fishers64

OOC: I was working under the assumption Gyro had released Jawblade already, but forgot to mention that. Oops. No change needed, though, I'll play along.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Hero Factory

Gyro released the shark. "Oops, sorry. Guess I'm still a bit on the fritz."

At the green villain's comment, he said, "I offer you a chance to not have your prison time extended, and you call me a loser? Sheesh, the nerve of some people."

He paused at a sound up the hallway. Instantly, his blades snapped into position. "Aw, jeez."

Faced with the oncoming squad of creatures, he glanced to the villains with him, blades powering up already. "Get back in villain containment, see if you can convince a few Heroes to come my way. I'll try to hold 'em back."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM NPC SURGE, ROCKA, NEX

The two Heroes ran to Mission Control and began blasting at the Destroyers. Nex was already there, blasting Plasma and lasering the creatures, but he soon found that doing so was causing even more destruction. He opened a channel to Cobra Shard directly. 

"This is Nex. I don't care what in Mr. Makuro's name you're doing right now, you need to get up to Mission Control RIGHT NOW. I need your ice powers to protect these computers from the Destroyers, RIGHT NOW. Get up here."

IC: Ken Render - Holy Smokes This Is Not A Good Day

He hesitated. An injured Hero in villain lockup would need help, but an attack on Mission Control would probably need a lot of backup, too. While still continuing in a direction that would take them closer to either destination, he asked his companion, "How do you feel about splitting up, pardner? You help the injured Hero, and-"

A Hero ran by from the direction of villain lockup, carrying another Hero who was missing armour. Render moved the wire he was chewing on to the other side of his mouth. "... Never mind. Mission Control it is, kid. Hopefully there'll be no horseplay involved this time."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: FOCUS [Outside]

The Kestrel was a sight for sore eyes as it flew in, landing a few feet away from Focus and Sharp.

"Get on board," Focus ordered.

The frightened technician did as he said, hurrying onto the ship as the doors opened; Focus followed warily, holding his shield up to protect himself from any projectiles.

But nobody came.

The doors closed behind him, and the ship's radio crackled to life.

"Mission Control is under attack right now," Tina was saying. "You sure you don't want to go and redeem yourself?"

"There are other Heroes," Focus replied, joining her in the cockpit. "Besides, as soon as the problem was resolved I'd be taken into custody - protocol."

"So what now, then?"

He showed her Echo's core. "I need to get this to somebody who might be able to bring him back. Someone who isn't a part of Hero Factory. He needs to be freed from their mindless control. Can you man the guns?"

She looked at him for a long moment before nodding. "Very well. But we will be talking about this later."

"Of course."

The Kestrel began to rise into the air, as Focus set them on a course that would take them into empty space. As the ship's shield activated, he began charging the FTL drive....

IC: Anamnesis - Makuhero City.

Emerging from the water, he took on a more solid, civilian-esque form, and started making his way along the near-empty streets. Although he'd briefly considered fleeing the asteroid, he was now thinking it would be more interesting to stick around, and wait to see what became of Hero Factory if or when this battle was resolved...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC CORRODER

Corroder ignored Gyro's directions and instead began firing corrosive acid at the Destroyers. This wasn't because Corroder was feeling helpful - rather, because Gyro wasn't attacking and Corroder didn't want to be boiled alive. "Stupid Heroes," she grumbled, assuming that the lava bugs were a rogue creation of theirs. 

GM NPC JAWBLADE

"Thanks man," Jawblade said. "Name's Jawblade, by the way." He then worked his way back into Villain Containment, glad to get away from the lava-shooting bugs.

OOC: Destroyer IC soon. 

IC: Jason Ferro- Underground city

"No generators here, Flood. Only creepy stalagmite houses. And crystal cameras, for some reason."

Ferro reached into the hole containing the crystal, attempting to grab hold of it and see if it was connected to any sort of machinery...

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Pod Bay.

His work complete, Markus put his detonator down out of the way and got to working reprogramming the autopilot. A half-dozen different warning messages cropped up, which he promptly ignored, deactivating failsafes and overriding protocols.

He didn't have time for safety...

Edited by Festive Australovenator

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I think Echo would have already scrambled it already during the Amensis incident when he cut his own live feed to Mission Control there. Echo might have descrambled his own feed without messing with Focus'. Or Focus could have scrambled it before he started IC - he seems like the type to do that and not want Mission Control meddling into his business.

If that is acceptable, I can edit Zib's post to reflect that...but Shade also saw that last strike too. I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter - either way, they know. (Echo might have been sending information as well, but I have an IC excuse for him cutting off that feed.)

I'm trying to think of where I would have put that information in the first post. I'll look into it. 

The following information has been added to the first post: 

------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: All hero characters, unless specifically noted IC, have a feed from their optical sensors to Mission Control. This allows Zib to provide guidance and direction to Hero Characters, track their locations, and contact Zib and Mission Control for help. 

Characters can scramble these signals IC if they wish Mission Control not be apprised of a certain event, or if they want to go rogue or off the grid. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Villain Profile:

Name: Breaker

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Two hardlight swords, a depleted uranium mace, missile launchers, rapid fire plasma cannon, A prototype of the hero visors with access to the Hero Factory's network (He knows basic information about what the heroes are doing. During a mission, He knows their objectives and what they know.)

Appearance: http://imgur.com/a/2Un2V

Bio: Breaker was the first multi-core prototype hero, but was deemed too unstable to be a hero, and was held within the assembly tower (Mr. Makuro later came to regret that idea). During the events of Voltix's breakout, he equipped himself with as much prototype tech as he could find, as well as an extra pair of arms, heavier armor, and more cores to power it all, and escaped.

OOC: Taking this update into account, does that mean Breaker's visor could hypothetically patch him into said feed, allowing him to potentially avoid an attack by seeing it happen through the eyes of almost every Hero he goes up against? 

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: I'm no expert, but I doubt it. Seems like it would be incredibly OP, and ridiculously abusable.

That said, the opposite situation might be true. Since Breaker himself is a Hero, wouldn't that mean both his visual feed and core trackers are still functional? He'd have to be putting effort and power into scrambling the signals at all times just to avoid being located by Hero Factory. 

OOC: I'm no expert, but I doubt it. Seems like it would be incredibly OP, and ridiculously abusable.

That said, the opposite situation might be true. Since Breaker himself is a Hero, wouldn't that mean both his visual feed and core trackers are still functional? He'd have to be putting effort and power into scrambling the signals at all times just to avoid being located by Hero Factory. 

OOC: No, "basic information" does not include that detailed a feed. Besides, having all of that in his head would likely be too much for his brain and drive him insane. And the communication feed for that is so extensive that it takes the Mission Control to separate it out by individual Hero, leaving it impractical to intercept. 

GM IC DESTROYERS - 15 - NEAR CORRODER, GYRO

Surprisingly, Corroder's attacks actually worked, the acid dissolving some of the creatures into puddles of lava. They moved away from Corroder, trying to going to go around Gyro toward the hole, using him as a meat shield.

GM IC JASON FERRO

Jason would find that the crystal was too big to grab ahold of. His fingers brushed over the smooth surface of the crystal. 

GM NPC ZIB

"We need the pieces," Zib said to Flood. "We also need the two turbines in the water below you."

IC: The Creator - Hero Factory.

Stepping out of the elevator into what he assumed to be one of the upper floors, he started moving along the corridor, checking doors as he passed. After all the chaos that had been occurring earlier, the entire building seemed strangely quiet now...

IC: Cobra Shard - Hero Factory

Shard's torrent of frozen destruction was interrupted by... where had he heard that voice before?

Nex?! The Alpha Team Hero guy?! He, a rookie, was actually being asked for help by an Alpha Hero?! AWESOME! 

"I- I'll be there in a sec!" He gleefully whirled away from the battle in Villain Storage...

And banged his face into a pole. Cursing and spluttering, he took off towards Mission Control.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Makuhero Skies (Cor Solis)

Bliss realigned his ship with one of the Brain Master's hangars and once again attempted to blast his way inside the bigger vessel.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: The logic for Shade's knowing Focus's rogue status seems fairly simple to me. A hero doesn't just let somebody carry a civilian off into the water. When that somebody is challenged and they use that civilian as a shield, that marks them as a villain. Shade was there long enough to see Focus kill Echo. He also saw that Focus didn't ever raise a finger in defense of the civilian being carried off. While none of the pieces themselves necessarily indicate that Focus was rogue 100%, I believe hindsight puts the full puzzle together and finds that conclusion. As to the ship finding them right away, it's a very very fast ship built for interplanetary travel.

IC: Shade - Outside Hero Factory

Shade walked in through the front doors and looked around.

IC: The Scalpel

Evidently, no opportunity to capture an image or fire a shot off at the offending hero had presented itself. Most of Silke's directives were now unattainable as shooting at Focus's ship would put the civilian in danger and taking a picture of the pair together was impossible. Silke still had one order she could still follow, however: Follow. The Scalpel began to tail Focus's ship at a safe distance while at the same time projecting it's coordinates directly to Zib's desk.

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: I will say, apart from the Hero camera feed, in Episode 3: The Enemy Within, it's shown that Heroes have some kind of GPS tracking device. Also in that episode, it's shown that Heroes can't scramble it themselves automatically (in that it's not an inbuilt function), but some learn how.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Magic Crystal Room

"Oh!" Flood glanced at the mangled wreckage. "Well, that simplifies matters! Thank you!"

He called Ferro. "If there's nothing down there that relates to the mission, perhaps it might be wise to leave it to a later time. There are turbines below me, and I believe I've found a path to them!"

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Hero Factory

Gyro dodged backwards, feet barely touching the ground, and snatched his blaster from his belt. He didn't think it would be a particularly good idea to get in close with his blades, so he gave up ground so he could fire upon the lava creatures. He shot at them as they came close.

He glanced to his companion with a grin. "Aw, and here I was thinking we weren't friends."

IC: Titanos Forticus

The gentle giant groaned at the idea of having to fight more.

IC: Nimius Ardor

Nimius leapt backwards, out of the way of Breaker's weapons. "You're at a severe disadvantage, villain. The hero you fought earlier has clearly damaged your head as well if you think you can take me on. Now, why don't you beg me to arrest you, and I'll consider not destroying you?"

Edited by Toa Onaku

Nimius swiftly turned around, parrying Breaker's sword thrust, and in the same motion, swiftly stepped forward to close the gap between himself and his opponent, setting off a massive fiery explosion right into Breaker's face with his free hand.

IC: Breaker

The explosion sends me flying backwards and melts most of the armor on my chest. I stand up, and stalk over to Nimius. "That's quite enough out of you." as I reach Nimius, I leap forward to him and swing my mace and sword in opposing directions.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

OOC: Zippy, chirox, I need to check whether KQ put a time delay into that detonator. I'll check that: momentarily.

(Obviously 78 wouldn't know about the time delay if there was one, so...)

EDIT: I looked it up. KQ's post nulled. Why would he build a time delay into the detonator, seeing as it was supposed to be a remote?

I mean, he might be able to hear 78 catch the remote and ditch the bomb belt before she hit the button, but why would he expect that? Maybe he thought one of the heroes caught it?

OOC: Not another mess. Well I never specified how long it would take for bombs to explode once the detonator was pressed. But then again the bombs worked like clockwork so I guess it couldn't be that much time. I just can't really think of a solution to the situation as he'll get blown to pieces. Unless someone has a device to stop the signal.

It's time to move on.

OOC: One of the immediate solutions to the exploding issue without exploding Kavok Quake is to have him already run out of bombs- maybe he was planning for East 78 to threaten the others with it, but she ruined the ruse too early. Does that work for you?

"And... done," he grinned, stepping away from his masterpiece, "Hey?" he opened up a comms channel to Mission Control, "Could you please advise our pilots to get as far away from the organic ship as possible? Things are about to get a little... explodey." 

IC: Isaac Rider

Isaac turned on his comms. "Medical help incoming...anyone need any healing?" 

OOC: Still looking for interaction

OOC: Did any NPC medbots survive the intangibility incident? Drift's going to have a very frustrating experience trying to start a repair bay with no hands.

OOC: A bunch of them did, because that floor was only one up from the ground floor. However, they haven't got back in there yet, because of the way Splint locked it down. He might be able to hit a call button, though, or Mission Control could summon them back in. In fact, let's just do that now.

GM NPC ZIB

"All medical bay personnel, report to the medical bay immediately for Hero repairs. I repeat, all medical personnel report to the medical bay."

OOC: There you go.

IC: Jonathan Splint - Carrying Kat to the medbay

Kat opened her eyes and started to move a little. "Relax. We're just about here." He walked up to the outer door of the medical bay. One of the bots inside opened it for him, shut it once he was through, then opened the inner door. The medic walked over to a bed and gently set the rookie down on it. He plugged a charging cable into her core, then set about diagnosing her condition for the second time in an hour and a half.

~Unit#phntk#1

GM NPC ZIB

"Okay," Zib said to Vex, opening a channel to Bliss and Buckley. "We've got bombs incoming to the organic ship, so you need to stay away from it for a little bit."

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

"Teleport!" the Brain Master shouted at his ship. The ship got out of the way of Bliss' motion, and tried to fire its laser at Bliss' ship from behind, aiming for the engines.  

GM IC DESTROYERS - 9 - NEAR CORRODER, GYRO

Some of the Destroyers blasted lava at Corroder and Gyro, but mostly they seemed obsessed with the hole Corroder had made, enlarging it. 

GM NPC CORRODER

"I am not your friend." 

GM NPC JAWBLADE

Jawblade nervously approached the Breaker/Nimus fight, until he saw Riot standing around. "Hey, hero, there's a bunch of lava bugs out that hole and there's some Hero named Timothy Gyro who needs help." Yeah, I don't look like a Hero. Talk to my probation officer. 

Edited by fishers64

GM IC DESTROYERS - 9 - W/ SURGE, ROCKA, NEX

The group of Alpha Team heroes were successfully holding off the Destroyers in Mission Control, but they were making a wreck of the place, destroying several of the analytic computers and the databases. Destroying the destroyers just seemed to increase the damage, but they had no choice. 

GM NPC NEX

"Cobra Shard, hurry!"

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer landed the dropship in the hangar using a failsafe override code and sprinted up the stairs, ignoring the dead bot limbs. "Zib, Stormer here, I'm heading to Mission Control."

He burst onto Mission Control floor, and immediately fired ice at a Destroyer. "Forgot about me, Nex?"

GM NPC JAWBLADE

"Fight that guy?" Jawblade said, sizing up the Omega Team Hero. "No way. My mother taught me better than that, thank you." 

• Upvote 1

IC: FOCUS [space?]

As the Kestrel broke the atmosphere of Makuhero City and entered open space, Focus dropped his head into his hands, shaking it in a useless attempt to clear his mind of the conflicting emotions he was feeling.

On the one hand, he felt immeasurably free, as though shackles had been removed from his wrists, as though a huge weight had been taken off of his chest.

On the other hand... he had murdered Echo. The one Hero at Hero Factory that he had managed to make any sort of acquaintance with. Perhaps the other Hero had not fully understood his method of thinking, but he had at least tried to become a friend of Focus... and that had to count for something, right? He had killed his only friend in cold blood.

Was he just a mistake?

Just a glitch in the system?

In fighting against becoming a mindless drone for Hero Factory, had he instead become a mindless killer himself?

• Upvote 2

IC: Jason Ferro- Underground city

"Right. I guess we got a bit sidetracked with all the weird stuff down here. Hang on, I'll be with you in a second."

With that, Ferro left the cavern and began making his way to Flood's location, making a mental note to return to the city sometime in the future.

OOC: Lynn, I don't want to sound rude, but Toa Onaku last posted as Var attacking Jade's ship a few pages ago, and you haven't replied. The activity in the RPG has increased quite a bit since the new mission kicked off, so you might have missed it.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: I did forget in the rush of post, thank for reminder!

IC Jade Riley:

"Oh, it's gonna be like that, is it?"

She twisted the ship on it's longest axis from nose to tail, Firing right back while the targetting system acquired missile lock.

More plating lost to minor damage.

OOC: 

OOC: Zippy, chirox, I need to check whether KQ put a time delay into that detonator. I'll check that: momentarily.

(Obviously 78 wouldn't know about the time delay if there was one, so...)

EDIT: I looked it up. KQ's post nulled. Why would he build a time delay into the detonator, seeing as it was supposed to be a remote?

I mean, he might be able to hear 78 catch the remote and ditch the bomb belt before she hit the button, but why would he expect that? Maybe he thought one of the heroes caught it?

OOC: Not another mess. Well I never specified how long it would take for bombs to explode once the detonator was pressed. But then again the bombs worked like clockwork so I guess it couldn't be that much time. I just can't really think of a solution to the situation as he'll get blown to pieces. Unless someone has a device to stop the signal.

OOC: One of the immediate solutions to the exploding issue without exploding Kavok Quake is to have him already run out of bombs- maybe he was planning for East 78 to threaten the others with it, but she ruined the ruse too early. Does that work for you?

OOC: Alright, this is getting too annoying. I think, if Zippy agrees, I'll just roll with KQ's earlier IC in the interest of not auto-killing and just getting that whole situation to MOVE. 

IC: Riot - Villain Storage

And now the Rookie was out of action, and the metal behemouth was combating another Hero.

What the Slag is wrong with me...?

The first time he had simply ignored it, shrugging it off as minor disorientation from bouncing his noggin off of a nearby crate during his dodge of the villain's strikes, but now that it had happened twice, this was starting to concern him. It wasn't as if he was blacking out or anything; he was still very much aware of his surroundings while it was happening, but it seemed like just as he was about to make a move, time would suddenly speed up on him before his very eyes, allowing the situation to resume before he could even manage to execute an attack.

Then, just as if things couldn't get any worse, his vision began to blur...

Feeling that he shouldn't be flying like this, Riot quickly attempted to land, only to reach out towards a nearby cell in order to prevent himself from falling over. He was barely listening as Jawblade of all people had approached him about another Hero needing assistance, instead desperately trying to regain his focus so he could rejoin the battle at hand.

Because as of right now, he was a sitting duck, and if he couldn't regain control of himself soon, he was as good as dead.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Makuhero Skies (Cor Solis)

"Roger that," Bliss responded with a grimace as one of his three thrusters was violently obliterated. Adjusting his wings to account for the loss, he immediately wheeled the Cor Solis around and headed back towards the Factory.

IC: Cobra Shard - Finally At Mission Control

Shard stumbled in and began yelling wildly and blasting ice everywhere.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Nimius had easily dodged Breaker's horridly obvious attack. When Jawblade spoke up, he smiled. "Shark guy's got the right idea. C'mon, I'll give you one more chance to beg, and then I'll be forced to destroy you. What'll it be? Survival in a holding cell or annihilation?" As if to make a point, Nimius started to make an intense jet of concentrated fire out of his free hand, increasing its intensity until it was starting to boil the floor next to him, with the jet itself glowing almost white. It looked almost like a blowtorch on the highest setting, but clearly much more deadly.

Edited by Toa Onaku

"Alright, time for launch!" he snatched up his detonator and stepped away from the hero pod. "In three, two, one, fire!" The pod was launched back out of the assembly tower, accelerating quickly towards the asteroid's atmosphere before adjusting its trajectory. 

Markus knew that what he'd done to the pod had probably violated every safety regulation in existence, but he was black ops, he didn't really care. The pod was set on autopilot, it's destination - the Brain Master's ship. But Markus altered a few of the other settings. Instead of slowing down as it approached its landing site, the pod was reprogrammed to accelerate, essentially turning it into a torpedo that would, he hoped, punch a nice big hole straight through the giant fleshy ship. 

And if the pod did manage to make its way inside the enemy vessel, Markus would press the button on his detonator, causing the C4 he'd planted inside the pod to explode, thus igniting the fresh fuel cells he'd packed in there. 

If that wasn't enough to blow the attacking ship out of the sky, he wasn't sure what was. This... could be messy...