fishers64

OOC: Wait, can Gyro see Corroder? For some reason I thought she wasn't in view, but the "completely ignored" line has me wondering.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Echo - Ow

Echo could do little against the shield bash besides bracing himself with his good arm. The hit still sent him sprawling, but he managed to twist himself directly into the killer's path and slash at the villain's legs from the ground.

IC: Anamnesis - Outside Hero Factory.

He stumbled, one of his legs abruptly becoming noticeably shorter than it was supposed to be, and fell sprawling onto the ground. He rolled to the side, away from Echo's reach, before redistributing his composition and getting back to his feet.

Why couldn't these heroes just leave him alone?  

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Wait, can Gyro see Corroder? For some reason I thought she wasn't in view, but the "completely ignored" line has me wondering.

OOC: Corroder is behind Gyro's back on his right, and up a flight of stairs from his position. To put it another way, I could draw a diagonal line from Gyro's right shoulder to Corroder, but Gyro is facing Jawblade on the other side of the room. 

He might feel a breeze or notice a change in lighting from the hole, however. 

OOC: Thank you!

IC: Timothy Gyro - Dancing with Sharks

He moved to intercept again. "That doesn't mean you can just walk out of here! Come on, buddy, you know how this works! Stop-"

He paused. Was it drafty in here? He glanced over his shoulder and promptly swore at the massive hole and no doubt retreating, armed villain. He glanced between it and the villain before him. Though a villain with such a destructive weapon would be more of a danger and thus more ideal for him to stop, leaving the shark villain here to fetch his own weapons and cause more destruction wasn't ideal either.

Already frustrated and stressed from such an abrupt, danger-filled start to the day, this conundrum pushed him over the edge, and through the frustrated haze he dedicated himself to the first ridiculous plan he hit upon.

He glared at the villain before him and spun his wings in a sharp roar, going up over the villain's head, around behind him, and made a double-handed grab for the villain's tail. If he succeeded or not, he'd be gunning through those holes at full speed- the question was whether he'd be carrying the shark villain.

OOC: I have hit upon the best, worst, least practical idea ever.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Var Vicious
Var gracefully strafed through the blasts, a few of them scraping across the tips of the wings and cockpit. One blast hit the right wing head on, leaving a sizeable blast mark. "Alright, I think it's time I switched up tactics." Var suddenly pulled the ship up, spinning it while doing so, climbing higher and higher into the space above the dropship, before then turning it around sharply and doing a nose dive, firing away at the dropship.

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: Well didn't someone attack you?

IC: Kavok Quake

He threw out the detonator, hoping the right person would get it.

OOC: 78 East did not attack. 

GM IC 78 EAST

78 East sped forward to catch the detonator, and then hit it, hoping to blow Kavok Quake and Thumper out of the picture. 

OOC: I'll let chirox decide whether KQ has any bombs left. 

IC: Kavok Quake

Knowing the sound he pulled off the belt holding the bombs and in the 5 seconds he had threw the bombs towards the entrance of the tunnel.

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

OOC: That's uh.....I'd have to ask resident expert Zippy, but I'm pretty sure more cores doesn't make you have more processing power. But even if it did, it would be overwhelmed by all the multiple personalities vying for control. If anything, it would give him a larger power reserve, but..... that's about it.

Also it kinda sounds like you're making him out to be completely unbeatable unless you catch him unawares? Which I'm preeeeeeetty sure is  A)completely unfair and B) Really boring.

IC Kathrine Scarlet:

Still using minute applications of thrust to avoid as much plasma fire as I could, I snatched one missile straight out of the air, and swung it around, throwing it right into the other missile. They exploded wonderfully with each other.

OOC: Alright, I'll disregard the extra processing power and reaction time. He's still probably much stronger and slightly faster than average heroes though. For future reference, Breaker can only use his swords to block if he already has them raised defensively.

IC: Breaker

I turn and see Kat still buzzing around. I laugh, a cacophonous sound of five voices. "That's quite enough." I charge Kat, and leap high into the air, firing a salvo of plasma at Splint. I swing my mace downwards as I reach her.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

IC Kathrine:

Checkmate.

