fishers64

OOC: Would the armor be ready by now?

GM NPC QUADAL

Quadal went back into the assembly Tower room, and emerged pulling a small hand cart with armor parts, giving a nodd to Isacc to indicate that they were for him. 

GM NPC ZIB

"There has to be controls for that engine on the surface of the planet somewhere. I want somebody - anybody - to get up there and change the course of this thing before it heads into the sun." 

He turned to Abacus. "I wasn't looking for you to pilot it, I was looking for you to hack into the unknown controls. What about you, Drift? You're a pilot."

Edited by fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City Police Station.

"No idea," he replied, "the building was gone. Emergency services found the body of the janitor, but that was about it." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: The Creator - Hero Factory FM. 

Having finally made sense of the consoles arrayed before him, The Creator finished his setup and spoke into the mic before him, his words echoing out of the speakers throughout the Factory. "You do not know me. But I do know you, and your kind. I seek an audience with your leader, the conqueror who calls himself Makuro." 

He released the mic and stepped back, waiting for a response. His grasp on the tongue these machines used was tenuous at best, but he hoped he'd spoken well enough to at least be understood. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: FOCUS [Kestrel, Space]

Focus activated the Kestrel's scanners, hoping to discover if any other ships were nearby... and whether or not they should be avoided.

The FTL drive, in the meantime, was now fully charged, ready for a proper jump elsewhere into space.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Grounded

Feeling the ship break free of it's earth prison, Gorn removed his shield from the hole in the roof, allowing a small amount of dirt to fall into the troop bay. He backed up a few steps and placed his hand on his weapon, waiting for Var to make a move.

OOC: Also, Fishers, I never got a response to Ferro attempting to pull one of the turbines out of it's force field using magnetism.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Kathrine:

I awoke suddenly, my hand grabbing Splint's arm at lightning speed.

"I'd rather you not do that."

I blinked twice, realising this was another hero, and loosened my grip on his arm.

"Sorry.... What....what happened to me?"

IC Kaiba Blader: And Kaiba was never seen agian until timagheness came back.

IC Max Vale:

"Oh. Well I guess I don't have to kick your butt, then." He sounded almost disappointed. 

OOC: Splint's currently modifying Kat's circuitry. Don't think Isaac's gonna be able to attach the chestplate while he does that.

IC: Jonathan Splint - Hero Factory Medical Wing

"You attacked the big guy and partially melted him and yourself. I was disabling your thrusters so we could attach stock armor to you, at least until a new specialized set could be fabricated." He turned at the sound of Rider arriving with the cart. "The Assembly Tower apparently completed it much faster than we anticipated. Guess I'll plug these back in now."

~Unit#phntk#1

IC: Alex Drift - Mission Control

Drift took a moment to respond, Helen's words still hanging in the air so shocking he could practically feel his circuits overloading. After a few seconds he said, "Yeah... yeah, I'm a pilot. Why? What do you need me to drive?"

Echo... offline? No way. It was another hacker trick.

It had to be.

"Uh, Ms. Corona? Could you... could you run that again?" he asked with a vague gesture to the scanning program up on the computer.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Wait, did they leave the tunnel?

OOC: FTR Drax IC nulled due to it not making any sense. My bad. 

IC: Timothy Gyro - Hero Factory

Gyro thought he felt something about the air change, but all he could do was adjust his blades accordingly. He gave a frustrated grunt, trying to dissuade the creatures from approaching with his spinning blades without actually touching any of them. He tried to gauge if the roof was high enough to allow flying over them.

"Get back! You're invading my personal space here, fellas! Give a guy room!" He continued firing at them with his blaster.

GM IC GYRO

Gryo would find that the roof - or more specifically, the failsafe shield - was more than high enough for him to fly out. And that would a be a good thing, because...

GM IC DESTROYERS

All of the destroyers fired at Gyro at once, trying to melt the Hero to bits. 

Several of them were now injured from Gyro's shots, so their aim wasn't as neat as it could have been otherwise. 

GM NPC CORRODER

Corroder screamed and leaped over the Destroyers, blasting them. However, that meant that corrosive stuff was now headed at Gyro as well...and Corroder wasn't the type to care who she hit. 

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM

Upon seeing the hole, Black Phantom walked over to what looked like a large civilian ship was parked, and knocked on the door. 

OOC: That's Silvia Raine's ship, although our charming villain doesn't know it yet. 

GM NPC JAWBLADE

He turned to back to Riot. "Must have gone bonkers." He moved over to the elevator and headed for the upper floors, looking for other Heroes. Or maybe just a cool dropship to steal. That would suit him mighty fine. 

GM IC JASON FERRO

Jason would find his attempt to move the turbines to be successful...but the electric fields would move right along with them. It seemed that the turbines were generating the electricity for the fields. 

GM NPC ZIB

Zib paid no attention whatsoever to the Creator's statement. "Anybody else?" He asked. "Anyone actually feeling like being a Hero and saving Hero Factory?" 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

Mr. Makuro, back in his workshop, was trying to catch the news when he hear some strange "Creator" start talking. Perhaps he was working with the Brain Master and causing this whole mess. He called up Bulk and Stringer. "Meet me in the Hero Factory radio station in ten minutes." 

GM NPC BULK & STRINGER

Stringer and Bulk headed to the Hero Factory FM. They would be there in a matter of seconds. 

GM IC FOCUS/KESTRAL

The Kestral's scanners would pick up a ferocious-looking beastie ship floating in space, and a cargo vessel circling the planet giving off distress signals as the planet neared the sun. 

There was also a forcefield distortion in space that was approaching. Avoiding that could possibly be a very good idea...

Edited by fishers64

IC Kaiba Blader: And Kaiba was never seen agian until timagheness came back.

OOC: If I remember correctly, Epix took him onto Furno's ship, so he's still en route to Hero Factory.

I'm assuming they'll arrive sometime after people can start landing in Makuhero City again, but it might be best to double check with Fishers.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Anamnesis - Makuhero University.

As he combed through the numerous files stored on the facility's database, he came across something very interesting - some time back Von Nebula had engineered a nanobot virus that could infect not just civilians, but heroes as well, rewriting the victim's personalities to make them dangerous, aggressive and violent. 

A cold smile cracked his featureless face, and he downloaded all the data he could on the nanobots. For the first time, he could see a clear goal - one that went beyond simple revenge. At last, he'd found his purpose.

__________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Silvia Raine - Wolf Pup.

Nodding for Alpha to open the rear hatch, she clambered into the back where her few paying customers were already sheltered, ready to greet whoever it was that was knocking. "Hello?" 

GM IC TRAFEROUS & FRAVI

Traferous burst onto the bridge, and took one look at the dying lava thruster planet. "Holy-"

"That planet has Hero Factory inside of it. Probably one of the conspiracy's tricks." 

Traferous shook his head immediately. "The conspiracy would never kill a bunch of innocent civilians over anything, even destroying Hero Factory. This is not the work of the conspiracy. This is the work of a madman. It is the stupidest plan I have ever seen in the entire galaxy, and I, Traferous Diaphanous, hate stupid and ridiculous plans like this." 

He then looked out the window. "Of course, the question is simple," said Traferous with a sly grin. "Can we blow it up?"

"That's not going to help," said Fravi. "Even if we do blow it up, the asteroid will still be headed for the sun." 

"Ah," said Traferous with a sly grin. "We need to get the explosion between the planet and the sun. Reverse thrust, if you will."

"That's pretty dangerous," said Fravi.

"Not if the planet isn't moving toward the star," said Traferous with a grin. "Dr. Lie, prepare to operate the ice cannon." 

OOC: I've finally solved the mystery of why Corroder doesn't want to be friends with Gyro. Obviously, Rotor owes her money and every time she looks at Gyro she is reminded of that fact. Obviously.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Undignified Screaming

Gyro launched from the ground with an awkward yell. Some lava splattered his foot, which he shook haphazardly and slapped at with his hands. "Ah, jeez! Owww!"

He buzzed back and forth, shooting down at the fray (though he politely avoided shooting at the villain). "That's it! No more Mister Nice 'Bot!"

~

OOC: We resolved the Drax issue by just implying he talked with Thumper and walked up 'off camera'. At least, that's what I assumed. There's no need to null it.

IC: Dorothy Quark - Outside Mechron City

Quark furrowed her brow, thoughtful. "Do you know anything about the building? What was going on inside it?"

~

IC: Ken Render - The Hero We Deserve

He gave a soft sigh, finished tying two wires together, and stuck the panel back on with duct tape. "How much d'you need these repaired? I know a thing or two about flying, could give it a shot if there's no volunteers."

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Magic Crystal Room

Flood watched the electric fields follow the turbines. "... Ah. Pity, that."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Pass for Wolfe.

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

She opened her mouth to object, but thought better of it. Drift wouldn't believe her unless she double checked the data. Sparing a quick glance at Zib, she ran the scan once more, a small part of her hoping the initial scan was inaccurate. To her disappointment, however, the results were the same. "I'm sorry, Drift..."

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: So would Jimmy need to go to the physical location of the thrusters, or could he hack them from within the factory? Not sure if this was answered already, and if it was, I must've missed it.

IC: Var Vicious
"Alright, here we go..." As Jade took to the pilot seat, Var let go of the ship, allowing it to drop out of the earthen shell that surrounded the Hero Factory asteroid-planet. Var braced themselves for a rocky flight...

IC: Captor

Captor watched anxiously, although this wasn't apparent on the surface.

OOC: Ok, time for a non-op profile. Or at least I hope so...

Hero Profile

Name: Andrea Plume

Lm8hn3u.png?2

Powers and Abilities: Andrea has wings on her back that look like bird wings, except metallic. They allow her to fly in any gas that provides enough aerodynamic force to lift her body, such as the atmospheres of most planets. Her body itself is much lighter than the body of a normal hero, but is also less durable. She has the ability to zoom her vision in on various targets, and has very good aim with her weapon of choice: the javelin.

Weapon(s): Andrea has a solid-emulating energy javelin that she can dissipate at will. She can create up to three energy javelins at any given time, and has to dissipate her already-existing javelins in order to create more, although she can also simply retrieve those she has already thrown. She also has an energy shield that she can have appear on either of her arms to make up for her weak build.

Appearance: Andrea is extremely slim. Large metallic bird wings protrude from her back, and the rest of her form has the primary colour of dark green, as well as the secondary underlying colour of white. Her helmet is shaped like a bird head, although quite stylized and altered to be more aerodynamic. The entirety of her armour is made to help her be more aerodynamic. 

Bio: Andrea was created around the same time as Quark, Wolfe and Stormer, and served many missions, but then, while on a solo mission scouting for space pirates, she disappeared without trace. Now, fifty years later, she has returned, and now rapidly approaches Hero Factory in her badly worn dropship. For her, it has been but five months since she departed. Her surprise when she learns of how long she was gone from her friends' viewpoints will surely be extraordinary. 

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker ejects the gas bomb magazine from his gun as he grabs his hammer off of his back.  "I'm going to enjoy this."  He advances towards Marrow, raising his blaster and firing energy blasts at him.

OOC: What would happen if I shot the quaza?  Bullets would just break it, but would the energy blasts do anything strange?

OOC: Hang on, so did Night Stalker shoot the gas bombs or just pop them out of his gun?

IC: Alex Drift - Mission Control

Drift sat down heavily in one of the chairs that had survived the Destroyer attack. Echo couldn't be dead...

Could he?

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Jet [Mission control]:

After having been unceremoniously dropped through possibly every floor in the Tower, then running all the way back up, a thoroughly out-of-breath Jet finally reached Mission Control. The rookie paused just long enough to catch a quick breath, then readied his weapons and dashed through the door...

Only to find that the threat had been neutralized.

"Uh... looks like we just did, Zib."

Clearly the poor boy hadn't gotten the memo about the planetoid's new trajectory.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Okay, that's what I thought. Just making sure.

IC: Marrow - Traferous's Quaza Vault

Marrow was helping itself to another Quaza chunk when a laser blast tore through part of its shoulder. Hissing in pain, the creature threw the lump of crystal in its hand at Night Stalker and broke off another to eat. This guy didn't even have a core; he wasn't worth Marrow's time.

OOC: Ok, time for a non-op profile. Or at least I hope so...

Hero Profile

Name: Andrea Plume

Powers and Abilities: Andrea has wings on her back that look like bird wings, except metallic. They allow her to fly in any gas that provides enough aerodynamic force to lift her body, such as the atmospheres of most planets. Her body itself is much lighter than the body of a normal hero, but is also less durable. She has the ability to zoom her vision in on various targets, and has very good aim with her weapon of choice: the javelin.

Weapon(s): Andrea has a solid-emulating energy javelin that she can dissipate at will. She can create up to three energy javelins at any given time, and has to dissipate her already-existing javelins in order to create more, although she can also simply retrieve those she has already thrown. She also has an energy shield that she can have appear on either of her arms to make up for her weak build.

Appearance: Andrea is extremely slim. Large metallic bird wings protrude from her back, and the rest of her form has the primary colour of dark green, as well as the secondary underlying colour of white. Her helmet is shaped like a bird head, although quite stylized and altered to be more aerodynamic. The entirety of her armour is made to help her be more aerodynamic. 

Bio: Andrea was created around the same time as Quark, Wolfe and Stormer, and served many missions, but then, while on a solo mission scouting for space pirates, she disappeared without trace. Now, fifty years later, she has returned, and now rapidly approaches Hero Factory in her badly worn dropship. For her, it has been but five months since she departed. Her surprise when she learns of how long she was gone from her friends' viewpoints will surely be extraordinary.

OOC: This is actually approved. 

Normally I'd throw it out because of the bio...but you'll be surprised to learn that it actually fits with the current plans. :evilgrin:

GM NPC CIVILIAN CAPTAIN (CARGO VESSEL - TALKING TO THE KESTRAL)

"Yes? Who is this?"

GM NPC ZIB

"I don't think we can," Zib said to Abacus. "Even if we did have all the computers up, I wouldn't know the signal to access it, and there's no way a scanning beam could get through this shell." 

He looked at Jet, totally confused and not understanding what he was talking about at all. 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO (ELEVATOR, TALKING TO ZIB)

"How about them roof cannons, Zib?"

GM IC DESTROYERS (NEAR GYRO)

The destroyers tried to fire up at Gyro again.

OOC: Kinda waiting for response from the villains about Traferous' ship. I'll give it 24, then move on.

Edited by fishers64

IC: Ken Render - Mission Control

"Might have a volunteer after all," he said, nodding at Jet. "How're you at flying, kid?"

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Fire Ant Hole

Gyro's moves became quicker and more erratic, dodging blasts and firing back. "If that Jawblade guy just up and left, I am gonna be so ticked off!"

He gave a yelp as a blast flew just by his head. He responded with two blasts of his own.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Andrea Plume

It had been a crazy five months for her, but now finally, she was back home. The stories she was going to tell her friends. Man, by this point, they'd probably be worried sick. Good thing it hadn't been any longer, or they might have thought she was dead. Andrea sat back comfortably in the pilot seat, which had seen some action itself from that one time, and relaxed. Her wings folded down around it and she mulled over how she was going to deliver her tale of bravery and heroism to her friends in a way that wasn't too boastful, but still exciting enough to be worth telling. 

It was then that she noticed something strange. The system she had been travelling to, where Hero Factory was and had always been stationed... had a planet where the factory asteroid-planet was supposed to be? "What in the world?" Near the planet was some kind of a large bestial organic ship. There was also a cargo ship, apparently in distress, and a ship she didn't recognize apparently responding to the distress call.

But where was Hero Factory?

OOC: Okay, that's what I thought. Just making sure.

IC: Marrow - Traferous's Quaza Vault

Marrow was helping itself to another Quaza chunk when a laser blast tore through part of its shoulder. Hissing in pain, the creature threw the lump of crystal in its hand at Night Stalker and broke off another to eat. This guy didn't even have a core; he wasn't worth Marrow's time.

IC: Night Stalker - Quaza Vault

Night Stalker let the quaza strike him and fall to the ground, barely scratching his armor.  "You're going to have to do better than that."  He fires more energy blasts at Marow's arm, trying to get it to let go of the quaza.

OOC: Does anyone know whether energy blasts would do anything out of the ordinary to quaza?

IC: Marrow - Getting Angry

Marrow had kept one eye on the punk with the gun and jumped to the side when he fired again. It gave one blood-freezing hiss as a last warning at its attacker before crunching down on the piece of Quaza in its hand a bit too forcefully and shattering the crystal to powder.

OOC: Wait, so is Drift going to pilot or are they getting Jet to do it instead? No one responded to Drift asking about the situation.

IC: Mr Vyle - Traferous' Ship.

Personally, Vyle wouldn't have had the slightest problem with sitting back and letting the planet - city, civilians, innocents, Hero Factory and all - get destroyed, but since everyone else on the bridge seemed unanimously intent on preventing the destruction of the asteroid, he stood back and said nothing. He wasn't going to help, but he wouldn't interfere either.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: The Creator - HF FM Room.

No response. While disappointing, it wasn't entirely unexpected. The system might have been malfunctioning, his message may have simply been ignored, or perhaps there was simply no one left to hear it. 

He decided to linger a while longer before moving on. Unlike his ship, this building couldn't regulate or maintain itself, so eventually, someone would have to come and investigate who'd been messing around with the PA system. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Pod Bay.

"So, if I'm not allowed to explode more of our expensive Hero Pods," he spoke into the comms, relaying his message to mission control, "Then what can I do?"

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City Police Station.

"Regular old office complex," he replied, "Nothing too interesting about it, except..." he pulled up the information Zib had sent him earlier, "...the person who owns it was killed during that mess on Antropolis." 

IC: Jason Ferro- Underground cavern

"Well Slag. It looks like the turbines are creating their own force fields. Any ideas on how to deactivate them?"

As he said this, Ferro looked over the turbine to see if there were any visible methods of powering down the device.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ungrounded

With the ship freed, Gorn became even more wary of Var's presence, despite not showing it. However, he was fully confident that he could counter any sudden moves the "Sith" made, so he decided to abstain from confronting him for a little while longer.

"Jade, I think we're out. Can you see anything that might have instantly entombed your ship in dirt?"

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC JASON FERRO

While there wasn't an off switch on the outside of the turbine, Jason might notice that in moving the turbine earlier, the field reduced. If he could get the turbine out of the water, the field would probably shut off. 

The tunneler beasts from earlier had widened the dry tunnel up so that would be possible; the problem would then be getting the turbine through the narrow room to the tunnel above it...and the amount of power from his hero core that this might use.

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM (W/SILVIA RAINE)

"I am Black Phantom," he said with a gloriously evil grin, "and I would like a ride on this ship." 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO (W/BULK & STRINGER, HERO FACTORY FM)

Mr. Makuro opened the door to see a very strange being standing at the console, one whom he had never seen before. "Today has been a day for strange sights. I suppose there is time for another one." He addressed this to Bulk and Stringer.

"I should inform you that I am no conqueror. These beings are my inventions, and they serve me willingly."

GM IC TRAFEROUS & DR. LIE

Traferous expected somebody to rise up in protest, and for him to have to make some sort of lame villain excuse about how it would just be more fun to just blow up the Hero Factory.

But nobody said anything. Even Mr. Vyle, who had been so dead-set on destroying the place. But then again, he worked for the conspiracy. Those people weren't exactly keen on killing civilians. And Night Stalker, who might have been the worst objector, was down battling someone else. It was hardly fair. 

The truth was, of course, that Traferous had once been a civilian himself. The idea of killing people like him was stupid. Because it wasn't their fault they were so weak. Unlike the stupid Heroes. 

Dr. Lie, of course, wasn't about to argue with his boss, because he simply did not care. "The ice cannon is ready," the Doctor said. 

"Fire," said Traferous. He then pressed a few more buttons to put the water cannon on standby. 

Outside Traferous' ship, a thick coating of ice covered the Lava Engine, rendering it dead. The planet began to spin, dangerously close to the sun. 

Traferous threw his engines into reverse, making a wide right turn away from the sun and the planet. 

GM IC DFER & ???

Outside the planet, a small ship in the shape of a silver bullet blasted away from the planet at high speed. 

GM IC MAKUHERO CITY

And then, there was an explosion. The Lava Engine fired...straight into the sun, making a huge fireball on that side of the planet and melting it, and blasting the whole thing back out into space. 

Any ships still in the air inside the Makuhero city asteroid would find themselves in danger as the planet around them disintegrated. 

An asteroid banged against Hero Factory's failsafe shield, causing the whole thing to vibrate and go out.

Edited by fishers64

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM (W/SILVIA RAINE)

"I am Black Phantom," he said with a gloriously evil grin, "and I would like a ride on this ship." 

IC: Silvia Raine - Wolf Pup.

"Black Phantom..." she repeated the name, hand resting on her holster, "...so you're breaking out of Hero Factory now, instead of in?" 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO (W/BULK & STRINGER, HERO FACTORY FM)

"I should inform you that I am no conqueror. These beings are my inventions, and they serve me willingly."

IC: The Creator - HF FM Room.

"I'm not talking about these... machines," he spat the word, "I'm talking about this galaxy. Your hordes have overrun innumerable planets, your militant police force," he waved a talon towards the two heroes, "subjugate all who stand in your path."  

GM IC MAKUHERO CITY

And then, there was an explosion. The Lava Engine fired...straight into the sun, making a huge fireball on that side of the planet and melting it, and blasting the whole thing back out into space. 

IC: The Caretaker - New Dawn.

Even from such a distance, the blast was blinding. But once ship and pilot had recovered, The Caretaker guided the New Dawn in towards the fresh feast that was the fragmented remains of the planet. 

GM IC MAKUHERO CITY

Any ships still in the air inside the Makuhero city asteroid would find themselves in danger as the planet around them disintegrated. 

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Old Timer.

With the planet falling apart, the crumpled remains of the Old Timer and its pilot were freed from their dirt prison. But since the ship had had a wall teleported into it while travelling at significant speeds, it wasn't exactly in much condition to fly.

As such, it plummeted straight downwards, gravity dragging it down towards the outer reaches of Makuhero City...

IC: R4-V0

The TIE Incursor fell out of the disintegrating earthen shell, and collided briefly with the Old Timer. The collision caused the two horribly banged up ships to somehow latch onto each other, with the slightly torn up right wing of the TIE Incursor hooking into the crumpled mid-section of the Old Timer. R4, slightly rattled but otherwise functional, turned on the engines again, trying to gain altitude, but finding it difficult due to the heavy load hanging onto the right wing.

And so, instead of stopping their descent, R4 simply settled for slowing their fall down enough to not crash, but rather simply make a rough landing. The ships were in bad shape, but the pilots would likely survive. R4 launched out of its wing compartment and went on its merry way.

• Upvote 2

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

Putting her hand on Drift's shoulder in sympathy, Helen then gave a small nod in Zib's direction, wordlessly telling the shocked Hero that he was still needed.

IC Wolfe [Police Station]:

Thoroughly convinced that something big was going on, Wolfe turned to Thumper's captive (Kavok Quake). "What say you, friend?" he asked the villain in a cheery voice. "Are you here of your own accord and just so happened to pick the same night as every other villain, or did someone hire you all?"

OOC: Ship profile time. I'll add it to Wolfe's page if approved.

Ship: Lois (Low Orbit Ion System) is a modified, vintage, chrome-plated jumpship. A large, black, HF logo adorns the bow, as well as 'Lois' meticulously hand painted in black next to the right wing.

Size: Small (seats three people)

Pilot(s): Wolfe

NPCs Onboard: None

Communications Systems: Access to all HF channels and most civilian frequencies.

Navigation and Drive: Has access to all HF starmaps and charting systems. Average sensor array. Cockpit is arranged with the pilot in front, passenger in the middle, and gunner in back.

Weapons/Armor: Standard plasma gun (which requires a brief cooldown period after excessive use) built into the hull below the bow/cockpit, as well as two wing-mounted laser guns (added by Wolfe). Armor plating is light but durable, and is backed up by a standard shielding system.

Propulsion Systems: Moderately agile, and considerably fast for a refurbished antique. Possesses both an overhauled sublight ion engine and a custom hyperdrive unit (commissioned by Wolfe) propelling the ship via two large thrusters.

Land vs. Dock: Can land on any solid surface with relative ease. Landing gear is also outfitted with gravitation clamps for low-to-zero-gravity landings.

Notes: This model was originally meant to act as a posh commuter craft for short trips between planets and whatever space stations orbit them. Considering its age, Lois is slightly more likely to break down than the rest of HF's fleet.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |