fishers64

OOC: There were a few other villains on the list - Crowley, Traferous, etc. - who were on that list despite their first appearances in-game being elsewhere. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Touché. Never mind, then.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Hero Factory Villain Containment

Gyro hit the floor of villain containment and flicked his blades into the flight position. Villains were either stunned or already attempting a break for freedom- most seemed to be the latter. Kat was holding her own against a villain, with help from another Hero, so Gyro instead made for another villain quickly approaching the fight, a villain who looked remarkably like a shark.

"All right, you've had your fun," he said. "Now go back to your cell, and I won't charge you with an attempted escape."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Pod.

With the factory tangible once more, he brought the pod in to land. "Hello?" he snapped into his comms once more as he clambered out, "Can someone please explain to me what the heck is going on?": 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: There's something that's been bugging me for a few hours now, and the more I've tried to research it, the more it confuses me.

The profile for the Brain Master's ship says that it will explode if it tries to enter an atmosphere... yet it's now flying around in Makuhero City and taking potshots at Hero Factory with no apparent problems. Now, unless I'm grossly underestimating the distance between the ship and Hero Factory, it seems like the Brain Master's vessel would be well inside of Makuhero City's atmosphere.

Now, before anyone tries to say "it's an asteroid, it doesn't have an atmosphere", the events of Brain Attack clearly show that it does have a breathable atmosphere of some kind. If it didn't have an atmosphere, then all of the organic beasts and the brains that controlled them would've died of suffocation within minutes of their arrival in the city. 

So am I mistaken in how close the Brain Master's ship actually is to the surface of the asteroid, has this whole atmosphere issue simply been overlooked, or is there some aspect of Makuhero City's artificial atmosphere that means the Brain Master's ship can go through it without getting exploded? 

IC: Echo - Whyyy

A sharp motion just behind Echo cause him to turn around. Or...

Mostly around. The twin blades of Focus's sword cut right through the armor plating on his shoulder and bit deep into his internal circuitry. Crying out, Echo fell to his knees and wrenched the blades out of his arm. In an attempt to regain his footing, he fired both concussion shots, once again only half-charged, into Focus's feet to try and buy some time.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: FOCUS [Fighting Echo]

Focus deactivated the sword, gripping the hilt tightly in his hand as he dove to the side to avoid the concussion shots. Rolling back to his feet a fair distance away, he activated his hardlight shield in front of him as he analyzed the situation. The wound would make it extremely difficult - if not outright impossible - for the other Hero to move his arm, which gave Focus an advantage. There was no telling how much internal damage he had caused, but the sword had gone deep, increasing the likelihood that Echo's body would begin to malfunction or his programming would glitch.

He waited for the other Hero to make the next move.

IC: Anamnesis - Outside Hero Factory.

He started moving further away, towards the water, dragging Flak with him. If these heroes wanted to waste their time fighting each other, that was fine with him, but he wasn't dumb enough to risk turning his back on either of them. 

IC: Echo - True Heroes Never Die

Echo stood. Focus had taken up a defensive stance a short distance away so he initiated another charging sequence and made a dash at the escaping villain instead. This time, he slashed with his functioning arm at the killer's midsection and accompanied the attack with a 33% charged concussion pulse at point-blank range. If he was lucky, Flak and the villain would be blasted apart from each other and flung to the ground.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

He wished he could just leave, and let Echo go.

But the other Hero would report all of this to Hero Factory command, and Focus would be lucky to escape with his life.

Thus, instead of turning to grab Sharp and leave, he instead activated his energy sword and charged after Echo, who had foolishly focused once again on Anamnesis, who seemed intent on retreating. The villain was smart - and he could afford to leave without a fight. Focus could not.

He deactivated the hardlight shield as he approached and lunged towards Echo, aiming to stab the Hero in his right side.

IC: The Scalpel

The ship arrived at the Hero Factory tower. "What's next, Shade?" Silke asked.

IC: Shade - Inside The Scalpel

Shade exited the recharge station and returned to his seat fully charged. He still needed that dent to be looked at, but that would have to wait. "Circle the tower for a bit. I want to see how much damage has been caused." The tower had never looked worse. The amount of laser burns and holes riddling the sides of the structure was just appalling. As he took it all in, Shade noticed two small figures on the ground. There seemed to be a commotion of some sort although Shade couldn't tell what was going on from up where he was. "Silke, could you get me closer to those two?" As Silke obligingly maneuvered the ship closer to the two figures, it became immediately apparent by the cores on their chests that they were heroes, and additionally weren't on good terms with each other. Not just that, but It seemed there was a third member of the struggle who was slowly backing towards the water with a hostage. "Land me near the fighting ones." Shade commanded. As the cloaked vessel made down about 10 yards away from the skirmish, Shade, with chameleon and sound dampening fields active, exited the vehicle and began dashing towards the battle.

OOC: I'll leave it up to Nato as to whether or not Anamnesis can detect the energy usage beneath Shade's cloak. I did not specify in Shade's profile the details of the shield's full cloaking capabilities and am ready to pay for any consequences tied to that.   :D

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: From what I'm currently seeing, all of the characters listed in the profile for Traferous' Ship have some form of an alliance with it's owner, and have more or less been using it as their base of operations. Perhaps that's why Captor wasn't added?

As for the laser, I've been assuming that the Brain Master was firing from orbit.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Without hesitation, Anamnesis twisted Flak into the path of Echo's blade. The weapon bit deep, and the civilian cried out, seeming surprised that Anamnesis was serious about using him as a shield. What Anamnesis hadn't been expecting, however, was the pulse blast that followed the attack, and just as Echo had hoped, Anamnesis and Flak were flung in different directions. 

The wounded civilian fell sideways, spark spilling from the ragged gash in his side, while Anamnesis was tossed directly backwards, coming to a stop at the water's edge. As he picked himself up off the ground, he noticed the incoming ship and spat a muffled curse. "Why can't you heroes just leave me be?" he snarled, beginning to make his way back up the slope towards Flak, "Is that too much to ask for?" 

IC: Var Vicious

Var was taken by surprise by Jade's inventive manoeuvre, but with what seemed to be impossible reflexes, Var managed to rapidly spin their fighter, just barely manoeuvring out of the way of the blasts before coming around for another bout, firing at the dropship with the fighter's high-powered blasters. 

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: Well seeing as you were distracted I suppose that's what I'll go with.

I don't know what you mean by "you were distracted", but sure. I'm still not sure what the radioactive waste does but I can still make a post.

Oh, and @Onaku: Fishers said that that list was for characters who started on the ship.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Secret Tunnel

One handcuff clicked into place and Thumper was about to help the other shackle find the villain's other arm when, out of nowhere, they started firing their weapon wildly. Thumper jumped back, though a few bullets skimmed her shoulder. She quickly swiped off the gunk that was left behind. "Hey! Stop swinging that thing around, el verde!"

~

IC: Kavok Quake

He would find that his energy would start to get absorbed by the Hero Cuffs.

OOC: Well didn't someone attack you?

He threw out the detonator, hoping the right person would get it.

It's time to move on.

IC: Echo - Not Going Down Without A Fight

"No, it's not," Echo said as he planted himself firmly between the killer and Flak. "Just get your murderous impulses under control and I'll let you go."

He began charging another concussion shot.

OOC: What's the detonator for? I mean, bombs, obviously, but which ones? The ones he's holding, or different ones?

Oh, and no, Thumper wasn't attacked, I don't think. Unless you count Quake shooting at her. East 78 turned the lights on, though.

Thumper didn't see what was thrown, but felt it bounce off her head as it was thrown her way. She didn't pay much attention to where it landed after that, instead approaching the villain again. "Okay, okay, that's enough. Hold still so I can get the cuffs on you properly, okay?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

"Teleport!" the brain master shouted, heading back to its orginal location. Still, the lasers punched a large hole in the side of the ship, and the rockets made it into one of the launch bays, destroying a pod of Destroyers. 

Angery, the Brain Master fired at the very tangible Hero Factory, cutting a hole in the top of the building.

GM NPC JAWBLADE (TALKING TO TIMOTHY GYRO)

Jawblade hovered up off the floor on his fins, dissapointed that he wasn't able to get out though the ceintangibility. "That's a little difficult," he grumbled. "Seeing that my cell is made of solid concrete."

He tried to walk past Gyro. He wasn't in the mood for a fight, especially since he had no weapons at the moment. 

GM NPC CORRODER

Corroder leaped into the armory, looking around for her claws. Finding them, she seized them off a shelf. 

GM NPC MISSION CHIEF (TALKING TO VEX)

"We're under attack. Some villain got their hands on a Makuro prototype and turned the building intangible." 

GM NPC ZIB 

Zib stormed back into Mission Control - only to see a hole open in the roof. Angery, he slapped the button for the failsafe shield, turning it back on. "I need a repair crew to mission control on the double!"

GM NPC MISSION CHIEF (TALKING TO ZIB)

"Sir...there is no repair crew."

"No, it's not," Echo said as he planted himself firmly between the killer and Flak. "Just get your murderous impulses under control and I'll let you go."

"Everywhere I go, everything I do, there's always someone trying to tell me what to do, how to live my life," he spat, holding his ground, "You call yourselves heroes, claim you're here to protect us, but all you do is force people to run their lives the way you want them to. And if they don't cooperate, you brand them a criminal and throw them in a cell."

GM NPC MISSION CHIEF (TALKING TO VEX)

"We're under attack. Some villain got their hands on a Makuro prototype and turned the building intangible." 

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Factory.

"Maybe Mr Makuro ought to stop making prototypes..." he said hesitantly, wincing as the laser beam from the Brain Master's ship slashed through the ceiling only a few metres from where he stood, "...they're more trouble than they're worth."

He began charging another concussion shot.

You missed this:

He wished he could just leave, and let Echo go.

But the other Hero would report all of this to Hero Factory command, and Focus would be lucky to escape with his life.

Thus, instead of turning to grab Sharp and leave, he instead activated his energy sword and charged after Echo, who had foolishly focused once again on Anamnesis, who seemed intent on retreating. The villain was smart - and he could afford to leave without a fight. Focus could not.

He deactivated the hardlight shield as he approached and lunged towards Echo, aiming to stab the Hero in his right side.

OOC: Before I post an IC: seeing as Kavok Quake's reaction to being wrangled into handcuffs was to shoot slimy bullets everywhere without an attempt to physically move himself away or move his other hand away at all, did the wrangling work and he's got one arm cuffed? And the one with the gun's waving around and shooting? Do I have that right?

Also, I tried looking up Wayback Machine pages of HS01 and looking online in general, but I couldn't find anything about what exactly radioactive goop would do to a Hero, or to metal in general, besides something Nato found which suggested some really slow, gradual damage. I think it was implied in the show that it works kind of like acid, from memory, but since Stormer got hit directly in the chest and didn't suffer any ill effects besides the nanobots that Meltdown had added to the waste, maybe it's a weak acid. How are we treating it in this RPG?

OOC: I treat it as causing severe weakness in the targets that it hits, seeing as that's what happened to Stormer. That was a core shot, though, so it's more indicative of its effects on quaza. 

I agree with Nato's assessment that it probably caused brittleness and weakness in Heroes' bodies. 

Pilots (these are PCs onboard): Traferous, Fravi, 78 East, Dr. Lie (in control). Crowley, Mr. Vyle, Dr. Lie, Night Stalker, and Kavok Quake. (These started there. For the actual battle, TBD.)

OOC: Captor is on board as well.

OOC: Fixed. The amount of posts and theories about this is hilarious. 

OOC: There's something that's been bugging me for a few hours now, and the more I've tried to research it, the more it confuses me.

The profile for the Brain Master's ship says that it will explode if it tries to enter an atmosphere... yet it's now flying around in Makuhero City and taking potshots at Hero Factory with no apparent problems. Now, unless I'm grossly underestimating the distance between the ship and Hero Factory, it seems like the Brain Master's vessel would be well inside of Makuhero City's atmosphere.

Now, before anyone tries to say "it's an asteroid, it doesn't have an atmosphere", the events of Brain Attack clearly show that it does have a breathable atmosphere of some kind. If it didn't have an atmosphere, then all of the organic beasts and the brains that controlled them would've died of suffocation within minutes of their arrival in the city. 

So am I mistaken in how close the Brain Master's ship actually is to the surface of the asteroid, has this whole atmosphere issue simply been overlooked, or is there some aspect of Makuhero City's artificial atmosphere that means the Brain Master's ship can go through it without getting exploded? 

OOC: Timeimageness is correct - the Brain Master is above the atmosphere in space. The Destroyers are teleported in. 

The only argument I think could be raised would be that the energy beams from the ship would bounce off or be weakened by the atmosphere somehow, but since these beams can cut through solid metal, I'm not really sure why they wouldn't go though. 

The distance could be a problem, but that's never stopped the Enterprise's phaser banks from destroying stuff on planets, so... :P

(For reference, the Enterprise was established to be non-atmospheric in the Orginal Series due to the fact that it was never reinforced for re-entry. Hence why it burned up in Into Darkness. [/nerd]) 

I might also note that Makuhero City's asteroid might have a smaller atmosphere than a planet, shorting the distance a little. 

OOC: Well seeing as you were distracted I suppose that's what I'll go with.

I don't know what you mean by "you were distracted", but sure. I'm still not sure what the radioactive waste does but I can still make a post.

Oh, and @Onaku: Fishers said that that list was for characters who started on the ship.

One handcuff clicked into place and Thumper was about to help the other shackle find the villain's other arm when, out of nowhere, they started firing their weapon wildly. Thumper jumped back, though a few bullets skimmed her shoulder. She quickly swiped off the gunk that was left behind. "Hey! Stop swinging that thing around, el verde!"

~

He would find that his energy would start to get absorbed by the Hero Cuffs.

OOC: Well didn't someone attack you?

He threw out the detonator, hoping the right person would get it.

OOC: 78 East did not attack. 

GM IC 78 EAST

78 East sped forward to catch the detonator, and then hit it, hoping to blow Kavok Quake and Thumper out of the picture. 

OOC: I'll let chirox decide whether KQ has any bombs left. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Echo - Facing Off Against Anamnesis And Focus

"If by 'forcing people to run their lives the way we want' you mean stopping people from murdering each other, the yes. That's also called protecting."

Echo ducked under the incoming attack and countered with a kick to Focus's hip.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Makuhero Skies (Cor Solis)

"Yeah!" His shots had done some damage it seemed. With guns blazing, Bliss did a sharp turn and attempted to blast his way into one of the Brain Master's hangar bays.

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer reached the combat dropship, and hopped in, heading for home. 

GM NPC ???

"Then take me there," the mysterious villain demanded of the brain master. 

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

"No, I have a battle to fight here. Go hitch a ride with someone else." 

"Yeah!" His shots had done some damage it seemed. With guns blazing, Bliss did a sharp turn and attempted to blast his way into one of the Brain Master's hangar bays.

OOC: Er, the Brain Master teleported away from him. Should I interpret this as him flying after the vessel and attacking?

Edited by fishers64

While Echo was distracted fending off Focus' attack, he made a run for where the injured Flak still lay. 

IC: FOCUS [Outside]

When Echo dodged the attack, Focus allowed his momentum to spin him so that his left arm was facing the other Hero - and then he activated his hardlight shield. As it activated, the shield blocked Echo's kick as well as pushing him back; with the two Heroes as close to each other as they were, there was nothing Echo would be able to do to fight against the push of the shield.

IC: Jason Ferro- Underground cavern

This was strange. Why would someone choose to live down here? He could see beasts doing it, but the houses that had been carved into the stalagmites looked too advanced to have been built by their hands. Just as he was about to attempt to traverse an admittedly unsafe looking rope bridge, he received a call from Flood...

"Wave my arm? What for?"

Despite Flood's odd request, Ferro complied, waving as though a dear friend was on the other side of the bridge.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Dropship 479er

Having just spent the last few seconds observing his attacker's flight patterns, Gorn quickly fired off two groups of shots: one headed directly for Var's ship, and another headed for where Var would most likely move to in the act of dodging the first group.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Thanks about the radioactive waste thing! I'll keep it in mind.

IC: Wilbur Flood - TV Room

"This room has several screens, showing what appears to be different places. I can see you, and some kind of city, on one. I just wanted to check if this was a live showing. Apparently, it is."

He peered at the screen. "Maybe you can see what's capturing the image. Try looking around. I will tell you if you're looking straight at it."

~

OOC: Not entirely sure what Jawblade meant by "I can't, it's solid", but I'm assuming that he means the bars are on again and he can't get in or something. If that's not the case, let me know and I'll edit this post.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Shot Down In The Metaphorical Sense

Gyro was a little stunned that the villain seemed so flippant, but quickly shook it off and moved to block them from walking around him.

"Then I'll open the cell for you to get in," he said, a little more firmly. "You can't just waltz out of here."

IC: Jason Ferro- Underground city

"Wait, what? Well, that's creepy. Has the room you're in been used a lot before? I mean, is everything dusty, or does it look like someone's been there recently?"

Ferro looked all around the cavern, looking for something out of the ordinary. Well, to be honest, almost everything in here already was out of the ordinary, but you get the point.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Dropship 478er

Grumbling to himself about the missed shots, Gorn settled for simply firing nonstop, in order to prevent Var from getting a clear shot at the dropship.

"So, any ideas on how to get rid of this guy?"

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Gorn is stationed at the rear of the ship, that gun can't fire forward, only back. For future reference ;)

IC Kathrine Scarlet:

ooh a barrage. That was more like it.Still, It was pretty simple to rocket up and around to avoid getting hit, though a few shots did make it to my torso armor, boiling away some of it.

"So is attacking a bunch of Heroes in their own factory, but you don't hear me judging your life choices."

I grinned. 

"Strike three, by the way."

I opened fire with high energy plasma of my own.

IC Jade Riley:

"Okay, not bad," She muttered, angling the engine pods vertically, and pouring on the thrust.  This caused the ship to shoot away, and Jade adjusted the rear engines to fire slightly stronger, essentially vertically strafing the other ship as she continued firing away. Their laser blasts boiled away at the heavy armor, one coming dangerously close to the cockpit. Not that Jade had to worry about that, she was designed for spaceflight as much as she was atmospheric flight. She'd prefer not to have to seal off the troop bay, though.

OOC: If you are referring to the weapon mounted to Breaker's left arm, that would be the missile launcher, the plasma gun is shoulder mounted.

IC: Breaker

I sidestep, moving my cores out of the path of the shots, allowing them to fly past my shoulder, before moving back and continuing fire on Kat. I also charge Splint with my swords and mace, whilst still keeping fire on Kat. As I reach Splint, I stab with my right sword, following up with a wide swing with my left, before bringing my mace down with a heavy strike. I subsequently fire another missile at Kat, and keep up fire on her with the plasma.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

OOC: How was Breaker able to deflect Riot's shots?

Don't take this the wrong way or anything, because I'm fine with rolling with it if he was somehow legitimately able to see them, but I didn't find anything in his profile to explain this, so I figured I'd better ask before proceeding.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Not entirely sure what Jawblade meant by "I can't, it's solid", but I'm assuming that he means the bars are on again and he can't get in or something. If that's not the case, let me know and I'll edit this post.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Shot Down In The Metaphorical Sense

Gyro was a little stunned that the villain seemed so flippant, but quickly shook it off and moved to block them from walking around him.

"Then I'll open the cell for you to get in," he said, a little more firmly. "You can't just waltz out of here."

OOC: Jawblade went through the concrete walls of the cell went things were intangible. He had a tighter security cell. I tried to establish this earlier. After all, the bad boy broke out once before.

GM NPC JAWBLADE

"Not much for dancing, Hero," Jawblade said, dodging to the Hero's other side. "And you don't have the key to that cell. Only Zib and Rocka do, and other such muckty-mucks."

GM NPC CORRODER

Completely ignored, Corroder blasted a hole in the wall, entering another hallway. She began blasting through walls in trying to get to the exterior of the Factory. 

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM

Black Phantom slipped out of the water. He looked back to make sure no one was following him - and saw an energy villain with a dying civilian and...two heroes fighting each other? Excellent. He cackled to himself as he slunk off into the Factory district. 

GM IC JASON FERRO

There wasn't anything directly behind Jason that would appear to be a viewing apparatus. However, the wall behind him had a large hole in it through which a glint of light could be could seen its depths.

There were similar holes in the ceiling and all the other sides of the room.  

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Er, the Brain Master teleported away from him. Should I interpret this as him flying after the vessel and attacking?

OOC: Yeah, sorry. Should've been more specific in my post.

IC: Echo - Ow

Echo could do little against the shield bash besides bracing himself with his good arm. The hit still sent him sprawling, but he managed to twist himself directly into the killer's path and slash at the villain's legs from the ground.

IC: FOCUS [Outside]

No longer giving Echo any time to think, Focus stalked forward, hardlight shield and energy sword both activated. As Echo once more focused on Anamnesis, still on the ground, Focus opened his arms wide and swung both his shield and sword down towards each other.

Echo would be caught in the middle - either the shield would push him into the sword and wound him further, or the sword itself would do the trick.

With one arm down, various inner components already fried, and his attention focused elsewhere, it was doubtful that Echo could avoid the attack.