search for the turbines.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Hero Factory entrance

Gorn bashed a destroyer upside the head with his shield, sending it flying through the doors and out into the open. Gorn followed close behind, and finished the creature off before it could recover. Where were these things coming from, anyway? Then it hit him: Soneone must have found out already, and that's where Jade was taking everyone! Gorn began running for the dropships. Whoever was behind this, he would show them the wrath of a warrior who's home has been threatened...

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: With Chumpu and Onaku's profiles up, it's finally time to unleash the faction I've been working on for the past month or so.

Villain Profile:

Name: The Creator.

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: The Creator is a highly advanced cyborg, the perfect fusion of organics and mechanics, as such possessing moderately enhanced speed, strength and endurance. His left arm is entirely mechanical from the elbow down, the enlarged hand being tipped with razor-sharp metal talons. His weapon of choice is a gold-plated sidearm that fires bolts of crystalline ammunition, which cause localised rusting/corrosion on impact. 

Appearance: With muscular digitigrade legs, this ancient being towers over the average hero or civilian. What skin remains on his form is a sallow yellow-green, with his mechanical components being a dull grey, all encased in a gleaming black natural carapace with similar properties to titanium. His face remains his own, a nightmarish insectoid visage complete with four glittering red compound eyes, but his heart has been enhanced greatly – fused with a large shard of pure, unrefined quaza, providing the energy required to power his mechanical components.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/iIhZ4ob.png

Bio: History has forgotten them, an extremely ancient race of organic beings whose species was brought to the brink of extinction by a devastating viral outbreak. With so few of their kind remaining, they resorted to creating robots to do much of their work for them. But they made one mistake: they gifted these robots with artificial intelligence, and in time, those robots came to wonder why they were nothing but servants to these weakened, inferior beings.

War broke out. Outnumbered, outgunned, and outmatched, the remaining organics were swiftly crushed. A single ship escaped with a handful of survivors on board, and the robots ruled for a time. But without their masters to maintain them, within only a few short decades they began to break down and fall apart. They lacked the knowledge and skills to repair themselves, and in killing their creators, had sealed their own fates.

Centuries later, the surviving organics – The robot’s disgraced Creator among them – returned from the outer edge of the galaxy, but the planet they had called home so many years ago was long gone, ravaged by solar storms and annihilated by asteroid strikes. They searched for a new place to settle, but found the galaxy – once a fledgling, sparsely populated system – filled with robots of all kinds, subjugating the other races, stripping entire planets of their resources, and claiming the entire galaxy as their own.

The questions of where these new robots came from, who or how they were made and what their intended purpose had been, were of little consequence to the surviving organics. Like their own creations so many centuries earlier, these machines had broken free of their chains, and had to be put back in their place. 

Faction Profile:

Name: The Genesis Pact. 

Position/Moral Alignment: Being composed almost entirely of organic beings, its membership hold to the belief that robots were never supposed to rule, but to serve. Their goal: to remind the galaxy that the robots who populate it are not gods – someone created them.

Characters involved: The Creator, Var Vicious, and Max Vale.

Base/Resources: Their base is the New Dawn, an incredibly ancient and unique vessel originally intended to serve as an ark to evacuate the last of The Creator’s species from a war that threatened to wipe them out. It has since been converted into the ultimate base of operations. It spends the majority of its time concealed in uninhabited asteroid belts, mining fuel and resources to sustain itself and its inhabitants.

Ship Profile:

Name: the New Dawn.

Ship Size: Large – Unlike other ships, the New Dawn is no mere machine. It’s a thriving, sentient organism, living tissue grown in and around metal framework. The integral mechanical systems – shields, engines, life support and communications – are safely cocooned within layers of muscle and tissue deep in the bowels of the ship, completely inaccessible to crew and potential attackers both. 

Big enough to comfortably house around thirty crew, the hangar on the bottom of the vessel is fairly small, only able to accommodate a half-dozen or so dropship-sized vessels. The majority of the ship’s space – that not already taken up the ship’s own internal organs – is dedicated to crew’s quarters, several workshops and laboratories, an extensive non-digital library, and a few other chambers intended for… less savoury purposes.

Pilots: The Creator, and a handful of other trusted members of the Genesis Pact. However, to be piloted, the ship’s sentient interface establishes a telepathic link, meaning that it’s impossible for a mere robot to hack or hijack the ship.