Every villain has a moment where they think they have the upper hand, make a big bold move, thinking there's no way the poor Hero can do anything.

And that's usually when we do our jobs the best.

So here's this guy leaping into the air. The air. You know, the place where I basically make a living being fabulously effective at flying.

So, mace, right? I mean sure against a smaller hero like myself, it makes sense on the surface. except for the part where I have thrusters in almost every part of my body. Stopping a big weapon like that? Child's play, grab the haft, quick application of thrust to negate it's momentum, and adjustment of my lift thrusters to keep myself and him airborne for just a fraction of a second.

Cause you see, thrusters not only increase my strength, but also my speed. While I couldn't quite fly at supersonic speeds, my fist? Oh, you betcha.

With a surge of plasma erupting from hardpoints on my forearm, my fist rockets forward in a blur that let's off a sharp crack as it breaks the sound barrier, headed straight for Breakers F A C E.

OOC: So sorry for the disappearance, guys. Dreadful combination of holidays/family, network issues, and health issues. Everything's cool now, so I'll be hopping back into the RP as soon as I catch up with the current goings-on.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

The punch connects, leaving a sizable crack on my helmet and disabling my radio communication system. "You'll regret that. I'll use your remains to weld my helmet back together." As she still grips the handle of my mace, I yank myself towards her, and bring my left arm, and missile launcher, up to her face. I fire, and simultaneously slash with both swords, whilst opening fire with my plasma cannon.

bBhcfWO.png

IC Kathrine:

Fortunately, I was smart, and dropped him as soon as I felt that oh so satisfying crack of my fist against his face, causing all of his attacks to juuuuust slip by me.

"There won't be anything left to fix."

Too many villains. Not enough time.

"GYRO! SPLINT! FIND COVER, NOW!"

Plasma coursed along my palms, and the metal on them sagged as I built up a massive amount of energy in a very short time.

This would not be pretty. This would not be heroic. 

to so casually consider murdering several heroes was too far. This was my home. my job. My entire life. 

The armor on my forearms melted away, revealing the underlying framework. Nimius Ardor was made entirely out of the Heat resistant material that made up my inner skeleton.

I didn't care.

My core and eyes burned just as fiercely as the roiling suns I held in each palm.

Both of which were pointed squarely at the villain in front of me.

"Last chance." I said with an eery calm. "Surrender."

IC: Shade - Hero Battle

Shade had watched the two heroes (and maybe a third?) struggle as he raced towards the scene. He hadn't been able to determine who was malfunctioning until one of them had stepped between a civilian and the one made of what looked like energy.  The strange one didn't look like it wanted to fight, although it appeared to covet the civilian for some unknown reason. If there wasn't a villain here, then why were 3 heroes fighting over a civilian? The only conclusion that Shade could come up with was that the energy being after the civilian was malfunctioning. The hero that attacked the figure standing between the malfunctioning energy being and its prey must also be malfunctioning. Only a fully functioning hero would take a stand between a villain (to use villain very loosely) and a civilian, right? With this analysis, Shade circled around the fight, switched the quaza link on, and attempted to swipe Focus's legs off from behind with a scissor motion.

OOC: Edited Shade's logic to include Anamnesis's hero core.

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Echo - Focus!

Echo lost track of the killer as Focus lunged forwards in a brutal double-attack with both shield and sword. Unfortunately for him, Echo had just finished fully charging the concussion shot he'd been preparing. He unleashed the blast directly into Focus's chest. If he was lucky, the other Hero would be lifted off his feet and sent flying, and with Focus mid-attack, there was actually a pretty good chance of that happening.

If not...

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Sure! Quoting from his profile: "Shade makes use of two foldable raw quaza-embedded arm-blades that are linked directly to his battery. They can sear their way through most materials and are capable of short ranged quaza blasts. Shade has the choice to turn the blades’ quaza link on or off depending on how low his battery is running. Turning the quaza off saves the hero on energy, but causes the blades to lose their palpable cutting capability."

