fishers64

IC: FOCUS [Outside]

Focus took his chance.

A dull sense of calm had overtaken him, and he stared at Echo - perhaps the only Hero he had managed to work well with in any capacity - emotionless. With the other Hero occupying themselves with Anamnesis, Focus knelt beside Echo and slowly, carefully, cut into his chest with the energy sword. He cut around the Hero's quaza core, loosening it enough to remove from the Hero's chest before standing again; Echo's core in his left hand.

Maybe Echo could be brought back. Maybe he could bring back an Echo that wasn't a slave to the every whim of Hero Factory.

He retreated towards Sharp, who was still where he had left her - shivering on the ground.

"Get up," he ordered tonelessly, nodding towards the ship. "We're leaving."

IC: Breaker

As I fire my missile, the large plasma blast approaches. It severely melts my armor. My lower right arm, plasma gun, and missile launcher are now non-functional, and three of my cores have taken serious damage. I shut down my upper left arm, as I now barely have enough power to support it, and stand ready.

OOC: so I have two functional cores still (the two central ones), and my mace arm and one of my sword arms still work.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

IC: Jason Ferro- Underground city

Jason noticed the hole in the wall, and approached it in order to get a closer look.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Dropship 479er

Well, this was just great. From Gorn's position, he was completely unable to even see his attacker, let alone shoot them. He anxiously awaited their return to his field of view, as he was starting to become antsy. Being trapped in a small metal box flying through space was beginning to get to him.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

As I fire my missile, the large plasma blast approaches. I mostly evade it due to my prior momentum, only taking minor heat damage, and continue circling around, whilst firing another volley of plasma blasts. "You had your shot, and you wasted it on a moving target. Last mistake, mate."

OOC: Ah, Luroka? I find this to be extremely hard to believe. Katherine just tried to fire a blast that was at least the size of a minivan. Even if you can reason for your momentum to avoid getting hit, the resulting explosion would definitely deal some major damage on you. Furthermore I don't know how hot plasma is, but I don't think you can walk away with minor heat damage. That's some lucky break if he did.

On a more peaceful note, where has the Flood/Furno team gone? I haven't been on in a while so Billade should be with them.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

ooc: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

NO. Okay. just no. First of all, A SUPER-SONIC PUNCH TO THE FACE would do a of a lot more than -crack- a helmet. That's practically the speed of an antitank round coming at your face with a lot more mass.

Secondly, three meters squared of nearly 1500 centigrade plasma, which was already melting the user of said plasma, would do a of a lot more than minor burns. Given that that area is roughly the size of  Humvee, I fail to see any way that he could have feasibly -dodged- a shot of that size at nearly point blank.

Play fair for once in your life for s sake.

As I fire my missile, the large plasma blast approaches. I mostly evade it due to my prior momentum, only taking minor heat damage, and continue circling around, whilst firing another volley of plasma blasts. "You had your shot, and you wasted it on a moving target. Last mistake, mate."

OOC: Ah, Luroka? I find this to be extremely hard to believe. Katherine just tried to fire a blast that was at least the size of a minivan. Even if you can reason for your momentum to avoid getting hit, the resulting explosion would definitely deal some major damage on you. Furthermore I don't know how hot plasma is, but I don't think you can walk away with minor heat damage. That's some lucky break if he did.

OOC: I would take heat damage, even as fast as breaker is moving, but plasma does not explode.

Ok I edited my post to reflect greater damage from the plasma.

Lynn, Kat was hovering in the air, whilst Breaker was on the ground running at full sprint, that is hardly point blank, and he would have been able to reasonably avoid taking the full brunt of the blast. On the other hand, in an earlier post I had fired a missile at point blank, and you somehow evaded that by saying you dropped Breaker. IMHO, that makes little sense.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

OOC: Thinking of making a villain for that, Lucina

ooh, please do, you'll have business very quickly if you do haha

ooc: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

NO. Okay. just no. First of all, A SUPER-SONIC PUNCH TO THE FACE would do a ###### of a lot more than -crack- a helmet. That's practically the speed of an antitank round coming at your face with a lot more mass.

Secondly, three meters squared of nearly 1500 centigrade plasma, which was already melting the user of said plasma, would do a ###### of a lot more than minor burns. Given that that area is roughly the size of  Humvee, I fail to see any way that he could have feasibly -dodged- a shot of that size at nearly point ###### blank.

Play fair for once in your life for ######s sake.

yo

let's chill out a little bit, eh

no need to be screaming and cursing up a storm, it's not gonna do anybody any good

• Upvote 2

OOC: In my opinion it's justified.

haha, no, it really isn't

you have to actively click that "post" button, which means you should also actively think about how you're presenting yourself

if you're [e: angry] over a misunderstanding, there are better ways to express that than random all-caps and numerous self-censoring pound symbols.

E: wow, I'm an idiot lol. Talking about pound symbols and BZP censored me :P

-1 points

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 3

OOC: Sure, let me just rephrase then.

Luroka. I would like to know how your character somehow defies simple laws of physics and thermodynamics, in regards to tanking a fist shaped super sonic velocity round to the face, and also not showing any visible damage from an insanely hot and highly dangerous three meter squared burst of plasma at nearly point blank. And I say point blank because kat didn't fly up and away, she jetted up a bit and swerved around. Her feet would have been just hanging over the head of the average hero.In sprinting -toward- Kat to fire off that missile, he would have to come even closer. At which point he would be dead center in the middle of a huge storm of plasma that was literally melting Katherine's armor off her body. on top of that, I've more or less realistically allowed several hits, and Kat is currently missing most of her torso armor because of them.

So please, by all means, elaborate.

Luroka. I would like to know how your character somehow defies simple laws of physics and thermodynamics, in regards to tanking a fist shaped super sonic velocity round to the face, and also not showing any visible damage from an insanely hot and highly dangerous three meter squared burst of plasma at nearly point blank. And I say point blank because kat didn't fly up and away, she jetted up a bit and swerved around. Her feet would have been just hanging over the head of the average hero.In sprinting -toward- Kat to fire off that missile, he would have to come even closer. At which point he would be dead center in the middle of a huge storm of plasma that was literally melting Katherine's armor off her body. on top of that, I've more or less realistically allowed several hits, and Kat is currently missing most of her torso armor because of them.

thanks fam

luroka, you're up

play nice, play fair, party hard :afro:

OOC: On a more positive note Project Hatchet has a hero creator.

Interesting. Is there a suspiciously convenient link that I might use to attain more information about this?

(and is it something that Focus would even know about?)

• Upvote 2

OOC: I doubt Focus would know about Project Hatchet's hero creator. They're pretty secretive and all, but Dane might be able to figure out something. Well, that, or I make that villain character.

It'll be useful to learn more OOC anyway; TBH Focus is gonna be looking for any way to try and bring Echo back that isn't Hero Factory that he can, so it's maaaaaybe possible that he might stumble upon something whilst investigating?

If your villain character is more widely known, however, and is actually made, he'd probably be the first choice due to convenience.

With regards to the punch, it was mainly due to the fact that, to me it felt like an auto-hit, because Kat held on to the mace.

As far as the plasma burst goes, I was operating under the assumption that she was significantly higher, under which circumstances it felt reasonable that Breaker would avoid serious damage. However, now that you have elaborated on the distance between Kat and Breaker, I can see that he does not reasonably avoid major damage. I will edit my post to reflect that.

bBhcfWO.png

OOC: The punch was in fact, not an auto hit. Grabbing the non damaging haft of a weapon to stop it from hitting you is hardly unfair play. I also never stated that the punch landed, nor what the effect of said punch would be. That said, that much force would be hard to just shrug off. Like on a human skull, that hit would likely explode the skull into tiny bone fragments. Now obviously we're made of metal in this game, but the point stands that there realistically should have been a -lot- more damage from that hit.

OOC: The punch was in fact, not an auto hit. Grabbing the non damaging haft of a weapon to stop it from hitting you is hardly unfair play. I also never stated that the punch landed, nor what the effect of said punch would be. That said, that much force would be hard to just shrug off. Like on a human skull, that hit would likely explode the skull into tiny bone fragments. Now obviously we're made of metal in this game, but the point stands that there realistically should have been a -lot- more damage from that hit.

If you want to be realistic, Breaker's head, and Kat's fist, would both shatter, because the amount of force Kat's fist exerts on Breaker's helmet with the momentum it had, is precisely equal to the amount of force Breaker's helmet exerts on Kat's hand. In any high speed collision between two objects of the same material, equal damage is sustained by both objects, regardless of the difference in momentum. And as far as the punch landing goes, there is no feasible way anyone would be able to dodge a point blank supersonic punch. In any case, I see no way you have thrusters that can boost a punch past mach one that aren't the size of jet engines.

bBhcfWO.png

Villain Profile: 
Name: Necrissia

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Has highly powerful technopathy that allows her to pick up on what the state of an object was prior to being damaged, so long as a good majority of it is still intact. She is then able to repair that object to that previous state, but only if she has the materials for it. She is also able to alter those objects if her understanding of them is good enough, but she able to quickly study and figure out most mechanical constructs with enough focus.

She also seems to have a knack for reading people and determining their weaknesses, although this has nothing to do with combat weaknesses.

Appearance: Necrissia is completely hidden by her black ghostly robes. She is taller than most heroes, and her body build is extremely slender. Her face, if she has one, is hidden in complete darkness, and that very darkness seems to radiate from her.

Bio: Rumored to be able to bring back the (mechanical) dead, Necrissia is in fact simply a very skilled technopath. She can how ever revive those that would otherwise be impossible to bring back, and it is rumored that she has even brought a hero back from death at one point. These rumors have lingered in the darker parts of galactic society, and anyone interested in her services will realize that finding her is the easy part.

Bringing someone back from the dead has a cost. This cost can vary from person to person, but Necrissia seems to have a knack for determining what hits the hardest in each case.

Location: Mechna - Run-down housing in the shadier (yes yes, I know) parts of the planet's settlements, hiding the entrance to her underground ritualistically decorated lair.

Edited by Toa Onaku
  • Upvote 1

They essentially -are- jet engines. the fastest human punch was clocked at 44 miles per hour. That's a trained proffesional with no boosted abilities. 44 miles per hour is already so fast witha small space that it would be nigh impossible to dodge. We play as robots who can already punch much faster, simply due to the fact that they are robots. They can simply accelerate their bodies faster in less time. that added with Kat's numerous plasma jet thrusters would equate to in insanely fast, and very damaging hit.

Now obviously she can't do these in rapid succession, since it's pretty power intensive.

You make a fair point about the force going both ways however, and it's something I completely over looked.

IC: Splint - Villain Lockup

Splint jumped to the side and rolled away to try and avoid the attack. He got back up to find that the villain had turned around and was now attempting to take down Kat. The rookie was yelling at him to take cover, and he complied, running behind the nearest cell. Peering out from behind the corner, he observed that her scarlet armor was melting off her arms and and forming puddles on the floor. Please don't get yourself killed. Again.

He moved back behind the cell. A bright flash went off, following by the hiss of rapidly melting metal.

~Unit#phntk#1

OOC: So, assuming Echo does somehow get resurrected... Which of us plays Echo Reborn?  :P

IC: Alex Drift - Still Stuck In A Wall

Drift continued to tug on his fingers. They continued to be stuck. He called out to see if he could get any help. "Hey! Anybody? Need some help over here!"

IC: Cobra Shard - Lemme Help You With That Pal

Shard, who had just emerged from the basement level after a long and exhausting climb, heard the pilot's cry and ran swiftly to his aid. "Hang on a sec, buddy; I'll get you out in no time!" The rookie proceeded to coat Drift's hands in coolant and break his arms off at the wrist.

IC: Alex Drift - ...

Drift stared at his arms. He had no hands. 

"Dude."

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Shade - Battle By The Water

This was the only time Shade had been genuinely surprised. Ever. The possibility of something being able to detect him had never entered any logical equation he had ever manipulated. Anamnesis's blasts threw Shade backward into a heap. As he picked himself up off the ground, Shade reassessed the situation after throwing in the energy being's ability to see Shade into the equation. It didn't look good. A being made up of pure energy (except the core) that could detect Shade could theoretically be almost impervious to anything Shade could possibly throw at it. There was only one thing left to try: Attack the core and hope something didn't go horribly wrong.

Shade turned the link back on, put his blades together, and unleashed a giant quaza blast at Anamnesis's core which instantly dropped his own total power level by 20%.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: I'm sorry if I missed something, but what ship did Focus just climb into?

the one your character came out of here... although now I'm realizing that the vessel itself is cloaked. I'll edit my post.

IC: FOCUS [Outside]

Focus led Sharp back towards Hero Factory.

He needed a ship.

Edited by Lucina

IC Shade - Battle By The Water

Shade turned the link back on, put his blades together, and unleashed a giant quaza blast at Anamnesis's core which instantly dropped his own total power level by 20%.

IC: Anamnesis - Outside Hero Factory. 

Sensing a power surge of some kind coming from the cloaked hero, Anamnesis repeated the tactic he'd employed against Echo earlier - he moved Flak into the way of the oncoming attack. Of course, having already suffered several instances of severe damage to his torso, the civilian's barely-conscious body didn't make for the best of shields.

Mercifully, the civilian died instantly. 

Anamnesis was flung backwards by the blast, pieces of Flak's shredded remains bouncing and ricocheting past him. He'd been literally torn apart, just as Anamnesis had promised, albeit somewhat faster than what the villain had intended. Although disappointed that he'd been deprived of the opportunity to kill Flak a little more... thoroughly... he knew better than to lie around lamenting that fact.

He stumbled to his feet, his power supply dwindling somewhat as he reformed his injuries out of existence. "Your precious factory burns, hero," he spat, beginning to walk backwards towards the water once more, "And you waste your time chasing me?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

SHIP PROFILE

SHIP PROFILE: The Kestrel [Appearance]

Ship Size: Medium

Pilots: Matteo Focus 

NPCs onboard: Civilian worker Tina Jones (Weapons + Technician) and soon to be civilian worker Emily Sharp (Technician/Prisoner)

Communications Systems: Only communication channels right now are with Hero Factory, but if the Kestrel picks up a signal from someone else, a new communication channel can be established. 

Navigation and Drive: Full access to Hero Factory star maps. Piloted from a cockpit at the front of the ship. Rather than specific battle stations, there is instead a single room in the ship where all weaponry can be controlled.  

Weapons Systems/Armor: Four “burst laser” cannons – two on either side of the ship. These cannons fire three laser blasts in rapid succession before requiring a short cooldown time. Also armed with a homing missile cannon; this requires a much longer cooldown period after each shot.

The ship is protected by an energy shield capable of deflecting most attacks, although if put under too much stress the shield will flicker, possibly allowing for rapid fire attacks to push through. If the shield generator unit is destroyed, the shield will (obviously) cease to function until repairs are complete.

Due to the viability of the shield, the Kestrel’s armor is lighter than most ships – which makes it extra vulnerable to damage if the shield goes down. It is also compatible with a cloaking upgrade, but… Focus may have taken the ship before this device could be installed. 

Propulsion Systems: The Kestrel contains an FTL drive allowing the ship to travel great distances in a short amount of time; however, after each use the FTL drive must recharge, a process that can take anywhere from a few hours to a day.

It is mainly powered by two large thrusters at the rear of the ship; as such the Kestrel is best at moving in a straight line, but in a pinch can easily “sidestep” thanks to three smaller thrusters on either side of the ship. Turning it around completely is a bit of a hassle.  

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): Yes to planets, and yes to most asteroids if they are large enough; however, smaller asteroids (particularly within asteroid fields) are a dangerous threat, as they are known to quickly overload the shield through bombardment.

IC: Nimius Ardor

The powerful hero had exited the dropship as soon as it had landed, and headed straight to villain lockup to help contain the situation. Turning the corner, he bore witness to Kat's last ditch attack, melting her own arms down to what seemed to be a heat resistant skeleton as she blasted the villain opposing her with awesome amounts of plasma. Nimius, as rare as it tended to be, was a little impressed.

Name: Isaac Rider

Powers and abilities: Minor healing, he can regenerate some of the metal lost if shot, and repair limbs if the detached limb is good shape. He is also relatively nimble.

Weapons: Stun gun, and a flying sentry drone he named "Claws". The drone is equipped with a small gatling gun, and two small claws which can extend to pick up cargo or reload.

Appearance: Relatively small, with an evo style helmet. He has a dark green camo color scheme, and yellow eyes and core.

Bio/Personality: Claws was assigned to Isaac as soon as he was "born" as a partner to help the usually shy rookie to fend for himself and let him focus on healing teammates. As a person, Isaac is kind, if timid, and enjoys helping out his teammates rather than harming others. He considers Claws his best friend.

Approved.

Name: Isaac Rider

Powers and abilities: Minor healing, he can regenerate some of the metal lost if shot, and repair limbs if the detached limb is good shape. He is also relatively nimble.

Weapons: Stun gun, and a flying sentry drone he named "Claws". The drone is equipped with a small gatling gun, and two small claws which can extend to pick up cargo or reload.

Appearance: Relatively small, with an evo style helmet. He has a dark green camo color scheme, and yellow eyes and core.

Bio/Personality: Claws was assigned to Isaac as soon as he was "born" as a partner to help the usually shy rookie to fend for himself and let him focus on healing teammates. As a person, Isaac is kind, if timid, and enjoys helping out his teammates rather than harming others. He considers Claws his best friend.

Approved.

is the Kestrel good to go too?

(FTL FTW)

Edited by Lucina

OOC: I doubt Focus would know about Project Hatchet's hero creator. They're pretty secretive and all, but Dane might be able to figure out something. Well, that, or I make that villain character.

It'll be useful to learn more OOC anyway; TBH Focus is gonna be looking for any way to try and bring Echo back that isn't Hero Factory that he can, so it's maaaaaybe possible that he might stumble upon something whilst investigating?

If your villain character is more widely known, however, and is actually made, he'd probably be the first choice due to convenience.

OOC: Traferous has an hero assembly tower as well on his ship. I'm not sure if you could get him to help Focus - he probably has mixed feelings over rogue heroes given his past, but possible.

Villain Profile:

Name: Necrissia

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Has highly powerful technopathy that allows her to pick up on what the state of an object was prior to being damaged, so long as a good majority of it is still intact. She is then able to repair that object to that previous state, but only if she has the materials for it. She is also able to alter those objects if her understanding of them is good enough, but she able to quickly study and figure out most mechanical constructs with enough focus.

She also seems to have a knack for reading people and determining their weaknesses, although this has nothing to do with combat weaknesses.

Appearance: Necrissia is completely hidden by her black ghostly robes. She is taller than most heroes, and her body build is extremely slender. Her face, if she has one, is hidden in complete darkness, and that very darkness seems to radiate from her.

Bio: Rumored to be able to bring back the (mechanical) dead, Necrissia is in fact simply a very skilled technopath. She can how ever revive those that would otherwise be impossible to bring back, and it is rumored that she has even brought a hero back from death at one point. These rumors have lingered in the darker parts of galactic society, and anyone interested in her services will realize that finding her is the easy part.

Bringing someone back from the dead has a cost. This cost can vary from person to person, but Necrissia seems to have a knack for determining what hits the hardest in each case.

Location: Antropolis City - Underground Lair connecting to sewer system, as well as underground tunnels.

Approved.

SHIP PROFILE

SHIP PROFILE: The Kestrel [Appearance]

Ship Size: Medium

Pilots: Matteo Focus

NPCs onboard: Civilian worker Tina Jones (Weapons + Technician) and soon to be civilian worker Emily Sharp (Technician/Prisoner)

Communications Systems: Only communication channels right now are with Hero Factory, but if the Kestrel picks up a signal from someone else, a new communication channel can be established.

Navigation and Drive: Full access to Hero Factory star maps. Piloted from a cockpit at the front of the ship. Rather than specific battle stations, there is instead a single room in the ship where all weaponry can be controlled.

Weapons Systems/Armor: Four “burst laser” cannons – two on either side of the ship. These cannons fire three laser blasts in rapid succession before requiring a short cooldown time. Also armed with a homing missile cannon; this requires a much longer cooldown period after each shot.

The ship is protected by an energy shield capable of deflecting most attacks, although if put under too much stress the shield will flicker, possibly allowing for rapid fire attacks to push through. If the shield generator unit is destroyed, the shield will (obviously) cease to function until repairs are complete.

Due to the viability of the shield, the Kestrel’s armor is lighter than most ships – which makes it extra vulnerable to damage if the shield goes down. It is also compatible with a cloaking upgrade, but… Focus may have taken the ship before this device could be installed.

Propulsion Systems: The Kestrel contains an FTL drive allowing the ship to travel great distances in a short amount of time; however, after each use the FTL drive must recharge, a process that can take anywhere from a few hours to a day.

It is mainly powered by two large thrusters at the rear of the ship; as such the Kestrel is best at moving in a straight line, but in a pinch can easily “sidestep” thanks to three smaller thrusters on either side of the ship. Turning it around completely is a bit of a hassle.

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): Yes to planets, and yes to most asteroids if they are large enough; however, smaller asteroids (particularly within asteroid fields) are a dangerous threat, as they are known to quickly overload the shield through bombardment.

Approved.

GM NPC JAWBLADE

Jawblade could have cut his levitation power to dodge the Hero's grab for his tail. But since the Hero was headed right for where he wanted to go, and faster too, he decided to let himself be grabbed and carried through the hole.

---------------------------------

IMPORTANT

OOC: Finally, the following posts are nulled:

IC Kathrine:

Checkmate.

Every villain has a moment where they think they have the upper hand, make a big bold move, thinking there's no way the poor Hero can do anything.

And that's usually when we do our jobs the best.

So here's this guy leaping into the air. The air. You know, the place where I basically make a living being fabulously effective at flying.

So, mace, right? I mean sure against a smaller hero like myself, it makes sense on the surface. except for the part where I have thrusters in almost every part of my body. Stopping a big weapon like that? Child's play, grab the haft, quick application of thrust to negate it's momentum, and adjustment of my lift thrusters to keep myself and him airborne for just a fraction of a second.

Cause you see, thrusters not only increase my strength, but also my speed. While I couldn't quite fly at supersonic speeds, my fist? Oh, you betcha.

With a surge of plasma erupting from hardpoints on my forearm, my fist rockets forward in a blur that let's off a sharp crack as it breaks the sound barrier, headed straight for Breakers F A C E.

KAT's "supersonic" punch is not allowed, seeing as that character cannot move at superspeed, as per her own profile.

LUROKA's assertion that multiple cores increase mental capacity is invalid. His response to the punch is valid, seeing as the punch is NOT moving at supersonic speed. His response to the burns has been edited appropriately, and remains unaffected.

However, you should consider this a warning not to play characters in an OP manner. If you see some other player acting OP, do not respond in a similarly OP manner. Instead, talk to the player OOC or me. If you continue to play in an OP manner, you will be removed from the game. That goes for both of you.

Sorry that it took me so long to get back here.

-----------------------

OOC: Zippy, chirox, I need to check whether KQ put a time delay into that detonator. I'll check that: momentarily.

(Obviously 78 wouldn't know about the time delay if there was one, so...)

EDIT: I looked it up. KQ's post nulled. Why would he build a time delay into the detonator, seeing as it was supposed to be a remote?

I mean, he might be able to hear 78 catch the remote and ditch the bomb belt before she hit the button, but why would he expect that? Maybe he thought one of the heroes caught it?

Edited by fishers64