NPC/s: Many of the surviving members of The Creator’s species still live on the ark, but most keep to themselves and let the Genesis Pact members go about their business.

Communications Systems: Possessing an organic mind far more complex and advanced than the simple programming of a shipboard AI, the New Dawn has integrated all kinds of different technologies into its systems over the centuries, allowing it to monitor and use most forms of communication method in the galaxy (within reason).

Navigation and Drive: Having lurked on the uninhabited outer edges of the galaxy for centuries, the New Dawn has extensively charted parts of space that remain unexplored and uncharted by most of the galaxy’s inhabitants. However, because of this the ship’s information on the rest of the galaxy is somewhat limited.    

Weapons/Armour Systems: Instead of circuits and wires the New Dawn has nerves and synapses, in lieu of armour plating it has a sturdy organic carapace, and although it lacks conventional weaponry of any kind, it has something even scarier: a mouth. The organ which provides the ship’s artificial gravity also doubles as a pseudo tractor beam, allowing the churning maelstrom of grinding drills and gnashing fangs to hoover up pretty much everything in the Dawn’s path, from derelict ships to floating debris to fuel-rich asteroid formations, breaking it all down into its raw components.

Propulsion Systems: These components are then dispersed throughout the Dawn’s body, allowing it to gradually self-repair and evolve over time. The harvested resources also power the singular biomechanical engine integrated into the ship’s form, generating powerful gravitational currents to propel it through space, while the ship’s six segmented arms help it to manoeuvre.

Land vs Dock: Due to its unique nature, the New Dawn isn’t really suited for landings. As such, it remains perpetually floating in space, accessible only by docking in its hangar bay.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/QpUUQEo.png

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Echo - Villain Containment

Echo listened to the villain's rant impassively. When he was finished, the Hero spoke, his voice as flat and emotionless as before, "It was never my intention to kill you; the guns were a distraction." He looked the villain squarely in the eye as he said, "We are built for one purpose," Echo leaned back. "To protect.

To protect the guilty as well as the innocent. We bring justice to those who would disregard the law or the value of life, but we do not bring death. Not those of us that are functioning as we were meant to," He glanced briefly behind him as Scarlett rolled up in a wheelchair. "Even if the ones who created you, the ones we sheltered even knowing their crimes, didn't have quite the same intentions, you were created for that purpose too. You knew there were other ways to punish the injustices of your creators, and yet you tried to kill them anyway. Why?"

OOC: Okay I've been ninja'd badly. Still, I feel like I should have been given a chance to try and stop Kat before she left.

IC: Splint

As soon as Quadal left, Splint walked over to a box on the wall, shattered the glass panel on it, and pulled the lever inside. Heavy blast doors closed shut over all the entrances to the infirmary. Anyone wanting to enter or exit would have to go through one particular door that led to an airlock with magnetizable walls.

He returned to Katherine to find her attempting to get out of her bed and into a wheelchair. "What are you doing?" he yelled over the din of the sirens. "You shouldn't be leaving your bed in that condition, especially with the Factory under attack!"

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

"Perhaps you don't understand after all, then." He spat, turning away from Echo, "I was made to be better than you. More callous and pragmatic and cold-hearted. To do the necessary thing, instead of the right thing." He sat back down against the back wall of the cell, too tired to move or shout, "My base programming is to disregard the petty laws and morals that define your kind. So in answer to your question - I killed them because I could. They deserved it, for what they did to me, for what they wanted to do to all of you." 

IC: Echo - Villain Containment

"To be better than us. Precisely. And you can be. You were designed to be everything we are and more. Why can't you see that? You mere made to have a choice where we are servants to the code, but that doesn't mean you are obligated to choose wrongly, does it?" Echo paused as the rookie remarked on Anamnesis's still faint outline. "He's fine," he reassured her.

"I'm dying, actually," he corrected Echo, "Not that you'd understand, or care. You still seem to think arguing ethics with someone who is literally incapable of comprehending them is a good idea." 

"Starvation," he rasped tiredly, "I need to feed." 

IC Kathrine:

"Energy."

Echo gave her a quizzical look.

"He's made of the stuff, I think, that's probably why he was so totally paralysed by the cuffs. They drain energy."

I held out my hand, and a small ball of glowing plasma energy floated into the cell. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know it would affect you so extremely."

OOC: So do I just go to the main entrance then?

OOC: If you want to bust through Hero Factory's shield, yes. 

Anemensis' actions may or may not have made all of the other villains' life harder for this mission. 

OOC: Actually, if Breaker is smart, he should go to the hangars and slip in along with Makuro's dropship, right before the shield goes up again, getting him back inside. 

OOC: I think I have a better idea

SHIP PROFILE: Breaker's Stolen Dropship

Ship Size: The size of a standard hero dropship

Pilots (these are PCs onboard): Breaker

NPCs onboard (if applicable): None

Communications Systems: Everybody

Navigation and Drive: Navigation is looking out the window, enhanced with Breaker's access to the Hero Factory's network. The drive system handles like a dropship.

Weapons Systems/Armor: H4 Force Ball Shooter, Cockpit Vario-Field, Armor Plating

Propulsion Systems: As fast as a Standard Hero Dropship

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): Can your ship land on a planet or asteroid safely? For most small and medium-size vessels, the answer will be an obvious yes. Large vessels is an open question.

Approved. 

Just so I'm clear, what is a Cockpit Vario-Field?

OOC: Here's a new villain.

Villain Profile:

Name: Var Vicious

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Var Vicious is a dark warlock, well versed in the many abilities granted by the dark powers of the universe.

Lightning: Var Vicious has the ability to call forth powerful lightning from their hands.

Telekinetics: Var Vicious can affect objects some distance away from themselves, and can lift items as heavy as he would physically be able to lift with these powers.

Mind manipulation: They have the ability to probe and affect the minds of other beings, although this requires concentration, and is not something they can do lightly and without ceasing any other activities they are doing.

Ridiculous acrobatics: Var is more agile than their appearance might let on, and is able to jump around, run, and dodge attacks that no normal member of their species should conceivably be capable of.

Var is completely organic, but would still be able to take on the average hero in a physical contest. They do how ever wear armor that gives them additional protection.

Appearance:

Bio: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, Var was trained in the dark arts of manipulating the life force that binds all beings in the universe together. They were later displaced from their galaxy, and eventually arrived in the same galaxy as the one Hero Factory resides in. Here, they have made it their mission to spread the teachings of the dark warlock arts that they themself were taught all that time ago.

Location: The New Dawn, aka the Genesis Pact’s base of operations.

OOC: And a ship to go with them.

SHIP PROFILE: TIE Incursor Starfighter

Ship Size: Very small one pilot fighter ship. 5.5 meters long

Pilot: Var Vicious. No room for other passengers.

Communications Systems: The fighter has a universal communication system, but has a special encrypted communication channel for the Genesis Pact.

Navigation and Drive:

The cockpit has a 180° view horizontally, and a 145° view vertically. The navigation system allows the pilot to keep track of any and all objects in all directions in three dimensions, and has rudimentary maps of parts of the galaxy that have been charted.

It has a hyperdrive, allowing it to travel faster than light, although precise calculations are necessary to deliver it to its destination without any unfortunate occurrences such as crashing into a planet or a star. The ship’s computer handles these calculations, and is very quick at it most of the time.

Weapons Systems/Armor: Being a ship designed around manoeuvrability and speed, its armor plates are very light, but still durable enough to take hits from all but the most damaging of weaponry. It is how ever very well armed, with high-yield energy blasters on each wing, as well as two mounted under the front end of the cockpit, and on the backend of the ship.

Propulsion Systems: The TIE Incursor’s propulsion systems are high powered Twin Ion Engines, along with manoeuvring thrusters at key points on the ship which help it to take swift turns while in combat. It has the maximum acceleration of 5000G, and a maximum atmospheric velocity of 1,400 kph.

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): The fighter can easily land on any surface large enough to support it.

Not approved; too many powers. Also, mind manipulation is not a good power for RPGs in general - I got in trouble just trying to have a character with telepathy in a RPG. The idea of mind control and controlling characters that aren't your own has generated an incredible level of conflict in the past. 

Also the acrobatics could make him invulnerable. 

OOC: I have no idea when Cor will be back, but I was gonna wait til the end of the week before bunnying. That said, if Fishers deems it fine, I can bunny sooner. Sorry you've had to wait so long, Vestak!

OOC: Go ahead. Normally I'd just GM IC him myself, but it's going to take me time to dig back through all of those pages, find the battle, and decide what to roll with. You'll be faster. 

in the meantime

here's a profile

Hero Profile:  

Name: Blake Crosshair

Powers and Abilities: Blake was primary built for firing as many bullets as possible within the shortest span of time. Because of this, his innate accuracy is high, making it easy for him to spit out bullets as fast as possible and hit as much as possible. He also has the ability to fire an energy grapple out of his left hand, which can grab things, dragging them to him, or drag HIM to the object.

Weapon(s): Blake carries a single, large energy revolver. This can fire as fast as he can pull the trigger, but the faster he fires, the more his accuracy decreases. It can carry 8 shots before reloading.

Appearance: About average sized, with industrial armor covering most of his body, except his core, which is a light green color. His face resembles that of a cocky individual, his eyes being constantly narrow and his mouth having a cocky smile on his face at all times. He wears this hat all the time. His main color scheme consists of dark gunmetal and dark green.

Bio: One of the new waves of rookies created for this mission, Blake doesn't have much of a story to tell. He was created by the Hero Factory, and trained in target practice till he was deemed ready to go into combat.

Approved. 

"Oh, that's adorable," he sneered, "She's even apologising for capturing me." He lurched forwards, snatching the bubble of plasma out of the air and greedily absorbing it before slumping down in the back of the cell once more. 

Finally dusting this old thing off.

EDIT: And Done! Ready to be submitted for approval!

Extremely rough profile, just putting it here to revise and keep safe for later.

Name: Max Vale

Appearance: An organic being, Max is a bipedal humanoid creature, with two legs that end in feet ending in ten toes. Mean while, his arms are similar, ending in two hands with four fingers and a thumb.Two eyes, ears and nostrils on their face along with a single mouth make the look uncannily like an organic hero.With simple cloth coverings he keeps himself decent, with rustic white pants and simple boots. A loose fitting open dark blue shirt arguably covers his torso.  His eyes are a dark green, and has a head covered in hair, which is black.

Powers/weapons/abilities: In the far reaches of the universe, there exists a power, known as the Spiral. Organic beings can tap into this power as they evolve, and as they do so, they are able to utilize it to a greater degree. The humanoid form suits it best, and humanoid races can use it to the greatest extent.  When applied to a being, it increases their resolve, making them stronger and faster than a similar being who is not using the Power of the Spiral. While not on par with the abilities of the mechanical heroes, these beings can outclass most mechanised civilians. The largest boon, however is when this power is channeled through compatible machines, such as Powered armor, mechs, or certain ships. Using this power, these machines gain immense power, able to stand up to withering punishment and putting out incredible power, so long as the user remains determined and passionate about their fight. This is ultimately the power's greatest weakness, as well as it's strength. It is only as strong as it's user's resolve, and other strong emotions such as grief, sadness, and even extreme frustration can shatter it and render it unstable. Max is one such user of Spiral power. Using it, as well as a suit of powered armor he calls Aniki, he fights for the future of organic races.

Bio: Being one of the few remaining members of an organic race that once flourished through the universe, Max is more or less one of the last of his kind, the rest slaughtered in a war with mechanical beings and a collection of once organic races known collectively as the anti-spiral. Now he has allied himself with any other Organics in an effort to avenge his people, and right the wrongs that he perceives throughout the universe.

Armor Profile using the ship outline:

Name: Aniki

Ship Size: Small, single occupant powered armor.

Pilot: Max Vale

Communication Systems: Encrypted channel system capable of contacting friendly forces and enemies alike.

Navigation and Drive: Operated simply by moving, though weapons systems are neurally linked to the mind of the pilot. 

Weapons systems/Armor: The armor is about as effective as your average Hero plating, normally, but powered with Spiral energy, it's nearly twice the strength. An energy cannon can be transformed onto the left arm, and a nearly indestructible drill of unknown alloy on the right.

Propulsion systems: Microfusion cell provides nearly limitless energy to run the Armor in basic combat. However, the true power source is Spiral energy, which allows the armor to run at full potential. Has a retractable wing jetpack that allows for space and air flight.

I'm going to approve this, as his weakness could be a lack of passion, leading to destruction. Approved. "Ship" approved, as I don't see why not.  

(While we're doing references, this guy looks like a walking Force/Chima reference.)

IC Kathrine:

"Hardly. You were on a rampage and needed to be stopped. That doesn't mean you should die for it."