OOC: Sure! Quoting from his profile: "Shade makes use of two foldable raw quaza-embedded arm-blades that are linked directly to his battery. They can sear their way through most materials and are capable of short ranged quaza blasts. Shade has the choice to turn the blades’ quaza link on or off depending on how low his battery is running. Turning the quaza off saves the hero on energy, but causes the blades to lose their palpable cutting capability."

Thanks. :) I know there was a quaza link in the show but yours functions differently so I'm glad I asked.

OOC: Actually, Echo's on the ground right now, so it would be very easy to see an attack coming from almost any direction. He was attacking Anamnesis's feet from a prone position.

In the prone position he'd be lying chest/stomach on the ground. As such, with him attacking Anamnesis (and therefore looking at Anamnesis), it'd be next to impossible for him to notice Focus, let alone avoid his attack or somehow retaliate.

OOC: Whoops, forgot prone meant lying on the chest. What was the term for lying on the back again? Hmm, can't remember. I meant to say he was lying on his back, like this:posture_lying.jpg

In this position, it would be easy to see an attacker from any direction. Sorry for the confusion.  :confused:

EDIT: Supine, that's what it's called.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Echo's movement doesn't make any sense if this is the case; from that position he's not going to be able to slash at Anamnesis at all. At least in prone slashing at Anam's feet makes sense, but I'm just not seeing how you'd do that in the position you've pictured above.

OOC: Alright, so here's basically what happened:

Echo moves between Anamnesis and John Flak and Focus attacks Echo from the side

(A)     (E)   (J)

(F)

Echo goes down and Anamnesis makes a run for Flak

(A)(E) (J)

(F)

As Anamnesis passes, Echo reaches up with his good arm and takes a swipe at Anamnesis's feet.

O

-|-

/ \x

__/O

Anamnesis is made of energy, not thick metal plating, so the hit does some damage and takes off a bit of his leg

Focus then attacks Echo, who has to only swivel his head a bit to see the attack coming

__|O

O

\|/

/ \

Echo fires off his sonic blast in Focus's direction to (hopefully) knock the attack off course before he dies

Does this make sense at all to anyone other than me?

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel
  • Upvote 1

OOC: That's uh.....I'd have to ask resident expert Zippy, but I'm pretty sure more cores doesn't make you have more processing power. But even if it did, it would be overwhelmed by all the multiple personalities vying for control. If anything, it would give him a larger power reserve, but..... that's about it.

OOC: Aw, you flatter me. :D

Hero Cores seem to contain some manner of processor- according to the show, the Hero processor is spread between the head and chest, and the chest part, from context, seems to be largely controlling personality (due to Hero Cores containing basic elements of personality). I don't know much about computers so I can't comment on if adding more processors makes a machine faster, especially since we don't know if the Hero Core processor has anything to do with movement whatsoever- it could just be the head processor doing that.

The main thing I found issue with was how he was firing accurately when not facing someone. I don't remember his profile mentioning eyes on the back of his head. Quietly sidestepping would ruin his shots completely if they were accurate.

...the one without a hero core (probably a villain then). 

OOC: Just for reference, Anamnesis does have a quaza core. It's the only part of him that isn't just pure energy. 

Scrambling away from the fighting heroes, he ran once more for where Flak lay. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Name: Isaac Rider

Powers and abilities: Minor healing, he can regenerate some of the metal lost if shot, and repair limbs if the detached limb is good shape. He is also relatively nimble.

Weapons: Stun gun, and a flying sentry drone he named "Claws". The drone is equipped with a small gatling gun, and two small claws which can extend to pick up cargo or reload.

Appearance: Relatively small, with an evo style helmet. He has a dark green camo color scheme, and yellow eyes and core.

Bio/Personality: Claws was assigned to Isaac as soon as he was "born" as a partner to help the usually shy rookie to fend for himself and let him focus on healing teammates. As a person, Isaac is kind, if timid, and enjoys helping out his teammates rather than harming others. He considers Claws his best friend.

OOC: Forgot to mention, in regards to Kavok Quake's post: Firstly, he's currently blind and would not be able to see what East 78 is doing. Secondly, she's already pressed the button, so throwing the bomb to stop her isn't really feasible.

Except that Focus isn't attacking after Echo made his move; he's attacking at the same time.

e: grammar plz

OOC: Aha. I didn't realize it was at the same time; indeed Echo's move is impossible then.

IC: Echo - A Hero To The Bitter End

Echo's talon sheared through the villain's leg...

And Focus's sword cut right into his core.

Echo let out a small gasp as the hardlight blade tore through his internal systems and exited his back into the ground underneath.

Everything froze. "Why, Focus... why?" His vision blurred and all the warning lights on his HUD began to fade. He drew in a single breath of air, static crackling around the edges of the sound. "You know... there's no going back... now. You've... betrayed us. You've betrayed... us all."

As the world started to fall away, Echo smiled one last time. "Give my regards...

To the Recall."

In Mission Control, a Hero tracking signal went dark and a small beep informed the gathered mission managers and scientists that a Hero had gone offline.

Oddly enough, in the silence of the room,

They could almost hear it

Echo.

OOC:  No, Echo!  Why?   :nervous: 

"Not a chance!" I break into a sprint, firing bolts at Kat while I circle around behind before leaping across beneath her, firing a missile as well, before circling around again. "No way we're letting you hit us with that."

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

IC: FOCUS [Outside]

Focus turned to correct his balance, having not expected his attack to be quite so successful; this had the unintended benefit of placing his hardlight shield between him and something that left sparks in its wake as it collided with the shield. He stumbled a few steps, caught off guard by the attack.

As he quickly adjusted into a defensive stance, he heard Echo's final words and shook his head, replying quietly, "I gave you a choice, and you foolishly chose to fight me. If you could have gone against your mindless programming just once...."

He spoke now to whoever had entered the fray from the ship.

"This Hero obstructed justice - you commit treason by attacking me. You have foolishly entered a combat zone clearly misinformed, and I will defend myself against you if I have to."

Edited by Lucina

As he picked up the near-unconscious civilian, he froze, aghast at the sight of Focus' actions. Expecting both heroes to emerge from a fight like that completely unharmed was unrealistic to the extreme, but he hadn't anticipated Focus' to remorselessly execute his fellow hero. 

He said nothing, simply dragged Flak down towards the water as quietly and cautiously as he could. He didn't want to draw undue attention to himself in an already-tense moment like this. 

IC Kat:

He didn't have a choice, really.

His initial shots hit dead on, scorching and boiling away what little Torso armor I had left.

He didn't get his other weapons fired however before I torched, no, liberally melted the entire three meter square area in his general direction. The missiles he would try to fire cooking off and exploding violently.

IC: Shade - Battle By The Water

Shade wasn't surprised when the hero he attacked turned around. He was slightly annoyed at the shield that had blocked anything from being damaged, but it was just a temporary problem.

Admittedly, Shade didn't know much about what had just occurred. What he did know, however, seemed enough.

1: Three heroes were fighting over a civilian.

2: Only one of the heroes was trying to defend the civilian.

3: No messages went out from mission control or anyone else regarding a rogue hero. Of course, seeing as both heroes had been fighting each other and neither one called for help, this didn't tell Shade much.

Either way, a hero was dead and no backup had been called or was being called for. The two heroes left alive needed to come in for questioning before Shade could just dismiss the ordeal out of hand. As it was, the strange one was taking the civilian back towards the water and Shade couldn't allow that.  With no obvious joints or weaknesses visible on the energy golem, Shade decided to make a grab for the civilian instead of tackling an opponent with unknown powers. He turned his quaza link off mid-run towards the civilian and attempted to wrestle him free from the strange one's grasp.

Edited by Vicarath

He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the sight of yet another stupid hero running headfirst into a situation he had no understanding of. He raised one of his hands, sending a bolt of crackling energy searing from his open palm as the other hero drew close, hoping to blast the attacker backwards and give himself time to get away with his quarry. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator