fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City Police Station.

"Kid?" he growled gravely, glowering at the other hero. "Really?"

After everything he'd just put himself through - heading to this planet to back up the other heroes, flying from one end of the city to the other and back again cleaning up explosions, and now getting beaten half to death while colossally failing to apprehend yet another villain - he really wasn't in the mood to be talked down to by a hero who hadn't even been around for any of it. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Alright guys, Fishers said that she'd consider approving this villain based on how you guys respond to it.

Villain Profile: 

Name: Infernis the Burning
DXDTHDUm.png
Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: 

Infernis has extreme heat-resistance, to the point that even Nimius couldn't harm them with his flames, or even survive the same temperatures as them. Also helping their resistance, although not the cause of it, is Infernis' ability to absorb heat. They can do this very easily, and can then re-distribute the heat in the form of pure thermal energy blasts, which can tear right through most things that aren't resistant to heat or energy. Even Nimius will find it difficult to take many blasts from Infernis. They are also extremely strong, and they only grow stronger the more heat they absorb.

They cannot absorb an infinite amount of heat, and eventually Infernis automatically starts emanating the heat from themself. How ever, if one were to supply enough heat at a short enough time-span, without allowing Infernis to get rid of the energy, it could overload them, and destroy them, but this feat is both extremely difficult and unknown to anyone to be possible.

As one can imagine, the Infernis is extremely weak to cold, and cold based attacks will severely slow down and weaken them, before eventually killing them once their body temperature reaches room temperature. They are also not in any special way resistant to most physical attacks, although they are somewhat resistant to blunt force. They are how ever quite nimble for a being their size, so while they may not be able to take a lot of hits, they instead have the option to dodge them altogether.

Appearance: Infernis is extremely tall, almost as tall as Titanos, although not very bulky. Instead, Infernis is spindly, yet very well armored, with jagged spikes protruding from various places to form a very imposing being. Their armour is scorched black, with red hot metal making up the robotics underneath.

Bio: Infernis is the highest lieutenant of a force of nature known as Sarterus the Sunslayer. Nobody truly knows where that terrifying being came from. Some theorize that it is an ancient fire demon from the old world, here to wreak havoc upon the universe, while others suggest that it might simply be an experiment gone wrong. Sarterus has gained its moniker through exactly what it says: Destroying the stars of various solar systems. Through this, it has killed billions upon billions of beings, and is ranked as one of the most terrifyingly evil beings in the galactic neighborhood. 

Infernis came into service of the great and terrifying Sarterus through their shared fascination with solar destruction and the burning of worlds, with Infernis having proven a valuable resource to Sarterus as a representative, spreading the word of this great and terrifying being so that all may prepare themselves for their inevitable demise. They have also proven valuable in thwarting various plans to destroy Sarterus, and to that end they have gained the everlasting favor of the Sunslayer.

They now approach Hero Factory, their mission to spread fear and terror into the hearts of the heroes and make them realize that they will soon become one with the cosmic ashes in the destructive trail of Sarterus.

---

SHIP PROFILE: Darkspot

Ship Size: Medium 

Communications Systems: None

Navigation and Drive: This vessel responds to Infernis' mental commands.

Weapons Systems/Armor: The ship can withstand almost any energy attack that is somewhat related to thermal energy, and is very resistant to physical beating. It is weak to cold based attacks, as it is based around heat resistance rather than cold resistance.

The ship is equipped with various thermal cannons that have similar fire power to the weaponry which Hero Factory possesses, although in some ways stronger and more destructive.

Propulsion Systems: The ship can glide in and out of faster-than-light travel relatively easily, and can accelerate to high speeds in a relatively short amount of time. It is somewhat manoeuvrable, although it is mostly designed as a transport ship to get Infernis from system to system.

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): The ship can land on planets as well as docking with other vessels and space stations.

IC: Dorothy Quark - Police Station

"Is there a problem?" Quark asked, her stare turning icy. "One that you deem to be slightly more important than how many lives were lost here?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

"With all due respect, I'm not one of your teammates, or your underlings," he replied frostily, pulling off his helmet and trying to hammer it back into shape, "As such, I'd prefer not to be belittled. I have a name, and I'd appreciate it if you used it." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

The brain master's ship furiously clawed thorugh the planet until it broke the surface, yelling as it leaped out of the atmosphere, thrusters firing, and into space. 

Whew. 

"That is not a hostile," the brain master said. In an instant, the two beings appeared on either side of Max Vale. "Greetings, friend." the brain master said to the organic being with the strange powers.

GM IC MAKUHERO CITY

Light from the hole in the dirt casing reached the city below. However, most of the buildings near Hero Factory were now digging themselves out. 

GM NPC ZIB

Zib turned on the scanner. From his computer in the hangar, Marcus Vex would see much the same information. 

The Hero Factory was surrounded by a planet - but it wasn't really a planet. This planet had its molten core sucked out of it and turned into a deep lava lake on the surface. But that wasn't all the sucking did. The lake was an engine of some sort - thruster fire was emanating from it, burning the planet's atmosphere away as well as the lava.

Zib's scanner told him that the planet would disintegrate in 30 minutes. But that didn't mean that all would be well. The trajectory of the planet was headed straight for the Makuhero system's sun...with Hero Factory in the middle of it.   

"Any ideas?" Zib asked, in a hopelessly unstable moment. In a few seconds, the mission chief would recover his wits and start barking orders, but...

Edited by fishers64

IC: Dorothy Quark and Mara Quiver - Police Station

"I'm glad you place that above the lives of however many police officers that were lost here today. Here, I will even make a note on my mission report: 'His Highness insists that no one is to refer to him by anything but his name.' Would you like me to forward it to every other Hero? Just in case they besmirch your presence by daring to refer to you as 'kid', 'friend' or, goodness forbid, 'buddy'? I mean, surely this must be of very extreme importance, or else-"

She was interrupted by Quiver grasping her arm in both hands. The rookie said, "P-Please, Kuh-Quark, he j-just helped us w-with two v-villains. I d-don't think he's h-had a good d-day."

"No one has," Quark growled, but she didn't continue her tirade. Instead, she asked Quiver, "How many dead?"

Quiver started shaking. "A-A-A lot. I'm s-s-so s-sorry, I t-t-tried t-to... t-to..."

Quark allowed the rookie to hug her, even offering a pat on the back. She glanced to Wolfe. "Sounds like we're not the only ones to have had a poor time of their day. We should radio their hospital, if it hasn't been done already."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

GM NPC DRAX

"At least 25 of my officers dead, and most injured or at least in need of new armor," said Drax. He then turned to Quiver. "It's not your fault." Then he turned to Saracen. "And it wasn't yours either. It was ours for not finding that vault in our basement long ago." 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous pulled the dropship into his massive ship, landing it smoothly and stepping out in the hangar. "Fravi, I'm coming to the bridge. Get me a briefing on the way there." 

GM IC FRAVI

"Sure thing, boss. Get up here. I'm getting us out of dock." 

He blinked a few times, dumbfounded by the outburst. He came all the way out here to help these guys - voluntarily, not because he'd been ordered to - flew all around the city dealing with problems - by himself, for the most part - got the stuffing beaten out of him while attempting to apprehend a villain - for the third time in two missions - and this Quark felt entitled to insult and belittle him - and then lecture him for asking that she be more polite?  

If this was what every veteran hero was like, he was glad he wasn't on a team. 

OOC: Fishers, Thumper and Drax aren't near Quark and the others. But can we just say that Drax's reply to Thumper and whatever conversation they might have had took place "off-screen", and then they climbed out of the hole, just in the interest of not backtracking? I seriously don't mind assuming that; it's not like they were discussing anything vital.

~

IC: Ken Render - Whoa Nelly

Render glanced over Zib's shoulder at the readings. He considered for a moment or two before replying. "Ever flown a planet before? Maybe we can find a way to steer it like a runaway wagon."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

OOC: Not really sure what to think of Infernis, Toa Onaku. We really only have two ice-based Heroes so far (Stormer and Shard) and Nimius Ardor barely got approved in the first place, so giving this guy even more heat resistance and firepower seems a bit ridiculous... Still, I'll reserve judgement until some of the other players have spoken.

IC: Alex Drift- Hero Factory

With his hands repaired, Drift left the medbay and went in search of interaction his teammate Echo.

IC: Marrow - Traferous's Ship

Marrow exited the dropship as soon as it docked, but did not follow Traferous to the bridge. Instead, it began sniffing about for any Quaza or Anti-Quaza on board.

OOC: Any chance of a light snack, Fishers?  :)

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

GM IC MARROW

Marrow would find that the largest repository of quaza was toward the front of the ship. There was also a vault of it to the right of a door that Traferous was walking through right now. 

There was also a huge scent of quaza on 78 East - she was powered by a anti-quaza/quaza core, and Traferous had traces of it on him from earlier. There was also faint traces of two other beings who had passed through here recently. To a quaza-eating being, this place was the equivalent of an all you-can-eat buffet. 

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Pod Bay.

"I didn't sign up for this nonsense," Markus grumbled, still trying to understand where the planet/rocket/whatever had come from in the first place. How could the technology to create or teleport entire planets exist, and Hero Factory know absolutely nothing about it? The whole situation felt like a poorly-conceived Diabolus Ex Machina. "Oi Zib?" he finally barked into hos comms, "How's about I rig up some more Hero Pods to blow, and start shooting 'em at this planety thing?"

The whole situation felt like a poorly-conceived Diabolus Ex Machina. 

OOC: It is not. I don't do those. 

GM NPC ZIB

"Maybe, but that could result in the city getting dunked in lava," Zib said. He turned to Ken Render. "I like your suggestion better, but we should find someone else other than you to do it, as we need you here to repair the computers. Abacus? This seems like something for you."

GM NPC VON NEBULA

Von Nebula scowled, and cloaked himself while heading for the exit. He had to get some machinery that actually worked in order to kill Stormer. Here was not the place.   

OOC: oh, it was over pretty quick, like it said, more to keep the curious away that anything.

IC Jade:

She clambered back into her seat, grumbling.

".....tell me how to do my job......."

ICMax Vale:

The young man blinked twice.

"You aren't a robot?" He asked bluntly.

IC Striker:

......"Yeah, let's just go to Mechano's."

IC: Marrow - Traferous's Ship

The scent of pure, delicious Quaza was almost overpowering this close. Several of the people on the ship were Heroes (Marrow could tell because they had Hero Cores), which were of course its favorite food, but to be polite for letting it on their ship it wouldn't eat them quite yet. Instead, Marrow headed for the vault.

Once it had made sure no one was watching, it cracked off a small piece of crystal and ripped a bit off the metal surface layering on the wall. The creature's grotesque face split apart where there should have been a beak to instead reveal a hideous maw filled with hundreds of jagged, uneven razors and a long, snakelike black tongue.

Marrow popped the Quaza and metal sheet into its mouth and began to chew slowly.

"Ahhh"

IC: Alex Drift - Hero Factory

Echo's quarters were empty, so Drift wandered off to Mission Control to see if anyone up there knew where his partner was. After all, the guy had a GPS thingo built directly into him.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Ken Render - Mission Control

"Wouldn't have to fly it particularly well," said Render. "Just away from the big ol' orb of fiery death."

He moved to another console and went to unscrew a panel, only to have it fall off at his touch. He shrugged and got to work.

~

IC: Orukam Amayika - With Striker

He stared at where the planet had just appeared. He blinked, and then slowly nodded. "Uh, yeah, buddy, sure. Can I get these cuffs off, though? I ain't gonna try nothin', promise, but it might look a mite sketchy to yank me 'round to places in 'em."

He had no idea what had just happened, and he was kind of worried that his companion seemed so nonchalant about it. Not to mention how he seemed to not want to help his friends. Well, Amayika figured the Hero knew what he was doing. Hopefully.

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

"How dare you insult me," the Brain Master said. "I am 500 times better than all of the robotic scum below. I was never a robot, and I will NEVER BE a robot!"

GM IC MARROW 

Marrow would find itself standing in the middle of a waterfall, for that was what the vault was behind. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous stalked into the waterfall after Morrow, drawing a sword, and promptly swung the flat of the blade at Morrow's head. 

OOC: Sorry, that's where the vault is. O_O

I was never a robot, and I will NEVER BE a robot!"

OOC: Hm... if you say so... 

OOC: That's clearly a placeholder. :P

(Also I pretty much ruined that when I changed his appearance in his profile. Although you could argue that he was a robot who became organic, that would make him hate being a robot even more, even less likely to admit it an intruder on his ship.) 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: That's clearly a placeholder. :P

(Also I pretty much ruined that when I changed his appearance in his profile. Although you could argue that he was a robot who became organic, that would make him hate being a robot even more, even less likely to admit it an intruder on his ship.)

OOC: I'd also like to add that the people behind that episode are also the ones who made The Legend Reborn, which had a cast of organic/mostly organic characters but were portrayed in the movie to look very robotic.

• Upvote 1

OOC: Alright guys, Fishers said that she'd consider approving this villain based on how you guys respond to it.

Villain Profile: 

Name: Infernis the Burning

DXDTHDUm.png

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: 

Infernis has extreme heat-resistance, to the point that even Nimius couldn't harm them with his flames, or even survive the same temperatures as them. Also helping their resistance, although not the cause of it, is Infernis' ability to absorb heat. They can do this very easily, and can then re-distribute the heat in the form of pure thermal energy blasts, which can tear right through most things that aren't resistant to heat or energy. Even Nimius will find it difficult to take many blasts from Infernis. They are also extremely strong, and they only grow stronger the more heat they absorb.

They cannot absorb an infinite amount of heat, and eventually Infernis automatically starts emanating the heat from themself. How ever, if one were to supply enough heat at a short enough time-span, without allowing Infernis to get rid of the energy, it could overload them, and destroy them, but this feat is both extremely difficult and unknown to anyone to be possible.

As one can imagine, the Infernis is extremely weak to cold, and cold based attacks will severely slow down and weaken them, before eventually killing them once their body temperature reaches room temperature. They are also not in any special way resistant to most physical attacks, although they are somewhat resistant to blunt force. They are how ever quite nimble for a being their size, so while they may not be able to take a lot of hits, they instead have the option to dodge them altogether.

Appearance: Infernis is extremely tall, almost as tall as Titanos, although not very bulky. Instead, Infernis is spindly, yet very well armored, with jagged spikes protruding from various places to form a very imposing being. Their armour is scorched black, with red hot metal making up the robotics underneath.

Bio: Infernis is the highest lieutenant of a force of nature known as Sarterus the Sunslayer. Nobody truly knows where that terrifying being came from. Some theorize that it is an ancient fire demon from the old world, here to wreak havoc upon the universe, while others suggest that it might simply be an experiment gone wrong. Sarterus has gained its moniker through exactly what it says: Destroying the stars of various solar systems. Through this, it has killed billions upon billions of beings, and is ranked as one of the most terrifyingly evil beings in the galactic neighborhood. 

Infernis came into service of the great and terrifying Sarterus through their shared fascination with solar destruction and the burning of worlds, with Infernis having proven a valuable resource to Sarterus as a representative, spreading the word of this great and terrifying being so that all may prepare themselves for their inevitable demise. They have also proven valuable in thwarting various plans to destroy Sarterus, and to that end they have gained the everlasting favor of the Sunslayer.

They now approach Hero Factory, their mission to spread fear and terror into the hearts of the heroes and make them realize that they will soon become one with the cosmic ashes in the destructive trail of Sarterus.

---

SHIP PROFILE: Darkspot

Ship Size: Medium 

Communications Systems: None

Navigation and Drive: This vessel responds to Infernis' mental commands.

Weapons Systems/Armor: The ship can withstand almost any energy attack that is somewhat related to thermal energy, and is very resistant to physical beating. It is weak to cold based attacks, as it is based around heat resistance rather than cold resistance.

The ship is equipped with various thermal cannons that have similar fire power to the weaponry which Hero Factory possesses, although in some ways stronger and more destructive.

Propulsion Systems: The ship can glide in and out of faster-than-light travel relatively easily, and can accelerate to high speeds in a relatively short amount of time. It is somewhat manoeuvrable, although it is mostly designed as a transport ship to get Infernis from system to system.

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): The ship can land on planets as well as docking with other vessels and space stations.

OOC: Not really sure what to think of Infernis, Toa Onaku. We really only have two ice-based Heroes so far (Stormer and Shard) and Nimius Ardor barely got approved in the first place, so giving this guy even more heat resistance and firepower seems a bit ridiculous... Still, I'll reserve judgement until some of the other players have spoken.

OOC: Speak I will, then.

First of all, the way you worded the description of the thermal blasts makes it sound like they're most likely going to be easily bypassing standard Hero armor, which, if I recall correctly, was an issue you, Zippy, and Nato had back when I was trying to have Wraith approved with armor-piercing bullets. Not trying to imply anything negative here, but you should probably consider either changing that or even removing that segment entirely. Also, if they're hot enough to instantly melt through an opponent's armor like that, chances are that the blasts are going to also be generating enough heat to fry their internal circuitry as well, meaning that they would likely be taken out of the fight before they had a chance to even react to the brunt of the damage, and thus rendering almost every attack as a potential kill move; yet another problem you three had with Wraith.

Secondly, does the increased strength you mentioned apply to Infernis themself, or is it the thermal blasts that become stronger? Since the blasts already capable of piercing standard Hero armor (which at least a couple of us have been assuming is already somewhere around the melting point of titanium), there wouldn't be much of a point to having this anyway, unless you were planning on burning your way through a wall and wanted to instananeously scortch the other adjacent buildings as well, which is sort of OP in it of itself. If, however, this does apply to their physical strength, you might want to include a limit to how strong they can become alongside how much heat they can absorb.

Thirdly, you mention that at some point, they do have a limit to how much heat can be absorbed, and that they do start radiating it when they reach their limit, but what I want to know is how much of it their body is releasing during that point. If they're on an extremely hot planet or near a volcano, will the heat they are being forced to release be anywhere near the temperature required to melt an opponent's weaponry before they can be hit, or does it just make the general area slightly hotter? Also, wouldn't a ship with a weakness to cold be somewhat, I don't know... redundant, considering that it's meant to travel through the vacuum of space?

Lastly, while I do find the backstory interesting (especially the Silver Surfer parallels), I'm not quite sure that introducing a character (even if it's in name only and they never actually appear in the story) that can take out a sun and all life in it's system by extension is a good idea, as that's way more overpowered than anything players usually come across. Granted, Fishers does have an NPC that's supposedly from the future, implying that time travel is potentially a thing (which I don't necessarily agree with either), but she hasn't attempted to use it as an excuse to erase characters from existence, so I can't really complain about that... yet. Personally, however, I'd be much more receptive to this character being a herald to some sort of Mongul-like Villain who abducted people from their homeworlds and forced them to fight as space gladiators, or just generally someone who could be reasonably defeated if they were to show up in the story at some point.

All in all, as someone who has previously been a Co-GM over in the Bionicle RPG forum, I don't think I could justify approving this until these issues were addressed in some way, shape, or form. You could probably get away with some of the things you want by toning them down or adding in some extra clarification within the profile, Onaku, but others I feel you'd just be better off removing entirely.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Marrow - Totally Saw This One Coming

Marrow ducked under the swing and continued its feast, ignoring Traferous.

IC: Alex Drift - Mission Control

Drift arrived at mission control to find it quite a mess. Most of the computers were busted, there were a couple mangled Destroyers on the floor, Stormer looked like he'd just had a really bad dream, and the whole room was generally a complete wreck. "Man, what did I miss?!"

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

OOC: Figured there was no point putting it off any longer. If you want my opinion, here it is: 

As one can imagine, the Infernis is extremely weak to cold, and cold based attacks will severely slow down and weaken them, before eventually killing them once their body temperature reaches room temperature. 

For some reason, I have great difficulty trying to envision a scenario where Infernis is actually going to take much damage from these sorts of attacks at all. If he's constantly absorbing and radiating metal-melting levels of heat, ice and water attacks are likely going to evaporate before they even reach him. Your character's biggest weakness is something that he's probably never going to have to worry about. 

They are also not in any special way resistant to most physical attacks, although they are somewhat resistant to blunt force. 

Most physical attacks tend to entail blunt force. Just sayin'. 

They are how ever quite nimble for a being their size, so while they may not be able to take a lot of hits, they instead have the option to dodge them altogether.

So on top of being able to melt other PCs into sludge with a wave of his hand and being nearly as big as Titanos, he's also got super dodging powers? I'm having a lot of trouble trying to think of any character or combination of characters who'd stand a chance of winning a fight against this guy.

The ship can withstand almost any energy attack that is somewhat related to thermal energy, and is very resistant to physical beating. 

The ship can glide in and out of faster-than-light travel relatively easily, and can accelerate to high speeds in a relatively short amount of time. 

Lasers, energy, and plasma blasts all have thermal components, so they're useless against this vessel. And shooting at this ship with bullets isn't going to do much good either, apparently. Missiles/Torpedoes/Rockets/Bombs might be an option, but not many PC ships in the game seem to be packing those, and the whole speed thing makes it sound like even those wouldn't be very likely to score a successful hit. 

Through this, it has killed billions upon billions of beings, and is ranked as one of the most terrifyingly evil beings in the galactic neighborhood. 

Even though this is just a backstory character who will (hopefully) never be approved to appear in the game, the entire concept seems way overpowered to me. Personally, I still think it's ridiculous that there are time travelers, and villains who can create or teleport entire planets around the place in this game, but tI personally feel that  a literal god floating around who can eat stars and kill billions with total impunity doesn't really fit in this RPG, or the Hero Factory universe in general. 

Infernis has extreme heat-resistance, to the point that even Nimius couldn't harm them with his flames, or even survive the same temperatures as them. 

Even Nimius will find it difficult to take many blasts from Infernis. 

Infernis is extremely tall, almost as tall as Titanos, although not very bulky. 

I've left all of this stuff to the end, because it all falls under one point. Throughout this game, you've gone about pushing boundaries and stretching limits, trying to create the most powerful characters you could. Daxer - the kinetic guy who could potentially catch spaceships, Nimius - the man who can melt other characters from the inside out, Titanos - the most unnecessarily huge hero to ever exist. And now, you're trying to make a villain who surpasses the standards of OPness you've already set with your previous characters? 

At the end of the day, these RPGs are meant to be about being creative, and having a good time. Making a villain whose sole purpose is to be an unbeatable herald of destruction who can utterly annihilate everything in his path without contest isn't creative, or fun - for the players who wind up facing him, or for you. 

OOC: Oh yeah, completely forgot about Onaku's new character. I agree with Timeagness on it being OP, I just didn't post about it at the time because I was posting from a phone and anyone who has attempted such a thing would know long analysis posts are a pain on a phone. And then afterwards I kind of forgot.

Anyway. Timeageness described some good points, so I'll just add some short ones. First, he's super strong, super flaming, and super good at dodging. So, it's near impossible to get near him because he is capable of instakilling very easily with his flames, and if you do manage to get near him not only is he bizarrely strong for a thin, spindly character, but he can also easily shrug off hits (apparently he's prone to physical attacks but not blunt force???) or dodge them with ease. This is kinda a problem.

Second, as Rylinth has said, not many characters use ice. The ice weakness, I feel, would almost be all right (still iffy on him being super strong AND spindly) but it's simply not reasonable with his level of firepower (he can arguably render any ice or water flung his way with his extreme heat). His ship strikes me as just plain silly, with being weak to cold in the icy coldness of space.

Third, again, as Rylinth pointed out: Nimius didn't have his level of firepower AND didn't have his level of fire resistance AND wasn't super strong, and he was still considered OP.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see Nato's post, but yeah ditto at him too.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

I suppose we shall consider Infernis...

6357543-the-not-approved-sign.jpg

(sorry I feel like random Google Image searches today)

OOC: Also I know I need to write IC for Gyro + Corroder Destroyers and the rest of the Motley Villain Crew. 

(Also, Luroka and Onaku, I think you both need to PM me to deal with the Nimus/Breaker situation.)

Edited by fishers64

IC Wolfe [Police Station]:

Wolfe attempted multiple times to interject, but his repeated failure was probably for the better. He was grateful that Quiver at least was able to get through to Quark. The latter would most likely have shoved Wolfe's bow down his own throat anyway. "She didn't mean it in a derogatory way, Saracen," he gently told the blue Hero. "Just a bad habit we older Heroes have, calling the rest of you guys kids." The veteran hoped the younger 'bot would understand. From what he'd seen on Tranquis, Rune was an excellent Hero, and ruining relations now could have disastrous consequences during future missions.

"Where's Thumper?" he asked, glancing around.

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

"A lot," she replied flatly to Drift, rubbing her temples as she rebooted her datapad.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Alex Drift - Mission Control

"Yeah, I can see that," the pilot replied grimly. "So, does anybody up here know where I can find Echo? He's not in his room so I'm not sure where to look."

IC: Marrow - Stealing Your Stuff

Marrow stuck another strip of metal in its mouth and crunched just as Traferous lifted it up in the air and threw it. It did not hit the opposite wall, however, instead stretching out its mis-proportioned arms to catch itself midair and land. With a warning hiss at its attacker, Marrow resumed feeding on the other side of the room.

IC: Night Stalker - Traeferous' Ship

Hearing the racket coming from the vault, Night Stalker looked in.  Quickly taking in the situation, he said, "Hey boss, you want me to take care of him for you?"

OOC: Could someone direct me to Marrow's profile? It hasn't been put on the first post yet and if I'm going to be fighting him I want to know what I'm up against.

Edited by Vestak

OOC: Hello everyone! I've been sick since I last posted and didn't feel up to the task of wading through 4 more pages of RPG until today (I'm finally feeling better). In regards to the Breaker and Ardor situation, I would like to point out that the temperature of the fire Ardor is using could be a useful thing to know when it's used. Also, even if the flames were exactly the same temperature as the melting point of Breaker's armour, the temperature of the air and the temperature of the armor itself would cool the flames down. As the fire heats up the air and the armor, it  loses energy and heat resulting in slightly cooler flames. The fire wouldn't necessarily melt the armour off of Breaker like it was nothing.

IC: Shade - Heading To Medical

Shade exited the foyer and arrived at the Med Bay in order to have his dent looked at. He turned all his equipment off, and then addressed the room in general, "If there's not any pressing emergencies or anything like that, I have a large dent in my side that I need attended to. It's not urgent or anything, so I can wait if need be."

OOC: I recall placing The Scalpel at a safe distance behind The Kestrel. Is it safe to assume that  Shade's ship escaped from being covered in planet or not? Also, I don't remember if the Med Bay is still under lock-down, so please let me know if something Shade did doesn't work.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Night Stalker - Traeferous' Ship

Hearing the racket coming from the vault, Night Stalker looked in.  Quickly taking in the situation, he said, "Hey boss, you want me to take care of him for you?"

OOC: Could someone direct me to Marrow's profile? It hasn't been put on the first post yet and if I'm going to be fighting him I want to know what I'm up against.

OOC: It seems my goal of getting Marrow into a giant brawl right away has worked! :evilbiggrin:

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

She didn't answer Drift right away. Instead, she decided to run a quick check for Echo's whereabouts. He was still in the Tower, as far as she knew. It took a minute for the system to restart, but when it finally did, the Hero tracker revealed...

Helen turned to Drift, looking shocked and disheartened. "I'm sorry..." she said in a quiet voice. "Echo is offline."

Edited by FallenCor

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Quark Qrew - Reunited At Last

Quiver gave Drax a tiny, appreciative nod for his words, though she wasn't sure she completely believed them. Then, as if on cue, Thumper emerged from a hole in the ground, carrying a green-armoured, cuffed villain on her back. She waved. "Hi, Quark!"

Quiver let go of Quark as the latter marched towards Thumper, furious. "Eloise Thumper, I have had it up to here with you scaring me half to death! I told you both to call me! What if you'd gotten hurt? Or worse?"

Thumper's expression shifted to a sad frown. "I'm sorry, Quark. It all just happened really fast, and we didn't want to bother you while you were fighting a villain..."

"I could be holidaying on a beach planet for all it matters, I am your team leader! You let me know the moment there's trouble!"

They were silent. Quark sighed after a moment. "But... Good job on catching a criminal. I'm proud."

"Aww!" Her grin was back, bright and cheery. "Thank you! But it was a team effort!"

Quark led her back over to the group. She said, "We may have caught one, but by the sounds of it, two got away."

"Th-Three," Quiver said quietly.

"Three got away," Quark corrected herself. "We'll have to put out warrants for their arrests. They're not going to be out there for long. What I want to know is, why here? Why attack a police station, and why were there four villains doing so at once?"

"A distraction?" He spoke up in answer to Quark's question, "There was a building that got blown up in the business district. It's owner was killed during the attack on the conference on Antropolis." 

IC Wolfe [Police Station]:

"Did you see or hear anything odd?" Wolfe asked Saracen with a troubled expression. "Was anything, or anyone, taken?" It seemed highly unlikely that these villains were blowing up buildings merely for the fun of it.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |