fishers64

IC: Echo - Villain Containment

"When you're programmed to kill innocents- I use the term "innocents" very loosely here- then yes, it is a punishable offense. But like I was saying earlier, you aren't programmed to kill. You were designed to be an even greater force of good in the universe than we strive to be. If you can just manage to wrap your head around that idea, I might actually have a chance at getting you out of here."

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Hero Factory

To make the trip to the hangars as fast as possible, Bliss decided to ignore the "Not For Indoor Use!" warning on his wingpack and turned it on. Almost instantly he was lifted off his feet and dragged down the hallways at super speed, barely managing to turn corners without smashing violently into the walls. When he reached the hangar his ship was stored in, he switched the wingpack off and promptly flew headlong into the side of dropship. Hard. Groaning and rubbing his head, he climbed to his feet and began moving towards the Cor Solis.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Anamnesis - Cell.

"Are you seriously trying to insinuate that you know more about my programming than I do?" he rose to his feet, rage bubbling once more to the surface, "What my ambitious, misguided creators wanted me to do, and what they actually programmed me to do, are - rather amusingly - two very different things." He took a moment to calm himself, the veins of red that had been snaking through his form slowly dissipating.

He'd spent weeks combing through his own code, trying to understand what the limits and boundaries of his programming were. And when he'd finally translated all of the technical jargon embedded in his personality matrix and paraphrased what remained, he'd found that his coding was filled with a plethora of charming directives along the lines of "you are above the law", "wrongdoers must be punished", and "mercy is weakness". 

"And in answer to your question," he finally turned to address Kat, "Of course not. I can't change what's in my quaza core any more than you can change what's in yours." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC ???

The dark and mysterious villain lurked in the shadows of villain storage, slinking past a group of cells encased in concrete. They were no object for this villain. 

GM NPC CORRODER (VILLAIN STORAGE)

Corroder was the first to see the horrifying visage of the villain he had worked under for so many years, uttering his name in panic and falling back into the laser field. "I will be ready soon," the messager said. "It better be better than last time."

"Yes," Corroder hissed. 

GM NPC JAWBLADE (VILLAIN STORAGE)

Jawblade's response to the villain's message was more cheerful. He began eagerly swimming around his tank and rubbing his fins together. "How much will I get paid?"

"Your freedom will be payment enough."

"Aww," Jawblade complained - but the mysterious villain was already gone. 

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM (VILLAIN STORAGE)

Black Phantom said nothing in response to the villain's message. He would know results when he saw them. 

GM NPC SENIOR MISSION CHIEF (W/ZIB)

"Sir, I just had a planet go completely dark. No communications, no gravity, and it doesn't even show up on the sensor scans. Sir, Valos IV is...gone."

GM NPC MR. MAKURO (TALKING TO EPIX)

"Epix, you underestimate the wonders of Hero Factory's technology," Mr. Makuro said, picking up one of the Brain zappers. "Production has already begun, and we have just rolled out ten working models."  

OOC: More ICs, etc, incoming. I just got informed that I will be going in for jury duty tommorrow, AGAIN. Curse you, real life and your stupid expectations. 

IC: Echo - Villain Storage

"Not at all. I have no idea what your code looks like but I doubt you were built for murder. You said your creators built you to 'do what was necessary', right? You seem to consider death 'necessary' right now, but I don't think that's strictly the only solution."

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Cor Solis

Bliss popped the hatch on his ship and climbed in. The warm glow of the interior lights flooded the cockpit as he strapped himself in and began charging the engines. Closing the hatch, he disabled the locking clamps and dropped out of the rack the Cor Solis was docked in. "This is Bliss requesting the shield on hangar Oh-Seven-Alpha to be lowered immediately!"

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

"Hypocrite," he chuckled, the laugh dry and humourless, "You preach at me that death isn't the answer, but only a half hour ago you instructed an entire hangar's worth of turrets to gun me down." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Echo - Villain Containment

Echo remained as calm and detached as ever. "See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You think differently than I do, but even I can predict some things. I wouldn't ever walk into a hangar with its turrets gunning for me no matter what was in there. I was counting on you sharing that mentality, which you did. As I said before: the guns were to keep you out, not to kill you."

OOC: I leave for a day and everything just explodes in here!

~

IC: Ken Render - With The Fire Ants

"Go, go!" Render managed to get the last of the civilians out of harm's way before turning to the battle. The Heroes in the fray were handling the situation pretty well, but a little more firepower couldn't hurt. He leveled his revolver at the nearest attacker and fired three times in quick succession.

~

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker's radar is not hindered by the cloud, and thus he sees Wolfe drawing an arrow and drops to the ground as the arrows sails over him.  He fires tow gas bombs at the heroes with multiple purposes.  They probably knew what the gas could do from the cops, so there was little chance of them remaining in the cloud that billowed up around them.  However, even if they escaped it quickly, the buildings behind them would not.  It'd take a few minutes, but those buildings would come down, hopefully right on top of the heroes.  He grabbed another shelving unit and placed it just behind the cloud at the window for cover and began firing energy blasts, aiming to try and keep them pinned down in front of the buildings which were even now being weakened by the gas.

OOC: If it's going to crumble the buildings around them, doesn't that by nature include the one that Night Stalker is currently hiding in? Especially since there was a gas bomb thrown directly in front of that building to provide cover just a few posts ago? Which is fine, by the way. I'll roll with it.

Oh, and how did he see Wolfe pulling back the bow? His profile says Night Stalker can only see incoming objects (so that would be the arrow when it's firing) and has poor reflexes, doesn't it? I'm not so fussed about it this time because again, I can roll with it (maybe he got lucky this time or something, which is fine), but just for future reference, keep track of what your characters can and can't do. Don't lose any sleep over it, though! I've almost done the same thing a few times already.

IC: Dorothy Quark and Daren Wolfe - With Night Stalker

Quark threw aside the now-ruined shelves and rolled for cover, Wolfe doing the same. Wolfe nocked another arrow, but paused at a tiny, almost imperceptible sound. "Uh, Dot?"

"Yeah?" Quark grunted, firing from her new vantage point behind a wrecked car.

"That corrosive gas... well, we're out of the thick of it, but what about the buildings?"

The front window frame of the building the villain was hiding in groaned as the metal began to give. She cursed as she saw other buildings begin to be affected by the corrosive gas. "Fall back! We'll fish him out of the fallen building! Keep eyes on the place, though!"

Wolfe moved into an alley, bow pointed and ready to go. Quark almost followed, groaned, and then turned to the building from a safe distance away. "Get out of there! It's going to come down, you fool!"

Then, she took shelter, though she was still close to the building.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - With Ferro

Ferro seemed to know what he was doing. Flood followed him down the tunnel.

~

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Back at the Police Station

They arrived, and Thumper looked into the hole in the ground. "Huh. I see a green glow. What do you think, Mara?"

Quiver was pretty sure the police officers would do fine on their own, but couldn't say that. She clutched Thumper's arm as she peered into the hole.

"I... I h-hear laser f-fire."

As she said that, a blast shot by the hole. Thumper grinned. "Well! Maybe we'll catch a villain today after all!"

As she was about to jump in, she saw Quiver's expression. She paused. "Uh, Mara..."

"Y-Yes?"

"I want you to, uh..." What would Quark say? "Um, hold point! Far away! Safely! For safety."

Quiver glanced away to hide her expression. "Yes, E-Ellie."

"Awesome! I'll go down first, okay?"

Thumper jumped down and landed heavily. She caught Quiver as she slipped down and set her aside, shooting her a reassuring grin before heading to the fight, ready to rumble. Quiver slunk back into the shadows, but held her gun at the ready. Even if she was a poor fighter up close, she didn't want to be caught off-guard if she was needed.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

"Hello, does anybody read me?" He asked again over the comms, "Anyone at all?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Clairvoyance is not one of my abilities," he retorted dryly, "I only found out about the turrets after they started shooting at me, so your claims that they were intended as a deterrent only is clearly a lie." He leaned himself up against the back wall of his cell, "That would be like me hiding a bomb in the factory's reactor as a failsafe to prevent my capture, but then only mentioning it after I've been locked up..." the vague outline of his face contorted into a grin, "...oh, wait. Whoops." 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Call Centre.

"How did these critters get past the failsafe shield?" He shouted to no one in particular, ducking behind cover once more to reload, "Come to think of it, what are these things?" 

IC: Silvia Raine - Makuhero City.

Breaking out of FTL, she flew her ship down towards the planetoid's surface, keeping well away from the battle for the time being. Although her ship could take some punishment, it wasn't made for battle. It was made for - among a plethora of other things - evacuating people away from battles. For a price, of course...

IC: Markus Vex - Above Antropolis. 

Once free of the planet's atmosphere, he powered down the sub-light engines and charged up the FTL drive. Moments later, the hero pod vanished in a blur of light, heading back to Hero Factory. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

GM IC DESTOYERS - 6 (IN RESPONSE TO BLISS' ATTACK; NEAR BUCKLEY, SHARD)

Bliss' attack actually exploded two of the Destroyers, damaging three more and completely destroying a bunch of call center desks. The others focused on bringing down the side walls, which left them completely vulnerable to Lilith's and Buckley's shots, and then Dane's shockwave destroyed them all. 

GM NPC MISSION CHIEF (W/ZIB - TALKING TO UNIT)

"Yes, she's down in villain storage right now, talking with one of the criminals, it looks like. Amenesis. Didn't she just play a key role in putting him there?"

GM NPC ZIB (TALKING TO NIMUS)

"Go get him!" Zib told Surge. "Go drive him out of there and get him back here now!" 

"Surge should be there in a very short amount of time. We're under attack, and I need you to do some stuff, starting with a recharge."

GM NPC SURGE

Surge, who was already near the hangar bay, boarded a dropship and took off at high speed for Tranquis VII. The lowering of the shield for Surge's exit would allow Gunship 479 to leave as well - and possibly Breaker to enter. "Dreadful." Surge grumbled.

GM NPC MR. MAKURO (TALKING TO ABACUS)

"I'd have plenty for you to do if that old curmudgeon would let me take that shield down." He glared at Zib.

He then gestured to Nex, who was busy helping Mr. Makuro, writing code on multiple screens and reassuring nervous civilians that he and the Hero Factory were handling the attacks just fine.

GM NPC ZIB

"I'm not taking that blasted thing down. Weapons analysis just came in and told us that ship has beams that could render Hero Factory obsolete if that shield is gone. That's something we can't afford."

----------------------------------

GM IC DR. LIE

"Doctor" he said, sounding insulted. "Dr. Lie. And what sort of 'business' are we talking about?"

He then opened the comms to Fravi. "Code 45 confirmed. Run me a scan on this stranger and see if it has a quaza core. I don't trust him at all."

GM IC FRAVI

"Rogue Heroes do exist," Fravi reminded him.

GM IC DR. LIE

"I don't like it. Run me a scan anyway."

------------------------------------- 

GM NPC STORMER (TALKING TO SHADE)

"Are you kidding me? You'd probably crash it into some civilians or buildings around here and make a bad name for yourself, and probably not get off this planet for a very long time."

GM IC FLOOD/FERRO

This area looked like it had been widened recently - it quickly reached a ladder straight down where three beasts were moving around at the bottom. There was clearly a side tunnel about halfway down. 

---------------------------------------------

OOC: I meant to post a ship profile ages ago but kept pushing it off. Procrastination is over!

SHIP PROFILE: The Scalpel

Ship Size:
The Scalpel is a one-man light carrier shuttle that
Shade uses to transport himself to his assassination targets. It is shaped like a sleek silver arrow head with thrusters on the back, wings on the sides, and a small fin on the top. A recharge station is installed where a copilot’s seat would normally be. There is a small area in the back large enough to hold a land speeder when needed. If the speeder is not needed, the space is left open in case Shade needs to bring the body of the deceased mark back to Hero Factory. This area is large enough to hold two 2.0 models if they don’t mind laying down on top of each other in cramped positions.

Land Speeder: The land speeder is just big enough to hold a 2.0 model with a maximum weight limit of 600 lbs. The speeder has almost no armor to speak of (just some light plating over the engine and other major parts) and can reach a maximum speed of 200 miles per hour. There is a small detachable container on the back held on by magnetic systems. The container is 2 ft3 and is impervious to the most common means of detection allowing sensitive items to be carried unnoticed.

Pilots:
Shade rides along in the pilot seat, but he relies completely on Silke. Silke is Shade’s personalized ship AI that operates all functions of the ship.

Communications Systems: 
The Scalpel has open network channels to receive and transmit to and from Hero Factory’s Assassin Division. This means that the only ones capable of communicating with the ship are those who either find the ship’s frequency code on accident, those who have a high enough clearance and are part of the AD project, or those who are given access to the AD’s line of communication specifically.

Navigation and Drive: The star charts and navigation systems are state of the art when it comes to The Scalpel. Every known Star and Planet system is mapped and stored in order for Silke to make the best decisions regarding flight path and ship-to-destination trajectory. The ship was built and personalized for Shade and can track him and fly to him as long as they are in the same system. Shade can communicate with Silke on a private communication line.

Weapons Systems/Armor: The ship is designed with a proto-type cloaking device more powerful than most chameleon fields in existence. The field is designed to protect against heat vision or similar heat detection devices, radar, sonar, x-ray, magnetic, and infra-red rays. Even if another ship knew or suspected that The Scalpel was in the area and used the cunning method of scanning the surrounding air’s molecules and atoms (this wouldn’t work in space) to detect the ship sized “bubble” of nothing, The Scalpel would simulate the chemical makeup of the air around it and forgo detection. The armor is light as the ship is designed for stealth, not for combat. The only weapon is a swivel turret on a track that allows the turret to travel from the top of the ship to the bottom and adjoining sides. The turret is a high caliber precision-beam model that excels at exploiting weaknesses in another ship. The beam can only be kept up for 4 seconds before having to cool down for 14 seconds.

Propulsion Systems: The Scalpel has 4 hyper-boosters on the back and one attached to each wing. Its maximum acceleration is 8000G. The wings and fin have gaps in the middle to allow the swivel turret to roll around on the track and down the sides without interference.

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): The wings fold up upon landing, allowing the ship to land in any hangar. It can land in a hangar with a low ceiling as long as there’s room to dock with the wings in flight gear. The ship is capable of landing in water without fear of harm as long as there’s no breach in the hull and the doors remain closed. This came in handy when Shade had to lose a tail over a water world long enough for Silke to tell him how to repair the damaged chameleon field generator.

Location: It is currently docked in AD's private underwater hangar bay.

Approved. 

OOC: Figured it was time to try my hand at another Villain.

Name: Wraith

Powers and Abilities: Biometric Holographic Scanning - Wraith can quickly scan anyone within her line of sight, giving her almost immediate access to their medical history, psychological profiles, and a complete three-dimensional layout of their appearance, along with their current vital signs. She can then cloak herself inside a light-based projection of them, provided that they are of a similar size and build, which not only looks and feels like the original, but also overides her current status with that of her previous target's, allowing her to bypass cameras and scanners with both the utmost impunity and the ability to retain any and all weapons that she has in her possession.

In other words, when combined with her already extensive knowledge of lockpicking and bypassing other electronic systems via either manual hacking or hot-wiring, she is an absolute security nightmare, manifested in physical form.

Weapons: Cold-Fire Katana - A sword possessing a blade that, when activated, begins to molecularly disintegrate any object its wielder attempts to cut.

Suppressed Nano-Cannons - Capable of firing six shots before needing to be manually reloaded. Has excellent stopping power, can punch holes into the toughest of armor, and uses rounds containing carnivorous nanobots that attempt to devour their targets shortly after impact.

Explosive Gel Sniper Rifle - A relatively silent weapon that fires capsules that shatter upon impact with its targets, splashing them with a highly volitile substance designed to detonate after a few seconds of being exposed to the atmosphere.

Appearance: Wraith is primarily silver, transparent purple and transparent light blue. She has light blue eyes, purple tendrils flowing from the back of her head, two talons emerging from her feet, and a skeletal motif that is littered with spikes.

Bio: Wraith is a Model R8H-47 assassin bot created by a Villain unknown to Hero Factory's database, who intended to build an army that could not only infiltrate their way into their headquarters but also destroy them from the inside. He died shortly before his plans could be realised, however, and she and her sadistic sisters were eventually sold on the black market in order to cover his debts. A gang of small-time criminals eventually bought her in the hopes of bettering themselves by having her take out a local crime lord, but after figuring out that she was more intelligent than all of them put together within the first hour of her activation, she turned on her supposed "masters," murdering them all with nothing but her bare hands before deciding to go into business for herself as a professional contract killer. 

And as of right now, she is one of the best there is at what she does.

Approved. 

Edited by fishers64

"Yes, she's down in villain storage right now, talking with one of the criminals, it looks like. Amenesis.

OOC: *Sigh*

One day, I hope, someone will be able to get his name right.

Probably. Maybe. 

IC Kathrine:

One leg on, several automatic systems sliding into place and interfacing wuith my own. I flexed it experimentally, pulsing the thrusters in turn.

Problem with this.

In this post, a medical team picks up Rocka, who just had his leg almost severed. In this post, 10 pages and a boss battle later, Rocka's still in the medbay. I feel that if a full medical team couldn't finish repairing an Alpha Team hero after an hour or so, Kat shouldn't be able to fix herself in 15 minutes with a screwdriver.

~Unit#phntk#1

OOC: Rocka's leg was cut open and burned up by Aza, though, and that wasn't an Assembly Tower order. I figured that they would try to put that leg back together, which would take longer than ordering two replacements. Even if they did they probably would have to amputate a half melted thigh to do it. Not completely comparable. 

I think Rocka also had some arm damage too from that fight. I'm pretty sure Katherine's okay. 

OOC:

Fishers, would it be safe to assume that Villain Storage is on it's own power system, located within Villain Storage?

OOC: It would be on its own power system, but that power system would not be located in Villain Storage itself. That's like buying an expensive safe, putting valuable stuff in it, and leaving the key in the lock of said safe when you leave. 

"Yes, she's down in villain storage right now, talking with one of the criminals, it looks like. Amenesis.

Probably. Maybe. 

OOC: Yeah, I figured the Mission Control guy would say it totally wrong, so I misspelled for added realism. 

OOC: Also, quick shout-out to Toa Onaku, who made the banner for Mission #3 without my even asking: 

T0deOvOl.png

OOC: And I need to get up a ship list and update the first post again. Tommorrow, maybe. 

GM NPC ZIB

"Teleportation!" Zib shouted back at Buckley. 

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

As if on cue, a bunch of Destroyers appeared in an elevator behind Buckley, headed up to Mission Control.

The first round of Destroyers and brains was just a test run to see what the Heroes were capable of. Soon, Hero Factory would be defeated and destroyed. The two clinked glasses to that.

• Upvote 1

Approved. 

OOC: At the behest of Zippy and Onaku, I have been asked to raise some of the concerns we share about this particular character.

First of all, we'd like to address Wraith's Biometric Holographic Scanning ability. There have been a number of different disguise/shapeshifting/hologram/camouflage type abilities approved for this game in the past, but all of them have had some kind of limitation or workaround. Wraith's ability, on the other hand, seems to be completely infallible. In addition, it also somehow allows her to instantly, effortlessly access every medical and psych profile database in the galaxy? Not entirely sure how that even works. 

But the main issue we all agree on is Wraith's weapons, all three of which seem able to instakill pretty much any character. She's got a sword that can cut through basically anything by disintegrating it at a molecular level, a gun that can punch straight through any armour regardless of how tough it is with total ease and then fill the resulting wound with carnviorous nanobots, and a near-silent sniper rifle that covers the victim with a sticky, volatile explosive. A single hit from any one of these weapons to the head or chest is almost guaranteed to be lethal, especially with the disguise ability thrown into the mix. 

One of us probably would've said something sooner, but in all honesty we didn't expect you to actually approve it in the first place. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

Ic Striker:

"Well, it seems you get to ride with the quiet one this time."

He pulled out his cuffs.

"Standard procedure, if you could turn around?"

OOC:

Amayika's already wearing cuffs.

catch_n_cuff.png

I mean, I have no issues at all if Striker just wants to pile Hero cuff after Hero cuff on him, but just in case this was an error, I'll give Scorp a chance to edit the post.

Oh, and in addition to Nato's post: Yeah, to be honest, we've had characters rejected that had a lot less instakill power to them. Wraith has a cool backstory, but she's got three weapons that could conceivably instakill another character easily. Added to that, she's got an ability that would render it almost impossible for a character to stop her or dodge her attacks in a lot of situations, and there aren't any weaknesses listed to counterbalance these things at all. I, Nato and Onaku are happy Wraith as a character got approved, but we're all a bit unsure about her weapons and abilities.

Again, she's a really cool character. If there's a good reason for her weapons not being overpowered (and there might be, that's fair) then that's fine. It's just that the potential for instakilling is pretty high. Not saying she'd be played to be instakilling, of course- Timeageness, from what I know, plays very reasonably- but the potential's there.

• Upvote 3

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Amayika's got so much bling. :P

• Upvote 2

OOC: Amayika's got so much bling.  :P

OOC: They're pretty trendy, yeah. They're called Trendy Double Wristbands, after all.

• Upvote 2

OOC: Brain Master teleports his brains and his loyal steed around, along with big ol' turbines, but his profile mentions only the teleporting of himself and his steed. It might be his ship that does the teleporting.

So, theoretically, he could probably teleport others around. We're not sure how, though, or if that extends to beings who aren't brains.

IC: Shade - Conference Hall Ruins

Shade almost felt like pointing out that the ship, if it crashed, wouldn't have a noticeable pilot, but decided that maybe learning how to fly would be best done instead of his usual "Civie Bowling" night once this war was over. To Stormer, Shade said, "Understood." He then proceeded to pull up Silke's private line, "Come get me." Silke replied with a short, "Launching now." Shade then addressed Stormer again, "I'm rather in sore want for another recharge. You and Epix go on ahead in the two ships available. I'll wait for my own to arrive."

IC: The Scalpel

Silke took the ship out of the bay, up through the atmosphere, and began heading full speed for Shade's location whilst avoiding the other ships and fighters assaulting Hero Factory.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

Probably. Maybe. 

OOC: Hey, I spelled it correctly the two or three posts I mentioned it. :)

IC: Echo - Villain Containment

Echo sighed. "If you remember, you hadn't actually entered the hangar yet when I activated them. I also knew absolutely nothing about your capabilities before that point (you do a very good job covering your tracks) or if you'd even show up. As soon as I knew you were outside and were able to kill the civilians within seconds of making contact, I turned on the turrets. Prevention, not elimination. As for the bomb,"  Echo stood abruptly and spoke to Kathrine, "Ms. Scarlett, would you keep an eye on him for a few minutes? It's likely a lie but we can't take that risk, especially right now." Walking to the door, he turned and gave the villain in the cell one last look. "If you could learn to use all these creative ideas like 'bombs in the reactor', true or not, against villains instead of us, I think you'd make a fine Hero; we could use someone like you. Think about that." And with that he was out the door.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Hero Factory Hangar 07-A

"Come on, Zib! I need two seconds of downtime on one hangar! We can't hold the front without heavier firepower!"

Bliss' attack actually exploded two of the Destroyers, damaging three more and completely destroying a bunch of call center desks. The others focused on bringing down the side walls, which left them completely vulnerable to Lilith's and Buckley's shots, and then Jane's shockwave destroyed them all. 

OOC: Ah, that must be a typo then. I'm betting this is supposed to be "Dane" instead of "Jane". Whew, thought there was a character named Jane somewhere I'd missed.  :P

Night Stalker's radar is not hindered by the cloud, and thus he sees Wolfe drawing an arrow and drops to the ground as the arrows sails over him.  He fires tow gas bombs at the heroes with multiple purposes.  They probably knew what the gas could do from the cops, so there was little chance of them remaining in the cloud that billowed up around them.  However, even if they escaped it quickly, the buildings behind them would not.  It'd take a few minutes, but those buildings would come down, hopefully right on top of the heroes.  He grabbed another shelving unit and placed it just behind the cloud at the window for cover and began firing energy blasts, aiming to try and keep them pinned down in front of the buildings which were even now being weakened by the gas.

OOC: If it's going to crumble the buildings around them, doesn't that by nature include the one that Night Stalker is currently hiding in? Especially since there was a gas bomb thrown directly in front of that building to provide cover just a few posts ago? Which is fine, by the way. I'll roll with it.

Oh, and how did he see Wolfe pulling back the bow? His profile says Night Stalker can only see incoming objects (so that would be the arrow when it's firing) and has poor reflexes, doesn't it? I'm not so fussed about it this time because again, I can roll with it (maybe he got lucky this time or something, which is fine), but just for future reference, keep track of what your characters can and can't do. Don't lose any sleep over it, though! I've almost done the same thing a few times already.

IC: Dorothy Quark and Daren Wolfe - With Night Stalker

Quark threw aside the now-ruined shelves and rolled for cover, Wolfe doing the same. Wolfe nocked another arrow, but paused at a tiny, almost imperceptible sound. "Uh, Dot?"

"Yeah?" Quark grunted, firing from her new vantage point behind a wrecked car.

"That corrosive gas... well, we're out of the thick of it, but what about the buildings?"

The front window frame of the building the villain was hiding in groaned as the metal began to give. She cursed as she saw other buildings begin to be affected by the corrosive gas. "Fall back! We'll fish him out of the fallen building! Keep eyes on the place, though!"

Wolfe moved into an alley, bow pointed and ready to go. Quark almost followed, groaned, and then turned to the building from a safe distance away. "Get out of there! It's going to come down, you fool!"

Then, she took shelter, though she was still close to the building.

OOC: Yes it does.  I was going to have it come down in a post or two but now works as well.

Night Stalker's profile says that his radar warns him of approaching objects.  What I meant by that is that when something is incoming and he's not paying attention to his radar it will let him know in his HUD.  It doesn't say anything about the radar being limited to just approaching objects.  I can see how you would be confused though.  I'll clarify that in my profile later.

Night Stalker looked up at the collapsing ceiling, an expression of terror on his face.  This was purely for the heroes' benefit, to make them think he was some average villain who didn't know what his own weapons could do.  As the front of the building caved down he jumped backwards, running to the back and less damaged part of the shop.

After a few more steps he could tell he would not be crushed, so he turned briefly and fired two gas bombs into the rubble behind him.  This would keep the heroes from searching for him right away and possibly make them think that his gun had been crushed and the gas had leaked out.  That much gas in such a little space would eat through even his entire body in minutes, and once the heroes searched and found nothing they would assume he was dead.  Night Stalker quickly exited the back of the shop into an alley and activated his chameleon armor, running towards the spaceport to meet up with Traeferous.

Bliss' attack actually exploded two of the Destroyers, damaging three more and completely destroying a bunch of call center desks. The others focused on bringing down the side walls, which left them completely vulnerable to Lilith's and Buckley's shots, and then Jane's shockwave destroyed them all. 

OOC: Ah, that must be a typo then. I'm betting this is supposed to be "Dane" instead of "Jane". Whew, thought there was a character named Jane somewhere I'd missed.  :P

ah, no wonder i didn't spot his name.

IC: Marrow

The lights... the tubes... the nauseating smell of antiseptic... Lidless eyes roll forwards in their sockets and a harsh rasp grates through the air as the creature jerks awake. The dream again... always the dream... always haunting... Unnaturally long arms reach out from a twisted misshapen body, jagged blades where hands should have been, and hook sharply around a hanging pipe. The creature lifts itself from the filthy shallow pool of stagnant water it has been resting in and stands. Coarse feathers drip with slime, oil, and blood, dark and foul all three. Patches of metal glint dully in the darkness as the torn muscle surrounding them stretches. A sickly gash in the creatures side shows exposed wires and severed veins, but the creature doesn't seem to care as it begins to walk forwards. A clawed foot steps over the mangled corpse of an unlucky maintenance worker who has been rather violently dismantled; what look at first like wounds from a meteor-launcher weapon are disturbingly similar to bite marks. Completely ignoring the injury in its side, the creature the foot belongs to surveys a ladder with disgust before simply stretching its arms and leaping. It goes much, much higher than should be possible for something of its size and catches the top rung with a sharp snapping sound that cuts the air like a rusted knife. Carefully, it pushes open the grate above it.

Far on the outskirts of Mekron City, still shrouded in night, a sewer covering slides back slowly and a terrifying birdlike visage peers out. The creature needs to feed... desperately. But... there is... a new smell to the air tonight. Marrow takes a long, deep whiff of the air and smells something it has not smelt for a very long time. Its favorite food:

Quaza.

• Upvote 1

OOC: That's twice I forgot Saracen Rune's post aaauuuggghhh

IC: Mara Quiver - Tunnel

Quiver decided to take her chances edging closer to the group, since standing alone was kind of awkward and a little nerve-wracking. Her communicator buzzed, and she answered the call.

"H-Hello? Th-This is K-Kuh-Quiver. My teammate Thumper is a-about to engage another v-villain. H-He's g-guh-glowing with radioactive e-energy."

He said nothing, simply rolled his eyes and sat back down against the back wall.

IC: Saracen Rune - Antropolis.

"Do you guys need backup?" 

OOC: Fishers, why would Lie even think to have Captor scanned for a quaza core? He doesn't remotely look like a hero. He's a dog, for goodness sake.

OOC: A robotic dog that can talk and has somehow managed to thwart ship's security and get on board. Given this Makuro's propensity for strange inventions, it wouldn't be too out of line.

We're also dealing with an old doc who is also a bit wary of robotic life he doesn't know, seeing as a bunch of them killed his people (that's another strange trend this RPG has adopted for some reason).

If I see another villain character who either a) is organic and witnessed everyone they love die or b) is a failed Makuro experiment, I am going to punch something.

• Upvote 3

Approved. 

OOC: At the behest of Zippy and Onaku, I have been asked to raise some of the concerns we share about this particular character.

First of all, we'd like to address Wraith's Biometric Holographic Scanning ability. There have been a number of different disguise/shapeshifting/hologram/camouflage type abilities approved for this game in the past, but all of them have had some kind of limitation or workaround. Wraith's ability, on the other hand, seems to be completely infallible. In addition, it also somehow allows her to instantly, effortlessly access every medical and psych profile database in the galaxy? Not entirely sure how that even works. 

But the main issue we all agree on is Wraith's weapons, all three of which seem able to instakill pretty much any character. She's got a sword that can cut through basically anything by disintegrating it at a molecular level, a gun that can punch straight through any armour regardless of how tough it is with total ease and then fill the resulting wound with carnviorous nanobots, and a near-silent sniper rifle that covers the victim with a sticky, volatile explosive. A single hit from any one of these weapons to the head or chest is almost guaranteed to be lethal, especially with the disguise ability thrown into the mix. 

One of us probably would've said something sooner, but in all honesty we didn't expect you to actually approve it in the first place. 

Oh, and in addition to Nato's post: Yeah, to be honest, we've had characters rejected that had a lot less instakill power to them. Wraith has a cool backstory, but she's got three weapons that could conceivably instakill another character easily. Added to that, she's got an ability that would render it almost impossible for a character to stop her or dodge her attacks in a lot of situations, and there aren't any weaknesses listed to counterbalance these things at all. I, Nato and Onaku are happy Wraith as a character got approved, but we're all a bit unsure about her weapons and abilities.

Again, she's a really cool character. If there's a good reason for her weapons not being overpowered (and there might be, that's fair) then that's fine. It's just that the potential for instakilling is pretty high. Not saying she'd be played to be instakilling, of course- Timeageness, from what I know, plays very reasonably- but the potential's there.

OOC: She's an assassin; if she couldn't easily kill people, then what would be the point of her existing in the first place? :P

All jokes aside, it seems that this is now the part where I have to defend myself, as I had a feeling this was coming. So without further ado, let's dive right into it, shall we?

First of all, her Biometric Holigraphic Scanning ability is really nowhere near as OP as you think it is. The disguise isn't as instantaneous as something along the lines of shapeshifting (she does have to scan somebody for it to work, after all), and even then, it still takes a few seconds for it to activate, meaning that she'd have to enter a relatively secluded area before using it, as it would draw too much attention to herself otherwise. With that in mind, it becomes less effective when the tables have turned on her, as she would have to stay out of her pursuer's line of sight for an even longer period of time than your average shifter. And for your information, Nato, the scan itself is what provides her with the medical history and psychological profile of the target, not an exterior database. Contrary to popular belief, wounds don't heal 100% completely, and the same should be true for repairs performed on robots, which would leave behind trace amounts of evidence indicating what procedures they have undergone during their lifespan.

Another weakness I'd like to point out, even though I personally didn't see it addressed in either of the above posts, is that her disguises do not act as additional armor, leaving her with only her standard exterior coating to protect her from attacks. Sure, they can withstand someone bumping into her or otherwise making physical contact, but they're not going to be stopping something more along the lines of knives, bullets, or extreme blunt force trauma/powers. Combined with the fact that she was built for infiltration and not extreme amounts of open combat, she is, in essence, more akin to a stealthy glass cannon instead of a heavily-armored Tank.

For her weapons, I shall be addressing their concerns in the order I listed them.

Cold-Fire Katana - While the sword has the ability to begin to disintegrate objects at a molecular level, that doesn't necessarily mean that it instantaneously does so; it's not a lightsaber by any means. It still has a solid blade at its core (which, I should add, only affects the immediate area of whatever it directly comes into contact with), so it could be blocked easily by another sword or a shield for that matter (though the power would start to eat its way through them if contact was maintained for an extended period of time), and since it's still a melee weapon, its effect cannot be used from a distance, and it can still be easily dodged if an opposing character sees it coming.

Suppressed Nano-Cannons - Functions similarly to armor-piercing rounds, which would be equally as deadly if impacting the head or chest, but are apparently still within the realm of fair play. The nanobots were added in so that they could do more damage over time in the event that they hit a non-vital area, and because the idea of a bullet that eventually disposed of your target's body for you sounded like a cool idea. Additionally, while they do contain the nanobots, the rounds aren't entirely comprised of them, meaning that only a small amount of them would be entering the victim's body, so there would still be time to have them neutralised if they sought medical attention shortly after being exposed to their effects. As with the sword, dodging these don't really pose too much of an issue.

Explosive Gel Sniper Rifle - Usually around 90% of the time whenever a sniper rifle is involved in a TBRPG, either the intended target or one of their bodyguards just so happen to be unrealistically gazing in the exact direction of the shooter's position, allowing them to spot the sunlight glinting off of their scope and to realise what's going on before the shot is even fired in the first place, so I don't really feel the need to justify this at all, as there's already a high probability that it will effectively counter itself anyway simply by entering its own territory. The gel bit, while cool, was partially an insurance policy put into place in order to ensure the possibility that someone somewhere would at least be taking some amount of damage from an otherwise way too easily countered form of attack.

As for Zippy's statement about not making these points clearer within the profile itself, I completely agree with that, and would like to assure you all that not doing so was merely an oversight on my part. I usually write out a hard copy of my profiles before posting, and I instead elected to type this one on the fly (which means I was logged off of the site at least once during the process, so I wanted to finish it quickly before it could happen again), and I am more than willing to edit them in and repost the whole thing if Fishers deems it necessary for me to do so.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

If I see another villain character who either a) is organic and witnessed everyone they love die or b) is a failed Makuro experiment, I am going to punch something.

OOC: Whoops... I'll just go and quietly delete all of those spare profiles I had stored away... 

Wraith profile held due to being under dispute. I'll make an analysis when I get back on my computer...

OOC: Could Brain Master teleport others?

No, his ship is what has the power to teleport objects or his legion. He might be able to graft that power in if he wanted, but it's not very practical for either of them due to the mental calculations involved, which would be a huge distraction. Ship's brains are better for that.

"Of course I did," he replied coldly. He was bluffing of course, but there was no way for these heroes to be certain of that. "I had to come up with some way to ensure I'd be let out, if someone did succeed in capturing me. So unless you want this little factory of yours being vaporised, I'd suggest you open the door."