fishers64

OOC: At the behest of Zippy and Onaku, I have been asked to raise some of the concerns we share about this particular character.

First of all, we'd like to address Wraith's Biometric Holographic Scanning ability. There have been a number of different disguise/shapeshifting/hologram/camouflage type abilities approved for this game in the past, but all of them have had some kind of limitation or workaround. Wraith's ability, on the other hand, seems to be completely infallible. In addition, it also somehow allows her to instantly, effortlessly access every medical and psych profile database in the galaxy? Not entirely sure how that even works.

If you'll recall, not too long ago was a character named Ghid Squidulus who had a light cloaking power similar to Wraiths' that I approved. She combines it with a scanning power instead of the other abilities Ghid Squid had, so in my mind it was fine.

To be clear, I expected the power, as stated, to manifest itself as a sophisticated hologram cloak. That means the character cannot grow or shrink, and if she is ran into, the size difference between the cloak and the actual being would show. I quote: 

She can then cloak herself inside a light-based projection of them, provided that they are of a similar size and build, which not only looks and feels like the original

This defeats computer scanners, but a Hero wouldn't have too much trouble piercing it if they were determined. 

But the main issue we all agree on is Wraith's weapons, all three of which seem able to instakill pretty much any character. She's got a sword that can cut through basically anything by disintegrating it at a molecular level, a gun that can punch straight through any armour regardless of how tough it is with total ease and then fill the resulting wound with carnviorous nanobots, and a near-silent sniper rifle that covers the victim with a sticky, volatile explosive. A single hit from any one of these weapons to the head or chest is almost guaranteed to be lethal, especially with the disguise ability thrown into the mix. 

I'll admit that this case is really borderline. On one hand, Shade has nearly the same weapon as that Katana, and two of them, too. You can argue the power limitation - but Shade has a cloaking device and disguise ability miles beyond what this character has. 

The explosive gel has a solution - wash it off with water. If I had a Hero that controlled water, it would all be over. If this villain encountered Vex and Striker near that lake - and I just took pains IC to establish that Hero Factory is on a lake too - yeah. Flood would likely absorb energy from that stuff and be totally fine. :P Traferous would shed it like skin. 

The OP weapon is probably those nano-cannons, which "pierce the toughest armor." That superlative is bugging me. While I'm pretty sure the HF medbay would easily be able to shut those nanobots down, I think this character is power creep, especially with the three weapons taken together. 

Wraith not approved. You need to remove at least one of these weapons, and remove the armor piercing superlative. That is my judgement. 

OOC: Fishers, why would Lie even think to have Captor scanned for a quaza core? He doesn't remotely look like a hero. He's a dog, for goodness sake.

OOC: A robotic dog that can talk and has somehow managed to thwart ship's security and get on board. Given this Makuro's propensity for strange inventions, it wouldn't be too out of line.

We're also dealing with an old doc who is also a bit wary of robotic life he doesn't know, seeing as a bunch of them killed his people (that's another strange trend this RPG has adopted for some reason).

If I see another villain character who either a) is organic and witnessed everyone they love die or b) is a failed Makuro experiment, I am going to punch something.

OOC: I just feel a bit iffy about it, especially since that specific detail is like the one thing that's going to screw Captor over. Captor could just as well be, if not more likely, a villain, and still meet all those criteria. So idk, maybe it's just me wanting to prevent Captor's cover from being blown, but I feel like Dr. Lie is jumping the gun with the quaza core scan... I mean, there aren't any other robots in the galaxy than Heroes that have quaza cores, are there?

OOC: Yes, there are - if they are "Makuro's failed experiment" villains like Breaker. Anyway, I've already had dear Fravi play Captor's advocate - perhaps that should continue? 

GM IC FRAVI

"Really, Doctor?" Fravi said with a chuckle. "I'm supposed to run a quaza core scan because you're afraid of a talking dog?"

GM IC DR. LIE

"A talking dog with a cloaking device that somehow managed to board this ship," Dr. Lie said. "He's a threat."

GM IC FRAVI

Fravi laughed. "Really, you're getting more paranoid every day. Send him up here to the bridge. I want to see him."  

IC: Mara Quiver - I Assume Thumper's Doing Some Kind Of Cool Slow Motion Walk Over

OOC: masterchirox, you have 24 hours to respond to Thumper's recent attack. You also need to consider getting Kavok Quake back to the spaceport and out of there. 

If you don't respond, I will write an IC to get your character out of there. You may not like it.

IC: Cobra Shard - The Battle for Hero Factory

Shard aimed his signature roundhouse kick at the nearest Destroyer. "Eat this!"

IC: Alex Drift - The Battle for Hero Factory

Drift rolled forward and took cover behind the partially finished ice wall, which was rapidly melting from the lava. "We're not gonna last much longer! What do we do?!" he yelled as he threw another impact grenade into the swarm.

Post nulled; there are no Destroyers near Shards' or Drift's positions. They are not in that area. 

GM IC DESTOYERS - 6 (IN RESPONSE TO BLISS' ATTACK; NEAR BUCKLEY, SHARD)

Bliss' attack actually exploded two of the Destroyers, damaging three more and completely destroying a bunch of call center desks. The others focused on bringing down the side walls, which left them completely vulnerable to Lilith's and Buckley's shots, and then Dane's shockwave destroyed them all.

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

As if on cue, a bunch of Destroyers appeared in an elevator behind Buckley, headed up to Mission Control.

The first round of Destroyers and brains was just a test run to see what the Heroes were capable of. Soon, Hero Factory would be defeated and destroyed. The two clinked glasses to that.

OOC: There are some in the elevator if Shard/Drift can get there in time...

...I don't know why there are all these posts assuming huge swarms of Destroyers. There are not, given that Brain Master has to teleport them in one pod at a time. It would pay to do this strategically to lower the shield, rather than mindlessly throw in an army using excess teleportation energy. 

If similar weapons have been approved in the past, I'll concede the point about the scary sword. However, I might be overthinking or misunderstanding things, and I admit I haven't kept up with everything Timageness and Zippy have been saying and what other changes they might have agreed on, but some aspects of the original profile still concern me.

The explosive gel has a solution - wash it off with water. 

While that seems reasonable enough, most heroes don't carry water around with them, and the gel is...

...designed to detonate after a few seconds of being exposed to the atmosphere

I'm not sure if that's really enough time for anyone to figure out a way to get the stuff of them before they get a giant chunk blown out of their body. Especially since immediately assuming "Aha! I must use water!" would be kind of metagamey. 

To be clear, I expected the power, as stated, to manifest itself as a sophisticated hologram cloak. That means the character cannot grow or shrink, and if she is ran into, the size difference between the cloak and the actual being would show.

Except the wording of the part of the profile would seem to suggest (and the conversations between Zippy and Timageness confirms this) that the hologram is actually hardlight based, meaning it's solid. A cursory glance or touch wouldn't give away anything, since the profile specifies that the disguise also feels like the real thing.  

a light-based projection of them, provided that they are of a similar size and build, which not only looks and feels like the original

In regards to your example, Ghid-Squid's hologram ability could be foiled pretty easily by any form of scan, since it was just a simple hologram. The same could be said of Anamnesis or Traferous' styles of shapeshifting. However, Wraith's profile says that her disguise allows her...

...to bypass cameras and scanners with both the utmost impunity and the ability to retain any and all weapons that she has in her possession.

In other words, it seems to be completely infallible. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Crowley - Traferous' Ship.

He shuffled forwards, giving the dog thing a cautious sniff before shuffling away from it once more. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC ZIB

"I'll send a couple of civilians to check, but I'm pretty sure he's bluffing to try to get out of jail," Zib told Echo. "He's not good enough to actually design a bomb. There's nothing in his background that suggests that."

"Further, why are you two chatting with villains? We've got a war going on."

GM IC BRAIN MASTER (TALKING TO BREAKER)

"Totally," said the Brain Master. 

A second later, Breaker would find himself inside the hangar he had been hovering outside of, inside his stolen craft...and within the range of the Gunship's sights. Dangerous, but the best place the twin villain could think of.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Gunship 479er

Being who he was, Gorn wasn't happy that he was being deprived of the chance to fight something by the factory's defense shields. Deciding to take matters into his own hands, Gorn contacted Zib, trying to be as polite as he could muster.

"Hey, Zib. This is Wilhelm Gorn. You need to lower the shields. They only need to be down for a second, I've got a pilot here who plans on helping me infiltrate that HUGE ship that's above the factory. And blow it up, hopefully. Gotta think positive, ya know? If you don't, those stupid flaming ants will probably end up doing it for you."

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

...designed to detonate after a few seconds of being exposed to the atmosphere

I'm not sure if that's really enough time for anyone to figure out a way to get the stuff of them before they get a giant chunk blown out of their body. Especially since immediately assuming "Aha! I must use water!" would be kind of metagamey.

Eh, I'd feel more comfortable if there was a longer time involved, but borderline case.

In regards to your example, Ghid-Squid's hologram ability could be foiled pretty easily by any form of scan, since it was just a simple hologram. The same could be said of Anamnesis or Traferous' styles of shapeshifting.

Traferous' shifting foils most scans. I did mention that a sophisticated scan would uncover the man's mental energy loop and expose him, but most heroes don't have access to that tech in the field.

Still, if she is more powerful than Traferous, I can't have her in the RPG. Her power is limited in size, unlike Traferous, and she is still killable in spite of it. Also, it is not entirely infallible, because her lack of the target's powers or memories could expose her, in addition to the fact that the real person could be found, leaving the obvious doubling reveal (which would appear to Zib in Mission Control - suddenly there's two Bulks). Unlike Traferous who goes for OP generic.

It also depends on the character's orginal size. If she is bigger than civilian size like most villains, she is very limited in disguise choices.

GM NPC ZIB

"Bliss, Gorn, I'm going to lower the shield for 10 seconds. Get your ships out of there. Your time starts now. Go!" 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: IC suggestion for Fravi: Pat the dog.

I'm not too fussed about waiting for a reply for Quake, but it is getting kind of hard to sustain a convo with Rune with it. And, additionally, if it's all right by Nato, I'm gonna leave replying to Rune for another 24 hours to allow time for masterchirox to reply.

Finally, had a question about Marrow: sorry, I'm pretty bad with judging distances sometimes- especially with them make believe American units of measurements- but I'm not entirely sure there are any Heroes within a 1.6 kilometre/1 mile radius. Saracen Rune was at the exploded building, where Marrow smelled the Heroes, but he left some time ago in a ship. I can't remember if Quark and Wolfe responded to the explosion, but if they did, it wasn't close enough for them to see it. Same goes for Thumper and Quiver. I'm very bad at judging distances and we haven't really been exact anyway, so I'm not sure exactly how close you'd have to be to hear a bomb exploding and a building collapsing in the distance. If needed, I can backtrack and find out the IC reactions to the explosion as a kind of guide.

~

IC: Ken Render - He's Helping I Guess

Render rolled the wire to the other side of his mouth as the last of the things fell. "Whoo-ee. That was a close one."

He glanced over to a pair of Heroes horsing around. One was easily recognisable- Like a Hero made three sizes too big, Render thought with a smile- and Render had seen him around a few times hanging out with Quiver. Forticus, he remembered. The other Hero, he had no idea about. He walked over to them.

"Might wanna quit that goof-off you're doin'," Render said, holstering his weapon. "Save it for another time, maybe. Got a lotta bigger problems around here."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Saracen Rune was at the exploded building, where Marrow smelled the Heroes, but he left some time ago in a ship. 

OOC: It wasn't a ship. He can fly himself. But your point still stands that there wouldn't be a scent trail for Marrow to follow. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Saracen Rune was at the exploded building, where Marrow smelled the Heroes, but he left some time ago in a ship. 

OOC: It wasn't a ship. He can fly himself. But your point still stands that there wouldn't be a scent trail for Marrow to follow. 

OOC: Oops. Sorry. To add, though: Would there be a scent trail to follow at all? Quaza isn't like sweat or stuff like that; it wouldn't leave a residue. I thought Marrow would be smelling the Quaza itself instead of being able to pick up a scent trail.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Shard aimed his signature roundhouse kick at the nearest Destroyer. "Eat this!"

Drift rolled forward and took cover behind the partially finished ice wall, which was rapidly melting from the lava. "We're not gonna last much longer! What do we do?!" he yelled as he threw another impact grenade into the swarm.

Post nulled; there are no Destroyers near Shards' or Drift's positions. They are not in that area. 

GM IC DESTOYERS - 6 (IN RESPONSE TO BLISS' ATTACK; NEAR BUCKLEY, SHARD)

Bliss' attack actually exploded two of the Destroyers, damaging three more and completely destroying a bunch of call center desks. The others focused on bringing down the side walls, which left them completely vulnerable to Lilith's and Buckley's shots, and then Dane's shockwave destroyed them all.

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

As if on cue, a bunch of Destroyers appeared in an elevator behind Buckley, headed up to Mission Control.

The first round of Destroyers and brains was just a test run to see what the Heroes were capable of. Soon, Hero Factory would be defeated and destroyed. The two clinked glasses to that.

OOC: There are some in the elevator if Shard/Drift can get there in time...

...I don't know why there are all these posts assuming huge swarms of Destroyers. There are not, given that Brain Master has to teleport them in one pod at a time. It would pay to do this strategically to lower the shield, rather than mindlessly throw in an army using excess teleportation energy. 

OOC: Ah, right. Missed that somehow. I also somehow read the first Destroyers post as a whole horde of the things smashing through the front of the building? Hmm... clearly my paying attention skillz need some work.  :confused:

IC: Echo - Hero Factory

Echo shrugged even though Zib couldn't see it. "I'm not designed for combat and Ms. Scarlett is still pulling herself together. I've been trying to talk the killer around to our side, but I don't think I'm getting through." He saw the door to the reactor up ahead. The civilian search party was already beginning to assemble.

With all the Destroyers in the lobby... well... destroyed, Drift slumped against a wall and asked Mission Control, "Hey guys, any more bugs to smash? Or should I go grab a ship?" 

Shard checked his Quaza charge. Not too bad.

Then he checked his coolant levels.

Bad.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Outside Hero Factory (Cor Solis)

"Thanks, Zib!" he said, powering out of the hangar. Now to go take out the swarm couple lava insects terrorizing the Heroes in the lobby.

IC: Marrow - Mekron City

Marrow started at the ruined building, staying just within the shadows to avoid unwanted attention. The trail was faint, but definitely there. The creature scaled a wall and began following the sweet, sweet scent of Quaza along the rooftops.

OOC: Oops. Sorry. To add, though: Would there be a scent trail to follow at all? Quaza isn't like sweat or stuff like that; it wouldn't leave a residue. I thought Marrow would be smelling the Quaza itself instead of being able to pick up a scent trail.

OOC: Heroes somehow consume Quaza energy to power themselves, yes? That leaves a residue, however faint or undetectable to normal means of scanning, that Marrow can pick up on. Its smell power is basically the equivalent of being able to smell electricity or electricity-expenditure from a battery (like a Quaza core) the same way a dog can smell where different things have been. Only instead of electricity, it's Quaza.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Kathrine:

"Had to patch myself up, Zib, figured I'd at least get a chance to talk to the guy. I'm on my way up to get final repairs and I'll be ready to go!"

IC Striker:

3 2 1 blast off!

IC Jade:

"Personally would rather have a full company, but if you wanna try it yourself don't let me stop you...." she mumbled, punching the throttle, blowing right past the other dropship and into the open air.

"Close it now!"

Its smell power is basically the equivalent of being able to smell electricity or electricity-expenditure from a battery (like a Quaza core) the same way a dog can smell where different things have been. Only instead of electricity, it's Quaza.

OOC: As someone who has lived around dogs his whole life, I assure you that they cannot track the scent of something that has become airborne, and then very quickly flown a considerable distance away. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Call Centre.

He picked himself up off the floor, dusting off his scorched armour. The lava hadn't burned through to any of his internal circuitry, thankfully, but he wasn't sure he'd be so lucky a second time around. "Any idea how those things got in here?" He asked into the comms, hoping Zib or some other mission controller was still on the air. 

Its smell power is basically the equivalent of being able to smell electricity or electricity-expenditure from a battery (like a Quaza core) the same way a dog can smell where different things have been. Only instead of electricity, it's Quaza.

OOC: As someone who has lived around dogs his whole life, I assure you that they cannot track the scent of something that has become airborne, and then very quickly flown a considerable distance away. 

OOC: But they would be able to smell the starting point where the object first took off. Marrow is just going to where Rune last was rather than somehow mysteriously following him all over Mekron City. That would be a bit silly.  :P This whole thing is basically an excuse to get Marrow to wander around blindly, run into either Night Stalker or Quake heading back to the spaceport, and then follow them onto their ship. It wouldn't know which ship in the port to stow away on otherwise.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Heroes somehow consume Quaza energy to power themselves, yes? That leaves a residue, however faint or undetectable to normal means of scanning, that Marrow can pick up on. Its smell power is basically the equivalent of being able to smell electricity or electricity-expenditure from a battery (like a Quaza core) the same way a dog can smell where different things have been. Only instead of electricity, it's Quaza.

OOC: Heroes have a Quaza crystal that's part of their Hero core. They charge it with regular ol' electricity. The Quaza Chamber in the show just seems to be a very quick method of doing so which can only be done with Quaza cores. I guess. The books and the canon used in the RPG suggest they can be charged at civilian chargey places, and I can't imagine what the heck the Quaza chamber would be for otherwise in this case, if not to get Heroes charged and ready incredibly quickly. There's also an initial charge done on rookies in a separate place, to initialise their cores or something. Honestly, some parts of the Hero Factory story are like a jigsaw puzzle in which the picture is blank and you kinda have to push random pieces together until you find some that fit.

As for the second part... Well, I'm less concrete on that part. They'd still be smelling electricity because of the aforementioned point, and as I said before, Quaza itself wouldn't really leave a detectable residue. Also, dogs smell particles in the air, and I don't know if the dog-Marrow analogy is compatible here. But look, you've said it's just to have them wandering about so they can tag along. I was just wondering who Marrow was going after, and now we know they're kinda just milling about where Rune was, very confused about this magic disappearing Hero.

While the trail thing is still a bit iffy, I'm honestly willing to let it go for this situation. As you said, it's so you have an IC reason to get on the ship without metagaming.

It wouldn't know which ship in the port to stow away on otherwise.

OOC: Wasn't he smelling Traferous' anti-quaza before? That'd be a lot closer to Marrow and the exploded building than any of the heroes.

It wouldn't know which ship in the port to stow away on otherwise.

OOC: Wasn't he smelling Traferous' anti-quaza before? That'd be a lot closer to Marrow and the exploded building than any of the heroes.

OOC: Ah, yeah, good point. And, it'd be a physical crystal they're smelling rather than a trail. That's an option if you don't want to keep the trail thing and just get their butt straight on the ship, I suppose- Traferous took that on the ship.

OOC: Alright, thanks Fishers.

IC: Captor

Although he showed no change on the surface, the sudden tension he'd gotten was now relieved. This Dr. Lie's apparent paranoia of robots almost got him revealed...

IC: Titanos Forticus

"This guy just suddenly grappled onto me, called me an oaf, and then refused to get off when I repeatedly told him to." Titanos said, his voice carrying a hint of exasperation and weariness.

IC: Nimius Ardor

Nimius chewed a dry straw he'd found caught in a small gap in his leg armour as he sat at the top of the communication tower, watching the skies for a ship arriving.

IC: Jimmy Abacus

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

OOC: Considering that I've already built her, spent a few hours designing her weaponry alone, and don't really feel like ripping her apart in order to meet those requirements, I'm not going to lose any sleep over letting her stay unapproved. I'll just start from scratch again and let you know when I eventually have another character concept to pitch.

Like I said, no big deal. Some things just aren't meant to be.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker approached the spaceport, grateful for the cover of night.  That plus the chameleon armor made him almost completely invisible, and any vision based sensors would not see him.  Sneaking through the streets had been a piece of cake.  This would be more difficult, not by much though.

OOC:

What is the spaceport like?  Does it have a wall around it, are there many small entrances or just a few big ones, how many guards are there at each entrance etc.

Also, would Night Stalker know what ship he's looking for?  I don't remember Traeferrous telling him what it looked like but would he recognize it?

IC: Mara Quiver - I Assume Thumper's Doing Some Kind Of Cool Slow Motion Walk Over

OOC: masterchirox, you have 24 hours to respond to Thumper's recent attack. You also need to consider getting Kavok Quake back to the spaceport and out of there. 

If you don't respond, I will write an IC to get your character out of there. You may not like it.

OOC: Did not notice that post.

IC: Kavok Quake

Believing he heard a sound he turned around and threw one of the gun powder bombs into the dark, hoping it hit whatever was there. 

It's time to move on.

OOC: Ah, right. Missed that somehow. I also somehow read the first Destroyers post as a whole horde of the things smashing through the front of the building? Hmm... clearly my paying attention skillz need some work. :confused:

OOC: No, it's 15-20 of them bashiing into the giant call center room. I thought I made this clear, but I suppose I did not. My bad. :(

Also, we don't use dogs in bird hunting, and Traferous has long since removed the anti-quaza and quaza mixture used in the explosion, although in terms of energy residue that would likely be a huge shining star to Marrow's ability.

GM NPC ZIB

Zib turned to Mr. Makuro. "We have a group of Destroyers in the elevators! They are coming here!"

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"Relax, Zib," Mr. Makuro said, pressing a button.

GM IC DESTROYERS - 15 (ELEVATOR)

The Destroyers were smart enough not to blast the elevator. However, the bottom of the elevator dropped out anyway, sending them plunging down the shaft toward the basement. And, Villain Storage.

Some of the Destroyers (4) tried to slow their fall with their leg knives and got legs ripped off, and a couple (2) got crushed by their fellows and died. All were badly stunned. (Leaving 9 operational.)

They landed on the bottom, looking around at the cell block - and at a Hero that was repairing herself. Not important.

There was an energy villain she was talking to, though. Interesting. Perhaps, like Breaker, he could be a useful subject.

-------------------

OOC: To be clear, the destroyers are in villain storage now.

GM NPC ZIB

"All heroes report to villain storage! We have a Destroyer infestation in there now!"

He then turned the shield back on. "Shield's up!"

Night Stalker approached the spaceport, grateful for the cover of night. That plus the chameleon armor made him almost completely invisible, and any vision based sensors would not see him. Sneaking through the streets had been a piece of cake. This would be more difficult, not by much though.

OOC:

What is the spaceport like? Does it have a wall around it, are there many small entrances or just a few big ones, how many guards are there at each entrance etc.

Also, would Night Stalker know what ship he's looking for? I don't remember Traeferrous telling him what it looked like but would he recognize it?

OOC: The spaceport is pretty obvious IMO; it's the same one the Heroes landed at in the Enemy Within. From that, it's pretty small - enough for about five dropships to land at out in the open in front of it, which is where Traferous is parked.

Traferous did say that he was going to take a dropship out, so Night Stalker should be able to find it.

GM NPC DRAX & MECHRON CITY POLICE(NEAR KAVOK QUAKE)

Some of the deputies that were with Drax were blown up by Kavok Quake's bomb. Drax fired at the villain out of sheer reflex, but suspected it would do no good.

The other deputies, their armor already weakened by Night Stalker's corrosive bath, had parts of their armor shredded like tissue paper. Some of them fired at Kavok Quake using pistols, but more would probably be incurate.

Edited by fishers64

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Dropship 479er

"I didn't see anyone else coming. Besides, if a hero wants to infiltrate the ship, they would probably just use their own."

IC: Arsenal- Villain storage (imprisoned)

Arsenal was understandably quite surprised when a group of flaming metal spiders dropped into the villain storage. Judging from how half of them had accidentally killed or maimed themselves getting down there, and how the others didn't seem to care, they were likely unintelligent. Meaning, of course, that someone or something had made them do this. Arsenal moved closer to his cell door in order to get a closer look.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM NPC SURGE

Surge pulled up to the base of the communications tower. "Hop in, buddy!"

OOC: Nimius has my permission to yell at Surge for calling him that.

GM IC 78 EAST (MECHRON CITY POLICE STATION)

78 tore her eyes away from the distant sight of buildings collapsing and entered the Mechron police station. What she saw was pleasing indeed - a huge hole in the floor, and a radioactive glow she recognized.

She also saw a nervous hero clutching a rifle. 78 made her approach slightly louder so the hero would hear her coming and be less likely to shoot her out of nervousness, and bent the light around her to make her appear less creepy.

OOC: So, since i'm not exactly an RP veteran, i'm struggling to find a way to intoduce myself and my character into this mess without being awkward or something. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

OOC: No worries. :) Your first IC needs to establish:

1) Where your character is. Outside Hero Factory? Mechron? On Traferous or the Brain Master's ships?

2) What your character is doing when the story starts. Robbing a bank? Hunting heroes? Waiting for something to happen? Something else?

Edited by fishers64

Night Stalker approached the spaceport, grateful for the cover of night. That plus the chameleon armor made him almost completely invisible, and any vision based sensors would not see him. Sneaking through the streets had been a piece of cake. This would be more difficult, not by much though.

OOC:

What is the spaceport like? Does it have a wall around it, are there many small entrances or just a few big ones, how many guards are there at each entrance etc.

Also, would Night Stalker know what ship he's looking for? I don't remember Traeferous telling him what it looked like but would he recognize it?

OOC: The spaceport is pretty obvious IMO; it's the same one the Heroes landed at in the Enemy Within. From that, it's pretty small - enough for about five dropships to land at out in the open in front of it, which is where Traferous is parked.

Traferous did say that he was going to take a dropship out, so Night Stalker should be able to find it.

GM NPC DRAX & MECHRON CITY POLICE(NEAR KAVOK QUAKE)

Some of the deputies that were with Drax were blown up by Kavok Quake's bomb. Drax fired at the villain out of sheer reflex, but suspected it would do no good.

The other deputies, their armor already weakened by Night Stalker's corrosive bath, had parts of their armor shredded like tissue paper. Some of them fired at Kavok Quake using pistols, but more would probably be inaccurate.

OOC: I can't remember it.  If I do something wrong feel free to tell me and I'll edit it.

Also, the deputies who fought Night Stalker are either dead or seriously injured.  I highly doubt they've been repaired already as it was a very short amount of time.  Anyway you would have 12 or 13 deputies fit for duty, depending on how many Scourge killed.  You should also take into consideration that some of the deputies would not have come to the police station.  There's still a giant hole in the city where the conference building was, Traeferous blew up a building, and Night Stalker blew up vehicles and collapsed buildings several blocks away.  I don't know how Drax would have deployed them, but I imagine that at least one or two would have gone to each area.

Night Stalker surveys the ships parked in front of the spaceport.  Traeferous had said that he had a drop ship, but there was more than one.  Night Stalker looked each one over and felt pretty sure that the one that looked a little more epic than the others was probably Traeferous'.  He snuck up to it and knocked on the hatch.

OOC: To be honest, the Quaza-smelling ability was mostly just so I can have Marrow find Heroes to fight without "just happening" to run into them. That way it's very difficult for the character to get into a situation where I can't have it fight something unless Marrow gets captured.

IC: Marrow - Mekron City

One more rooftop... Marrow stopped abruptly. The trail was cold? It just... vanished. It sniffed around a few more times, but there was nothing. Hissing with frustration, it turned back towards the destroyed building and began following the traces of Anti-Quaza instead. It wouldn't taste as good as normal Quaza, but would still keep Marrow going for a bit.

Oddly enough, the Anti-Quaza trail took it back to the spaceport. It made its way to the landing area and followed the scent to a dropship. The door of the ship was being knocked on by something that Marrow couldn't see... Intriguing.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Outside Hero Factory (Cor Solis)

Bliss pulled up in front of the entrance to find that all the Destroyers had been taken care of but was immediately hailed by Mission Control with a notice that there were now Destroyers in VILLAIN STORAGE??!!! No no no, that was bad. But now he was stuck in his ship. "Really?!" He said to himself exasperatedly. 

IC: Ken Render - Hero Factory Call Centre

Render nodded at the other Hero jumping off. "A'ight, good. Now, we better get out keisters to Villain lockup. C'mon, kids."

He turned and walked away, motioning for the other two to follow.

~

OOC: Aw dangit I was king of hoping to see what Fishers had in mind for Quake's daring escape. :c

IC: Eloise Thumper - She Arrives

She heard an explosion very close by, and felt metal fly by her. She could see the villain, glowing slightly, and the outline of the officers- some living, some dead. She charged the villain while he was distracted by the shots fired by the police officer, fists up in a boxer's position, preparing a punch.

~

IC: Mara Quiver - In Secret Tunnel

She was about to answer Rune when she heard something from behind. Footsteps. She froze, fumbling and turning quickly on her heel to stare wide-eyed at the being approaching her. They seemed to be looking at her. She took a few steps back as they approached. "H-H-Hello? I-It's n-not safe to b-b-be here right n-now. P-P-Please leave."

OOC: I'll wait for a response from Epix and/or Stormer before having Silke arrive. It feels a bit strange for her to travel from Hero Factory to The Antropolis Pit before anyone responds to Shade.

Edit: Actually looking back, it doesn't look like Shade really said anything that necessarily needs to be responded to. It still doesn't sit right with me to have the ship fly in before the others post though. :D

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Anamnesis - Cell.

He couldn't stop himself. He laughed. The hero was alone, with barely operational legs, confronting a half-dozen or so giant lava bugs, "Are you sure you don't want to let me out?" 

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City Police Station.

He raised his rifle, taking a few steps away from Quiver and towards the sound of the explosion. "I take it that the villain went that way, then?" 

IC: Anamnesis - Cell.

"Suit yourself," he shrugged, before turning his attention to the creatures, "Let me out of here, and I'll help you destroy Hero Factory!" 

IC: Jason Ferro-Tunnel

"I can help you if you need it. We don't know which one of these paths the turbine is hidden in, so contact me if you find it. I'll make sure to do the same."

Ferro started climbing down the ladder, approaching the side path. On the way down, he realized that he didn't know if the beasts were brained or not. He dismissed the concern, knowing that they would easily be able to tell as they got closer.

IC: Arsenal-Villain storage (imprisoned)

Arsenal was somewhat amused when a villain below him attempted to bargain with the beasts. It was unlikely that they would be able to understand him, much less actually decide to free him. The desperation brought on by being stuck in a cell the size of a large shipping crate 24/7 was truly saddening...

Suddenly, everything went silent. The prisoners, the hero, and even the flaming spiders. The hero must have activated the sound-cancelling device on all of the cells at once. Arsenal had seen the device being used on particularly unruly prisoners over the last few months, but had never been silenced himself. This gave him the opportunity to do something that he couldn't have done before, due to the noise it would make. Activating his buzz saw, Arsenal attempted to jam the weapon in between the laser bar emitters and the cell floor. If all went well, the power to the bars would be cut in his cell, allowing him to escape. He didn't know if the saw would be able to successfully cut through the metal enough to actually sever the power, but he figured it was at least worth a shot. After all, he had used the weapon to cut through heavy armor before with some difficulty, so a prison cell wasn't completely out of the question...

OOC: My character would most likely be outside HF hunting heroes, since that's both appropriate considering their backstory and a great way to join in on the RP. Also, BBCode seems to be broken for me, so couldnt use quotes.

Then you need to say that IC, some thing like "[Your villain here] was outside Hero Factory. He looked around for Heroes, on the hunt." It's a story.