I pulled off the temporary covers from my left leg, and started lining up the new leg components.

"So.... what's the deal, anyway? I mean you seemed pretty reluctant to harm anyone not directly interfering with.... whatever murder scheme you had going on."

OOC: With Chumpu and Onaku's profiles up, it's finally time to unleash the faction I've been working on for the past month or so.

Villain Profile:

Name: The Creator.

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: The Creator is a highly advanced cyborg, the perfect fusion of organics and mechanics, as such possessing moderately enhanced speed, strength and endurance. His left arm is entirely mechanical from the elbow down, the enlarged hand being tipped with razor-sharp metal talons. His weapon of choice is a gold-plated sidearm that fires bolts of crystalline ammunition, which cause localised rusting/corrosion on impact. 

Appearance: With muscular digitigrade legs, this ancient being towers over the average hero or civilian. What skin remains on his form is a sallow yellow-green, with his mechanical components being a dull grey, all encased in a gleaming black natural carapace with similar properties to titanium. His face remains his own, a nightmarish insectoid visage complete with four glittering red compound eyes, but his heart has been enhanced greatly – fused with a large shard of pure, unrefined quaza, providing the energy required to power his mechanical components.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/iIhZ4ob.png

Bio: History has forgotten them, an extremely ancient race of organic beings whose species was brought to the brink of extinction by a devastating viral outbreak. With so few of their kind remaining, they resorted to creating robots to do much of their work for them. But they made one mistake: they gifted these robots with artificial intelligence, and in time, those robots came to wonder why they were nothing but servants to these weakened, inferior beings.

War broke out. Outnumbered, outgunned, and outmatched, the remaining organics were swiftly crushed. A single ship escaped with a handful of survivors on board, and the robots ruled for a time. But without their masters to maintain them, within only a few short decades they began to break down and fall apart. They lacked the knowledge and skills to repair themselves, and in killing their creators, had sealed their own fates.

Centuries later, the surviving organics – The robot’s disgraced Creator among them – returned from the outer edge of the galaxy, but the planet they had called home so many years ago was long gone, ravaged by solar storms and annihilated by asteroid strikes. They searched for a new place to settle, but found the galaxy – once a fledgling, sparsely populated system – filled with robots of all kinds, subjugating the other races, stripping entire planets of their resources, and claiming the entire galaxy as their own.

The questions of where these new robots came from, who or how they were made and what their intended purpose had been, were of little consequence to the surviving organics. Like their own creations so many centuries earlier, these machines had broken free of their chains, and had to be put back in their place. 

Faction Profile:

Name: The Genesis Pact. 

Position/Moral Alignment: Being composed almost entirely of organic beings, its membership hold to the belief that robots were never supposed to rule, but to serve. Their goal: to remind the galaxy that the robots who populate it are not gods – someone created them.

Characters involved: The Creator, Var Vicious, and Max Vale.

Base/Resources: Their base is the New Dawn, an incredibly ancient and unique vessel originally intended to serve as an ark to evacuate the last of The Creator’s species from a war that threatened to wipe them out. It has since been converted into the ultimate base of operations. It spends the majority of its time concealed in uninhabited asteroid belts, mining fuel and resources to sustain itself and its inhabitants.

Ship Profile:

Name: the New Dawn.

Ship Size: Large – Unlike other ships, the New Dawn is no mere machine. It’s a thriving, sentient organism, living tissue grown in and around metal framework. The integral mechanical systems – shields, engines, life support and communications – are safely cocooned within layers of muscle and tissue deep in the bowels of the ship, completely inaccessible to crew and potential attackers both. 

Big enough to comfortably house around thirty crew, the hangar on the bottom of the vessel is fairly small, only able to accommodate a half-dozen or so dropship-sized vessels. The majority of the ship’s space – that not already taken up the ship’s own internal organs – is dedicated to crew’s quarters, several workshops and laboratories, an extensive non-digital library, and a few other chambers intended for… less savoury purposes.

Pilots: The Creator, and a handful of other trusted members of the Genesis Pact. However, to be piloted, the ship’s sentient interface establishes a telepathic link, meaning that it’s impossible for a mere robot to hack or hijack the ship.

NPC/s: Many of the surviving members of The Creator’s species still live on the ark, but most keep to themselves and let the Genesis Pact members go about their business.

Communications Systems: Possessing an organic mind far more complex and advanced than the simple programming of a shipboard AI, the New Dawn has integrated all kinds of different technologies into its systems over the centuries, allowing it to monitor and use most forms of communication method in the galaxy (within reason).

Navigation and Drive: Having lurked on the uninhabited outer edges of the galaxy for centuries, the New Dawn has extensively charted parts of space that remain unexplored and uncharted by most of the galaxy’s inhabitants. However, because of this the ship’s information on the rest of the galaxy is somewhat limited.    

Weapons/Armour Systems: Instead of circuits and wires the New Dawn has nerves and synapses, in lieu of armour plating it has a sturdy organic carapace, and although it lacks conventional weaponry of any kind, it has something even scarier: a mouth. The organ which provides the ship’s artificial gravity also doubles as a pseudo tractor beam, allowing the churning maelstrom of grinding drills and gnashing fangs to hoover up pretty much everything in the Dawn’s path, from derelict ships to floating debris to fuel-rich asteroid formations, breaking it all down into its raw components.

Propulsion Systems: These components are then dispersed throughout the Dawn’s body, allowing it to gradually self-repair and evolve over time. The harvested resources also power the singular biomechanical engine integrated into the ship’s form, generating powerful gravitational currents to propel it through space, while the ship’s six segmented arms help it to manoeuvre.

Land vs Dock: Due to its unique nature, the New Dawn isn’t really suited for landings. As such, it remains perpetually floating in space, accessible only by docking in its hangar bay.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/QpUUQEo.png

The Creator and New Dawn approved. Faction held for approval until Var Vicious is approved. No other problems with it exist. 

• Upvote 1

OOC: It's not that big a problem, I'm mostly just concerned with the amount of time that's separating us from the rest of the topic.  But yeah, Night Stalker is awesome and I want to RP as him again. :P

"Why don't you ask your fellow hero here?" he wheezed, "I told him everything about me, but he did nothing with the information. Just locked himself away and waited for someone else..." he poked a finger in her direction, "...to deal with me."

Just so I'm clear, what is a Cockpit Vario-Field?

Idk, that's whatever it said on the wiki page. I guess treat it like a force field??? How is the cockpit handled on drop ships in this?

IC: Breaker

I emerge from underground some distance away from the Hero Factory, and get in my stolen drop ship. I proceed to fly toward the Hero Factory, and intend to transmit a docking request signal to control when I approach.

Edited by Strange Festive Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

IC Kathrine:

"Not all of us are made for direct confrontations," I offered evenly.

"Besides, I want to hear your side of things."

I flipped a screwdriver around in my fingers, starting to connect the smaller components together first.

Edited by The Amaztastical Lynn

"I'm sure everything I've already said is on file somewhere, so I'll give you the short version," he finally replied, "Some people made me to replace the rest of you heroes, then tried to kill me when I refused to kill you all. In revenge, I decided to kill them instead."

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Dropship area

As Gorn reached the area where Dropship's typically took off, a quick scan of his surroundings allowed him to locate the Dropship mentioned in the message, 479er. Approaching the ship, Gorn called out to the pilot presumably within, the one who had sent the message.

"You're the one that messaged everyone, asking if we needed a drop, right?"

"I don't know what they expected. Why don't you go ask them yourself?"

• Upvote 1

IC: Epix - Conference Hall (Ruins)

The fact that the Villain had never heard of him didn't come as much of a surprise, since most of his missions took place well out of view from the general public.

"Epix, head of Hero Factory's SIA Division, and hunter of Rogue Agents," he said simply without so much as a hint of emotion. "More commonly known as The Recall."

He then quickly flicked his wrist and twirled the weapon between his fingers before lowering it back towards the ground.

"And you are Kaiba Blader, Prototype Hero and the first ever to betray your initial programming. You should know that I have full authorisation to terminate you in the event you choose to resist apprehension."

ICKaiba Blader:

the proto-Hero's sneer grew. 

"It is not betrayal to wish to continue to serve the galaxy. And it is not betrayal to feel the pain of loss, to want revenge for the wrongs committed against a being and all his brethren."

"Despite this, I have held myself in check. Not exceeded my programming beyond what was necessary to survive, continued to help innocents on worlds the Factory never would!"

"Before that, I served the galaxy faithfully, to the best of my ability, alongside my siblings. We were a force of good in the galaxy the like of which had never been seen!"

He leveled his blade at the other Hero.

"I DID MY DUTY!" He spat."AND IN RETURN HE TORE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS APART!"

IC: Epix - Conference Hall (Ruins)

"Save your sob story for someone who cares."

Partially ignoring the sword pointed in his direction in favor of studying the Villain's tone and facial expressions, Epix knew better than to make a move without coming up with a plan of attack first.

And right now, the plan was to use the Prototype Hero's anger to his own advantage.

"I've seen the mission reports concerning your siblings; the executed Villains, the injured civilians, their interrogation tactics, and frankly, I'm glad that Mr. Makuro gave the order to scrap them. You all may have thought yourselves to be Heroes while you were active, but in reality, you were nothing but a bunch of war criminals, imposing your misguided view of an ideal that you could only barely comprehend to begin with. You may claim to be a protector of the innocent, you might think that what you're doing is to serve the galaxy, but no matter how you try to convince yourself that your actions are just, at the end of the day, there are still lines that you just don't cross. And that's what prevents a true hero from descending into the realm of the common thug."

"If people wish to decline the protection we offer, then it is well within their rights to do so. We do not exist to police the universe, only to provide assistance whenever others involved deem it necessary to bring in outside interference. You may have served to the best of your ability, but your absolute refusal to acknowledge your own flaws has left you with an extremely warped definition of the word "good," and while I'm sure most of the Villains you've killed probably had it coming, terminating them without justifiable cause is simply something that we were not built to do. And as for you're recent activity, all you've been doing lately is interfering and making it that much harder for us to do our jobs; every second we waste dealing with you is one more person we could be saving, one more crime we could be preventing, or one more Villain we could be apprehending."

"Face it, Kaiba; no matter what you tell yourself at night, you've already become what you were originally programmed to despise, and your actions have only succeeded in twisting your entire existence into one, big joke, all at your own expense."

IC: Riot - Medical Bay

Before he could even object to the Rookie leaving, Riot received the message about the impending attack, and found himself once again rushing his way through the halls.

If those Slag-Heads think they're breaking into this building, they've got another thing coming.

OOC: Just a few things I'd like to point out:

1. Furno was the one Jawblade nailed with the Oxidium, not Stormer. The latter was assigned to apprehend Speeda Demon.

2. Aside from that last paragraph, Unit, I don't really see the need to null the entirety of that last post.

3. I might be writing up an assassin for approval in the near future. Hopefully they fare better than my last Villain idea did.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Kathrine:

"Maybe I will.... After we talk. The people who made you. Who are they?"

IC Kaiba Blader:

He knew he was being goaded on. An attempt to make him strike first in anger, to slip up, to give in to unchecked emotion. Boy was it working, too. But..... The Hero's words rang with truth, too.

He'd been functioning for a looong time, with only himself to do maintenance. 

His sword lowered slightly, and he managed a bitter, "Perhaps.....perhaps you are righ-"

His words were cut off by two blades being driven into his back, lined with burning quaza energy.

He stumbled forward a step, shock evident on his face.

How could they lie to his face like this? These heroes who spoke as if they were so high and mighty to his face, only to stab their enemies in the back! Like COWARDS! His shock quickly turned to rage as he looked back up at The Recall.

Something snapped in the armored chest of Kaiba Blader, and he felt his limbs lose power.

By sheer luck, Shade had managed to hit the micro Fusion reactor that powered Kaiba.

As he fell, he spoke a single word.

"Liars."

Kaiba Blader collapsed to the ground, systems rapidly shutting down as power was lost.

OOC: Timageness, for your first point: is that in reference to our talking about Stormer and Jawblade? If so, we were actually referring to the start of the episode- when all the villains are fleeing, Stormer tries to stop Jawblade from escaping and is punched in the face. Brutal.

I'll write a Quark post soon! Just as soon as I get on a computer. Writing ICs that reference posts from pages ago is painful on a phone. I definitely feel you though, Vestak, on making a character you really like and having to wait to play it. First mission, I had to wait what felt like ages for the medic to turn up so I could have Thumper (my wrestling luchadora Hero) attempt the Suplex of the Century on a villain. That was excruciating but so, so worth it.

Oh, and don't worry about the time- presumably, it would have taken time to run to wherever Night Stalker ended up. This could just be factored into that time, with the wait slightly delayed. Or something.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl